Confessions of champions

Tendril

Aug 19, 2018
Agreed. Went ahead and got it. You get it while attempting to leave her square. Good item, but I don't know that I can go without the Leadership it would replace. Those numbers are extremely good now. . .

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I really enjoy Quints rejections scene. The full uneasiness, fear and hate he expresses for our champion is a such lovely sight. Those last moments of him questioning if he should retaliate against you or not, deciding against it and accepting his fate by running until death catches up... Man, it files me with so much joy and the feeling of power. Having someones life entirely dependent on you is something that you just can not describe fully.

Now on to the topic of this thread. I like Quint. He is a good boy.

Reactions: JustSomeGuy

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Last edited:

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
jaws-quint.jpg
500px-Quintillus_Full_Bust_DCL.png

Some minor differences...

Reactions: loricd and sumgai

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Quint, as in Quintessentially companion.
And his name is Quintillus. So Quint is also fine abbreviation of his name.

Will be here all day folks.
Quint is fine but there's a reason why his coding and scene usage is Quin. Pretty much shows how little you read of the character to call him the wrong name. If you're going to be here all day, at least educate yourself about the game and actually read the text on the screen. Like, for starters, about that Quin "considering attacking you" thing?
Quintillus stares at you for a few seconds before finally letting his ears droop. "You've killed me, then. Fine. You'll have it your way… [pc.mascFem|bastard|bitch]."
Nowhere in this does he "consider attacking you" or any shit you're spewing. He's shocked that you - the enemy of the cult and therefore supposedly a better person - are effectively consigning him to death. Because you're a monster. Anyone who gleams other meaning from it or takes pleasure in that is purely reading what isn't in the text at all and is gleaming a meaning that they accept so that they can justify their bad takes.

Edit: Also, why would he consider attacking you after you just beat/destroyed the cultists who had been chasing him? Why would he run from the group he could beat and then assume he could fight/beat you? Absolute smoothening logic.

Last edited:

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Quint is fine but there's a reason why his coding and scene usage is Quin. Pretty much shows how little you read of the character to call him the wrong name. If you're going to be here all day, at least educate yourself about the game and actually read the text on the screen.
Sure in game and here people call him Quin, but Quint sounds better to me. And it is not uncommon for real people give fictional characters a nickname that no one refers to them as such in universe. Now yes, it is grating to some people, but I think I am going to continue to refer to him as Quint.

Nowhere in this does he "consider attacking you" or any shit you're spewing. He's shocked that you - the enemy of the cult and therefore supposedly a better person - are effectively consigning him to death. Because you're a monster. Anyone who gleams other meaning from it or takes pleasure in that is purely reading what isn't in the text at all and is gleaming a meaning that they accept so that they can justify their bad takes.

Edit: Also, why would he consider attacking you after you just beat/destroyed the cultists who had been chasing him? Why would he run from the group he could beat and then assume he could fight/beat you? Absolute smoothening logic.

Yeah I checked and it was not literally in his last moments but in his second to last momemnts on this forsaken soil. He was considering attacking you the first time you politely, and I QUOTE, to "fuck off".

-"What!?" The taeleer man scowls and clenches his hands into fists. At first, it seems like Quintillus is going to hit you... until his anger vanishes and replaces with unease.-

So yeah, I am somewhat in the wrong because I did present my information in wrong order. But I feel like since those two things happened so close to one another, him thinking to attack you and begging for his life, that reasons behind my liking of the scene still flows through my text.

But in the end, he did consider attacking us so we are both wrong.

And besides, rest of my comment is true. He begs you, pleads with you to save his life. And once he sees that he is not getting to you, he accepts his fate. Not before giving you one last remark, on how you are dooming him. Which is just icing on the cake.

Now on to us not helping him and thus being a monster.
I mean, he did join the cult on his own volition. And all of our dealings with them show us that they are up to no good. So trusting him is a tael(eer) order. Him being enemy of our enemy does not automatically make him our ally.
So us taking him in could still be viewed as a dumb move since we have no reason to believe that he is a goid/trust worthy person.

