Ice Palace Thread [SPOILERS, OBVIOUSLY]

DaisukeKaiser

Apr 23, 2020
I read somewhere Arona also has a special scene in the winter city but I can't remember where. Not that it matters to be fair still thought I should mention it.

Viridian

Feb 12, 2020
PNW
I am wondering if Berwyn or the runic warrior lady have dialogue. I just found it interesting since if you played with brint up to Ryn last time he saw Kas she punted him and Cait away and then they came back to the champion alone, so you'd figure he's have something to say about it especially if he's hooking up with the champion. but eh I was simply curious

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I read somewhere Arona also has a special scene in the winter city but I can't remember where. Not that it matters to be fair still thought I should mention it.
Two, according to the design doc. She can try to open the Lock of Lewd (with no more success than the Champion) and can join the Champ in double-teaming Elthara (assuming that you also have a penis) the same way you can get male companions in on that act.

There's some other content that various docs mention for her so whenever her companion content drops (sooner now than before) I'll probably either start yet another Champion or go back to an older save for one of my existing ones to see some of that content that I'm now past the point of.

Try the Bad End™
I clicked anyways because I'm a schmuck. I was gonna ask how that's even possible, then I realized.
You can't lose the first phase of that fight or surrender but you can surrender in the second phase... if you think to do so before Kas pretty much ends the fight in one round. I hadn't realized that was an option. Wow.

But the art of sexy nekkid Lumia isn't used so I'm still fully expecting that to show up in other circumstances. ;)
It's probably a good thing that Lumia can only show up in particular circumstances. The way I'm mentally roleplaying things, one of my Champions would probably have ruined her panties seeing her patron goddess in the flesh and been useless for the finale of the dungeon, otherwise.

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Well that makes no sense, she clearly wants to do it. Looks like the option is tied to confidence but her statement is tied to libido creating a mismatch.
It's definitely tied to Ryn's Confidence stat. My Black Mage could unlock the 'Model' option but because she's female and has no penis, she couldn't progress to the next stage of the scene. And that's the character that's built Ryn up while keeping her Libido low.

Mind you, the modeling scene is pretty rewarding to see even if you can't also do the sex option, and it's definitely written around a confident Ryn rather than a slutty one. It's probably just the way that last bit is phrased that makes it look like a mismatch, which seems to be triggered by her Libido stat since a low-Libido Ryn doesn't display that message..

Last edited:

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Phew, I beat the Winter City with my Black Mage finally. Instead of Tugs and Cait I went in with Tugs and Ryn... took a jaunt down to the basement and grabbed the Queenly Raiment for Ryn, healslut get!

Jael'yn was a little easier but it was still a struggle, would've been over right there if I wasn't wearing the Senninbari... Elthara on the other hand was much easier to deal with when going into her encounter knowing Red Damage isn't gonna cut it and start teasing from round one.

Probably a good thing too because in the next encounter it took both Fox Posession and Shell to keep the party alive long enough to bring Alissa down... I reloaded the save though to try again with a more resolve-targeted build... Eternal Delusion, Charm Spell, Allure, Warsong etc.

Update: Equipping a loadout of Charmer spells did the trick. :D Not looking forward to doing that again with my Warrior and Rogues though. xD
But I'll hold off on clearing the dunjin for real until this question has been addressed.
Wasn't being given the title of Champion of Frost by Ryn supped to give you a permanent bonus to your resolve? I swear i read that in the doc.

Last edited:

OatmealNookie

Nov 22, 2016
So does Kas's sex scenes change based on if you fucked her or got fucked by her during the tutorial/other times? or is it always ride her, dual blow, or get doggy'd.
I was excited when I saw there was more Kas stuff, but my champions whole thing was getting HER pregnant every time they meet. The whole rest of the story was just other people getting in the way, and projecting their silly hero nonsense onto the completely uninterested protagonist, who just wants to be with his deranged girlfriend, Kas. I'm a bit conflicted about the new encounter now, and it seems like it's a fairly long slog to get there just to check it out.

Out of curiosity, was there any particular reason for the change Kas's SOP? Is this the new normal going forward?

