Valor and glory - New public version 27/01/2019!

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Game version 0.0.2a - 12/08/2016
New features:

- Started working on the Farmlands area, which can be found by hitting east from the forest (Not a whole to do there as of now)
- Added two new monsters: The cumquat(with victory scene) and the moohmin(victory scene in the works), which can be found in the farmlands
- Raised the level cap by 1

Fixes:
- More spelling errors
- Fixed a bug involving the spider boss that could lock/cheat the game. Thanks to art926

Notes:
- Was thinking that once the moohmin win-scene gets done, we put our attention at getting some smut out there. Some win-scenarios for the player after beating a monster more specific.
- Does anyone know if there's people on the forum that takes writing jobs? Commissions and such.

Win scenes? Yes plz.

Edit: Also, the (with victory scene) part? Does that refer to the player's victory or the monster's victory? If it's the latter, it would be called a defeat scene (I'd think, at least).

Last edited by a moderator:

asmariamoon

Dec 27, 2015
So this might be a bug, my characters that got to level 5 before the update still have the maxed out level 5 XP bar and can't level to 6.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
- Does anyone know if there's people on the forum that takes writing jobs? Commissions and such.

I would, but unfortunately, I only like MxM so I'm not really comfortable with writing MxF or FxF scenes.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
What if you did the writing but took "templates" from the experts? Like those are who gay can write some typical M/M scenes so you know how it should be written. And lesbians can write some F/F scenes for you so you have examples from both. That way you use their input in your sex scenes but it's all written by you and it's a more coherent story. Less money spent and the experts have given you some examples to use. Maybe some would even write specific scenes for you and that should work as well. For example, karunama just stated he would write MxM scenes. So what if you could give karunama a victory MxM scene between a male PC and a tentacle vine monster?

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
So this might be a bug, my characters that got to level 5 before the update still have the maxed out level 5 XP bar and can't level to 6.

Yes.. Turns out I've goofed it up :/  apologies. It'll get fixed.

I would suggest doing a bounty board in your OP, that way you would get the types of scenes you want, and can choose the best ones.

What if you did the writing but took "templates" from the experts? Like those are who gay can write some typical M/M scenes so you know how it should be written. And lesbians can write some F/F scenes for you so you have examples from both. That way you use their input in your sex scenes but it's all written by you and it's a more coherent story. Less money spent and the experts have given you some examples to use. Maybe some would even write specific scenes for you and that should work as well. For example, karunama just stated he would write MxM scenes. So what if you could give karunama a victory MxM scene between a male PC and a tentacle vine monster?

I would, but unfortunately, I only like MxM so I'm not really comfortable with writing MxF or FxF scenes.

Thanks for your input. I'll take it into account on what to do.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Awaiting that day where I get brought in to write the male who breaks the PC into their personal cum-dump ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Awaiting that day where I get brought in to write the male who breaks the PC into their personal cum-dump ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

haha, I'll fight you for it :p.  Unless you wanna write for the female PCs.  Then you can have that side.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Battle of the MxM content, begins nooooow

Dibs on traps.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
No one wants those big, furry clawed monsters.

tfw someone says that and you're rapidly becoming a bear IRL.

Edit; that face looks like this ;-;

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Will there be pregnancy?

Just a question.

Gonna be honest, I hadn't thought of it. It's not currently on the table, so no litter-making in any near future. Apologies mate. 

tfw someone says that and you're rapidly becoming a bear IRL.

Edit; that face looks like this ;-;

No one wants those big, furry clawed monsters.

Lots of terms getting thrown around, and I'm just sitting here not knowing half of them :p

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Lots of terms getting thrown around, and I'm just sitting here not knowing half of them :p

Okay, I'll explain the ones you likely don't know and some other related ones.

A 'Trap' is a person who can pass as the opposite gender.  If you put a boy in a dress and people think they're a girl (or even more so if people still think so if he's wearing boy clothes), he's a trap.

A 'Twink' is a young thin guy.  Justin Bieber is a particularly annoying example thereof.

A 'Bear' is a man with a bit of muscle, fat, or both, but always fairly bulky and absolutely hairy.  Usually you're only considered a bear after you hit the age of 30.

If you're young but otherwise fit the Bear definition, the term is 'Cub' and if you're super hairy but have no bulk, an 'Otter'

Oh, and most importantly, a 'Top' is the person fucking, and a 'Bottom' is the person getting fucked.  You probably knew those already, but just in case.

BubbleLord may be able to volunteer other terms you might not know, but those are all that are coming to mind to me atm.