Sure he is chased by the cult but we do not know the why. How do we know that it was done out of goodness of his heart and not because of some selfish/self presenting motivations?
So are those not the reasons why game does not force him on us?

While I think that all reasons I present above are more then valid for you to consider if you want to help him or not. But game does not. It thinks that only reason behind your decision of not saving him is because you are an ass. Which Is why I personally do it, but that is besides the point.

So can you blame for playing up my evil act? Especially for purposes of my comment. If game thinks that is only way for it to justify your action, why not revel in it?
At the end of the day, I just enjoy doing/morally dubious acts. I did this specific one because I role played as character that did it. And his reactions made it all that much better.

And before you go and question my humanity. First this is a game. Second, it gives you that option. And thirdly, the game is called Corruption of Champions 2. I know, hard to remember.This kind of things should be expected in a game with that name.

Edit: Still, I am confused by part of your comment? What am I trying to justify myself? I did it because it is apparently evil. You think it is evil. What is the problem here.

Last edited:

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
-"What!?" The taeleer man scowls and clenches his hands into fists. At first, it seems like Quintillus, also known as Quint, is going to hit you... until his anger vanishes and replaces with unease.-
If you're trying to prove a point, direct quotes work better than snarky paraphrasing.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
If you're trying to prove a point, direct quotes work better than snarky paraphrasing.
I was just tying up my comment with the one I am replying to. But I will remove it since you are right. Better for me since then people will focus on points I am making and not dismiss me since I would appear to act like know it all. Thanks.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Snip for brevity
For sake of reference, allow me to clarify that the text he put down is there. Now, context.
// You didn't intend to save him in the first place; you're not recommending him shit except to hit the road.

"What!?" The taeleer man scowls and clenches his hands into fists. At first, it seems like Quintillus is going to hit you… until his anger vanishes and replaces with unease.

"C-Come on, you're supposed to be fighting the cult, right? Help me out! You have no idea what they'll do if they catch me; they could break my mind or something far worse! <b>Please</b>, I beg of you!"
You tell Quin "hit the road" in a rude way. That's the intent of the tooltip and skipping the PC's dialogue and using "FuckOff" for the button.

Immediately after it seems like he'll hit you, he'll immediately explain why: you're supposed to be the good guy. He can't believe what he heard and begs you.
// You're not changing your mind. <b>Even if it kills someone.</b>.

You cross your arms and tilt your head; he needs to start running before they catch him, then. But you're not helping anyone from the cult, even if they're wanting out of it. He chose his bed, now he needs to lay in it.
You might notice another trend of a tooltip where you tell him, again, to fuck off and that you're not changing your mind. Even if it kills someone. If you read the actual scene in its entirety, Quin's doesn't consider attacking you but instead realizes that he was entirely wrong about you. He's angry to the point of violence but this is because you act worse than the cult. But why, again, would he realistically or in any rational way consider attacking you when you're still his last hope?

Ultimately, he doesn't do anything or even raise a fist. He looks at you angrily.

The game assumes you're an ass because you choose options blatantly dooming someone to die, solely based on them having been part of a group that's bad. That also uses hypnotists, for example, to indoctrinate members. It's not a matter of dubious morality, you are just flatly being a terrible person to kill him versus spare him and just keep an eye on him. You don't have to be nice to him just for sparing his life. Using the logic of "why is the cult after him then" is also foolish because if anything that gives you reason to capture him/have him where you can find out why. If your enemies want something and you can take it, why wouldn't you? The enemy of your enemy may not be your friend (agree to disagree when you're fighting a chaotic-evil group like the cult) but if they're important enough that the cult wants to capture him, why would you allow the cult to do so? Saving him puts him strictly under the watchful eye of you and your party, safely out of their hands and entirely in yours.

If you want to be evil in a game, that's fine. But don't try to obfuscate/explain your morality away beyond you being immorally dubious/bad, particularly trying to paint lies or take the scene out of its entire context. Killing Quin only "looks smart" to people who aren't actually thinking anything over from a Roleplay perspective. Comical villain levels of bad guy.