Tenalc13

Mar 16, 2020
Maybe a comment about the appearance of Lumia? If my memory serves me right, the orcs worship her.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
took a jaunt down to the basement and grabbed the Queenly Raiment for Ryn, healslut get!
Ryn can give me some intimate healing any time she wants, especially after that cage comes off. I like to think the spear that goes with her new outfit is a taste of things to (hopefully) cum when she gets that cage off and we might get a way to TF her penis to something worthy of a queen. xD

Though if she's got a spear in her healer setup, I wonder what she'd be using if that 'Battle Princess Ryn' gear idea happens.

Not looking forward to doing that again with my Warrior and Rogues though. xD
I found my Thief had the easiest time of it actually; the damage output you can get out of one with their powers is almost as obscene as the hedonism in the palace. Alissa took my Warrior a few tries though, due to RNG shenanigans and my thematic and non-optimized setup.

Maybe a comment about the appearance of Lumia? If my memory serves me right, the orcs worship her.
Nah, though it would be appropriate. She's got two scenes I mentioned earlier and apparently she's one of the characters who can comment if the Champion picks the 'Hug Kasyrra' option. Ryn will react with awe to Lumia's appearance though.

Reactions: Alypia

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
I didn't realize how hard the dungeon actually was till Alissa because I had one shot both the Guard Captain and the Priestess with Song of Splendor. Alissa was much less impressed by me and I barely eeked out a win due to Mistakes, lul.

Reactions: Frostfall

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Battle Princess Ryn
Battle Princess Ryn: "I am Princess Etheryn, champion of icy justice! On behalf of the boreal elves, I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you, my sister!"
Demon Queen Alissa: "That would be more impressive if the Champion wasn't balls deep in your ass right now."
BPR: "Nyoro~n"

DaisukeKaiser

Apr 23, 2020
Battle Princess Ryn: "I am Princess Etheryn, champion of icy justice! On behalf of the boreal elves, I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you, my sister!"
Demon Queen Alissa: "That would be more impressive if the Champion wasn't balls deep in your ass right now."
I'm dying right now XD

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I didn't realize how hard the dungeon actually was till Alissa because I had one shot both the Guard Captain and the Priestess with Song of Splendor. Alissa was much less impressed by me and I barely eeked out a win due to Mistakes, lul.
Yeah, she's pretty resistant to Resolve damage and hits like a truck. I had more than one fight end with Cait or Ryn taken out of commission in the first round which fucked me over for healing, and my Black Mage got one-shotted once too.
ROFL. Ryn's already got the Magical Ice Sceptre for it, even if she can't freely use it right now...

Of course based on unimplemented art assets:
Demon Alissa is probably looking forward to getting balls deep in that ass herself. I'd be shocked if she got herself a horse dick for any reason other than to eventually stick it in Ryn.

Reactions: Greyfox643

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
Yeah, she's pretty resistant to Resolve damage and hits like a truck. I had more than one fight end with Cait or Ryn taken out of commission in the first round which fucked me over for healing, and my Black Mage got one-shotted once too.

ROFL. Ryn's already got the Magical Ice Sceptre for it, even if she can't freely use it right now...

Of course based on unimplemented art assets:
Demon Alissa is probably looking forward to getting balls deep in that ass herself. I'd be shocked if she got herself a horse dick for any reason other than to eventually stick it in Ryn.

I felt like she was more vulnerable to Resolve damage than Health damage tbh... even if she wasn't impressed by Allure and bounced War Song, Red Damage was even less effective when I tried it because she heals herself. xD

Kasyrra though... if nothing else, that confrontation on the rooftop certainly drove home just how distant the end of the game really is.

Update 2nd run through: Well... I thought Alissa was going to pose a challenge for my Paladin Warrior but then this happened. xD
Natural 20! SssssssssMITE!!upload_2020-6-4_10-28-23.png

I got extremely lucky with the initiatives,
Kiyoko went first, immedeate Fox Possession, sucks to be Alissa for the next three turns.
Alissa flails uselessly,
Ryn's up next, Hit Points are good... Blessing.
Alissa flails uselessly again.
My turn, Smite Evil!

Alissa is hanging on by a thread, punches Ryn for 8 damage.
Fox Posession wears off, but it's okay, Hethia finishes her off... I guess she got that Var Ridell blood on her hands that she wanted.

