Ice Palace Thread [SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY]

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Lean over here so I can hit you for that horrible pun. :p

But seriously, when the person who can release Ryn from the cage is in the Winter City and kicking her elf-y ass was the whole point of going there... yeah, wasn't expecting to be blue-balled in that way. Especially since I had read Ryn's design doc (or most of it at least) including seeing how she was supposed to get the cage off then. Didn't read the dungeon doc because I wanted to be surprised. And boy was I.

I mean I'm not complaining about being blue-balled like this because it means more Ryn content in the future but I can't help but be a bit disappointed in having to wait more for Ryn's Royal Sceptre. xD
ngl the pun was the reason I said that, because tbh I try to avoid predicting stories too much but I was thinking about what was in the design doc too before WC doc dropped

Fleep

Oct 24, 2018
Okay so I just finished the Winter City, and I gotta say It's great.

Every scene with Kasyrra is perfect, from the portal scene where we can see her "humanity" shine worrying about her daughters, to the hot as fuck sex scenes, not forgetting that chilling moment when you two fight side by side.

Then we have the also hot as fuck guard Captain and her bad end. Such a great bad end. I hope we get the chance to have more scenes of her domming because that girl is... damn.

The combats have also been great. Challenging enough (Alissa may even be TOO challenging for my thief) and the writing has also been great.

My only gripe is with Alissa herself. As a character I think she's great and all, but I guess it's not what I was expecting kink-wise. I was hoping for a evil bitch who would cage me alongside Ryn and make us cum just with the thought of eating her out. A mean domme who gets her rocks off by humiliating other, as rewarding the title of Duchess of the Rim to her caged sister would imply. (Maybe now in her new form)

I don't mean to say this Alissa is bad or anything. As I said, writing wise I think she is great, but kinkwise she was just not what I was expecting her to be.

Last edited:

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
The combats have also been great. Challenging enough (Alissa may even be TOO challenging for my thief) and the writing has also been great.
When in doubt, press Q...er, spam ults. With Alissa's fight, even if you don't bring much resolve or magic damage to the palace, manual control and a shitload of direct damage in a very short amount of time will work okay.
My only gripe is with Alissa herself. As a character I think she's great and all, but I guess it's not what I was expecting kink-wise. I was hoping for a evil bitch who would cage my alongside Ryn and make us cum just with the thought of eating her out. A mean domme who gets her rocks off by humiliating other, as rewarding the title of Duchess of the Rim to her caged sister would imply. (Maybe now in her new form)

I don't mean to say this Alissa is bad or anything. As I said, writing wise I think she is great, but kinkwise she was just not what I was expecting her to be.
I mean, Ryn does call her a "bully". That implies an awful lot, and not all of it is "big scary domme".

Plus, by the time of the WC, she's had the emotional shock of Etheryn's escape (and given all that we know about her fucked up relationship with her sister, that's a big deal), she's hopped up on demon juice, and she's expecting.

She may end up a bit more like you expect in her demon form. Or, y'know, maybe Kas is right and she won't.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
She may end up a bit more like you expect in her demon form. Or, y'know, maybe Kas is right and she won't.
Based on the fact that there's artwork of her with a giant horsecock, I'm guessing that post-WC Alissa is gonna be much more dommy... at least until we kick her ass again and do whatever we need to get Ryn's cage unlocked. But I'm kinda expecting a Bad End scene whenever she reappears where she does humiliate the Champion and Ryn before, after and while fucking them sideways.

Please?

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Well, it's not like she's really using that soul anyways... but I'm sensing an opportunity for a couple of my Champions to come down with a nasty case of moral dilemmas over this.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Yeah, last we see of it is in Kas' hands. Whether it stays there is another question, since she doesn't seem to mind giving them away when it amuses her. She even gives the Champion's back to them in the wayfort bad end. Given her evident disdain for Alissa before and after her transformation, I could see Kas handing her back her soul on the basis of 'Not worth the effort of consuming'.

