Adventures in Mareth

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
[Glad to be here.]

Rebecca stepped out of her cage, and stretched languidly before strutting over to the tiny lizard-men; kobalds, she believed they were called. Placing her hands on her hips, and looking down at the three of them, she said, "Okay, now, if I untie you boys, you're going to behave yourselves... right?"

[Persuasion check, 15.]

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
They look at each other before one looks up. "Depends...will you?"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Well, I won't try to fuck you silly. At least not before you buy me dinner," she replied, with a smirk.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
They look are confused. "What is buy?" The small man huffs. "And ya're gonna leave me here?"

Locke24

Dec 20, 2017
(i'm already confused as to how this has dragged on for a couple of months already)
(also can someone give me the gist of wtf is happening here)
(yes i am away there is a OOC thread but i'd like to know wtf i'm gonna get into if i do join)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Idioms aren't there thing. Good to know. "Just don't try anything stupid, and I won't have to blast you," she warned the kobolds as she reached down to untie them. Then, turning to regard the other prisoner, she gave him a look before asking, "And who are you?"

[What does this small man look like?]

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
(i'm already confused as to how this has dragged on for a couple of months already)
(also can someone give me the gist of wtf is happening here)
(yes i am away there is a OOC thread but i'd like to know wtf i'm gonna get into if i do join)

(Hello Locke24, it’s simple, we are a group of adventurers currently commissioned to helping a small kingdom of Kobolds during their time of war against goblins and other external threats.)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
(Indeed, also in game its been a few days. As to the months a combo of people dropping in and out and people liking the game)

The man would stand at only 3'7" were he able to. He wears faded green and brown shirt with leather pants. The man has green eyes and reddish brown hair and beard with pointed ears sticking out by the side of his head (a gome). "I'm Erky Timbers, an acolyte that tried to make a fortune but got caught by these green lasses. That was months ago! I'd be corrupted long ago If not fer my deity's blessings. Now you gonna let me out or what!?" The kobolds rub their bodies where the rope was tied.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
(correcting Alpha: the group is here to retrieve a fruit that is said to cure any alignment as well as double one endowments the one who sent us is named Kruppe. The kobolds are just something that happened and the group agreed to help while they were there)

Zahir licks his lips as he tastes the drink before stopping as he feels something weird in his ear followed by the laughing of everyone else "what is the problem?" he touches his ears and notice they have changed "dammit it was a transformative" he sighs and puts the drink "It could have been worse i guess so please stop laughing "

"And hi Iona,I have no idea where you have been but kinda of glad you didn't die ..."

He walks over the kobolds "another prisoner you say ? could you tell us where they are?" he asks the kobolds wondering if they knew where the prisoners were being kept

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
They shrug. "Where they keep the prisoners? We meet half way to trade or ransom prisoners"

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *comes back toward the Kobolds* "Can you show us the path you used when you heard about the prisoners? We may be able to track them from there."

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum slings his bow onto his back upon hearing Iona's voice echo through the halls before pulling himself into a standing position. He walks over to the kobolds and simply hangs back, letting the others ask their questions.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The kobolds nod and leads the party through their territory to an empty chamber that is home only to rat droppings, crumbled flagstones and stains. "This is where we meet." They point to the other end of the room at the door there. "Beyond that door is goblin territory."

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: "Excellent. Thanks for the directions. We'll take things from here. Keep well and may Marae shine her blessings upon your people."

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
Iona's pale lips lift in a small smirk. "I appreciate your concern Zahir. While you and Dolum were out chasing cats, I returned here to do some research." the vampire-like girl delicately crosses her slender ankles as she walks, the tick and click of her high heels sounding loudly off the stone floor. "I can understand languages of crude and stunted creatures." She sniffs. "I did find out some interesting little things while reading through their rubble over here."

Iona folds her arms. "Did you know that this entire place, was once a shrine to the worship of Dragons?" The pale one chuckles. "They revered them as if they were Gods. Curious."

As they follow the kobolds out, the Necromancer does a quick head count. Mighty Zahir, resolved Solum and faithful Hikari. Good. "Also, I found out that there was also a man entombed within here. A fiend who used sorceries that perverted and twisted the body. A transformative tyrant." Iona wrinkles her nose as they walk. "He must have commited some grave crimes, if he was buried alive."

When the group come to the end of kobold territory Iona casually dismisses the kobolds. "Leave the rescue to us. The greenskins will not have their way today."