And for what it's worth, being a bad guy (again) isn't the problem. It's a nice deflection to see people use the game's name to explain stupid-evil actions on the player's part versus logical evil that fits the demons' mantra. Can't corrupt what you kill, bro.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
For sake of reference, allow me to clarify that the text he put down is there. Now, context.

You tell Quin "hit the road" in a rude way. That's the intent of the tooltip and skipping the PC's dialogue and using "FuckOff" for the button.

Immediately after it seems like he'll hit you, he'll immediately explain why: you're supposed to be the good guy. He can't believe what he heard and begs you.
You might notice another trend of a tooltip where you tell him, again, to fuck off and that you're not changing your mind. Even if it kills someone. If you read the actual scene in its entirety, Quin's doesn't consider attacking you but instead realizes that he was entirely wrong about you. He's angry to the point of violence but this is because you act worse than the cult. But why, again, would he realistically or in any rational way consider attacking you when you're still his last hope?

Ultimately, he doesn't do anything or even raise a fist. He looks at you angrily.

The game assumes you're an ass because you choose options blatantly dooming someone to die, solely based on them having been part of a group that's bad. That also uses hypnotists, for example, to indoctrinate members. It's not a matter of dubious morality, you are just flatly being a terrible person to kill him versus spare him and just keep an eye on him. You don't have to be nice to him just for sparing his life. Using the logic of "why is the cult after him then" is also foolish because if anything that gives you reason to capture him/have him where you can find out why. If your enemies want something and you can take it, why wouldn't you? The enemy of your enemy may not be your friend (agree to disagree when you're fighting a chaotic-evil group like the cult) but if they're important enough that the cult wants to capture him, why would you allow the cult to do so? Saving him puts him strictly under the watchful eye of you and your party, safely out of their hands and entirely in yours.

If you want to be evil in a game, that's fine. But don't try to obfuscate/explain your morality away beyond you being immorally dubious/bad, particularly trying to paint lies or take the scene out of its entire context. Killing Quin only "looks smart" to people who aren't actually thinking anything over from a Roleplay perspective. Comical villain levels of bad guy.

And for what it's worth, being a bad guy (again) isn't the problem. It's a nice deflection to see people use the game's name to explain stupid-evil actions on the player's part versus logical evil that fits the demons' mantra. Can't corrupt what you kill, bro.
Like I get it, this is a moral conundrum and it really depends how you look at it. Sometimes inaction is itself an evil action. Just like helping someone is not always morally right.

But at same time, I do not think that taking the stance of us ignoring him is really such an evil act in itself. Like, sure, he is going to die. Like sure, having him by your side can certainly give you advantage in form of information he possesses.
But like, keeping an eye on him? Why? Why do I need to take care of him? Because he wants to save his ass for the mess that he himself helped to cause? How can we forgive him for being part of a group that is directly responsible for bringing us all in this mess to begin with? For kidnapping Caits sister and many people before that? He did not take action against cult until they started directly harming him. Unlike us who helped Cait for no apparent personal game. Which to me, at first glance, paints him as a selfish and more of a bad guy then us. How is us not helping a guy like that more evil then what he was doing until now? Hell, as I said we can not guarantee that he turned to good side. He could have just as easily changed from one dark side to another. He could be just putting up an act to get us to pity him. So helping him can also be seen as bad.

Like, am I supposed to forgive all that cult stuff because he said half assed sorry?

And comically evil? If we were really that comically evil as you imply we would have killed him ourselves. That way no one gets information or use out of him. Problem solved! We also would not helped him at the beginning, even if it was temporarily.

Again, the reason I chose that option because I like to play as an evil character. But that does not mean everyone else did.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drazzin

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Yeah I checked and it was not literally in his last moments but in his second to last momemnts on this forsaken soil. He was considering attacking you the first time you politely, and I QUOTE, to "fuck off".

-"What!?" The taeleer man scowls and clenches his hands into fists. At first, it seems like Quintillus is going to hit you... until his anger vanishes and replaces with unease.-

So yeah, I am somewhat in the wrong because I did present my information in wrong order. But I feel like since those two things happened so close to one another, him thinking to attack you and begging for his life, that reasons behind my liking of the scene still flows through my text.