Random Sidenote; traps can be male or female as long as they can be confused for the opposite gender, and I don't touch them because I find them more than a little offputting.  Like... they go into the sexual Uncanny Valley and beyond, to a land where only the softest penises can live.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016

A 'Trap' is a person who can pass as the opposite gender.  If you put a boy in a dress and people think they're a girl (or even more so if people still think so if he's wearing boy clothes), he's a trap.

A 'Twink' is a young thin guy.  Justin Bieber is a particularly annoying example thereof.

A 'Bear' is a man with a bit of muscle, fat, or both, but always fairly bulky and absolutely hairy.  Usually you're only considered a bear after you hit the age of 30.

If you're young but otherwise fit the Bear definition, the term is 'Cub' and if you're super hairy but have no bulk, an 'Otter'

Oh, and most importantly, a 'Top' is the person fucking, and a 'Bottom' is the person getting fucked.  You probably knew those already, but just in case.

BubbleLord may be able to volunteer other terms you might not know, but those are all that are coming to mind to me atm.

Random Sidenote; traps can be male or female as long as they can be confused for the opposite gender, and I don't touch them because I find them more than a little offputting.  Like... they go into the sexual Uncanny Valley and beyond, to a land where only the softest penises can live.

Man that was a crazy look into a world I knew nothing about xD  thanks

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Man that was a crazy look into a world I knew nothing about xD  thanks

No problem.  Knowledge is power and all that.  Hopefully you'll know what we're talking about when we go off about which particular type of guys we're drooling over in the middle of your thread :p

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I'm not sure if this has been changed, but while playing this game as a male PC I noticed that pretty much all of the NPC encounters were with the PC being dominant.  Will there be other options added down the line if you'd prefer to have the PC be submissive?  Also, are there plans for PC penetrating on fight losses?  I don't think that actually ever happens right now.  If such options do exist in the game, could someone please direct me to them?

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
I'm not sure if this has been changed, but while playing this game as a male PC I noticed that pretty much all of the NPC encounters were with the PC being dominant.  Will there be other options added down the line if you'd prefer to have the PC be submissive?  Also, are there plans for PC penetrating on fight losses?  I don't think that actually ever happens right now.  If such options do exist in the game, could someone please direct me to them?

Actually handled a scene related to that (though it wasn't my cup of tea). I think it's the Moohmin scene? It's mostly due to the fact most of the monsters currently have dick to some degree. Were there to be some girly girl monsters/people (like the Moohmin) that were introduced more, I certainly wouldn't mind writing it/would expect it to have content scrapped together.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Actually handled a scene related to that (though it wasn't my cup of tea). I think it's the Moohmin scene? It's mostly due to the fact most of the monsters currently have dick to some degree. Were there to be some girly girl monsters/people (like the Moohmin) that were introduced more, I certainly wouldn't mind writing it/would expect it to have content scrapped together.

Are the Moohmin scenes in the game now?  There are three female enemies I've met so far.  One grows dicks, a second employs a dildo to penetrate the PC.  The remaining female makes you experience a vision of her face sitting from her perspective that doesn't even involve the PC.  I've found it to be a bit odd that there doesn't seem to be basic PC penetrating vaginal sex on any defeat scenes, only in the victory scenes or NPC scenes.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
Are the Moohmin scenes in the game now?  There are three female enemies I've met so far.  One grows dicks, a second employs a dildo to penetrate the PC.  The remaining female makes you experience a vision of her face sitting from her perspective that doesn't even involve the PC.  I've found it to be a bit odd that there doesn't seem to be basic PC penetrating vaginal sex on any defeat scenes, only in the victory scenes or NPC scenes.

I think that's what he's currently working on. Amongst other things, he is working on the moohmin victory scenes.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Hello there. The Moohmin scenes aren't in the game as of yet. Expect them with the upcoming patch. And yes the scene does involve a male into female penetration, and some milk.. My standpoint on the matter is that a defeat shouldn't be pleasant (not harmful though), so I'm always going to twist the defeat scenes to be less in the favor of the player, which is why there's a lots of forcible entry into male openings right now.

The remaining female makes you experience a vision of her face sitting from her perspective that doesn't even involve the PC. 

This I can't deny is a strange scene, and it had me smile that someone spoke up about it. I commissioned the brownie win scene from a guy, but he either didn't understand my instructions or I'm lousy at describing what I want, so it ended up being that he wrote the whole thing from the brownie's point of view in one go. I felt bad about asking for a re-write and decided just to role with it :p  changing it to "sorta" fit. I haven't used him since sadly.

