[Implemented]Butt Bugs

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
I have a question about the attributes of the large worm offspring in the nursery. I have a human character with a set of wings but none of the children so far were born with wings. Is it decided by the characters race what attributes the children receive?
If it was coded and implemented as it was envisioned then your body parts determine the overall attributes or parts of your offspring. If you were bipedal they'd be bipedal. If you had wings they'd have wings. If you were bipedal and had wings then they'd just be the winged type since both are bipedal. If you were a taur or some other multi-legged thing then they should also be multi-legged to a degree close to a scorpion or a spider. I'm not sure how they prioritized the two attributes if you were a taur or other multi-legged and had wings as well but I'd think the taur takes over due to it being more common than the winged variety.

Perhaps your issue is that they coded a rarity thing in and even if you had wings your child would be much more likely to be just bipedal than be a winged.

I am that guy named Dick

Aug 21, 2018
If it was coded and implemented as it was envisioned then your body parts determine the overall attributes or parts of your offspring. If you were bipedal they'd be bipedal. If you had wings they'd have wings. If you were bipedal and had wings then they'd just be the winged type since both are bipedal. If you were a taur or some other multi-legged thing then they should also be multi-legged to a degree close to a scorpion or a spider. I'm not sure how they prioritized the two attributes if you were a taur or other multi-legged and had wings as well but I'd think the taur takes over due to it being more common than the winged variety.

Perhaps your issue is that they coded a rarity thing in and even if you had wings your child would be much more likely to be just bipedal than be a winged.
God dang coded rarity I think it cost me my winged child X(

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Suddenly I understand why this was on the code pile for so long.
The hybrids only have two variables each, their sex(male ,female, herm) and their overall body shape(biped, taur. winged). It's not like they'll be an insectoid clone of your Steele down to the length of your nipples. Assuming of course that the various hybrids were put in.
God dang coded rarity I think it cost me my winged child X(
Perhaps it did. I'm not certain. I haven't had much of a chance to test out my own stuff yet, and the only bugs, heh, I picked up was that you'd get twice the amount of offspring and that playing with your worm offspring got you infinite physique gains if you played the current public build. Which is also unfortunately the only version I have access to for the time being. I'll test things out further if I get the chance to see if they did put in the various types and sexes, but I think it'll be faster to get results from your own testing. That being said, if a rarity thing is implemented and they're not up to PC parts then it should be biped, taur, winged, in that order from common to rare.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Was the gestation period supposed to take 90 days regardless of Fertility speed modifiers?

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
Was the gestation period supposed to take 90 days regardless of Fertility speed modifiers?
Large female eggs do take three months, approximately 90 days. I thought the fertility speed mods only affected vaginal pregnancies so I wasn't bothered by it. If they should affect anal pregnancies too then a bug report would be the way to go.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
If they should affect anal pregnancies too then a bug report would be the way to go.
Yeah. As far as my experience goes with pregnancies in game, Fertility speed is the same regardless of anal or vaginal pregnancies.

But if it's in your design as the writer that it takes 90 days regardless that's okay too.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I have a question about the attributes of the large worm offspring in the nursery. I have a human character with a set of wings but none of the children so far were born with wings. Is it decided by the characters race what attributes the children receive?
Actually, the way I coded it was that if your original race had wings (i.e. half-gryvain), they would always produce children with wings. If your character started as a taur (i.e. half-leithan), they will always be tauric. This is so the genetic traits passed on via pregnancy would be consistent in the universe's canon (only original genetics from both parents are transferred not current appearance traits)--also because children data does not track specific cases for anatomy like legs or wings, only eye, skin/scale/fur/chitin/feather colors, so it would be simpler on the code to pick from the original stats instead of creating new variables in the child object. Having to track that would require more complexity to the child data object and would bloat saves for those with multiple hybrid children. I am unsure if this will change in the future but that is how it works for now.

Yeah. As far as my experience goes with pregnancies in game, Fertility speed is the same regardless of anal or vaginal pregnancies.