But in the end, he did consider attacking us so we are both wrong.

And besides, rest of my comment is true. He begs you, pleads with you to save his life. And once he sees that he is not getting to you, he accepts his fate. Not before giving you one last remark, on how you are dooming him. Which is just icing on the cake.

Now on to us not helping him and thus being a monster.
I mean, he did join the cult on his own volition. And all of our dealings with them show us that they are up to no good. So trusting him is a tael(eer) order. Him being enemy of our enemy does not automatically make him our ally.
So us taking him in could still be viewed as a dumb move since we have no reason to believe that he is a goid/trust worthy person.

Sure he is chased by the cult but we do not know the why. How do we know that it was done out of goodness of his heart and not because of some selfish/self presenting motivations?
So are those not the reasons why game does not force him on us?

While I think that all reasons I present above are more then valid for you to consider if you want to help him or not. But game does not. It thinks that only reason behind your decision of not saving him is because you are an ass. Which Is why I personally do it, but that is besides the point.

So can you blame for playing up my evil act? Especially for purposes of my comment. If game thinks that is only way for it to justify your action, why not revel in it?
At the end of the day, I just enjoy doing/morally dubious acts. I did this specific one because I role played as character that did it. And his reactions made it all that much better.

And before you go and question my humanity. First this is a game. Second, it gives you that option. And thirdly, the game is called Corruption of Champions 2. I know, hard to remember.This kind of things should be expected in a game with that name.

Edit: Still, I am confused by part of your comment? What am I trying to justify myself? I did it because it is apparently evil. You think it is evil. What is the problem here.
Like I get it, this is a moral conundrum and it really depends how you look at it. Sometimes inaction is itself an evil action. Just like helping someone is not always morally right.

But at same time, I do not think that taking the stance of us ignoring him is really such an evil act in itself. Like, sure, he is going to die. Like sure, having him by your side can certainly give you advantage in form of information he possesses. But like, keeping an eye on him? Why? Why do I need to take care of him? Because he wants to save his ass for the mess that he himself helped to cause? How can we forgive him for being part of a group that is directly responsible for bringing us all in that mess to begin with? For kidnapping Caits sister and many people before that. He did not take action against cult until they started directly harming him. Unlike us who helped Cait for no apparent personal game. Which to me, at first glance, paints him as a selfish and as bad guy more then us. How is us not helping a guy like that more evil then what he was doing until now? Hell, as I said we can not guarantee that he turned to good side. He could have just as easily changed from one dark side to another. So helping him can also be seen as bad.

Like, am I supposed to forgive all that cult stuff because he said half assed sorry?

And comically evil? If we were really that comically evil as you imply we would have killed him ourselves. That way no one gets information or use of him. Problem solved! We also would not helped him at the beginning, even if it was temporarily.

Again, the reason I chose that option because I like to play as an evil character. But that does not mean everyone else did.
Sooooo where does all this, coorelate with

Now on to the topic of this thread. I like Quin. He is a good boy.
This? Do you like Quin or not?

Btw the comedically evil one here is you, if your comment to start this hoohah is anything to go by, seeing as you're being edgy for the sake of playing some character being edgy.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Sooooo where does all this, coorelate with

This? Do you like Quin or not?

Btw the comedically evil one here is you, if your comment to start this hoohah is anything to go by, seeing as you're being edgy for the sake of playing some character being edgy.
Yea, I am. I am making the act that my character takes that of a comically evil one. I wrote my comment like that to express how comically evil my character can be. And I can act. Because I find playing any type of evil character fun. I am just arguing thar the act in itself is not inherently evil. It is my intentions behind it that make it as such.

And I love Quint as a friendly fuck buddy. Close to my favorite. Confident and playful in bed but pretty dorky out of it. I like that you need to work on his relationship as such. His sex scenes are fun even if he is a little to liberal with his use of magic. Cheating bastard. But I like that he has bottoming scenes for both where you get to be dominated and are in control.
I am probably never doing his relationship thing it since he is not best BF material.And not really into that open relationships in these types of game to begin with.

