Fair warning about Shade? (Spoilers ahoy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Nobody's outraged. This has been an entirely cordial discussion about how exactly having sex with your sister should be framed for a wider audience. The ethics of throwing incest onto a playable character may not interest you, but they do interest others. Kindly fuck along and let the adults talk.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I see this conversation is winding down a bit.

Sure would be a shame if someone mentioned that Anno fucked your dad.

Can't get mad at her though hnng.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
This entire thread almost made me re-think some things, i might cut some scenes from that project >_>

But for the shade one i was a little bothered by it (more bothered by if you don't beat the fuck out of queen tavira you never know she's your sister), so on my second run-through as a Merc i didn't have sex with her because i really didn't want the incest, now i'm a bit wary about what my character puts his dick in, however the Dr badger one did bother me a bit, i was trying to be a hero so i was like sure why not, then i get turned into a badger and raped, but it's one of those moments where it's like "well fuck, that just happened, time to reload a save" its a learning experience and their teaching you to trust no one in space.

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015
I still think it fine as is, it gave me just enough of a cringe as I'm sure it did her. It was kinda strange for my PC because we both have silver hair, cat eyes and ears, and a cunt tail.

Damn you dad!

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I still think it fine as is, it gave me just enough of a cringe as I'm sure it did her. It was kinda strange for my PC because we both have silver hair, cat eyes and ears, and a cunt tail.

Damn you dad!

I would say that I was surprised by the revelation of my connection with Shade, but then I remembered, "Hey, wait a minute. You had sex with goblin and harpy daughters in CoC and you didn't flinch. What's the difference here?"

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
I see this conversation is winding down a bit.

Sure would be a shame if someone mentioned that Anno fucked your dad.

Can't get mad at her though hnng.

Yeah... I stay the fuck away from her because of that.

Eskimo Brothers with your dead dad? Oh hell no.

This entire thread almost made me re-think some things, i might cut some scenes from that project >_>

But for the shade one i was a little bothered by it (more bothered by if you don't beat the fuck out of queen tavira you never know she's your sister), so on my second run-through as a Merc i didn't have sex with her because i really didn't want the incest, now i'm a bit wary about what my character puts his dick in, however the Dr badger one did bother me a bit, i was trying to be a hero so i was like sure why not, then i get turned into a badger and raped, but it's one of those moments where it's like "well fuck, that just happened, time to reload a save" its a learning experience and their teaching you to trust no one in space.

Well she is part of a warrior race, so I don't think it's that big a deal you have to fight her to find out. The Badger thing tbh was real fucking obvious, she's got you pinned down and phrasing the question so that saying you were a hero would probably get your spine broken, or in this case, turned into a Badgar Bimbo and raped.

I don't think you should cut anything, I just feel prior warning before putting out niche fetishes like that should be in order.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I mean I'm not really psyched when characters insinuate my Steele likes the man-folk but due to me knowing gating that would be damn near impossible I accept such shit is going to occur.

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
I would say that I was surprised by the revelation of my connection with Shade, but then I remembered, "Hey, wait a minute. You had sex with goblin and harpy daughters in CoC and you didn't flinch. What's the difference here?"

Again, you were given heads up about that and knew beforehand of their relationship, so those who wanted it can have it and those that don't can avoid it. With as niche a fetish incest is that's far safer than just putting it out there.

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
Well she is part of a warrior race, so I don't think it's that big a deal you have to fight her to find out. The Badger thing tbh was real fucking obvious, she's got you pinned down and phrasing the question so that saying you were a hero would probably get your spine broken, or in this case, turned into a Badgar Bimbo and raped.

I don't think you should cut anything, I just feel prior warning before putting out niche fetishes like that should be in order.

The scene was uhh a forced treatment thing where you also have a dumbfuck pill with it, it was gonna be you force it on the guy and then fuck for a awhile until the treatment takes effect then give em off to Beth's busty broads, had to do with his history and shite, i'm not sure if i should write it though considering the "Forced steph" uproar, although i was gonna have a revenge thing with his lover coming to kill you for it, the only reason i wouldn't write is because i wouldn't do the option myself, but it was suggested yesterday i'm still deciding whether or not to go trhough with it, but if i do gonna try my hardest to make the PC feel like a monster.

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
Hidden Content

A bit questionable, but if you do plan on doing that, it should probably be restricted to hard PCs. You can do similar things in COC, Amily being the most obvious example, so you're good to go if you want to write that.

Personally, I could never write a character, I could write character interactions and edit other's work, but being extremely precise with how the character looks is not something I'm good at, so props to you for that, lol.

