Bubble's CoC2 Hub

What would you prefer I work on after Sugo's submission/approval?

• Sugo's Expack: U Go 4 Sugo - Caparison Quest (small CYOA quest + 1 scene for Sugo)

• Unnamed Fairy Male: Size-Fetishes and Old Forest Encounter

• Marked Merk Mercenaries: An early multi-typed set of combat encounters, with two unique NPC leaders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gabranth

Apr 26, 2023
I think it's safe to assume by now that he's not coming back.
It's been way too long.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Does anyone know if this means someone will take over for Quin or will he get the Berwyn treatment?
What?! Give him some boobs and get rid of that unwieldy penis?
I mean... if we have to... For the good of the game.

But doubtful.

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
Man, RIP like 10 different characters, but yeah, I'm mostly curious about what's gonna happen to Quin too. Writing him out the way Berwyn was probably wouldn't look good, considering he's one of two remaining male companions, but boy are SavCo's options limited here. Considering we're not really close to the end of the game, maybe waiting it out another year and just praying BubbleLord comes back might be the best temporary solution.

Reactions: MellowNumel

D'Angelo

Nov 20, 2020
I would like to turn Quin into a girl, that way I could actually have some interest in the character. And I quite liked Bs work for Wynne and Matiha. So him getting the "Berwyn treatment" sounds like the best idea I've heard all day.
Yeah, I know not every content must appeal to me, and I recognize there are male lovers in the fan base who wouldn't like that, so I'm not requesting it. Just saying, in the event that they decide this is the way the character is to be handled, I will probably like the result.

Bluebird42

Jan 5, 2021
I would like to turn Quin into a girl, that way I could actually have some interest in the character. And I quite liked Bs work for Wynne and Matiha. So him getting the "Berwyn treatment" sounds like the best idea I've heard all day.
Yeah, I know not every content must appeal to me, and I recognize there are male lovers in the fan base who wouldn't like that, so I'm not requesting it. Just saying, in the event that they decide this is the way the character is to be handled, I will probably like the result.
Savin has confirmed that not only is this not in the plans, it never will be.

Gutts

Sep 19, 2016
As much as I hate to say it maybe Quinn should be given the Berwyn treatment and be turned into an NPC. If Bubble is MIA then at least it would save having other writers having to make content for characters they have no interest in. And saves the game from having a companion with no future content

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Joking aside, where I'd turn Quin into a cute bunny girl (I have Sariel and Byvernia), I think Quin has enough story and personality to stand on his own as a companion.
There's enough there for a writer to be able to have him comment or react in their scene. Any larger content would likely take more scrutiny but I think that would always be the case for a companion NPC.
I don't think he needs to be sidelined, but only my opinion.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
I think it depends on whether they can find someone dedicated enough to tackle content for him, that wouldn't also disappear. I think Quin has just about as much content as companion Berwyn had. Problem is, companions are a lot of work and we can't expect those at the top to take more than one companion. I'd hate to take another male companion from the player base (I don't care for him, but I understand why some do), but honestly I'd rather see him get a big interesting expansion and turn into a follower type or something similar to Berry, than have no one work on him and stay pretty much incomplete.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
I think it depends on whether they can find someone dedicated enough to tackle content for him, that wouldn't also disappear. I think Quin has just about as much content as companion Berwyn had. Problem is, companions are a lot of work and we can't expect those at the top to take more than one companion. I'd hate to take another male companion from the player base (I don't care for him, but I understand why some do), but honestly I'd rather see him get a big interesting expansion and turn into a follower type or something similar to Berry, than have no one work on him and stay pretty much incomplete.
Nah, at this point Quin has a little more. Berwyn and him have one quest each (pre-Mathia Quest 2 I mean) and Quin also has a sidequest to get his hopknight set.

The main problem I can see is that Bubble didn't leave enough info on where Quin was going as a character.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Just make him bottom and everyone is happy. And by everyone I mean me, but is that not the most important thing?

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
I mostly wanted to start a statue collection. Was interested to see what other enemies we could petrify or if there were ones you could miss without him in party.