Valor and glory - New public version 27/01/2019!

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
Extract first then open game folder. Once there click on the last icon on the list named Valor and Glory.................. Application. That works for me I don't know anything beyond that.

Oh but windows tried to block it from opening

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Extract first then open game folder. Once there click on the last icon on the list named Valor and Glory.................. Application. That works for me I don't know anything beyond that.

Oh but windows tried to block it from opening

Oh my, windows tried to block it? That's a bad one.. I'll have to look into that.

typo "You wonder.. Could these be potions like those used by adventurous". adventurers 
The feeling is so good, it valids a taste!" Valids I think you are saying the feeling is so good, it calls for a taste! ? 

Just a tiny sip though, since drinking unknown substance and being careful goes hand in hand. substances instead of substance and go instead of goes(only if you switch to substances though).

You stand up, wiping off the crosted scabs from" crosted should be crusted.

Thank you :)  The proofreading is most appreciated 

I skimmed through here and didn't see anyone mention this crash bug. But if you have one piece of equipment and try to click and drag another piece of equipment that fills the same slot into it to swap gear it will crash. If you want to swap gear you need to remove the old equipment first and then put the newer and better equipment in its place.

Did this still occur in the version 0.0.1a of the game? :)

Drak-Ei

May 8, 2016
Some bugs in the text.

>The lovely thought is quickly interrupted as {calculate gold} coins is dropped into your open hand
>“Thank you {playername}! Turn on that charisma of yours!”
>You smile, clapping your hands together as you explain that the fireplace is running and you wondered if he'd might help.

Should that be "running out"?

Oh, and the Forest orb  image cuts the paragraph in 2 parts so only a few words are left after the image.

About Windows blocking the exe: it does ask "Do you want to open/allow this file?" but that's just what windows does. No real blocking here

Last edited by a moderator:

DaviceMathews

Aug 26, 2015
About Windows blocking the exe: it does ask "Do you want to open/allow this file?" but that's just what windows does. No real blocking here

Honestly I was really tired when I added that so it is possible I mixed up programs. I would wait and see if anyone else has the same problem before hunting through code trying to find something that might not be there.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Honestly I was really tired when I added that so it is possible I mixed up programs. I would wait and see if anyone else has the same problem before hunting through code trying to find something that might not be there.

It could also be on my account. The last build was made without me having logged in, so the file might have been built with a "unknown source" instead of my credentials. I'll remember to long in with the next version, and then we'll see :)

Will you be adding new playable races?

Surely there'll be more races :)  but don't expect them in any near future. Wishes are welcome though.

Some bugs in the text.

>The lovely thought is quickly interrupted as {calculate gold} coins is dropped into your open hand
>“Thank you {playername}! Turn on that charisma of yours!”
>You smile, clapping your hands together as you explain that the fireplace is running and you wondered if he'd might help.

Should that be "running out"?

Oh, and the Forest orb  image cuts the paragraph in 2 parts so only a few words are left after the image.

Thanks :D  Those are some big whoopsies. They'll get taken care of.

atar

Oct 16, 2015
From my firewall log:

VALORANDGLORY.EXE    Prompt for system object modification    Internet Settings    HKEY_USERS\mysid\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap

Care to explain?

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
From my firewall log:

VALORANDGLORY.EXE    Prompt for system object modification    Internet Settings    HKEY_USERS\mysid\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap

Care to explain?

Well, that's a bad one. Zone mapping has to do with added security when attempting to open applications through URL's. You shouldn't by any chance be running a windows server, since they can goof it?

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
just want to say, you should upload the game to a place like mediafire so you don't have to make an account on here to download it, heres a link to the current (as of this post) version of the game    http://www.mediafire.com/download/y6jvkzr8322eujb/ValorAndGlory.zip

In honesty this is probably one of the worst ways to make a first post. Reason I am only pointing it out is because you didn't obtain permission from the game creator to upload it to somewhere else. I've seen developers from other projects, heck even modders for games like Skyrim and Fallout go into a volcanic rage at people uploading their mods/games to other places without their permission.