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
So confession time. Kiyoko's latest content has actually put me off the rest of the game. Just something about the best part of a year building up the relationship between her and the Champion, only to get hit with that whammy. Sure, there's more content to the game, but considering how involved her content can be, Kiyoko has put me off the game.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
So confession time. Kiyoko's latest content has actually put me off the rest of the game. Just something about the best part of a year building up the relationship between her and the Champion, only to get hit with that whammy. Sure, there's more content to the game, but considering how involved her content can be, Kiyoko has put me off the game.
Is it that scene where she says you will have no input in raising your children? I am personally fine with it since besides Kinu, never cared for rest of the bastards to begin with. But I can see how it can be hurtful for her to basically reduce you to essence factory.

Magenta Needle

Feb 23, 2021
France
Ever heard of spoilers ?

Reactions: Paradox01

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015

Sorry that it happened, but it is how it is, unless you want her to lie to you. They are a matriarchal society, you are in the paternal role; unless you're in direct imperial lineage, when it comes down to it when push comes to shove you get absolutely no say in how the household is run and how the familial marriage alliances are made. This is not something that has been hidden and has been in their codex for roughly 2 years now. The modern Japanese salaryman who comes home, hands over his salary to his wife and then receives an allowance is a meme, but it's a meme for a reason.

I don't indulge in false choices, and rather than give you the illusion of choice where the same thing happens no matter what you say or each option is met with a "but thou must!", I'm just telling it as it is. Neither am I going to write a whole narrative where you can object to the engagement and call it off, which would be a triple dose of work for me. If it's any comfort, she didn't do it out of any malice, but that is simply the way how things are done, how her mother did it, how her grandmother did it, and ad infinitum. You have a cross-cultural relationship, these things happen; the champion doesn't know how things are handled, so she took care of it as was expected of someone of her station.

People asked how Kinu can be engaged roughly a week or two after being let out, so I told them. Like Sanders says, don't ask questions you're not prepared to receive the answers to.

Last edited:

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Like Sanders says, don't ask questions you're not prepared to receive the answers to.

Technically quoting yourself there. Also, I'd like to point out that, yeah whilst it can be said that it's a player's fault for not reading the Codex entries in depth enough - it doesn't change the fact that the revelation is no less "sudden" if I'm not phrasing too poorly here. I feel as if I got served an answer to a question I hadn't fully formulated - although as I said - that's probably my own fault.

That I'd say is largely attributed to the difference between in how the PC interacts with their family in the Astral Plane and post-Astral Plane. One could argue the signs were there, with how things were panning out in the Astral Plane - but how they turn out in the end did definitely feel like a bit of a "blind side" or maybe that's just willful ignorance / wishful thinking it'd be different on my part.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Sorry that it happened, but it is how it is,
It is what it is and I wouldn't ask you to change that. Its a testament to your ability to a writer that you've created such an engaging character that people can get that invested in her.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017

Ngl, that's the same reason why i quit playing over 6 months ago. In all honesty though, my character (and myself tbh) is completely fine with the whole cultural difference thing. And that is because there's a literal demon that wants to conquer the world. Kiyoko taking care of everything if anything, HELPS the champion. The only thing that bothers me is getting slapped around like a ragdoll.

Kinu wants to marry or whatever? alright, go at it gurl, luh yah lots

Kiyoko's the one running everything while champs out there doing the killing and the world saving so the family can be at relative peace? alrighty, okay with that too

I just want to stop feeling like a ragdoll when going through that content... rant over, sorry about that.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
That I'd say is largely attributed to the difference between in how the PC interacts with their family in the Astral Plane and post-Astral Plane. One could argue the signs were there, with how things were panning out in the Astral Plane - but how they turn out in the end did definitely feel like a bit of a "blind side" or maybe that's just willful ignorance / wishful thinking it'd be different on my part.

You can still do almost everything you did before; almost all of the scenes are brought over with adequate adjustments. You can still give her gifts, and get given things back. The only difference is that one version of Kinu will not allow you to touch her face, and the other her tails, because the former makes her uncomfortable and the latter amounts to wanting to sexually grope your daughter. That's it.