Nekas

Aug 31, 2015
Well considering i have been lurking here for several years but only made the account on this crash(just felt like it :D )

but reading this i have noticed several things i havent done but then again i did put ton of time in COC(had pure path saves/ high corruption and somewhat neutral) only tried one and that was with very old saves meaby should start from new to look how it is and then put my 2nd cent down.

But overall i dont mind most stuff since its game you make and there is one thing. what we go by in programming. you can make anything what you can imagine only question is of how much time it will take.

On Shade topic i was surprised not in bad way but they way it was handled by Shade herself good reaction considering the players options. So i cant wait how it will play out when i replay this game will have to make split saves for each patch. Yea i do most of my RPG game with every path seen and then i try to imagine way to get best result.

deltadeath93

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah... I stay the fuck away from her because of that.

Eskimo Brothers with your dead dad? Oh hell no.

and how would you give prior warning with out ruining the content it pertains to?

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
It's not like Shade knew and withheld the information. Nobody knew, no preparation could be had. Plenty of awkward moments in life. Given her father's exploits, I'm sure Steele will have many more to look forward to.

and how would you give prior warning with out ruining the content it pertains to?

New toggle in the options menu that afford MC psychic premonitions! *when you read "Psychic Premonitions" make sure it has an echo.

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The Badger thing tbh was real fucking obvious, she's got you pinned down and phrasing the question so that saying you were a hero would probably get your spine broken, or in this case, turned into a Badgar Bimbo and raped.
... Exceeeept you've got no choice but to go with being insta-pinned against a wall by a chubby badger, no matter how agile, strong, or smart you are. 

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
... Exceeeept you've got no choice but to go with being insta-pinned against a wall by a chubby badger, no matter how agile, strong, or smart you are. 
So our PCs aren't gods?

...How can that be???

THE HORROR!!!

But seriously what's next? I don't see anyone complaining about being binded/pinned down in combat.

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
So our PCs aren't gods?

...How can that be???

THE HORROR!!!

we aren't gods but we can certainly be god-like, or just better than most of the scum like the black void pirates

they fuck with a lot of your friends, then again your so called friends have fucked with them plenty, although the bess encounter was just them being cunts

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
But seriously what's next? I don't see anyone complaining about being binded/pinned down in combat.

That's because it's random chance and stats affect it, you silly goose. Unlike DB, who is outside the system. It's not that hard to write a five second variant where you can turn things around (or something more complex).

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
but Doc Badger apparently is one, how all on Tarkus haven't come to worship her now is truly shocking. 

Probably has to do with her being the crazy bimbo doctor. 

But really, it isn't that serious, our characters got caught off guard and she weights a fuckton.

That's because it's random chance and stats affect it, you silly goose. Unlike DB, who is outside the system. It's not that hard to write a five second variant where you can turn things around (or something more complex).

That's true, but I really don't think it's all that serious. She's definitely a lot tougher and smarter than the regular enemies you run into out there and the PC got caught off guard by her. The only reason our PCs even get a chance to fight most enemies and not autolose due to being ambushed and knocked out is because the Codex gave out warnings.

VantagePoint

Sep 1, 2015
Nope. Your dad shot his hot, creamy load in your new doggy GF before you even got there.
Just try not to picture how you're blazing all over your dad's old trail when you slip it in next time.

Even though I don't like Doctor Lash, he's pretty spot on about Anno and I can see where he's coming from with people's libido holding them back. I'm actually really looking forward to his story arc, although I imagine he's going to be an extremely late game boss.

And yeah, hole brothers with your father... lol.

CabalShadowBiscuit

Aug 31, 2015
Even though I don't like Doctor Lash, he's pretty spot on about Anno and I can see where he's coming from with people's libido holding them back. I'm actually really looking forward to his story arc, although I imagine he's going to be an extremely late game boss.

And yeah, hole brothers with your father... lol.

Too bad I killed him when I met him... dem credits too tempting.

JesterHell

Aug 31, 2015
Nope. Your dad shot his hot, creamy load in your new doggy GF before you even got there.
Just try not to picture how you're blazing all over your dad's old trail when you slip it in next time.

Which is why I only interact with her enough to get the nova rifle and goo armor after that its buh bye from me.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Come one she got more uses than nova rifle and goo armor...like goovolver and been your personal vendor sitting nice and quiet on your ship when almost godlike PC come back to it.

@Vantage: you say we can not be ambushed by any enemy...ok well read Jim's Vanae Matron enocunter gdoc. It's not yet ingame but it will be one of those encounters when you can actualy kinda autoloose fight with generic mob before it even started (plus a good reason to not run around with poor reflexes and less than 50 lust till max lust value).

Status
Not open for further replies.