If CoC2 was real what God or Godess would you serve/follow?

Lone Wolf115

I will let you know that none is a option.
Everyone's favorite Demonness is a option as well.
Instead of Keros I would choose Tira godess of death and time, to be honest I'm not sure the others really don't speak to me like Keros or Tira does. My race would be Lupine obviously, gender definitely not the one I am now.
Role: Palladian.

Last edited:

Lone Wolf115

Eh, really not anyone. Everyone has their cons and pros. But if I was forced to it would be Velun. But that is because he seems least dickish and sexually focused. out of 7.
Well no one is an option. Why forced?

Lumia or Nareva.
I figured that Lumia would be one option for you.

Reactions: Burnerbro

Lone Wolf115

Last edited:
Reactions: Burnerbro

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
I think I'm stuck between Mallach- more for the 'art music and passion' part, rather than the obvious sex aspect. I doubt I'd make it as one of his priest/priestesses though.
The other option would be Sorra; flight, freedom, and the sky sounds rather appealing. But I'd want them to get some informative content in game before I made a decision :V

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

GEESE

Sep 27, 2018
I feel like its a bit of insider trading if the game head shows their preference on a particular god or goddess XP

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I mean Savin is the one writering her perma TF iirc so, its as much Bias as if ?Gareford? would for luminas.(god I hope im actually rememebring it right)

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
If it's the gods themselves, I would probably just try to avoid them as much as possible. Super powerful beings who all have some sort of thing or things that they're all about? Sounds like a lot of trouble, and even serious danger. We know almost nothing about most of them, but the one we know the most about (Keros) sounds like a fucking public menace.

But given that these are seemingly organized religions, there might be some benefits to keeping good relations with certain of these factions. Mallach's in particular sounds like it would be pleasant.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Nareva obviously. She's a lonely dork and a gothic snake. With the big titties.

I'd also be willing to worship Velun. If worship in this case means selling myself to a local dryad domme and perpetuate the cycle of existence.

AdelSAD

May 10, 2021
Given that there are ghosts and real souls in the game, choosing a Patron God is a very serious matter. What awaits the inhabitants of Savarra after death? Nothing? An eternal rest within the Dream for those who served their Patron God in life? Or the local equivalent of the Wall of the Faithless of the Forgotten Realms for those who in their lifetime never chose their Patron God or were unworthy of them? Or does everyone after death go to Hades, the realm of the dead? Or do the gods simply devour the souls of the dead?

That aside, I prefer Nareva because of her patronage of scientists. However, Order Astrida is of deep concern to me. The codex states that they hunt "evil" sorcerers, not criminals. And this quote from the codex: "Some heretics whisper that perhaps the Astrida are partially responsible for the academic world's agonizingly slow recovery from the Godswar's devastation - that they intentionally are keeping scholars and mages held back. Such deviant thought is quickly quashed by the legendary persuasive skill of Nareva's clergy, however" makes me fear that Order Astrida is just a fancy word for the Inquisition.

Blueboy

Dec 7, 2020
The current ones out all seem full of themselves so I'll choose Mallach cause he does not have the need to have complete control over everything. Still wants to spread his ideas like Lumia albeit a lot less forcefully. It's like choosing what Dhall company you want to lay in bed with in TITS, no good choices.

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
Given that there are ghosts and real souls in the game, choosing a Patron God is a very serious matter. What awaits the inhabitants of Savarra after death? Nothing? An eternal rest within the Dream for those who served their Patron God in life? Or the local equivalent of the Wall of the Faithless of the Forgotten Realms for those who in their lifetime never chose their Patron God or were unworthy of them? Or does everyone after death go to Hades, the realm of the dead? Or do the gods simply devour the souls of the dead?

That aside, I prefer Nareva because of her patronage of scientists. However, Order Astrida is of deep concern to me. The codex states that they hunt "evil" sorcerers, not criminals. And this quote from the codex: "Some heretics whisper that perhaps the Astrida are partially responsible for the academic world's agonizingly slow recovery from the Godswar's devastation - that they intentionally are keeping scholars and mages held back. Such deviant thought is quickly quashed by the legendary persuasive skill of Nareva's clergy, however" makes me fear that Order Astrida is just a fancy word for the Inquisition.

Well that's a tough one.