But as the WC expansion demonstrated, I probably shouldn't assume things where Alissa is concerned because I'll probably be wrong. :p

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Welll.... Considering the talk with Evergreen and her fall to demonhood there's really only one way I see that cage coming off...
By icing the bitch to undo the soul forge :p
Something like that is certainly a possibility. Evergreen also suggests that brute-forcing it would take the power of one of the Seven.

I mean, Ryn's dick has already directly caused a reign of terror and a coup d'etat. Might as well add divine intervention to that list. Fuck Kleopatra's nose, Pascal, this is some real macrohistorical causation right here.

VynalDerp

Jun 26, 2019
For something the poor girl has never actually used, her penis is mighty enough to make thrones tremble. Hopefully one day it will make the Champion's body tremble too...
I am going to be upset if we can't grow her dick size after it comes off, kind of like you can with her breast and ass size.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
I'm pretty much convinced at this point that Savin is just going to keep blue balling us, harvesting the salt after each instance to build a stockpile of nutrition for Tobs to subsist on when insufficient quantities are being produced by the fanbase.

Savin and The Observer wouldn't GRR Martin us... would they?

I am going to be upset if we can't grow her dick size after it comes off, kind of like you can with her breast and ass size.

Probably. Ryn getting a big fat elven sausage is something that Savin has expressed interest in.

Ossa

Sep 6, 2018
Belated on this, but I figure it's probably the best place to ask.

I currently play a level 3 Champion, working my way towards the Winter City content; before that, I intend to do all other content. The side quests, the convocation, so on. I like to do things in a 'chronological' order, sue me. I also like to do things in a way that makes the most narrative sense, which is why I'm asking about this.

With the content I have done, will I get the 'distracted' Kasyrra wherein she accidentally spawns a Wraith and forces Lumia to step in? To sum up;

-In the tutorial, I defied Kasyrra and did not sleep with her, earning her interest and a couple of compliments in so doing.
-At the Wayfort, I once more did not bed her, leading to her giving me her gift and commenting that perhaps she has forgotten the difference between love and lust, implying she has developed this for the Champion or is in the process of doing so.
-In the following dream, I did not attack her and instead talked with her, though I neglected to lay my head in her lap. She notes she has no talked in such a way with anybody for a long time. I managed to resist the urge to bed her, thus defying her once more.
-I have experienced the Halloween event, wherein I 'went along with it', referred to her as beautiful and in so doing caused her to blush, and cuddled with her to sleep, again without sex.
-If it matters, I have also had the meat medley dream.

So, as far as I am aware, I have had all of the pre- Winter City Kasyrra content. With that collection, will I get the Kasyrra I seek, or will her summoning go off without a hitch? Simply put, am I going to need to start my save from scratch?

Ordinarily I would not ask, but again, I like things to make narrative sense in 'my' world. The way I've done things so far, the aim I've been going for is a sort of 'neutral' ground with her wherein we are enemies, but developing feelings for one another that conflict with her lust-demon nature. The dialogue she has given thus far heavily indicates that this is indeed happening, with her uncertain of her feelings about the champion as highlighted above.

But, from what I have read earlier in the thread, it seems like to get her distracted you need to actually bed her several times, which seems...odd to me - how would giving her what she wants end up with her distracted and conflicted? - but I digress. So, I'm unsure if my choices thus far will get the result I wanted, thus why I'm asking now.

So, what's the verdict? Do I get my byronic romance buildup with this selection?

Ossa

Sep 6, 2018
Well, that's annoying, but good to know. Guess I'll just have to miss out. Is there a particular lore drop relevant to that, or is it just a case of getting to watch a (sort of) goddess smite some stuff? Guess it also means there's no back-to-back badasses with her, too.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
It does change the way the entire second half of the dungeon plays out, changes what fights you get to encounter, and determines some stuff about Wraith-chan and the number of Dragon Generals running around.

VynalDerp

Jun 26, 2019

She doesn't get distracted due to conflciting feelings. It's due to her... passion for you, I suppose? Lumia walking in was interesting, though.

edit: put it as a spoiler in case you want an idea as to what the scene is without a new save.