Desert Dunes

May 11, 2016
In honesty this is probably one of the worst ways to make a first post. Reason I am only pointing it out is because you didn't obtain permission from the game creator to upload it to somewhere else. I've seen developers from other projects, heck even modders for games like Skyrim and Fallout go into a volcanic rage at people uploading their mods/games to other places without their permission.

i know that, but in this case i don't see a problem because the link is posted in the same place as the dev's link and nowhere else, im just trying to save others the hassle of making an account on here to download the game, if the game dev wants me to remove my link il take it and the uploaded file down,  but from my point of view (which may not be your point of view) there isen't a problem because you have to go to the dev's thread and look through the replies to find it, there is no confusion as to who made the game so the only possible problem would be that the dev wants to make having an account on here required to download the game.  the way i see it i am not "uploading it somewhere else" i am "offering an alternative download link" for those who want the game without having to make an account on here

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
i know that, but in this case i don't see a problem because the link is posted in the same place as the dev's link and nowhere else, im just trying to save others the hassle of making an account on here to download the game, if the game dev wants me to remove my link il take it and the uploaded file down,  but from my point of view (which may not be your point of view) there isen't a problem because you have to go to the dev's thread and look through the replies to find it, there is no confusion as to who made the game so the only possible problem would be that the dev wants to make having an account on here required to download the game.  the way i see it i am not "uploading it somewhere else" i am "offering an alternative download link" for those who want the game without having to make an account on here

Well it isn't optimal that you have to make an account to play, so much is true. I'll probably set up a website this or next and then can download it there. Just leave it up :)  I guess now is a good time to put up a disclaimer saying that I'm not responsible for other download sources, in case of file tampering (and I'm not saying you've done anything like that to be clear)

ambergrain

Mar 29, 2016
I've been enjoying the game so far. Looks like it has potential.

Some question in version 0.0.1b

1. A possible bug: after entering the spider room I seem to be in an endless loop of fighting baby spider (15 repetitions)

2. I assume 5 is the current level cap. Is that correct?

3. I haven't gotten the option "sneak out" for the elf after completing her boar quest. Is there something else that needs to occur?

4. Is it possible to pay for a room at the Pub? It is possible to sleep on a table, but that only passes time.

5. Is the pub owner's depressed orc customer in the game yet?

art926

Sep 8, 2015
Wow, what a nice surprise! Good interface, interesting story and cozy fantasy atmosphere. Needs a little bit more pictures in the intro, though, and I would split it on more pages. Would be nice to hear more music themes too.
Crashes sometimes. Like, when I hit the enemy, she had a very little HP and I too.
Sometimes after victory I see only an empty page and "next" button is not clickable.
Couldn't find out what to do in the baby spider fight. I kill it once, but it appears again and again.
Crashed when new recipes opened. (it's when you click on new slots "Something or something else")
Need double click on item to take it from enemy. Would like to have a button "take all" and would like more same items stack in one slot.
Want more sex scenes for male character.
Do you have a blog or website?

levant

Aug 31, 2015
Crashes sometimes. Like, when I hit the enemy, she had a very little HP and I too.

Happened to me as well. I think what's going on is that you kill eachother simultaneously and it has no idea what to do

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Sorry for these late replies. The job kinda took over today.

I've been enjoying the game so far. Looks like it has potential.

Some question in version 0.0.1b

1. A possible bug: after entering the spider room I seem to be in an endless loop of fighting baby spider (15 repetitions)

2. I assume 5 is the current level cap. Is that correct?

3. I haven't gotten the option "sneak out" for the elf after completing her boar quest. Is there something else that needs to occur?

4. Is it possible to pay for a room at the Pub? It is possible to sleep on a table, but that only passes time.

5. Is the pub owner's depressed orc customer in the game yet?

Thank for the kind words. And thank you even more for the bug reports :D
1: I certainly gonna take a look at that. That's a big bug indeed.
2: Five is the current lvl cap yesh, It'll be increased later as the word expands.
3: To sneak out with Ealin you need 30+ lust and a cock :3
4: To everyone who's been requesting a rest option for the tavern, it's in coming patch. That's a promise from me!
5: He appears in the afternoon, but the quest can't currently be completed.