Last edited:

2tired

Jun 12, 2020
After parting on good terms with Kas, she mentions another opportunity visiting in your dreams again, but I haven't seen this happen. Is it not implemented yet?

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Cait yelled at me, when I Hugged one of my future waifus.

Kyoko was characteristically silent, while Keros no doubt face palmed what chuckling.

I am angry at one part:

damn useless sister flew the fuck off before I could beat Ryn's freedom out of her. Now i gotta go on a crusade to slay the evil chasity device

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I am angry at one part:

damn useless sister flew the fuck off before I could beat Ryn's freedom out of her. Now i gotta go on a crusade to slay the evil chasity device
You, me and everyone else that:
wanted to see that thing off Ryn so she could be completely free. But it's okay Ryn, we'll get that thing off you one day...

And in the meanwhile, there's art in the game of Alissa with some.... enhancements, presumably for the future. Because the only thing worse than sexually abusing your little sister and grooming her to be your future babydaddy is growing a dick so you can abuse her in whole new ways. I was wondering if we'd learn something during the quest that would make her even a bit sympathetic. NOPE.
Yeah, gonna enjoy the next expansion of this plotline.

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Considering how much Savin loves Fat Elf Sausage, I think we may be fortunate enough yet

----

Also...feelings. I have too many of them.

Fighting side by side with my arch nemesis has me with... feelings.

Like, I murder imps, actively avoid corrupting choices. Work to purify any NPC capable of being freed from corruption. Hell, I even keep a stash of winterstem for myself in case it rises above 30... even if its safely in Kero's care.

And yet the moment I saw the option to "hug", the other 3 choices didnt matter. Sure, I was going to get ready to combat her, but still I interrogated. I learned the "why" and was taken aback.

And so I stood and watched as a demon tried to be a mother.

And I stood and fought side by side her as the void denied her that dream

And I stood and fought her children as the Light Itself descended to fight back the dark.

And I took her hand without a second thought and followed her to the royal chambers.

The elven queen, defiled. Ryn has proudly claimed her birthright, and declared her intentions for her fallen mother.

A mother whose corruption I undoubtedly had a hand in, due to loving the being that defiled her.

What does Ryn think of me

What does Cait think of me?

What does my Foxwife think of me?

What does Keros think of me?

Hell, what does Kasryysa think of me?

Im not sure if I'm supposed to have this many feelings about a scene in a smut game.

But thank you all, to each writer and coder who worked on this.

Now I'm going to find some tequila to help process these feels...

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Savin has already said that he might well write in a TF to give Ryn a big ol elvish yule log in the future. Actually, he even used the fat sausage metaphor, but I like the yule log idea. It just sounds so winter-y and yummy and something you'd just want to gobble up... er, where was I? In retrospect, the way he phrased that comment probably should have tipped us off to the way Winter City ends. Show of hands, did anyone going in think that the quest would end with the cage still firmly in place? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

And oh yeah, if you go down that particular path things start to get complicated.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Savin has already said that he might well write in a TF to give Ryn a big ol elvish yule log in the future. Actually, he even used the fat sausage metaphor, but I like the yule log idea. It just sounds so winter-y and yummy and something you'd just want to gobble up... er, where was I? In retrospect, the way he phrased that comment probably should have tipped us off to the way Winter City ends. Show of hands, did anyone going in think that the quest would end with the cage still firmly in place? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
So, you didn't expect to get blue-balled on content for the girl whose content revolves around...dealing with blue balls?

not to imply that there isn't Ryn content in the game; there is obviously quite a lot and I love it

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
So, you didn't expect to get blue-balled on content for the girl whose content revolves around...dealing with blue balls?
Lean over here so I can hit you for that horrible pun. :p

But seriously, when the person who can release Ryn from the cage is in the Winter City and kicking her elf-y ass was the whole point of going there... yeah, wasn't expecting to be blue-balled in that way. Especially since I had read Ryn's design doc (or most of it at least) including seeing how she was supposed to get the cage off then. Didn't read the dungeon doc because I wanted to be surprised. And boy was I.

I mean I'm not complaining about being blue-balled like this because it means more Ryn content in the future but I can't help but be a bit disappointed in having to wait more for Ryn's Royal Sceptre. xD