Forget Me Knot

Nov 14, 2018
Through the Looking Glass
It's been two days since I played through the Winter City dungeon and I STILL cannot stop thinking about it. The fact that you can not only have a back-to-back badasses moment with Kas but also make love to her in the queen's chambers soon afterward was just so !! My heart has never felt so full! I hope that there's a chance of marrying Kas if you're on her romance path. <3

Zandar

Aug 31, 2015
I would like to get through the dungeon with as little spoilers as possible before I do so, so I haven't looked at hardly any of this thread. I am writing this message here because I feel like it would be unnecessary and unwanted for me to make a new thread to ask my question.

All that being said, for completeing the dungeon, is Hethia any good? I have been walking straight through all fights for a while now, and then I get to the winter palace and I have a 1/10 chance of beating the guard and her warg when I had Brienne and Etheryn with me. I understand that if you bring 2 other companions, Etheryn comes along anyway, and if Etheryn is one of your 2 companions Hethia joins, but is it worth trying to bring her? Clearly I will be missing out on a significant amount of content with her not being there, but like I said I got shit on out of nowhere by literally the first enemy outside of the dungeon.

Basically I'm asking if I (armor tank) can beat it with Cait. Etheryn, and Hethia, or will I get fucked and I should bring Cait and Brienne (which is my go too)+ Etheryn.

Also I knew we were getting White Mage Etheryn for a while now and am happy that I am not shoehorned into bringing Cait with me if i want to win difficult fights... I still probably will bring her everywhere... but its nice to have options.

DaisukeKaiser

Apr 23, 2020
From what I've seen Hethia is decent enough, you just gotta plan out how you do the fights most enemies in WC are corrupted so... Well I'm sure you know which element works on them best. Also keep in mind that the dungeon was made with lvl 5 players in mind, so if you're not may wanna grind some but that's your choice. What else.. Uhm for my first run through I brought Cait, Etheryn(Turned her into a healer) and Hethia granted I was a warrior so I could tank most of the hits, and haven't had the time to look into the others yet but still, if you yourself can't tank the damage you'll need either Brint/Brienne or Atugia to do it for you.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
You should have no problems beating the dungeon with that setup; it's pretty much how my Warrior champion went in (gear mainly focused on Armor, stats distributed mainly to Strength and Presence) and I didn't have any problems.

For Hethia, I've run the dungeon with her as my fourth party member in all my attempts except my White Mage (who mugged her for her bow) my female Thief (who avoided recruiting Ryn to see how things would change) and never had any problems with her or felt I should have brought someone else along for the ride gameplay-wise.

One thing to bear in mind is that you can't control Ryn as a guest character even in full manual mode, which means that Aurora Arrow isn't going to be available to you because Ultimates are just programmed that way. It's almost worth having Hethia as your fourth member just so you can let Ryn cut loose with that skill at the appropriate moment and feel good about yourself. :D

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Took me some trial-and-erroring, and definitely made me Manual Control everything to cut the rng, but this dungeon was probably the funnest challenge I’ve had so far with my Level 5 Black Mage. Jae’lyn was pretty awesome off the bat and gave a good taste of things to come. I hope we have her appear post-WC soon because I want her and Ryn to have a more proper reunion that may or may not involve us getting in a threesome and maybe we can see more of the real her as we heal her from corruption.

Elthara was VERY hit and miss to beat physically for me since I’m just a wimpy mage with a stun and only brought Cait and Ryn with me, but my tease build consistently worked like magic (I have not ditched my Aphrodisiac Whip and Rosebloom Shield since the Hornet Dungeon, lol).

Alissa was....definitely a bitch physically for the most part, but using Ryn’s Aurora Arrow cuts her down VERY fast. She’s definitely super tanky if you don’t have your special saved, that’s for sure.

