Valor and glory - New public version 27/01/2019!

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
I want to make a couple suggestions. The old hands style clock is fine and all but it would speed up the reading of the time if we also had it display the numeric time below it in 24 hour format. There aren't a lot of indicators as to whether it is AM or PM in the game so its a thought. Also the inventory gui is very hard to click and move things. It could be an issue with the click and drag sensitivity in the game versus some devices. I use a logitech gaming mouse and I have a hell of a time getting it to click and drag. The only other times I notice this is with some java based games that aren't thoroughly optimized so they actually interpret a single click as a double click occasionally. I wish there were a way to right click and have a dropdown with the option to equip or remove an item. Even moreso it would be nifty to have the option of discarding items in this way. Trying to buy items is also a chore since it requires a lot of cursor positioning and clicking/holding and hoping you get the little crate symbol meaning that you're moving the item over. Other than those two gui and interface items I would say its shaping up nicely now.

Last edited by a moderator:

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
I like the clock with hands look. Could put a custom clock face that changes according to am/pm. Like a sun face would be am and a moon face for pm. Or you could do a clock where either the face or the hands change color according to am/pm cycle.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.0.1g - 06/06/2016 New features:- There's a new patron in the Foxhole. Meet the batty bard that has some introductions scenes, sells spellbooks and has a sex scene for dick wielders (30+ lust and 20G req)
- The background of the clock now displays if it's nighttime/daytime - big thanks to muttdoggy for the idea
- The option to wait is now in the game. Click on the clock in the menu, and you'll skip 3 hours ahead.
- There's been added a tooltip on the clock, displaying the day number and the time in 00.00 format.
Bug fixes:- The dreaded bug that caused the crash on start/load clicking has been vanquished! Yay- I'd forgotten to remove the hit detection on the little amount indicator on the item icons. Should be easier to select and drag them around now.  - The "loot all gives you a zero amount item" bug should be removed

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Game version 0.0.1g - 06/06/2016 New features:- There's a new patron in the Foxhole. Meet the batty bard that has some introductions scenes, sells spellbooks and has a sex scene for dick wielders (30+ lust and 20G req)
- The background of the clock now displays if it's nighttime/daytime - big thanks to muttdoggy for the idea
- The option to wait is now in the game. Click on the clock in the menu, and you'll skip 3 hours ahead.
- There's been added a tooltip on the clock, displaying the day number and the time in 00.00 format.
Bug fixes:- The dreaded bug that caused the crash on start/load clicking has been vanquished! Yay- I'd forgotten to remove the hit detection on the little amount indicator on the item icons. Should be easier to select and drag them around now.  - The "loot all gives you a zero amount item" bug should be removed

I have the sneaking suspicion that 'batty' is literal in this case :p

tjmac124

Oct 2, 2015
I found a typo i'm playing as a male shoredweller and under character description it says "Your features are those of a shoredweller, slick scales and fins covering your body, with a strong fishlike tail for svimming." Misspelled swimming.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Thanks for the update!  :yeah:

No, thank you :D

I have the sneaking suspicion that 'batty' is literal in this case :p

*Wink wink

I found a typo i'm playing as a male shoredweller and under character description it says "Your features are those of a shoredweller, slick scales and fins covering your body, with a strong fishlike tail for svimming." Misspelled swimming.

Krux

Nov 15, 2015
Hi. Is it normal that, after losing to a boar the game takes you automatically to the main menu? Because it happened twice and it's the only enemy that does that

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Hi. Is it normal that, after losing to a boar the game takes you automatically to the main menu? Because it happened twice and it's the only enemy that does that

yeah, all the other enemies rape you, but boars only want to gore and eat you.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
The first time you meet Symph has her say {Playername}.

The new blowjob scene has a paragraph that mentions you having a pussy and laying on the table. it sounds like that bit wandered in from a different scene.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
The first time you meet Symph has her say {Playername}.

The new blowjob scene has a paragraph that mentions you having a pussy and laying on the table. it sounds like that bit wandered in from a different scene.

Wauw, that's a big goof on my part ^^; thanks for telling. I'll make sure to get it fixed.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016

Karunama have already summarized it pretty well :) but yes, losing to either the boars or the spider ends your game. There's nothing that explains this so I can understand your confusion. I'll try to come up with something that can make this clearer to the player :) thanks

Foxylad

Jun 8, 2016
Created an account just to point this out, as this project seems to have a lot of potential.

There's a bug, where if you take any piece of equipment and put it in a slot where it does not belong, your stats will go up, but the item won't get equipped, and this can be repeated multiple times. This resulted in me getting whopping high damage/defence stats in just the ruins level.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Created an account just to point this out, as this project seems to have a lot of potential.

