Halloweiner Chat room, to discuss the submissions

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Try a different channel then.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Did already have a discord account with a different name. Anyway, I feel pissed enough so I won't answer. (Yes, I'm sulking but hey...)
It wouldn't matter that I would have a different name, it's still annoying that the people in the chat would ignore simple questions.
In what channel were you asking?

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
The TITS annoucement channel. Where Fen and crew post a few of their advancements in the submissions reviews.

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
The TITS annoucement channel. Where Fen and crew post a few of their advancements in the submissions reviews.
Eh... the announcement channel on Discord only the admins can post on there, and bots that announce when an artist or Fen is streaming. Did you mean to post on the "tainted_space" chat room?

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
yep,(it's under the annoucement so I said announcement too but I really meant the TITS chat)

Sparrow

Jan 23, 2017
Mary Sue space fleas from nowhere are as narrative deaf as it gets. Some exceptions apply if a) there is a significant element of comedy and absurdity to the encounter, or b) Failure is the Only Option
If you're playing in silly mode there's a chance she'll cast polymorph and turn you into a sheep.

Sparrow

Jan 23, 2017
Meaning she tried to eat someone.

Plus iirc this person is a saurmorian, right? Saurmorian's are just as, if not more poly-amorous than ausars.
While that is true, she gets incredibly jealous, also she's kinda psycho.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Either way @Sparrow. Hate to break it to ya, but you completely infringed on the whole Meteroid thing from the franchise. It wasn't even a subtle reference, nor a hint, it was a complete and utter copy/paste everywhere else except for the fact that she was a TiTS race. So your character wouldn't have gotten in regardless anyways unless you wanted the game to get a 'Cease and Desist' about it.

That's a surefire way to NOT get into the game.

Sparrow

Jan 23, 2017
Either way @Sparrow. Hate to break it to ya, but you completely infringed on the whole Meteroid thing from the franchise. It wasn't even a subtle reference, nor a hint, it was a complete and utter copy/paste everywhere else except for the fact that she was a TiTS race. So your character wouldn't have gotten in regardless anyways unless you wanted the game to get a 'Cease and Desist' about it.

That's a surefire way to NOT get into the game.
I don't know what you're talking about, she's very clearly a reference to Ridley Scott, director of the Alien franchise. Also there's already a character based on Ridley in the game, it's the little alien that fucks you during the helmet Poe A scene.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I don't know what you're talking about, she's very clearly a reference to Ridley Scott, director of the Alien franchise. Also there's already a character based on Ridley in the game, it's the little alien that fucks you during the helmet Poe A scene.
Ridley is also a vary recognizable entity from the Meteroid franchise, and serves as a recurring boss, amongst other things. It also has a significant resemblance to this Saurmorian thing that you describe. If Fen implemented Ridley, Nintendo could issue a cease and desist order to legally force Fenoxo to shut down TiTS.

I don't care if your submission farts rainbows and brings anyone who gazes at it to spontanious orgasm. Its not worth TiTS continued existence. So please stop pushing it, i 100% guarantee it will be disqualified as soon as Fen or Savin see the words "Ridley", "winged" and "saurmorian" in the same sentence.

Last edited:

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Nice backpedaling there. Seriously man, talking out your butt and lying about it won't hide the fact that you did infringe the character, you know.

And no, there ISN'T a character based off Ripley already in the game. If there was we'd have known by now and got a Cease and Desist about it.

You completely did infringement. Stop trying to cover it up, because if (Keyword: If) that had made it in the game Fen would get in trouble.

Come on man... Don't get TiTS in fucking trouble by infringing a character from a MAJOR COMPANY like Nintendo, who can easily shut it down.

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Just call him Didley. Or the Diddler.