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *ponders the words of Ionia, remembering the horrid beast from their previous encounter. Before they exit the doorway, Hikari turns to Ionia with a bit of renewed intrigue.*

"That monster.. we encountered him and were forced to exorcise him not too long ago. Now that I know his origin, I feel a bit more at ease knowing his soul no longer stains this plane of existence."

*Ionia's words seem to release the weight of curiosity that hung over her mind.*

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
"Oh? So you destroyed him then? A pity." Iona smirks sharply. "Perhaps we could have twisted some of his secrets out him before sending him to whatever Hell awaited him."

The Necromancer starts to walk ahead. "I dare say we should inflict true terror upon these goblin savages. They only seem to be bold when fighting beings as equally lowly as themselves." she nods over to the kobolds. "At least the kobolds have some sense of civility amongst them."

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *Hikari shakes her head. She matches Ionia's stride, her armor and weapons lightly jingle from her steps.*

"I'd have to respectfully disagree with you on both accounts, Iona. Anything learned from that creature would only prove to be trivial or distorted beyond belief. He wasn't even capable of speaking let alone interrogation. And nothing more magical than disfigurement from the looks of his form. Though he was buried with a few trinkets and scrolls. Oddly enough they were scrolls of clerical magic."

*Next she pulls out the pair of scrolls given to her by Zahir and showing them to Ionia. (Also we never split up the other gear from the coffin so was the dagger special in any capacity? Other wise I would show it to her as well.)*

"Secondly, I don't advise the use of fear. To me the goblins seem more practical than cowardly based on their actions. The same can be said for the Kobolds. I feel diplomacy would be more effective."

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
Iona nods as she listens, taking the scroll and scanning over it with her ruby eyes. (Roll to identify them? If people don't know what they are yet?)

"Most curious." The young Lady of Meredith replies. "Practical? They live in squalor, run around like half-naked savages, use poisoned weapons and keep trying to capture people, no doubt to try and sacrifice to some profane god." she snorts. "If I could, I would commission an entire regiment of soldiers to drive them out once and for all!"

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: "I admit to giving more credit to their "sensibility" than most would warrant.. However, it would be wise to remember that they are great pioneers of the art of alchemy. The likes no other race to my immediate knowledge has been shown to replicate, second only to demons. Surely there is some pharmaceutical potential worth exploring if they were to realign their priorities."

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
"Which is precisely why they should be brought to heel!" Iona clicks her own high heel on the ground. "What other worth do they bring to the world? All I have seen so far are idiot savages!" She points quickly over to a kobold. "You there! Kobold, what are your kind famous for?"

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *sighs at the porcelain girl and places a pawed hand on her shoulder.*

"You must not be so harsh. Its as I've said, with a simple realignment in priorities and motivation, they could easily be contributing members of society. But first we need to learn the reasons for their actions. From there perhaps we can work towards a better solution. I'm sure not all goblins are what you see them as."

Arikah

Feb 11, 2016
Iona looks back to Hikari with an 'I told you so' expression upon her pale face. "Tunnelling and mining." Iona paces around the little creature. "And why do the goblins have an edge over you? Can you not collapse their homes upon themselves?" Iona's ruby eyes fix upon the kobold. "They are craven cowards. Surely creatures who mine and dig often have the strength to overcome them in battle?"

Iona plucks at the kobold's thin arm with her fingers. "Or are you too weak?"

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Rebecca looks around the room for something to pry the gnomes cage open with; not wanting to spend all her magic in one go. She also keeps her eyes open for anything that the kobolds could use as weapons.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The bolds growl. "This place is sacred!" "Also if we go down we would end up in the druid's territory or worse. The UnderDark" They gulp.

The only things in the room was the iron the kobolds were tied to, some old bones, and corroded manacles.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Sorry, buddy," replied Rebecca. "But, I'll have to come back once I find the keys." With that, she made her way to the door of the room, and peeked through.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *She returns her glance with an unconvinced look, her patience for the arrogant domineering girl stretching ever more. She then turns to stand beside with the poor kobold.*

"You did research this place thoroughly Iona didn't you? You know these walls are devoted to their patrons, the Dragons. They therefore must leave in small caravans to scavenge and trade supplies from outside their cave dwelling which only houses so many of their people. Obviously the goblins have a numbers advantage as well as knowledge of outside terrain and the use of guerrilla tactics to harvest resources the moment the Kobolds attempt to travel long distances. They are suffocated by the bottleneck the goblins have grown proficient at securing."

Last edited: