Halloweiner Chat room, to discuss the submissions

SheepPun

Apr 30, 2016
Oh my. While you shouldn't of let anyone edit the doc in the permissions, that's kinda fucked up to fuck with someone's submission.

I think you can undo all the damage by going to an older saved version before the fuckery.

Edit: you can in fact go to an older version of the doc. Click the 'last edit' and scroll down to the version you want to restore it to. Click it and click the 'restore this version' button. That should be a quick way to fix the damage if you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: magikarpfever

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
I just switched it over again. Some of the edits have been good though, helping with typos and the like, but others.... yeah, I should have listened. I just hope it wasn't read while those changes were made.

I did the exact same thing as you when I first added mine but luckily someone told me not to do that.

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
I just switched it over again. Some of the edits have been good though, helping with typos and the like, but others.... yeah, I should have listened. I just hope it wasn't read while those changes were made.
I'd shoot Fen a message and let him know what happened, so if he did read it then he can know to go back to it.

Fenrirskoll

Oct 21, 2017
Can people just shoot him a message? Like, isn't he busy as hell and not likely to read those? I'll still probably try, but i am worried about seeming like I am pestering him.

F

Franks

You can also tag him directly here, like so.

@Fenoxo

And as others said, you can revert to an older version. You should also be able to see who edited it, unless they weren't logged in. If it's another competitor, they'll probably end up disqualified.

You're also an idiot for not setting it to 'comments only'.

Fenrirskoll

Oct 21, 2017
I changed what needed to be changed, and took it off editing, so it's comments only. I fully know and accept that I was an idiot, and honestly am not looking for anyone to get punished (not that I could anyway, changes were made anonymously). I just wanted to let him know that my entry was not meant to be "kid like" but instead trap content, and that the bad lines were removed. So if he liked the story except those few lines, that those lines are gone and to still consider my entry.

magikarpfever

Feb 26, 2017
@Kirorororo i liked entry #5 the drider/spider suit, looked like fun.
thank you so much!
I'll admit I'm biased against the spider costume as I submitted a drider TF a while ago ^^;
I think my fave's probably the Hero's Garb, so boyyyyy I'm mad someone tried to sabotage it.
lol its okay actually right when i finished i noticed you finished the tf and i felt really bad but was to anxious to message you about it. honestly i think your driver tf is pretty neat with all the variations. mines kind of vanilla

Fenrirskoll

Oct 21, 2017
I'll admit I'm biased against the spider costume as I submitted a drider TF a while ago ^^;
I think my fave's probably the Hero's Garb, so boyyyyy I'm mad someone tried to sabotage it.
I didn't know that you had one written! Sorry! I hope they put yours in as a species and #5 as a quick way to change to it/ sex-scene.
I'm so glad you think so! It's honestly my first time writing this kind of stuff, so it's nice to hear people actually liking it. Fen responded, he said he hadn't read it yet so I was in the clear. You don't know how relieved I feel.

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
lol its okay actually right when i finished i noticed you finished the tf and i felt really bad but was to anxious to message you about it. honestly i think your driver tf is pretty neat with all the variations. mines kind of vanilla
Don't worry about it, yours gives extra content with the Poe A scenes, mine's got variations - with any luck they'll both get in =3
There's no hard feelings at all, lord knows I accidently ninja'd @SheepPun before so I know it's easy to do c:

I'm so glad you think so! It's honestly my first time writing this kind of stuff, so it's nice to hear people actually liking it. Fen responded, he said he hadn't read it yet so I was in the clear. You don't know how relieved I feel.
It's really damn good considering it's a first attempt >u>
And I'm glad about that, it's good to know you're not gonna be penalized for something you didn't do.

magikarpfever

Feb 26, 2017
Don't worry about it, yours gives extra content with the Poe A scenes, mine's got variations - with any luck they'll both get in =3
There's no hard feelings at all, lord knows I accidently ninja'd @SheepPun before so I know it's easy to do c:
if anything i think yours deserves to get in the most lol

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
Gotta say many of these submissions seem far superior to mine. Kinda feel a bit awkward about mine even

I know exactly what you mean.

Its like building a sandcastle on the beach as a child, thinking "Hm! Not so bad!", only to look up and see someone finish a human-sized Sphinx made out of sand right next to you with like 20 people stopping to stare at it in awe. And you are one of that 20.

Fenrirskoll

Oct 21, 2017
I know exactly what you mean.

Its like building a sandcastle on the beach as a child, thinking "Hm! Not so bad!", only to look up and see someone finish a human-sized Sphinx made out of sand right next to you with like 20 people stopping to stare at it in awe. And you are one of that 20.
When I was writing mine, since I've been playing Fen's games for years, I kept comparing mine to existing scenes in the game. And (mostly for my first path) I kept telling myself "this feels like I'm writing fan fiction" (especially cause I haven't written stories since middle school). So hearing that people really liked mine is......

DHeroRedMagma

Dec 8, 2015
Canada
I tried basing mine off of what would it look like in the game and aimmed for that as a finished product sadly mine feels like it lacked in content since mine is 5 pages while others had more liked the one with 90 pages of content holy cow that whips my 4-5 pages

SheepPun

Apr 30, 2016
I tried basing mine off of what would it look like in the game and aimmed for that as a finished product sadly mine feels like it lacked in content since mine is 5 pages while others had more liked the one with 90 pages of content holy cow that whips my 4-5 pages
Remember that quantity doesn't equal quality. Fenoxo did state in the rules that; "No minimum or maximum length, but be aware that a 300 page manuscript could lose out to a five page document of pure, distilled awesome."

But yeah it's pretty easy to be hyper critical of your own work.

Reactions: Dragonice and Kesil

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
I'd put the general higer win chances between 5 and 16 pages. 4 and less being a bit short and 17 and more being a bit long. 30 and more is pretty darn long for a temporary event for Halloween times.

Lenerator

Oct 11, 2017
hey mine was the only one with a page count close to that and lemme tell ya i don't think it'll go far at all. smaller additions are way more likely to get put in anyway don't be so critical u did good :>

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Adjatha's is the best, though.

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
hey mine was the only one with a page count close to that and lemme tell ya i don't think it'll go far at all. smaller additions are way more likely to get put in anyway don't be so critical u did good :>

There is another one even longer then yours. @Lenerator Number 55, though it's not really halloween related.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Thats because PC's personality is already somewhat customizeable. A Hard pc is already Hyde.

Coalsack

Aug 28, 2015
Thats because PC's personality is already somewhat customizeable. A Hard pc is already Hyde.

I was thinking about the Hard pc as a mix of the Punisher and the Comedian, specially if they're a Hard, mercenary PC.

Also, no Ghost Rider-ish suit in POE A?

Fenrirskoll

Oct 21, 2017
Adjatha's is the best, though.
I hadn't read her's (? I'm guessing Adjatha is a girl. If not: sorry.) fully yet, but now that I have... I love the writing style and descriptions, the Parser usage was well done, and the story was well written. I just don't really like the TF's for it? That and the story is just... not my taste. I won't/can't deny the quality though, and wont be surprised if she takes a high spot.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016