There's a bug, where if you take any piece of equipment and put it in a slot where it does not belong, your stats will go up, but the item won't get equipped, and this can be repeated multiple times. This resulted in me getting whopping high damage/defence stats in just the ruins level.

Thanks champ :) I'll get that added to the list of bugs. Appreciate your effort in telling me.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.0.1h - 13/06/2016 
New features:
- Symph can now play ballads for a small fee, boosting stats
- An icon will now be displayed next to the monster's name, if said monster is a game ending encounter.

Bug fixes:
- Spell errors. And I'd gotten the bard blowjob scene mixed up with a bit of the waitress oral scene. Should be fixed.
- Fixed a bug where equipping an item in the slot would grant you it's stats - thanks to Foxylad

Notes:
- More behind coding than actual new feature, making ready for abilities. Apologies for the small update this time

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.0.1i - 21/06/2016 
New features:
- Smiggins is now willing to share his secret about dwarven optimism, learning you the ability Fantasize (Must have asked Moira about working at the inn before you'll get the option)
- If both Sal and Symph have been introduced, and the time is 22 a'clock, then a scene will be triggered when talking to one of them. This can only occur once a week.
- Added a graphic to Symph's blowjob scene

Bug fixes:
- Fixed some wrongings in the player perks

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
can saved games be transferred between versions?

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
can saved games be transferred between versions?

Normally this should be possible :)  , but I've made some changes to the Player class (Added a Abilities list and changed the perk system), and your old save might not have these current changes. This could crash the game, if it tries referencing something that doesn't exists in your save. But try putting your savegame into the new save folder, and give it a go :)  It can't hurt.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Okay, thanks for the prompt response.

Blubb

Nov 24, 2015
I tested it, and I found some things that bothered me:

1. There are no "game over" scenes. You are simply transferred back to the main menu, which is kinda boring.
  2. When you get fucked by the wood golem, the picture shows a female character getting assfucked. But the scene itself doesn't inculde any anal. My (female character) also is still a anal virgin after the scene.
  3. After that, I created a male character to test something, and it seems that, according to your character description, you never loose your anal virginity, even if the scene clearly included your butt getting stuffed. Even after getting assfucked by any possible enemy, he still was an anal virgin in the description. :D
  4. Even after reaching level 5 and getting the best available equipment (at least as far as I can tell), I still don't seem to do much more damage to the first available enemys. Are they getting stronger, too?

Apart from that I really enjoyed the game. I like the artwork, and the sex scenes are written quite well. ^_^ I wish there would be more sex options when you win a fight, like the "slime oral" scene.

Do you already have future plans? Which direction you want to take, or what features you wanna add?

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
I tested it, and I found some things that bothered me:

1. There are no "game over" scenes. You are simply transferred back to the main menu, which is kinda boring.
  2. When you get fucked by the wood golem, the picture shows a female character getting assfucked. But the scene itself doesn't inculde any anal. My (female character) also is still a anal virgin after the scene.
  3. After that, I created a male character to test something, and it seems that, according to your character description, you never loose your anal virginity, even if the scene clearly included your butt getting stuffed. Even after getting assfucked by any possible enemy, he still was an anal virgin in the description. :D
  4. Even after reaching level 5 and getting the best available equipment (at least as far as I can tell), I still don't seem to do much more damage to the first available enemys. Are they getting stronger, too?

Apart from that I really enjoyed the game. I like the artwork, and the sex scenes are written quite well. ^_^ I wish there would be more sex options when you win a fight, like the "slime oral" scene.

Do you already have future plans? Which direction you want to take, or what features you wanna add?

Sorry for the slow response :)  I'll try my best to respond to your list
1: There's no scenes for the game ending enemies, because that would involving writing a description on how you died, which is too morbid for me. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing so. I can however try and think of an animation or graphical feature that portrays the game over better than simple getting thrown back to the start screen. I agree that currently it isn't optimal at all.

2 & 3: Good thing you mentioned this, because I'd totally forgotten about adding the code that should have this :p  

4: The items currently in the game are of the weaker variate, so either I should lower the damage you receive from strength to improve item importance, or I should boost item stats. I'll look into this, because the monsters aren't leveling alongside you.

- Sex scenes are the thing I can relax with while working on content. After finishing the loss scene for the wood runner, I'll look into the win scenario sex scenes.

My plans? That a though cookie :p  I've gotten plenty of ideas (followers, housing, lordships) but these are in the distant future till the game is sizable enough that I feel comfortable promoting besides here.

I hope this has helped somewhat, else feel free to write back. Good feedback is gold.  