And it is the player character the brownie assaults in the scene. It's just isn't written that clearly.  

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Hello there. The Moohmin scenes aren't in the game as of yet. Expect them with the upcoming patch. And yes the scene does involve a male into female penetration, and some milk.. My standpoint on the matter is that a defeat shouldn't be pleasant (not harmful though), so I'm always going to twist the defeat scenes to be less in the favor of the player, which is why there's a lots of forcible entry into male openings right now.

I don't mind that much.  It's certainly better than CoC was when it only had a few female enemies (Sandwitch made you grow boobs, bee girl gave you eggs).  I actually like guys being penetrated, just thought it was weird that it was the only content, since that will be less popular and it seems like you're trying to appeal to a general audience.  I look forward to the moohmin, assuming there is no transformation there.

This I can't deny is a strange scene, and it had me smile that someone spoke up about it. I commissioned the brownie win scene from a guy, but he either didn't understand my instructions or I'm lousy at describing what I want, so it ended up being that he wrote the whole thing from the brownie's point of view in one go. I felt bad about asking for a re-write and decided just to role with it :p  changing it to "sorta" fit. I haven't used him since sadly.

And it is the player character the brownie assaults in the scene. It's just isn't written that clearly.  

One possible way to have made the scene less strange would have been to have it be a mix of both her perspective and the player's.  Switching each paragraph or so.  I guess that the most unfortunate thing is that it's the first female encounter and might give the wrong impression about the rest of the game.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.0.2b - 22/08/2016
New features:
- New scene for Gnuk the orc, working for both M/M and M/F (You need to have passed the charisma check in the quest "Orc blues")
- The Moohmin defeat scene is ready to smash your pelvises.
- Cumquats and Moohmins now have their introduction- and defeat descriptions
- Some people had trouble that the game didn't work on their resolutions so I've added a smaller window size.
- There's a new button between minimize and close. It changes the window to the smallest size (but only works on the start screen), giving the low-resolution users a chance to actually click on the buttons :p

Fixes:
- Fixed that when loading a game it doesn't override the current level tree, denying saved games to increase in levels. (Also raised the cap to 7 as a little "sorry")

Notes:
- Was thinking about looking into Patreon. Not knowing a lot about, if someone with experience could share their knowledge I'd be thankful :)

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015

(Bit OT but made me think of this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc9_mxvP1K0 :) )

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Notes:
- Was thinking about looking into Patreon. Not knowing a lot about, if someone with experience could share their knowledge I'd be thankful :)

It is essentially periodic crowd funding rather than bulk sum like Kickstarter and its equivalents.  People give you money at a monthly rate or for each time you release a paid post.  Were there specific questions you had about it?

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
It is essentially periodic crowd funding rather than bulk sum like Kickstarter and its equivalents.  People give you money at a monthly rate or for each time you release a paid post.  Were there specific questions you had about it?

I have some :)
- Is there any taxation to take into account?
- Can you create polls for your patrons to vote on?
- How is money transferred?

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I have some :)
- Is there any taxation to take into account?
- Can you create polls for your patrons to vote on?
- How is money transferred?

-Depends on your jurisdiction.  European countries will tax donors, for example, but that's handled on Patreon's end.  As Patreon is a US company, US tax rules are used when payments are retrieved.

-Not in the Patreon client itself, but you can use external poll programs that are linked by patron only pages.

-Credit card or Paypal for patrons, Direct Deposit via Payoneer or Paypal for creators.  Patreon also recently arranged for Paypal to handle adult content transactions on its site specifically.

Mario

Aug 5, 2016
Could not use Mana Potion besides Mana being low.

Also, might be bug or an unfixable issue: With a full inventory, meaning no slots free, I am not able to craft an item I have the necessary items while the stuff I wanted to craft was at a low counter. ... I mean I had no free slots, two health potions in one slot and wanted to make new health potions with that red slimey stuff. However I could not do that until I cleared an entire slot. After doing that I could create new Health potions and those where added to the 2 potions in the slot they already occupied.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Could not use Mana Potion besides Mana being low.

Also, might be bug or an unfixable issue: With a full inventory, meaning no slots free, I am not able to craft an item I have the necessary items while the stuff I wanted to craft was at a low counter. ... I mean I had no free slots, two health potions in one slot and wanted to make new health potions with that red slimey stuff. However I could not do that until I cleared an entire slot. After doing that I could create new Health potions and those where added to the 2 potions in the slot they already occupied.

Two new bugs for me to stamp on for the next patch - Thanks for reporting them :)