Good art games

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
Hey guys,

So this is my first ever post here, but I'm curious, I've played some games that have AMAZING art, such as overwhored, Noxian Nights, AloneXP and a few others, I really enjoy great environments that you can interact with, rather than ones where you can't interact with anything, and I also like the medieval style theme rather than running around a huge modern town like in Keeping it in the family.

I'm wondering if you guys can recommend me any other great free games like this please?

Thanks in advance!

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
There is a thread over on Hongfire of these types of games HRPGs

Also, if you like anime there are a lot of translated games gathered on this ULMF thread

Also, just above your post there is a thread of games in development - always good to see what's coming...

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
Yeah I saw the games in development section but I've played all the ones that sounded good, most are missing descriptions

But I was more just hoping to see what peoples personal recommendations were rather than reading a list

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Since it sounds like you're looking at rpgmaker games, try Bonehead. He released a huge update for it fairly recently, and the art's pretty too.

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Well - the Hongfire list is where I found all the ones like what you listed as liking. The only way to find out if you like it is to play it - all the games you liked are on that list. I've probably tried almost every game there, and there are a lot more like what you like, so try them...

Last edited by a moderator:

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
Since it sounds like you're looking at rpgmaker games, try Bonehead. He released a huge update for it fairly recently, and the art's pretty too.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one, that was really good I played it, I gave up though after I found a gamebreaking bug that made me lose all my progress qq...maybe I'll revisit it sometime but I'm still salty about it atm lol

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one, that was really good I played it, I gave up though after I found a gamebreaking bug that made me lose all my progress qq...maybe I'll revisit it sometime but I'm still salty about it atm lol

It does have a couple of those... Turns out Regless is porting the whole game to an engine that isn't so limited as RPGmaker. Or so the comments on recent blog posts say.

I noticed the hongfire thread posted is the one by MrTTAO. I also endorse that list; I've played through pretty much every game on there. As Hoboy mentioned, every game you noted is on that list. RPGmaker games are light downloads. May as well play through them and see what you like, and if you're on the fence about one, read his thoughts on it.

xyzabc198

May 4, 2016
It does have a couple of those... Turns out Regless is porting the whole game to an engine that isn't so limited as RPGmaker. Or so the comments on recent blog posts say.

I noticed the hongfire thread posted is the one by MrTTAO. I also endorse that list; I've played through pretty much every game on there. As Hoboy mentioned, every game you noted is on that list. RPGmaker games are light downloads. May as well play through them and see what you like, and if you're on the fence about one, read his thoughts on it.

Yeah I use that list regularly actually, like I said though, this wasn't really a post to find games but rather just to hear what peoples favourites are, it's always nice to get a feel for games others might think are really good that you might have missed

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
I will add that I really like Harem Collector - Overwhored only more funny and lighthearted. If you want a good story and gameplay then The Last Sovereign is probably one of the best out there - only no CGs. Excellent writing though. Invasion D is really good - may be gone now but what is there is many many hours of gameplay. Harem has both a light and dark path - and is being completely revamped from it's original already very good start.  Other than that try others and find what you like...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoboy

Mar 31, 2016
Oh - to add to this Noxian Nights has excellent art, and The Last Demon Hunter and Order of Light are two more that are promising - there are links to all in my posts on Mr TTao's thread (he hasn't gotten around to updating his thread with everything)...

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Yeah I use that list regularly actually, like I said though, this wasn't really a post to find games but rather just to hear what peoples favourites are, it's always nice to get a feel for games others might think are really good that you might have missed

Oh. Well, then.
• FSA (Fairy, Succubus, and the Abyss) is pretty cool. It starts cute, then it gets dark...real fast. Nice to see a game that doesn't fence on the choice of atmosphere. It's pretty fun too.
• Embric of Wolfhammer's Castle: Classic? Lots of endings. No real combat though.
• Bonehead; which I mentioned before. Beautiful art.
• Duality, Monstergirl Rancher and Zauber were really fun, but alas, dead games
• The Last Fucklord: Great humour, well fleshed out. Haven't played it in while though... I think the author changed its name?
• Lust Doll: Mostly a dress-up game right now. But it's got potential.

tbh, since I got Steam I haven't played much in the way of ero games.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
• Embric of Wolfhammer's Castle: Classic? Lots of endings. No real combat though.

• The Last Fucklord: Great humour, well fleshed out. Haven't played it in while though... I think the author changed its name?
• Lust Doll: Mostly a dress-up game right now. But it's got potential.

I would call Embric a more Ecchi game rather than Ero game, but that's my opinion.

The Last Fucklord changed it's name to The Last Sovereign about a year ago. It's one of the most addicting games I've played. Doesn't have cg though.

Lust Doll has a many more actions to perform now. So I wouldn't call it a Dress-Up game anymore.