Halloweiner Chat room, to discuss the submissions

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
I hadn't read her's (? I'm guessing Adjatha is a girl. If not: sorry.) fully yet, but now that I have... I love the writing style and descriptions, the Parser usage was well done, and the story was well written. I just don't really like the TF's for it? That and the story is just... not my taste. I won't/can't deny the quality though, and wont be surprised if she takes a high spot.
He can't technically win the contest because he's on the payroll (or do bust drawers not count in the staff members excluded from the contests?) I have no certainty but still the rule was a bit vague to exactly what staff members it applied to.

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
  • Employees are not eligible to enter. (Though any employee that writes Halloween stuff we can use is welcome to get a full day of pay on Halloween for the effort.)

Sparrow

Jan 23, 2017
Overall the content seems fine though it is a little weird that the pc gets to bang Holliday because that's the kind of thing I feel like would be reserved for a later encounter event after her initial encounter.
Well currently Poe A is a one time only thing, if you pick a costume you can't ever go back. That's why I added the VR helmet, you can go through all the events whenever you want. Also you can bang Holiday in the helmet and centaur scenes, of course it's mostly you sucking her massive pink horse dong. I went through each of the original encounters and it made me sad that such a cool character was a 1 time thing and you can't even sex her up, and if I'm sad about it there's probably at least a few other people who feel the same way.

As for Ridley, what did you think of her Gastigoth description? Of all the things I wrote I think I'm most proud of her list of convictions, it really paints a picture.

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
Convicted of: Illegal gene modding, 1 count of attempted cannibalism, Interruption of a parade, 13 acts of terrorism, 237 counts of murder, 104 counts of dismemberment, 37 counts of arson, Destruction of a military cruiser, Attempted theft of a moon, 2 instances of "surviving the death penalty", 19 counts of Grand piracy, Piracy of the first and second degree, Attempted 3rd degree piracy, 1 count of aggravated sodomy towards arresting officer, 6 counts of rude hand jestures towards police officers.

It's... just not nearly credible. I mean, I would believe she should probably be in there for hacking the prison's network and changing her datas because it's legit an ovekill npc otherwise. I mean, 13 acts of terrorism, 237 counts of murder, 104 counts of dismemberment, 37 counts of arson, attempted theft of a moon, 2 instances of "surviving the death penalty", 19 counts of Grand piracy, each of these are individually not credible unless they were GREATLY exagered.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Convicted of: Illegal gene modding, 1 count of attempted cannibalism, Interruption of a parade, 13 acts of terrorism, 237 counts of murder, 104 counts of dismemberment, 37 counts of arson, Destruction of a military cruiser, Attempted theft of a moon, 2 instances of "surviving the death penalty", 19 counts of Grand piracy, Piracy of the first and second degree, Attempted 3rd degree piracy, 1 count of aggravated sodomy towards arresting officer, 6 counts of rude hand jestures towards police officers.

It's... just not nearly credible. I mean, I would believe she should probably be in there for hacking the prison's network and changing her datas because it's legit an ovekill npc otherwise. I mean, 13 acts of terrorism, 237 counts of murder, 104 counts of dismemberment, 37 counts of arson, attempted theft of a moon, 2 instances of "surviving the death penalty", 19 counts of Grand piracy, each of these are individually not credible unless they were GREATLY exagered.
Yeah there's no way a single NPC would do ALL of that. That's just straight up overkill to the point you wouldn't even believe it in a logical sense in fiction without them seeming OP at a glance. Unless they somehow managed to pull off some mass genocide but still.

If they had removed some penalties, and made the numbers much smaller, then maaaaaaaybe it'd be believable for an NPC. But as it stands... lolhell to the naaaaaaaaaaaah.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
As for Ridley, what did you think of her Gastigoth description? Of all the things I wrote I think I'm most proud of her list of convictions, it really paints a picture.
Kinda reminds me of Johnny Gat from Saints Row.

"1 account of attempted murder and over 387 accounts of 1st degree murder."

And all that was from one little squabble!

Aullama

Creator
Dec 12, 2016

Cannibalism?? :eyepop:JFC

Zavos

May 7, 2016

If you think thats crazy, look at the sillymode version. Anyways, most of these crimes were probably group acts among the Black Void.

flying_moustache

Aug 30, 2015
I kept telling myself "this feels like I'm writing fan fiction" (especially cause I haven't written stories since middle school).

Yeah, I also had that feeling.

So hearing that people really liked mine is......

Its really good.

It made me wish I had put more time into polishing my own submisson. Not because I desperately want to win a prize or something, but because its quality suddenly doesnt feel adequate to me anymore.