People claiming that one didn't have any input on how one's daughter is raised is blatantly false, given the two completely different personalities she can take that are a direct result of your actions and choices as a player. If I'd the time I'd do all the named children, but I don't, and it's full NPC or bust. Did I deliberately mask several choices by making them between a virtue and a virtue? Why yes it's a leaf I took from the gypsy's choices all the way back in Ultima.

And after she's an adult? Yes, that period of time for your input is over, and for you to see the effects of your care (or not) on her. Do you still have agency as a player? Yes, in her shoes. As a character? No, that formative period of her life is over.

You feel sad, perhaps, confused. Maybe a loss of identity in that someone is no longer dependent upon you and how that defines your role and relationship. Welcome to parenthood when your kids grow up.

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
You can still do almost everything you did before; almost all of the scenes are brought over with adequate adjustments. You can still give her gifts, and get given things back. The only difference is that one version of Kinu will not allow you to touch her face, and the other her tails, because the former makes her uncomfortable and the latter amounts to wanting to sexually grope your daughter. That's it.

People claiming that one didn't have any input on how one's daughter is raised is blatantly false, given the two completely different personalities she can take that are a direct result of your actions and choices as a player. If I'd the time I'd do all the named children, but I don't, and it's full NPC or bust. Did I deliberately mask several choices by making them between a virtue and a virtue? Why yes it's a leaf I took from the gypsy's choices all the way back in Ultima.

And after she's an adult? Yes, that period of time for your input is over, and for you to see the effects of your care (or not) on her. Do you still have agency as a player? Yes, in her shoes. As a character? No, that formative period of her life is over.

You feel sad, perhaps, confused. Maybe a loss of identity in that someone is no longer dependent upon you and how that defines your role and relationship. Welcome to parenthood when your kids grow up.

Right, well I've seen a lot of this before (as well as this specific response to an extent), so I should of known not to go down this rabbit hole. My thoughts, as mentioned prior (although one would probably need to read the thread and posts I'm responding to on the thread for more context) are here and here. I do appreciate your response though, whilst it might not change my stance significantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Violyn and Emerald

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Sorry that it happened, but it is how it is, unless you want her to lie to you. They are a matriarchal society, you are in the paternal role; unless you're in direct imperial lineage, when it comes down to it when push comes to shove you get absolutely no say in how the household is run and how the familial marriage alliances are made. This is not something that has been hidden and has been in their codex for roughly 2 years now. The modern Japanese salaryman who comes home, hands over his salary to his wife and then receives an allowance is a meme, but it's a meme for a reason.

I don't indulge in false choices, and rather than give you the illusion of choice where the same thing happens no matter what you say or each option is met with a "but thou must!", I'm just telling it as it is. Neither am I going to write a whole narrative where you can object to the engagement and call it off, which would be a triple dose of work for me. If it's any comfort, she didn't do it out of any malice, but that is simply the way how things are done, how her mother did it, how her grandmother did it, and ad infinitum. You have a cross-cultural relationship, these things happen; the champion doesn't know how things are handled, so she took care of it as was expected of someone of her station.

People asked how Kinu can be engaged roughly a week or two after being let out, so I told them. Like Sanders says, don't ask questions you're not prepared to receive the answers to.
Well besides the whole "cultural differences" thing. The Champion has been absent for the vast majority of Kinu's life. I think it'd be strange if they did have a say in who she marries. Kind of like an absent father. In the champions case, unwillingly absent.

Also, don't most people in western culture not have a say in who their kids marry anyways? I've got non-western origins so it's different for me, but I assumed most of you would have western origins i.e. USA, Canada, Western Europe.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Everyoone here throwing big brain takes on validity of Kiyokos/Kinus claim. While I am still waiting for them to show me enough decency to call me Mom/Mother in over half of their scenes.

TrustworthyTraitor

Aug 16, 2020
Everyoone here throwing big brain takes on validity of Kiyokos/Kinus claim. While I am still waiting for them to show me enough decency to call me Mom/Mother in over half of their scenes.
Why would either of them call you mother tho? You didnt push out Kinu from between your legs so (atleast to me) it doesn't have any sense from technical standpoint.

Reactions: Paradox01