And the moment I was hyped for: Meeting Kas again. I of course had to give her a hug, even if my friends are going WTF (it’s complicated, guys, okay?) and was VERY pleasantly surprised by being able to fight side-by-side with her against the Wraith (guess they are still relevant outside of <Redacted for anyone who hasn’t touched CoM>! :p). And then if course, got to have some victory sex with my favorite demon waifu, though I am a tad disappointed that the one demonic tf is eyes again just like for Halloween. I mean, I’m happy this means I can get the demonic eyes anytime now in future plays, but mildly annoyed because I already have them.

Lumia showing up to save our asses was also awesome and makes me so glad I naturally took the Kas Romance Route. I hope we’ll see her again soon.

That reminds me, no demonic tf items dropped and there does not seem to be any tfs period aside from the eyes, so what’s the current status on that? I definitely wouldn’t mind further (canon) Kasyrra-induced TFs, but I am also pretty bummed out at the fact we didn’t get them with WC as promised since that was the other thing I was excited for. :( Though, after reading the Codex, seeing as how it’s canon demonic forms can vary by a lot and certain parts stay true to the original form, does this mean the new transformative/transformation will allow for more freedom in what counts towards being a demon? :0

But at least I got to see my Beloved Ryn tell off her abusive bitch of a sister! <3 Shame Alissa got away AND incidentally her demon form is similar to my design for Shura’s *salty floof demon noises in a corner* but I hope we can finally beat the shit out of her permanently soon enough. >.>

If there’s one mild nitpick I have to make, it’s for the basement scene where you get the healer set for Ryn. I was a derp and didn’t think to check out the stairs at the entrance until after I already beat Alissa and banged Kas. It was still having PC be confused as to why Alissa would prepare a wedding garb for Ryn even though we got the revelation earlier from Kas. I would suggest factoring in dummies like me and having a parser for whether we got in before or after beating the dungeon. :p

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There actually is a check for that, if you've already cleared the dungeon before getting the gear there's an added line where the Champion will reflect that it might have been for that reason, given the intimate but involuntary relationship the sisters had. I assume the way it's played as 'we may never know for sure' regardless of whether or not you see the Alissa talk option is meant to be a case of 'Are we really gonna trust what the demon told us?' sort of thing. Not that I think Kas was lying but I could see the characters taking it that way.

...at least until the inevitable rematch, hopefully. Given that a teaser doc for an unrelated bit of future content indicates that there's plans for at least some scene variations based on companion gear, I'm hoping that when Alissa is met again there will be an acknowledgment if Ryn's wearing the dress.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
There actually is a check for that, if you've already cleared the dungeon before getting the gear there's an added line where the Champion will reflect that it might have been for that reason, given the intimate but involuntary relationship the sisters had. I assume the way it's played as 'we may never know for sure' regardless of whether or not you see the Alissa talk option is meant to be a case of 'Are we really gonna trust what the demon told us?' sort of thing. Not that I think Kas was lying but I could see the characters taking it that way.

...at least until the inevitable rematch, hopefully. Given that a teaser doc for an unrelated bit of future content indicates that there's plans for at least some scene variations based on companion gear, I'm hoping that when Alissa is met again there will be an acknowledgment if Ryn's wearing the dress.

Fair enough, but honestly.....all signs point to Alissa grooming Ryn to be her incestuous consort being the case. The wording just gave me the vibe that this is the first time it's crossed the Champ's mind, which makes little sense if we just had that exposition and reacted to it a bit.

I would expect the lines to be more like "It would seem there is at least some credence to Kassyra's claim, but without Alissa to confirm or deny it, there is no way to know for sure."

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
I definitely did not promise that. WC is the gate behind more demons and the demon TFs being added, and afaik they're in the editing phase now.

Maybe I misread then because I had the impression for the longest time they were coming with WC. But I'm glad they're under editing now in any case!

Now I wondering if we're going to start seeing random demon mobs in the near future.

Exrav

Apr 17, 2020
*Sigh* I have no way to fix things with Kas... The only thing at the end of tunnel I see is me killing her. On another note, I roflstomped all of the enemies in one or two turns.

Reactions: Senera2000