But if it's in your design as the writer that it takes 90 days regardless that's okay too.
Indeed, the butt bug pregnancies will default to their intended time period. My reasoning behind that was because the pregnancy was a parasitic one instead of one actually using the pregnancy stats. I did add a case where the character's pregnancy multipliers will affect the butt bug pregnancy, but left it disconnected until future expansion (like via a butt bug symbiosis perk).

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
are the size variants in the game? wondering if overproductive and the others are in or not, or if im wasting time looking for it in the save editor

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
are the size variants in the game? wondering if overproductive and the others are in or not, or if im wasting time looking for it in the save editor
All three are in, normal, overproductive and large.

Reactions: Crablord

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
it would be nice if there was a note of having the bug in the appearance tab
I'll be sure to include that in an x-pac if I get to that. Alternatively Jacques00 could be asked directly.

Vento

Mar 18, 2017
I'll be sure to include that in an x-pac if I get to that. Alternatively Jacques00 could be asked directly.

You actually already have a "Character Description Blurb" paragraph in the main document.

Character Description Blurb:

Inside your ass you are lugging around a{n} [{if BBFInside = 0: normal}{if BBFInside = 1: overproductive}{if BBFInside = 2: large}] female variant of the hilinara insectoid parasitic species. What looks like your own [pc.asshole] is actually one of her protruding orifices. She's merged with your nerves so what she feels will be directly transmitted to you, and she has sort of replaced all functions of your own rectum. You doubt that anyone except a trained medical professional would be able to remove her, or even tell that she was there.

However, it does not show up in game when checking the Character Appearance tab. Should we report it as a bug?

Reactions: Preacher

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
You actually already have a "Character Description Blurb" paragraph in the main document.

Character Description Blurb:

Inside your ass you are lugging around a{n} [{if BBFInside = 0: normal}{if BBFInside = 1: overproductive}{if BBFInside = 2: large}] female variant of the hilinara insectoid parasitic species. What looks like your own [pc.asshole] is actually one of her protruding orifices. She's merged with your nerves so what she feels will be directly transmitted to you, and she has sort of replaced all functions of your own rectum. You doubt that anyone except a trained medical professional would be able to remove her, or even tell that she was there.

However, it does not show up in game when checking the Character Appearance tab. Should we report it as a bug?
Wow, forgot that little detail. Please do if I don't get to it within a few hours. Unless it was missed I cannot imagine many reasons why it wasn't included. One being that they didn't want to, in which case I'm saddened. Second being that it might mess with the current description code, but skepticism is abound about how much it would mess with it if that was the case.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
After an indeterminate amount of time I've finally birthed enough hybrids to unlock the 10+ hybrids conversation.

Yeesh.

Reactions: Preacher

Vento

Mar 18, 2017
Wow, forgot that little detail. Please do if I don't get to it within a few hours. Unless it was missed I cannot imagine many reasons why it wasn't included. One being that they didn't want to, in which case I'm saddened. Second being that it might mess with the current description code, but skepticism is abound about how much it would mess with it if that was the case.

I think the most likely scenario is that it got overlooked when the document was coded. I'll check in later and submit a bug report if needed.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Uh, call me crazy, but im looking through the doc, and in the scene where the one female forces another out ( for further context, the one already inside was orange, and one invading was green), I dont see any explicit mention of your current tenant actually being evicted. In fact, after I checked my medical stats, Its still listed me being host to the first female. Its like nothing had changed.

Also, the end paragraph seemed to be the one that you get when a bug fails to enter you. Ill post some pics or something to show ya what i mean...

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
One last thing. A nitpick, mostly. But maybe make it a bit more clear as to which bug beats which in a brawl? Its a bit confusing the way its stated in the codex entry. That may have just been me, though. Whatever. Just a thought.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Yeah, the whole territory battle thing seems to be broken. I did it again, this time with a beige aggressor and an orange defender, and it was pretty much the same. No visible changes at all. And despite orange supposed to win against beige, orange still lost.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
One last thing. A nitpick, mostly. But maybe make it a bit more clear as to which bug beats which in a brawl? Its a bit confusing the way its stated in the codex entry. That may have just been me, though. Whatever. Just a thought.
Well there is this section in the doc that explains the losses/successes of invading females in hard numbers. 0 is beige, 1 is green, 2 is orange:

