[Implemented]Butt Bugs

Discussion in 'Event Submissions' started by Preacher, Feb 28, 2017.

1. I am that guy named Dick

I have a question about the attributes of the large worm offspring in the nursery. I have a human character with a set of wings but none of the children so far were born with wings. Is it decided by the characters race what attributes the children receive?

2. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

If it was coded and implemented as it was envisioned then your body parts determine the overall attributes or parts of your offspring. If you were bipedal they'd be bipedal. If you had wings they'd have wings. If you were bipedal and had wings then they'd just be the winged type since both are bipedal. If you were a taur or some other multi-legged thing then they should also be multi-legged to a degree close to a scorpion or a spider. I'm not sure how they prioritized the two attributes if you were a taur or other multi-legged and had wings as well but I'd think the taur takes over due to it being more common than the winged variety.

Perhaps your issue is that they coded a rarity thing in and even if you had wings your child would be much more likely to be just bipedal than be a winged.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. null_blank

null_blank Well-Known Member

Suddenly I understand why this was on the code pile for so long.

ShySquare likes this.
  4. I am that guy named Dick

God dang coded rarity I think it cost me my winged child X(

5. Preacher

The hybrids only have two variables each, their sex(male ,female, herm) and their overall body shape(biped, taur. winged). It's not like they'll be an insectoid clone of your Steele down to the length of your nipples. Assuming of course that the various hybrids were put in.
    Perhaps it did. I'm not certain. I haven't had much of a chance to test out my own stuff yet, and the only bugs, heh, I picked up was that you'd get twice the amount of offspring and that playing with your worm offspring got you infinite physique gains if you played the current public build. Which is also unfortunately the only version I have access to for the time being. I'll test things out further if I get the chance to see if they did put in the various types and sexes, but I think it'll be faster to get results from your own testing. That being said, if a rarity thing is implemented and they're not up to PC parts then it should be biped, taur, winged, in that order from common to rare.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. null_blank

Was the gestation period supposed to take 90 days regardless of Fertility speed modifiers?

7. Preacher

Large female eggs do take three months, approximately 90 days. I thought the fertility speed mods only affected vaginal pregnancies so I wasn't bothered by it. If they should affect anal pregnancies too then a bug report would be the way to go.

8. null_blank

Yeah. As far as my experience goes with pregnancies in game, Fertility speed is the same regardless of anal or vaginal pregnancies.

But if it's in your design as the writer that it takes 90 days regardless that's okay too.

9. Jacques00

Jacques00 Well-Known Member

Actually, the way I coded it was that if your original race had wings (i.e. half-gryvain), they would always produce children with wings. If your character started as a taur (i.e. half-leithan), they will always be tauric. This is so the genetic traits passed on via pregnancy would be consistent in the universe's canon (only original genetics from both parents are transferred not current appearance traits)--also because children data does not track specific cases for anatomy like legs or wings, only eye, skin/scale/fur/chitin/feather colors, so it would be simpler on the code to pick from the original stats instead of creating new variables in the child object. Having to track that would require more complexity to the child data object and would bloat saves for those with multiple hybrid children. I am unsure if this will change in the future but that is how it works for now.

Indeed, the butt bug pregnancies will default to their intended time period. My reasoning behind that was because the pregnancy was a parasitic one instead of one actually using the pregnancy stats. I did add a case where the character's pregnancy multipliers will affect the butt bug pregnancy, but left it disconnected until future expansion (like via a butt bug symbiosis perk).

Jongeedubs, Preacher and null_blank like this.
  10. noscope god

noscope god Well-Known Member

are the size variants in the game? wondering if overproductive and the others are in or not, or if im wasting time looking for it in the save editor

11. Preacher

All three are in, normal, overproductive and large.

noscope god likes this.