If CoC2 was real what God or Godess would you serve/follow?

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
Hey I'm not gonna try to convince you away from this little theory but please don't act like it's a fact or anything remotely approaching it until we have some actual ingame confirmation.

Well, the little tidbit about Calise's dialogue changing according to the champ being on Kas' romance path is true, it's in the source code.

BUT, I admit it could be a nasty red herring/misdirection on the dev's part to keep us on our toes.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
BUT, I admit it could be a nasty red herring/misdirection on the dev's part to keep us on our toes.

That is very likely in my opinion. Though is there anything implying that using holy magic is off limits to demons? If not then it could be a coincidence or just meant to change things up with a demon's stats.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
That is very likely in my opinion. Though is there anything implying that using holy magic is off limits to demons? If not then it could be a coincidence or just meant to change things up with a demon's stats.
Well, aside from someone gaining Holy magic before being demonized, I fail to see how a demon could be granted such powers.

Unless they made use of a handy tome for learning the power. World + dog can possibly do that.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
The Seven as a pantheon not featuring the god of alcohol and/or of getting wasted is noticeable, tho. I imagine in most cultures around Savarra these aspects get lumped into one of the other gods' divine portfolio, but it is still a shame that we don't get a chill drunk guy like Dionysus or Pathfinder's best god - Cayden Cailean.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
The Seven as a pantheon not featuring the god of alcohol and/or of getting wasted is noticeable, tho. I imagine in most cultures around Savarra these aspects get lumped into one of the other gods' divine portfolio, but it is still a shame that we don't get a chill drunk guy like Dionysus or Pathfinder's best god - Cayden Cailean.

That probably falls under Mallach, going by his Dream Party House.

MeiLan

May 15, 2019
I like Tira as a concept, a bit of optimistic Nihilism does wonders for the soul and your mental wellbeing, nothing matters so live your life to the fullest and help others do the same. this is a concept that i personally subscribe to.
so yeah being Tiran is probably what i would be if coc2 were a real thing.

Alliebutt

Mar 5, 2021
I'd likely be a kerosite, and it's absolutely true that he's a very divisive god for most players. But fuck, I'd want to find a way to win his favor if only in hopes of him turning me into a kitsune. Well, the kitsune part is entirely optional to be honest, but I'd just want him to give me the body that I desire. That would likely be an expensive deal to strike with the whole law of equivalent exchange, but so be it. I'd doubt that alchemy would be able to do the amount of work I'd want, at least not without it being ungodly expensive in mortal currency. As a trans person (which in and of itself is a... topic that in-universe doesn't seem to be treated nearly the same way as it is in our world when seeing them as a fetish isn't on the table) I'd give just about anything to be who I really should've been. Fluff would just be an added benefit for me personally, but one I'd totally want given the chance. As I said that wouldn't be cheap, and would more than likely land me in a position which would take away some degree of freedom of choice in terms of life-goals, but yeah it would still be a sacrifice worth making for me. And I doubt any of the other gods would be as down for making a deal as he is, due to how he's more involved with his followers.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
For me it's hard to choose. I'm torn between Tira and Mallach. To quote @MeiLan

I like Tira as a concept, a bit of optimistic Nihilism does wonders for the soul and your mental wellbeing, nothing matters so live your life to the fullest and help others do the same. this is a concept that i personally subscribe to.
so yeah being Tiran is probably what i would be if coc2 were a real thing.
That is exactly what I would like as well.

But Mallach resonates with me on a different level. Not even the sex and artistry part, but that the Mallach faith is basically healthcare and welfare super plus. If I remember Cait's dialogue correctly, the temple would feed people, offer baths, clothes, mental healthcare, as well as sexual and non sexual companionship for free. Money comes mostly from donations and the only people paying for the services are those who can actually afford it.

Helping the poor and weak is a task alot of temples tend to and this could also be part of the Tiran aspect of helping others to live life to their fullest extend. But I think that Mallachs followers go the extra mile.

If I would be a traveller or adventure, maybe even Mercenary or soldier, I would worship Tira. When dangers, serious injuries or even death could be around every corner, then the Tiran mindset sounds very comforting.

But if I would permanently live in a big city, Mallach is the way to go, as I think that they do more for the general well being of the people.

Last edited:

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
For me it's hard to choose. I'm torn between Tira and Mallach. To quote @MeiLan

That is exactly what I would like as well.

But Mallach resonates with me on a different level. Not even the sex and artistry part, but that the Mallach faith is basically healthcare and welfare super plus. If I remember Cait's dialogue correctly, the temple would feed people, offer baths, clothes, mental healthcare, as well as sexual and non sexual companionship for free. Money comes mostly from donations and the only people paying for the services are those who can actually afford it.

Helping the poor and weak is a task alot of temples tend to and this could also be part of the Tiran aspect of helping others to live life to their fullest extend. But I think that Mallachs followers go the extra mile.

If I would be a traveller or adventure, maybe even Mercenary or soldier, I would worship Tira. When dangers, serious injuries or even death could be around every corner, then the Tiran mindset sounds very comforting.

But if I would permanently live in a big city, Mallach is the way to go, as I think that they do more for the general well being of the people.

They don't. Only the bath and sleeping in the courtyard is free -- services that largely have a fixed cost with small additional overhead scaling with number of users. Everything else is paid for.

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
They don't. Only the bath and sleeping in the courtyard is free -- services that largely have a fixed cost with small additional overhead scaling with number of users. Everything else is paid for.
Thanks for the correction. Tira it is then.

Orange Juice Jones

Jul 21, 2017
Which one would I serve? I dunno, which one of them has the biggest dick?

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
He is the god of the trees, hes gotta have a literal tree trunk of a cock.