The only thing we know about souls is that they hold people in their natural forms, both physically and mentally. We have zero idea what happens to it when a creature dies, just that it's not there anymore. It might very well simply cease to exist when the person dies. Anything beyond that is pure speculation. We know that creatures who die leave an echo of themselves, a "spirit". But it's not them.

Because this is a world with powerful forces that we do not comprehend, the possibility of an afterlife is higher, but still very low. There would not be any reason for anyone to believe in an afterlife, much less that the powerful beings known as gods would have anything to do with it if there were.

We know nothing.

Any large organization is eventually going to have sects, and usually they can end up believing pretty much anything. Oddly, here, the likelihood is much smaller because people aren't just acting based on their own interpretations of whatever texts survived and were translated from earlier times when people just made up a bunch of stuff to explain a world that they didn't understand. Here, there genuinely are powerful beings who can actively tell their followers what they stand for. If there's an Inquisition, either Nareva ordered it or isn't stopping it.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I mean I choose Keros because while being known as the trickster he still doesnt go out of his way to only acknowledge the priests and kings/queens of those who follow them like most when even a farmer has a chance to see and talk to there patron deity is something to respect.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
Hmm.

Tira: Nihara made a good impression on me. The idea that people have an appointed time, and anything that would bring this on prematurely or pervert their eternal rest is bad and must be stabbed repeatedly.
Lumia: I'm iffy about all the crusades, but I do generally like the cut of her jib. Righting wrongs with one hand and protecting and preserving with the other.
Mallach: I do like the Temple of Mallach we can build, and particularly the things like every acolyte learns midwiving and anyone can get a bath free of charge. I'm not sure if Mallach is a lot of use when the barbarians are at the gates though.
Keros: He's very active and involved in his community, which is good. Like to see a deity rolling up their sleeves. He seems very kitsune specific though, like I want to see how his worship is practised when you don't have fluffy tails.
Sorra: I do like the anti-slavery thing, but too chaotic for my blood. Also worried I'd end up in a blood war with her other followers.
Velun: Looking for someone a bit more interventionist - nature may be cruel and vicious, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try and interfere.
Nareva: Knowledge hidden away from everyone except the most determined and intelligent scholars does precisely jack shit for the wider community. Not my thing.

So yeah, Tira or Lumia most likely.

UndyingRevenant

Feb 23, 2021
I mean I choose Keros because while being known as the trickster he still doesnt go out of his way to only acknowledge the priests and kings/queens of those who follow them like most when even a farmer has a chance to see and talk to there patron deity is something to respect.
Out of the godsTM we've seen and experienced so far, Keros does seem to be more of a classical "father"-esque type. Biggest problem with all of them is that they've taken different roles and attitudes over time, and have infighting instead of getting stuff done, or having serious emergency plans they'd cooperate in, like the winter palace. Complete universal threats should be dealt with as a group of all of them at once to minimize risk of having even one lost, and that drop in power risking the entire dimension. Keros at least seems to be protective of his people, to a extent, but he sometimes seems a bit too lax and interested in chaos happening for the fun of it, which either amounts to playing a minor prank then giving you 500 dollars, or possibly waiting to see if a nuke blowing up would be cool or not. kitsune as a whole needing to feed off people and making sure that they pay something so people don't just unanimously knight templar, that's acceptable, but eh. Out of the ones shown so far Keros does seem the most reliable, and very easy to believe in since nearly anyone can personally encounter him, but most of them seem kinda off. Less immortals with forbidden knowledge and more of different varieties of kids, with one each metaphorically dissecting a frog to see what's inside, stabbing whoever gets near the frog, holding it because it feels good, keeping it frozen as a pet in a box because it's rare, etc. the ideal would either be them forming a "justice league" type team or being removed and replaced with a single entity with no restrictions. at least one of the bad ends hints at a possibility of a certain someone doing just that, but even removing the difficulty in wiping out several gods and taking their powers, and the cultural effects, someone would essentially have to lose their entire individuality to carry that weight, to be able to help everyone without favorites, or having regrets influence decisions. if a new power were to try to help people while being allied with all the gods, it would probably just lead to further infighting, so all round just kinda f'ed. you wind up with a even more powerful soulless husk, which could lead to it's own problems down the road, or someone eating grapes on the porch until someone steps on their property.