Also you guys are being a little mean.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
And no, there ISN'T a character based off Ripley already in the game. If there was we'd have known by now and got a Cease and Desist about it. There's a COSTUME, which was a bounty hunter helm. A helmet =/= a whole damn character.
Now I'd hate to defend this chum, but you've misread here something. He didn't say that the helmet is Ripley from Alien inserted in the game, but that his Ridley wasn't based on the Ridley from the Metroid franchise but on Ridley Scott, the person behind the Alien movie and that the Alien thing that bimbofies you in the Bounty Hunter Helm scene is reference to the Alien franchise (which it isn't and is actually a Metroid reference) and that that justifies everything in his project.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Now I'd hate to defend this chum, but you've misread here something. He did say that the helmet is Ripley from Alien inserted in the game, but that his Ridley wasn't based on the Ridley from the Metroid franchise but on Ridley Scott, the person behind the Alien movie and that the Alien thing that bimbofies you in the Bounty Hunter Helm scene is reference to the Alien franchise (which it isn't and is actually a Metroid reference) and that that justifies everything in his project.
God fucking damnnit Nori...

Reactions: Zavos

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Don't be mean to Nori!

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I stand behind my comment. Potential misinterpretation is a issue that cannot be dismissed so easily in this case.

Reactions: Coalsack

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
I stand behind my comment. Potential misinterpretation is a issue that cannot be dismissed so easily in this case.
Sadly, this seems to be true.

If that happens, it won't be the first time that a big company does that kind of things due simple misunderstanting. 95% of time they don't ask first. If, on their minds, you infringed something of their own, even if you didn't, is very likely that you'll end in serious trouble, unless you have strong proof that you didn't anything wrong.

Sparrow

Jan 23, 2017
As the creators of the game they have every right to change anything in my submission. Call her Ripley or Ribley, or Janice from accounting. I'm not trying to get the game shut down, I'm just telling (bad) jokes and interacting with the community. Y'all need to relax, not everything needs to be serious all the time. I wouldn't be the least bit upset if they change anything about my submission, except Jackie's skin color (all robots are either white or grey, ebony robots are beautiful too).

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
I'm not blaming you???
But now I look like a damn dumbass here for reading shit wrong.

I mean, you are. This isn't how copyright law works and making references etc falls under fair use by any legal means, anyway. Not that these people really give a shit about fairly niche text games. Infringement lol

Beyond this, and this goes for the thread as a whole, this isn't some judgement passing station. You can certainly critique a submission and give the writer something to think about, but the time for you to actually influence anything has come to a close cuz, uh, deadlines yo. So chill and don't unilaterally declare something won't get in the game as if you had credence to announce such a thing.

Especially if you have been warned from doing that before.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
SO asking out of curiosity will they be announcing the accepted submissions in the discord or the blog or here on the forums?
They'll definitely announce it on the blog at some point, but whether or not that is post or pre coding remains to be seen. It wouldn't surprise me if they did update the official thread with the winners as well.

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
I would actually be surprised if they didn't announce it in the updates feed. I mean, they did announce the contest and it's end in the updates feed.

Spacestalin

Oct 21, 2017
I think I'm going to hang myself.

A friend just made me realize comments weren't allowed in my submission for the contest, it's read only.

Am I as screwed as I think I am?

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
I think I'm going to hang myself.

A friend just made me realize comments weren't allowed in my submission for the contest, it's read only.

Am I as screwed as I think I am?

I don't know, but if you want I can help you format your doc so it's accessible and doesn't discourage anyone from reading it. Doesn't mean you'll win the contest but it'll be appreciable even after the contest is over.

Spacestalin

Oct 21, 2017
I don't know, but if you want I can help you format your doc so it's accessible and doesn't discourage anyone from reading it. Doesn't mean you'll win the contest but it'll be appreciable even after the contest is over.

I would appreciate that!

I mean, I'd be really bummed out if I get excluded from the contest for this, but I was already bummed out believing I hadn't made much of a splash :/

Sparr

Oct 21, 2017
Aye, did anyone like Absynth from my entry? Even if mine doesn't win any of the contest, I might try to write some content for her if people like her at all.

Spacestalin

Oct 21, 2017
Aye, did anyone like Absynth from my entry? Even if mine doesn't win any of the contest, I might try to write some content for her if people like her at all.

I'll be totally honest, I felt like your entry was a little rushed. But I really liked Absynth, I love the way she speaks, and I think the Suula in general are pretty neat.

If you do more stuff with her, I'd read it.