Adventures in Mareth

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Rebecca walked over to stand beside Iona. "This might help," she said, as she snapped her fingers, and her hand was sheathed in bright light, illuminating part of the tunnel.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
"Ho ,Sure" He walks to be in front of the group and continues ahead "everyone please try to stay close. If you see anything interesting please tell the others."

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The tunnel goes down into the dark embrace of the earth and there is no sign of life

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Zahir nods "I think this probably just lead outside from how far out it seems" He turns around "ok everyone, back we go" he leads the group back and once back in the room he opens the door to the other side of the room.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
(Since you said on the other side I assume you mean the south door) Beyond the door is a corridor. Walking around 40 feet down it you find that a rift opens here, Its debris strewn floor two feet below that of the corridor. No phosphorescent fungus grows in the rift. The corridor does continue pass the rift though the opening of the rift caused it to shift 10 to the west. A number of two foot diameter holes riddle the floor of the rift. The smell of burnt earth hangs in the air. The rift itself goes south-west to the north-east.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Rebecca carefully picked her way over to the other side of the rift. Right about now she would kill for a pair of shoes.

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
Iona follows her allies into the darkness. It's clear she's getting less fond of the situation as they go deeper and deeper into the lair, shooting a glance over her small shoulder to the still sizzling remains of the rat in the distance.

"Why have they made such an awkward lair?" she mutters aloud. "If they have raised the dead to serve them, then they must be magicians of some power." she curls her hand into a fist. "It will be wonderful to crush them."

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *Follows close behind* "I honestly don't know what to make of this labyrinth. But I agree that going to such lengths is quite the achievement even if done inefficiently."

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"Whoever made this either really wanted to keep others out or just wanted to keep their minions on their toes" Solum says, slowly picking his way across the rift behind the others.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
As they pick their way down and across the rift they reach where the hall way begins again. Faded mosaic tiles decorate parts of the wall but most have fallen to the dust covered floor and shattered. At the end of the hall is a chamber and situated at the center of the chamber stands a slim rusted iron dragon statue the mouth is open and looks hollow.

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
The necromancer steps ahead, frowning as her eyes creep over the strange statue ahead of them. The girl walks towards it, pushing herself up onto her tip toes as she squints into the mouth of the thing.

"It seems my findings are correct." she muses. "They really do revere these reptiles."

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
"Aha!" cackles the gothic beauty as she reaches in to try and pluck out the bottle. "And what do we have here I do wonder?" she muses aloud as she reaches for her prize.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
She pulls out a bottle with one serving of a red liquid. She can feel the magic on it.

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
Iona tilts her head as she clasps her hands around this strange bottle and it's crimson fluid. "Everyone." She calls to the others, turning to face them. "Look upon what I have gleaned from the reptile." She holds up the bottle. "This elixer is somewhat magical, yet it was hidden within the jaws of a statue, but for what purpose?"

The girl holds the bottle out for others if they want to take it.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *Walks up to the necromancer and observes the bottle.* "Hmm?" (Wish to make a check)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
You know that anyone that drinks this potion will be able to breath fire.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *Rolls the bottle in her pawed hand and feels its warmth, then she uncorks the bottle and smells its contents. She corks it back and cringes as the smell is of strong chilly peppers. Her eyes water for a bit.*

"Incredible! This is a Potion of Dragon's Breath! I've never seen one fully made before."

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"So... an entire room to hold one potion?" asked Rebecca, aloud. "Not exactly a space saving strategy." As she spoke, she looked around the room. [Perception: 6. Well, crap.]

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
"Curious, a potion of fire breath?" She sweeps her hand up towards the statue. "Perhaps the followers of this religion sought to emulate these reptiles?" With that same hand she flicks her fingers in a dismissive gesture towards the potion. "How primitive, perhaps Zahir may treasure something like this." she titters as she looks around at her allies, silently doing a quick headcount.

"Dolum." she calls up before pointing ahead. "Take Zahir and look ahead, let us bring this incident to a resolution."

(Roll(1d20)+3:
9,+3
Total:12 , perception check)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
There is no way out but the way you came from. There is the third door back in the room with the bone boys and the rift did go on in two directions.

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
"Urgh, a dead end?" Iona huffs as she whirls around, her dark skirts fanning out around her slender legs.

"Back the way we came then, hurry along, shoo!" She flicks her hands at her allies. "The less time we spend in this waste, the better!"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Again, why a whole room for one potion?" Rebecca muttered allowed, but seeing no answer forthcoming she turned to head out of the room.