Halloweiner Chat room, to discuss the submissions

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
I don't think Fenoxo minds if you spellcheck your work, the problem is mainly if your submission has bad grammar and mistakes when he gets to your submission. Because if a submission is full of mistake, the content won't be as appreciable and they'd have to spell check it themselves, meaning more work, thus, less chances of being selected.

@Zareidriel Will do, will do, just taking my time because I actually decided to skip today's class, the class being why I hadn't done it already.

Reactions: GentleMask

Fenrirskoll

Oct 21, 2017
@Zareidriel Honestly, yours does look interesting. It's just an unfortunate circumstance we used such a similar name with the costume. And yours at least used a lot more code and parser usage than I did.

@Kirorororo I was actually curious about the spell check/ missing words thing too. While re-reading mine this morning, I noticed a few issues, but worried that making corrections might be against the rules.

Reactions: GentleMask

Lenerator

Oct 11, 2017
agh im so worried, i feel like my submission is gonna be disregarded just for
being so painfully long

Last edited:

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
agh im so worried, i feel like my submission is gonna be disregarded just for
being so painfully long
@Lenerator On the other side, if it doesn't get selected because of that, it might end up as a non halloween submission if you work over its main part and leave some others as later expansions if the main content gets in.

Fenrirskoll

Oct 21, 2017
What does red mean exactly...? The ones you think aren't worth peoples time?
" numbers in red do not seem to include halloween theme/Poe A/horror or are currently incomplete (do tell me if I overlooked something because I might have missed the halloween part if it was discreete)"

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
Possibilities why a submission is in red
  1. It includes no obvious halloween/scary content, only elements that could be associated with halloween if you pushed it to a far reaching extant (that was what went for yours, if you have a specific part with halloween content, please tell me what it is)
  2. It's still a work in progress, or seemed to me like one
  3. It misses one of the main requirements of the rules of the contest
  4. Other particular stuff that messes up some individual submissions

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
I think fonoxo tried to spell check something in my document but I have no idea what he was referring to. Woops.

Lenerator

Oct 11, 2017
@Lenerator On the other side, if it doesn't get selected because of that, it might end up as a non halloween submission if you work over its main part and leave some others as later expansions if the main content gets in.
well, i guess... it'd just make a lil more sense with the halloweeness to me. i can only hope they'll at least accept my entry since it's more than just a poe a costume... but then again, maybe that'll be reason for them not to :<

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
Wasn't that me? Or did you actually knew for sure it was fenoxo? What was the spell check...
Uhhh I think it was the comment had fonoxo fenfen as the name and stated 'Al' but I have no idea where or what to do with that because it was not showing where he wanted it.

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
Probably something to do with a grading system, if not, something about artificial intelligences needed for your submission, I really don't know

Sparr

Oct 21, 2017
I wish I had started earlier and had been able to add the routes and scenes that I wanted. Originally, there were four separate characters, all having multiple choices that could be made. And of course, if I had taken my time, I definitely could have written at least the one scene I did manage to finish much better than I did. So if mine stinks, it's my own damn fault. :ghost:But any comments on what you liked and disliked would be awesome to hear? Mine was number 58.

That'sAboutAllIGot

Oct 19, 2017
I'm most likely going to take my submission and make it well, less shit. Then maybe try and send it in to be added as a random event to be added sometime down the line.

Sparrow

Jan 23, 2017
Did anyone actually read my submission? And if so, what did you think? I'm very curious if people like my work or not.

Primus

Oct 6, 2017
How often does the usual submissions get added in? Kinda curious since most of us know which ones are going to get picked and we are placing it in the usual submission area instead of the contest.

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
How often does the usual submissions get added in? Kinda curious since most of us know which ones are going to get picked and we are placing it in the usual submission area instead of the contest.
maybe one out of five fanmade gets in every 3 weeks or so... often the smaller ones.
for the bigger it's more one out of 9.

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
Did anyone actually read my submission? And if so, what did you think? I'm very curious if people like my work or not.
I did read the first of the 9 doc you posted, have you made a compilation? I'll read and give you feedback if you make a single doc with all of them in.

durmir

Oct 20, 2017
Was hoping for some feedback if you would. Kinda haven't written anything creative in long time.

TosakunoKishi

Oct 10, 2017
This was the first time I wrote anything like this, hope mine at least gets a mention to the effect of 'wasn't awful'. That being said, I messed up my time management horribly. If I'd managed it better, I would've made the variations more diverse, not to mention I had an entirely different concept for cock-vines before I realised I was running out of time and it was way too big for my first time.

Sparrow

Jan 23, 2017
I did read the first of the 9 doc you posted, have you made a compilation? I'll read and give you feedback if you make a single doc with all of them in.
You don't really need to read all of them, most of the docs were technical stuff like attack patterns for the boss and such. If you want story or smut you only need to read 3 of them.

For those who want to read them.
Poe A scene
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sE9LHH2n5J3De0OihSrIMvbhROXIrDmEqZ1Znc1zXYs/edit?usp=drivesdk

Ridley Gastigoth scene
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cYiQxMmC8pGWCouFfSx7ikqMkCk_K7vJn5w38XSGZeA/edit?usp=drivesdk

Jackie the jack o'lantern
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g_qGcAjV3vtng5UDOfhkjiE_3tehn1L1npZjnK5au4Y/edit?usp=drivesdk

magikarpfever

Feb 26, 2017
Magikarp i dunno if you're in here, but the feel and descriptions in your spider suit thing are super good. There are just enough grammar snips to pull me out of it though :( i have the feeling with a little fixing it would be mega unf tier
omg you're to kind thank you! and yeah editing isn't my strong point but if you see any grammar issues let me know and ill fix them as soon as possible

(btw i love sincere and the phantom look the pc can get, super original and cool)

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
You don't really need to read all of them, most of the docs were technical stuff like attack patterns for the boss and such. If you want story or smut you only need to read 3 of them.

Overall the content seems fine though it is a little weird that the pc gets to bang Holliday because that's the kind of thing I feel like would be reserved for a later encounter event after her initial encounter.

Fenrirskoll

Oct 21, 2017
Someone popped into mine and rewrote parts to allude to the shortsword being a "child tf" in my story. But I don't want child stuff in this one, AND the rules for writing say no shota/loli stuff. can i take it off of editing now so no one changes it again, or would fen and others need it on edits?

magikarpfever

Feb 26, 2017
Someone popped into mine and rewrote parts to allude to the shortsword being a "child tf" in my story. But I don't want child stuff in this one, AND the rules for writing say no shota/loli stuff. can i take it off of editing now so no one changes it again, or would fen and others need it on edits?
you shouldn't allow the dock to be edited, instead have it be put to suggestions

Fenrirskoll

Oct 21, 2017
I just switched it over again. Some of the edits have been good though, helping with typos and the like, but others.... yeah, I should have listened. I just hope it wasn't read while those changes were made.