Wow, what a nice surprise! Good interface, interesting story and cozy fantasy atmosphere. Needs a little bit more pictures in the intro, though, and I would split it on more pages. Would be nice to hear more music themes too.
Sometimes after victory I see only an empty page and "next" button is not clickable.
Couldn't find out what to do in the baby spider fight. I kill it once, but it appears again and again.
Crashed when new recipes opened. (it's when you click on new slots "Something or something else")
Need double click on item to take it from enemy. Would like to have a button "take all" and would like more same items stack in one slot.
Want more sex scenes for male character.
Do you have a blog or website?

Oooooh, thanks for the kind words. It makes me almost shed a tear :)  I'll put your ideas on the wishlist, since I agree they could improve the game.
And thank you very much for the bugs reports, I'm gonna look into what could course these crashes. And we need more of aaaall types of sex scenes, and some are even cooking in the oven right now.
I don't have a blog and I don't know much about them. I'm aiming at having a website for Valor and Glory in the near future though.

Happened to me as well. I think what's going on is that you kill eachother simultaneously and it has no idea what to do

Thanks for specifying how this might trigger :)

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.0.1d - 05/14/2016 
New features:

- New scene for cock wielders: Defeat a brownie and take her for a ride.
- You can now sleep at the tavern... for a price.

Bug fixes:
- Player dying from a status effect should no longer crash the game.
- The baby spider has been told not to cheat and will no longer fight you in an eternal loop.
- Removed placeholder crafting recipes

Notes:
- If anyone can replicate the "Won fight but the screen is empty and the next button ain't working" please inform me how you managed it (what were you fighting, stats, etc)
- Copy over your old saves into the new save folder to continue on your progression :)  
- Anyone willing to confirm a bug is gone or still occurs, is much appreciated :D

Lielixthe

Apr 16, 2016
Furry Loin kilt refuses to equip. When I hover over the item it reads "shoes" and not "leggings"

P.S. Encountered the empty screen error on previous build, but so far 0.0.1.d has been blank-screen-free for me. yay!

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Furry Loin kilt refuses to equip. When I hover over the item it reads "shoes" and not "leggings"

P.S. Encountered the empty screen error on previous build, but so far 0.0.1.d has been blank-screen-free for me. yay!

Added to bug list :3 Thank you. Stay vigilant towards bugs

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
This is a very nice start for a game.  Haven't gotten too far, but I like what I see and think the art style really suits the game so far.  My only real annoyance was the frequency of encounters and how you don't really get a chance to get use to the game.  The starting items feel like they should be just given to the player, not be something you have to click a search button for.

Bugs:

-Opening an empty inventory in combat leaves it stuck up, obscuring the combat view.

-Raping the slime as a male results in the female sex scene.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Thus the word 'psuedo'.

A scene where a male character is treated as being female while having 'his' vagina licked by a female looking animorphous blob?  I, don't understand how that's m/m in any way....

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Eh?  It fucked me in the ass, iirc.  i could take another look, but i don't know if i want it ruined for me.

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Eh?  It fucked me in the ass, iirc.  i could take another look, but i don't know if i want it ruined for me.

You're probably thinking of the loss scene, I was talking about the win scene.  Mind you, I have not seen the loss scene yet.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
When peeps are trying to be helpful (I've done this before!!), I usually click on the developer's name and shoot an email asking for permission to post on another download site. A big reason behind that is those sites give the uploaders stats on their stuff so they can track the number of downloads, even where they're being downloaded, etc. Most developers respond very kindly to being asked first. In my case, I set it up and gave him the account info since he was busy hunting bugs.

Leopold visette

Mar 11, 2016
Game version 0.0.1e - 05/21/2016 
New features:
- The requested Loot all button has been added
- The Tree Golem now have a victory scene, so beware your bums
- Flavor text when traveling from the northern forest to the western
- Victory descriptions when defeating brownies and ratlings

Bug fixes:
- Furry loin cloth is now properly as leggings instead of footwear 
- Male and female scenes should now proc for the correct genders

Notes:
- If anyone can replicate the "Won fight but the screen is empty and the next button ain't working" please inform me how you managed it (what were you fighting, stats, etc)
- Copy over your old saves into the new save folder to continue on your progression  :)  
- Anyone willing to confirm a bug is gone or still occurs, is much appreciated