[invasion success determiner:
{if defendingFemale = 0 && invadingFemale = 0: set invasionSuccess to true}
{if defendingFemale = 0 && invadingFemale = 1: set invasionSuccess to false}
{if defendingFemale = 0 && invadingFemale = 2: set invasionSuccess to true}
{if defendingFemale = 1 && invadingFemale = 0: set invasionSuccess to true}
{if defendingFemale = 1 && invadingFemale = 1: set invasionSuccess to true}
{if defendingFemale = 1 && invadingFemale = 2: set invasionSuccess to false}
{if defendingFemale = 2 && invadingFemale = 0: set invasionSuccess to false}
{if defendingFemale = 2 && invadingFemale = 1: set invasionSuccess to true}
{if defendingFemale = 2 && invadingFemale = 2: set invasionSuccess to true}
]

I don't know how true to that Jacques00 coded it though. To simplify that block, beige females are beaten by beige females and orange females but not green ones. Green ones are beaten by beige and green ones but not orange ones. Orange ones are beaten by green and orange ones but not beige ones. If things aren't working out then a bug report may be needed.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Roger that.

Oi, @Jacques00 , mind looking into this?
That should be correct. If the types match, the invading one should always win; otherwise, the beige invader should beat the green, the green invader should beat the orange, and the orange invader should beat the beige. (Note that beige is 0, green is 1, and orange is 2.) The only exception is if the invader is orange and is larger than Steele's anal capacity (capacity at 60 or less), the result will always fail.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
That should be correct. If the types match, the invading one should always win; otherwise, the beige invader should beat the green, the green invader should beat the orange, and the orange invader should beat the beige. (Note that beige is 0, green is 1, and orange is 2.) The only exception is if the invader is orange and is larger than Steele's anal capacity (capacity at 60 or less), the result will always fail.
I'm sorry, but I'm an idiot. So is it working as intended, or is it fucked up?

TheDwarf

Mar 15, 2018
I read the warning blurb at entrance to Tarkus zone.
Made my butt pucker tightly enough to crack walnuts or make diamonds.
Well done, kemosabe.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
Yes working as intended unless there is a specific issue you are referring to.
What about that last paragraph that I posted a screenshot of? It makes it seem like something went wrong and you ended up with no bugs in your but. Is that supposed to be there? Or am I just nuts?

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
What about that last paragraph that I posted a screenshot of? It makes it seem like something went wrong and you ended up with no bugs in your but. Is that supposed to be there? Or am I just nuts?
I'm looking over the code and I am unsure how you've gotten that. The success should follow this logic:
  • Success starts off as false.
  • If the character does not already have a bug or both the bugs match, success changes to true.
  • If the invading bug is the orange type (2) and it fits the anal capacity, success changes to true, otherwise success changes to false.
After that first check, the secondary logic is as follows:
  • If no previous bug, go to the success/fail ending. If fail and the invader is the orange type, it will mention the capacity.
  • If there is a previous bug, success will change to true or false depending on combination, then go to the success/fail ending.
It seems your character ends at a fail with no previous bug, and no mention of the invading bug being orange and not being able to fit, but that shouldn't happen following the logic. Did your character have a previous bug and is there a bug attached after that scene had passed?

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
I'm looking over the code and I am unsure how you've gotten that. The success should follow this logic:
  • Success starts off as false.
  • If the character does not already have a bug or both the bugs match, success changes to true.
  • If the invading bug is the orange type (2) and it fits the anal capacity, success changes to true, otherwise success changes to false.
After that first check, the secondary logic is as follows:
  • If no previous bug, go to the success/fail ending. If fail and the invader is the orange type, it will mention the capacity.
  • If there is a previous bug, success will change to true or false depending on combination, then go to the success/fail ending.
It seems your character ends at a fail with no previous bug, and no mention of the invading bug being orange and not being able to fit, but that shouldn't happen following the logic. Did your character have a previous bug and is there a bug attached after that scene had passed?
Yes, when I started the scene, my character had an orange butt bug already inside. And then, I fought and try to do it with a green one. Yadda yadda yadda, and the end result... still have the orange one! Even though the green one is supposed to beat orange.

And then theres that last paragraph, which I have no idea how that happened.

Reactions: dav556