Sparrow

Jan 23, 2017
If you think thats crazy, look at the sillymode version. Anyways, most of these crimes were probably group acts among the Black Void.
You're right, most of this did happen amongst the Black Void. Most of these things were attempts, she wasn't successful at stealing the moon. Most of the murders came from the terrorist attacks, also since she's a higher up amongst the Black Void she's taken the blame for some of the things her subordinates have done.

Sparrow

Jan 23, 2017
Yeah there's no way a single NPC would do ALL of that. That's just straight up overkill to the point you wouldn't even believe it in a logical sense in fiction without them seeming OP at a glance. Unless they somehow managed to pull off some mass genocide but still.

If they had removed some penalties, and made the numbers much smaller, then maaaaaaaybe it'd be believable for an NPC. But as it stands... lolhell to the naaaaaaaaaaaah.
She is op, she has the second highest health of any boss in the game and her attacks do a ton of damage. The only reason you're able to beat her is because Holiday keeps giving you healing items throughout the fight. The key to winning is to recharge your shield and use your ultimate attack as often as possible. You also need to have at least 15 agility in order to dodge her instant kill move, so it's a pretty high level fight.

If this were final fantasy, Ridley would be that one secret boss who's more powerful than the final boss.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
She is op, she has the second highest health of any boss in the game and her attacks do a ton of damage. The only reason you're able to beat her is because Holiday keeps giving you healing items throughout the fight. The key to winning is to recharge your shield and use your ultimate attack as often as possible. You also need to have at least 15 agility in order to dodge her instant kill move, so it's a pretty high level fight.

If this were final fantasy, Ridley would be that one secret boss who's more powerful than the final boss.
Yeeeaaaaahhhhno, if she was a thing in the game I bet your ass she would be nerfed so hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zavos

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Mary Sue space fleas from nowhere are as narrative deaf as it gets. Some exceptions apply if a) there is a significant element of comedy and absurdity to the encounter, or b) Failure is the Only Option

Reactions: Emerald

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
You said most of these crime were caused by her being in the Black Void(and took many blames), but then she wouldn't be strong like that. Either making her a Mary Sue, or a character who is too powerfull for what she really is.
And if many of these crimes were inputted on her, there should be a mention of that because as it is now, it appears she is effectively the only person responsible.

And generally, I think people try to keep holiday events low level for them to be accessible early on

Last edited:

Aullama

Creator
Dec 12, 2016
"Attempted cannibalism" meaning she was unsuccessful.

She caught her boyfriend cheating on her.

Meaning she tried to eat someone.

Plus iirc this person is a saurmorian, right? Saurmorian's are just as, if not more poly-amorous than ausars.

Last edited:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Devs have said they're about halfway through grading. Savin is apparently a more savage grader than Fen, and there is a gradesheet somewhere. A number of perfect scores have been handed out... by Fen. And a bunch of zeroes. Fen loves the shit out of Hero's Garb, and it got a near-perfect score.

Fenoxo: Also Vampsluts didn't get rejected (by me)
Fenoxo: But honestly it's so big that it kind of gets in its own way

Fenoxo: Vampsluts had a lot of potential

Fenoxo: Could've lead to some real Dominika style awesome

Fenoxo: Oh nm, Savin didn't give Vampsloots a chance
Fenoxo: RIp in RIPPERONI

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
Also, You can't really steal a moon, unless you meant take control of a moon owned by some government or company.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Anyways, check your submissions. If there are comments, the Devs might have graded it.

Lenerator

Oct 11, 2017
Devs have said they're about halfway through grading. Savin is apparently a more savage grader than Fen, and there is a gradesheet somewhere. A number of perfect scores have been handed out... by Fen. And a bunch of zeroes. Fen loves the shit out of Hero's Garb, and it got a near-perfect score.
shoot... i was hoping they'd at least partially accept it, but that's how it goes

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
are the red ones the ones you dont reccomend reading :? Or scratch dont reccomend reading per se, but are in a tough spot editing or content wise?

Red ones have nothing to do with my personal tastes, it's just last time I read them they were incomplete or not Halloween related enough to seriously be considered for the HALLOWEEN contest.

Fenrirskoll

Oct 21, 2017
!!!!!!! Really? Did Savin say anything about it? What did fen say? I don't have a Discord, so I can't see.... And there weren't any new comments on my entry.

magikarpfever

Feb 26, 2017
i don't have a discord either so if any could keep me updated that would great

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
Fen hasn't posted anything pertinent concerning the contest for two hours now. Also, everyone in the discord chat ignores my questions so they can go screw themselves.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Who are you on Discord because I've literally never seen a Kirorororo.

Reactions: BumblingBee

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
Did already have a discord account with a different name. Anyway, I feel pissed enough so I won't answer. (Yes, I'm sulking but hey...)
It wouldn't matter that I would have a different name, it's still annoying that the people in the chat would ignore simple questions.