Adventures in Mareth

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
He nods. "I know that between the two doors we don't want to go through the door behind the wall"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Alright, door number two it is then," she said, heading back to the other room, and going over to try the doorknob.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
It opens and two goblins look over in surprise. "eh? did you order the hoe?" "Not today?"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Rebecca smiled at the two goblins, and licked her lips. "Oh, the other guards let me out for some fun, and I was wondering if you two would like to join the party," she said, as she slipped back through the doorway, giving her ass a good wiggle as she went. [Deception: 21, good roll.] Letting the door close behind her, she quickly jumped to the side and in a harsh whisper told her companions to get ready.
[I ready an action to blast the first goblin that comes through the door, and hope my allies do the same.]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As soon as the first goblin steps through the door. "Surprise, bitches!" cried Rebecca, as she loosed a bolt of fire at the first goblin.
[16 to hit, and 7 damage.]

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The first goblin falls down. Then her friends beat the other one over her head until she drops. (I love how the human is doing all this while everyone else is staring at a door)

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
(I was waiting for Zahir to open the door. Warriors go first! :p)

Iona folds her arms tightly and shifts her hips as she looks up to her allies. "So then, rebuke the dead is it? Perhaps I should knock?" The girl suddenly frowns...and a spectral claw rakes it's frosty talons down the front of the door!

(Casting the cantrip chill touch on the door. Knock knock!)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
How close are you to the door? Also his internet has been wonky lately)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Right in front of the door a blade swings down and back up. (Magic was right but wrong kind of spell. If only we had a cleric...)

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
The blade slices the air, just barely missing Iona. It is enough to shatter her stoic mask and make her hop back with a shriek of fright, clutching her hands close to her chest. "Stupid thing!" she hisses as it, quickly recapturing her noble nature. "Someone just blast the door down! Cursed traps!"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Gathering up whatever valuables the downed goblins have on them, Rebecca takes a look through the door, and examines the room the came from.
[11 Perception check.]

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The filth on the floor, stains on the walls, shabby hides, and fire pit attest to the years of use this room has seen at the hands of creatures unconcerned with hygiene. On the eastern side of the southern wall is a crudely mortared half-wall, complete with crenellations. Beyond that is a ten foot wide hall that is liberally strewn with sharp caltrops, around two hundred or so are on the ground

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Zahir was looking around the room more specifically at the dragon "Rebuke the dead" he thinks about it for a moment then look with wide eyes as Iona go knock at the door "no, wait!"
He moved to pull her way but would be too late, he sighs in relief as the trap missed her and pats her back to calm her "We already know this place is filled with traps you need to be careful ... you are still shaking go sit down for a bit"
he turns to Hikari " we need your divine magic but don't hit the door ,hit the dragon statue with it ,that should show the right way "

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
"I'm not shaking!" snaps the shuddering Necromancer. "Just...just deal with it!" She presses a hand to her face, trying to hide her shivering expression at nearly being caught by a great blade. The girl slinks to the back to the group, taking a moment to catch her thoughts.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *Is also startled greatly by the blade as she wasn't far from Iona when it reached for her. Her mace is clutched closely to her chest.*
"O-ok, I'll go try that.. Over there.."

*She tip-toes away from the door before standing before the diving dragon statue. She points her mace at the dragon and steadies her hands. She prays:

“Dear Goddess of Light and Love, Give me a sign from above. Steady my hand and guide my aim, Engulf this Dragon in your Sacred Flame!!"

*Her mace glows white hot and launches her Sacred Flame at the Dragon Statue*

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Rebecca climbs over the half-wall, then very carefully begins picking her way through the caltrops.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Nothing happens to the dragon statue...

Rebecca roll me an acrobatics

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: "I suppose that wasn't the dragon the door was referring to..."

*She takes position in front of the door, at the maximum distance her spell can reach away from the door.*

"Perhaps the dead that must be rebuked was here as I first anticipated. Goddess Marae don't let me become kitten ribbons."

*She points her mace at the door and recasts her cantrip.*

"“Dear Goddess of Light and Love, Send your flame from above. Unblock the way and purify this frame, Engulf this door in your Sacred Flame!!"

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
She makes it with only some nicks on her bare feet. The next room is empty with only a door to the east.

The door glows a ghostly blue and silently swings open.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *sees the door swing open and sighs with relief.*

"Thank Marae! Friends we can proceed. Would any like to take the lead?"

Last edited:

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
He looks a bit ashamed of himself when he asked Hikari to use her magic at the statue only for it to fail but was glad it worked at the door "sorry"
He walks up to the door and looks into the room "seems ok but let's walk by the side to avoid possible traps" walking by the side of the room he opens the door.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Five dusty sarcophagi, three to the north and two to the south, stand on end in this silent chamber. Each of the carved stone coffins resembles a noble elf in ceremonial robes. An altar, with images of dragons carved into its black obsidian, is set in the center of the west wall. A single candle burns brightly on the altar. Next to the candle are a small whistle and a crystal flask.