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.0.1j - 28/06/2016
New features:

- Added defeat descriptions for the slime girl, wood golem & wood runner encounters.
- Woodrunner and wood golem now pack some new abilities.
- If having butt sex it'll now change your character's ass description properly (Found under character).
- There's a new alchemy item called toxic molotov

Bug fix:
- Sometimes using an item during a fight would remove the wrong item

Notes:
- Apologies for the small update: I'm spending the former and current week at a musical festival and it's means less content these weeks. Having loads of fun though. 

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Sweet.  Now to try really hard to lose to the rat dudes on purpose so I can test this :p.  They're slightly rarer than the other 2 enemies, so it's kinda difficult.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Okay, just wanted to report that the journal entries for the two new spells sold by Symph are thoroughly broken/nonexistent.  Once you learn them, their journal entry names are blank, and clicking on them crashes the client.

Just for the record, after a player death, a simple screen with 'Game Over' being displayed should be more than sufficient to dispel any confusion IMO.  No need for a description of the specifics of the player's death, if that's difficult for you :).

I was thinking about making a text file with essentially all the descriptions in the game.  Each one would be listed twice; once in the current state, and once post proofreading.  Does that sound like something you'd be interested in at this point, or would it be wasted effort atm?

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Okay, just wanted to report that the journal entries for the two new spells sold by Symph are thoroughly broken/nonexistent.  Once you learn them, their journal entry names are blank, and clicking on them crashes the client.

Just for the record, after a player death, a simple screen with 'Game Over' being displayed should be more than sufficient to dispel any confusion IMO.  No need for a description of the specifics of the player's death, if that's difficult for you :).

I was thinking about making a text file with essentially all the descriptions in the game.  Each one would be listed twice; once in the current state, and once post proofreading.  Does that sound like something you'd be interested in at this point, or would it be wasted effort atm?

Oh my. I'll have to look at those spell entries then. We can't have those nasty, little bugs.

Happy to hear that a simple game over screen could suffice. I'll look into some design for this.

And omg yesh that would be awesome with a proper spellcheck on the text in the game <3

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
alrighty then.  I'll try and have that up on here later tonight/tomorrow morning.  I'll be editing grammatically as well as spellchecking, and I'll also keep an eye out for any awkward phrasing.   That said, I'm only into M/M and I'm not being paid for this, so the female character specific stuff can be handled by someone else.

Random sidenote; the Shore Dwellers start off slightly stronger than the other two races.  Humans and Ursines have a stat total of 44.  Shore Dwellers have 45.  Is that intended?  It's a small difference, but idk how worried you are about min-maxers.

Edit; Going to take a bit longer than I originally expected.  After working on it most of the night,  I have all the location, item, combat and monster stuff finished, but still need to do roughly half of the journal and finish a fair amount of the dialogue with the pub characters.  That said, it's going to have to wait, cuz it's just about this kitty's bedtime.

Edit 2: Finished it.  It's a simple word file and as well laid out as you can hope for from unpaid labor :p.  If I missed anything, you have questions, or want to have me check something else, just PM me :).

View attachment Valor and Glory edits.rtf

Edit 3: Looked over it, and the inventory item 'Bones' aren't listed in the file, but they were fine and didn't have any errors, so no sweat.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
It is I, the breaker of old saves, Leopold Visette!

Game version 0.0.1m - 07/07/2016
New features:
- The game map has been updated so individual squares can have individual graphics. I did this because I hoped it would make it more interesting to look at, and give people a incentive to go somewhere on the map. Having changed the map this way will most certainly mean your old saves won't work anymore. Here's a chance to reroll!
- Map icons for the starting dungeon added.
- Added a lose screen upon getting defeated in a game ending encounters. Hope it helps more than the previously abruptly returning to the start screen.
- The wood runner now has a win scenario now. Players beware.

Bug fix:
- The cryomancer journal entry was crashing the game. Should be fixed now.
- Lower the price on Symph's spell books, because she was charging faaaar too much.

Notes:
- So a festival and a sickness later, finally have to something to upload. If anyone's got ideas, input is always welcome.

Pushtomorrow

Oct 20, 2015
Just tried downloading this game so my first try of it is the 0.0.1m version but I am getting no response at all from the exe. I am running windows 10 and I have both tried it as admin and with several other versions of windows in compatibility mode. None work and I don't even get an error just an endless loop cycle. If I could try a earlier version of the game I could rule out the possibility that it is just me and not the game itself.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Just tried downloading this game so my first try of it is the 0.0.1m version but I am getting no response at all from the exe. I am running windows 10 and I have both tried it as admin and with several other versions of windows in compatibility mode. None work and I don't even get an error just an endless loop cycle. If I could try a earlier version of the game I could rule out the possibility that it is just me and not the game itself.

Sure thing. Sounds very weird indeed. I've attacthed 0.0.1f version. 
If you run the file (dotNetFx45_Full_setup) in the install folder, does it say you already have it installed?

View attachment ValorAndGlory.rar