[IMPLEMENTED] Foxfire, the vulpine TF

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
SynthSap was ongoing project of Jim before departure. KNowing how you making one after another TF itmes you can look into SynthSap and finish it. If you not have copy of it to look at I think I should have it.

It is already fully coded, but unavailable for some lore reasons. it is gated behind unfinished "Vanae: History" codex entry.

Btw is it me or pic in first post is broken?

Broken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Hum lore reasons? o_O

That is weird. It's basicaly jsut PC talking to Xenogen doc on Mhenga then going to gather 5 vanae TF items, then some credits and time spend and viola we got acces to synthsap. It even allow after this sell futher vanae stuff used to make synth sap to doc or kelly. Can't see where is that lore issues. What you think it may be the reason it's unaccesbale still?

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Hum lore reasons? o_O

That is weird. It's basicaly jsut PC talking to Xenogen doc on Mhenga then going to gather 5 vanae TF items, then some credits and time spend and viola we got acces to synthsap. It even allow after this sell futher vanae stuff used to make synth sap to doc or kelly. Can't see where is that lore issues. What you think it may be the reason it's unaccesbale still?

Have no idea. AFAIK there were some intended way to get that history codex entry, but it is one of Jim's abandoned projects.

https://github.com/OXOIndustries/Trials-in-Tainted-Space/commit/a8427480653f683eb011af4107056d26afa52d57

Code:
* Setup for Synth Sap item by JimT. Not yet accessible in-game until the
"Vanae: History" codex entry is unlocked and viewed--which will probably
happen during a vanae X-pac in the future.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ok so it will be offlimit until someone make way to unlock vanae: history or other way make possible to start quest for making it. About history I think it was something connected to Milky Forrest exp that Jim was working :( maybe even connected to visiting one of Sky Tree cities. All those was so cool sounding but now all gathering dust...such a shame really such a shame.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Since pull request is now merged, I'm marking it as implemented.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Grats for another TF ingame. Smeels like soon you gonna get in purple :p

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
View attachment 3891Would it suit me? I'm not corrupted!

I'm perpetually pissed of at anime and modern mainstream fantasy for making that trope. Purple is the royal color, not that of weeb baddies and stupid warlocks.

Grats on slipping your second brain-baby into the game. Even if it potentially brought a buttload of headaches to writers and inconsistencies to us all.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm perpetually pissed of at anime and modern mainstream fantasy for making that trope. Purple is the royal color, not that of weeb baddies and stupid warlocks.

Well, blame CoC here for using purple as a color of corruption :)

Even if it potentially brought a buttload of headaches to writers and inconsistencies to us all.

Multiple genitails? I don't think that it would cause troubles. Non-parasitic tailcunts maybe, since they were not considered as an option in most scenes.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Well I always thinking it's more pink not purpole but if others say it's been in purole...whatever to that xD

Well there is no corruption in TiTS just taint Hue Hue

Well, not exactly true in my case 9_9

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well in my case I would better feel in green than purple. heck I even would reject getting into red if I could go green way :smugdog:

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Well in my case I would better feel in green than purple. heck I even would reject getting into red if I could go green way :smugdog:

Why you are blue on the avatar then? :)

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Why you are blue on the avatar then? :)

Not like it's my rl appearance on this avator like I assume your avator isn't your rl shape either. She's just chara that is really special to me :p

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Not like it's my rl appearance on this avator like I assume your avator isn't your rl shape either. She's just chara that is really special to me :p

Well, that's exactly what am I talking about.

Rare Pleasure

Jan 16, 2016
Im sorry to hijack this thread, but, uhh... how do you properally submit content. I made a thing and its all finished, but I could not find any obvious information on how to make sure if it has been submited or not. Thanks for any help.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Im sorry to hijack this thread, but, uhh... how do you properally submit content. I made a thing and its all finished, but I could not find any obvious information on how to make sure if it has been submited or not. Thanks for any help.

Em... Have no idea. I'm coding it myself, so I'm creating pull request on github for it.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF

From what I've gathered, you just PM Savin to look at your thing as soon as you make sure that it satisfies all the requirements listed here.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
ohhh can't wait to use this tf item >x3 <3 though im curious and plans after this tf?

I think I should work on the LD mod. It is almost done, all that left is a proper NPC instead of a placeholder. And an overhaul of TFable NPCs mechanics to use TiTS NPC storage instead of the workaround.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Seems like the TF is in the game now. Hooray.

Maybe you could ask have a purple profile name now :D

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Moar we need moar purples like you Etis. Ohh yeah and grats on purple robes of forum ^^

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Will there be a 'snow lynx' setting for Catnip w/ massive fluffiness? (like Frostfire)

There is 1/3 chance to get fluffy fur when using Catnip on the non-fur skin (though this would require savescumming). And if you have a long enough beard and get fur before muzzle, you'll get lynx sideburns. Or you can just use Frostfire to get fluffy fur and Icy Veins perk, then use Catnip to become feline-morph. Icy Veins would remain as long as you have fluffy fur.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
After using frostfire I noticed there's no status effect to say it's applied. Should there be one?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
After using frostfire I noticed there's no status effect to say it's applied. Should there be one?

I thought this too--but it seems the status is intended to be a constant aesthetic effect with no timed period to gauge or any obvious "stat debuffs", so the effect is better left hidden--even though it makes constant changes to the character. The instructions before using the item should give some outline to how it functions though and there is an added anti-transformation item added after use to get rid of the effect, if necessary.

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
Do you have plans for any other TFs?