Adventures in Mareth

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *claps as he lands next to them.* "Who knew we had an acrobat in our merry group. Well done sir."

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum dusts himself off before picking up his own pack. He simply grins at the praise and comments "Not much of an acrobat, just learned early on how to take a tumble" in response. Only the rigidness of his flared wings announces how much his leap truly terrified him.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *Her feline eyes roll across Solum's body seeing his wings standing erect. She steps up to him tentatively and places a soft hand on his arm. She slowly strokes it in an effort to sooth away the terror within. She speaks softly to Solum.* "Please.. next time use the safer option, though I do hope that your future "tumbles" will remain as fortunate as this one. Let us continue friend, we don't know what may lay before us next. Your courage may be called upon once more."

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Speaking of once more the group is now on the other side of the pit, so the only way out is up.

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
He pulls the rope down before going to the other side avoiding the spikes alongside the group "I think this is good enough" He ties one end of the rope around the middle of his staff and throws it up before trying to climb up it.
(d20+4=11)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
The staff isn't heavy enough to support his weight and slip back into the pit.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: "Um, I had thought we was going to leave the rope attached to the top.. that way we could just climb back up after we finished down here... Oh dear."

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
"no ,no I need it to help climb the other side ,I only brought one rope" He sighs "would someone help me boost up to the reach the top?"

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
"One boost coming up" Solum says before standing beside Zahir and crouching with his fingers interwoven for Zahir to stand upon.
(It is a nice pit but...)

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
(aww I was just about to furniture it too and make it even nicer XD)
Zahir smiles and nods "thanks Solum" He takes uses the boost to reach the top, he tries for a while failling sometimes (really, rolled like 3,3,1) and finally get a good grip (13+4= 17)
(I know I should wait for the result of each but lets get out of here XD)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
(Indeed) Zahir gets out and sees the room he's now in. Violet marble tiles cover the floor and walls, though all are cracked or broken, revealing rough-hewn stone beneath. Sconces are attached to the walls at each corner. One holds a torch that burns with greenish fire. A marble sarcophagus, easily nine feet long, lies in the room's center. The coffin is carved with dragon imagery, and the head of the sarcophagus resembles a dragon head. Rusting iron clasps firmly lock down the lid.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
(Sorry, had extra duties all week last week, Army BS)
Hikari: “What do you see up there?”

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Once on the top, he throws the rope down "why don't you come see for yourself" and help the others get up.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *chuckles as she climbs the rope* "I do hope the sight is at least pleasant. I've almost had my fill of caves."

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum starts climbing the rope after Hikari, simply nodding in silent agreement with her comment and focusing on not looking down.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *Looks around the room once she reaches the top* "Oh my, we've climbed into a tomb. No doubt its for someone important to the Kobolds." *She scans around the room looking for any sort of inscriptions to determine who the tomb belongs to. Also she searches to see if there are any recognizable treasures in the room.*

(Pharaohs are usually buried with their most prized treasures. Not sure if thats the vibe you're going for, so just to be clear, she's not looking to take anything. Only trying to determine the origin. Or instead should I do a knowledge check?)

dracomic

Aug 26, 2015
Zahir nods looking at the sarcophagus "I believe this is what is the last room in this path" he runs his hand over the carving and sighs "I don't like desecrating the dead but we came all the way here, if this is what I think it is it will be for the best" he attempted to remove the claps before pushing the thing open.
(Str roll: 2+4=6 -> 9+4=13 )

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
Each of the latches is rusty, they almost give but not enough to open the sarcophagus. Due to the state of the room most of the writing has been broken, and even if it wasn't she wouldn't know the language. There seems to be no treasure out in the open. (Roll religion if ya want)

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
You can't tell much but you can tell that this tomb doesn't to anyone important.

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: "Hmm, I'll have to agree with both your dispositions." *She looks to Solum and props her hands over the sarcophagus with Zahir.* "Let's help, get this open."

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum finishes climbing just in time to be greeted by Hikari suggesting they help Zahir open the sarcophagus. He looks at the clasps and chains with a moment of doubt before shrugging and likewise propping his hands on the lid.

Malice

Aug 26, 2015
In the coffin is a monster! It's dressed in rotted finery, but its jewelry ans rings adorned with tiny silver dragons still sparkle. The creature's body is shrunken and elongated, and its flesh is a rubbery, putrid green. Its black hair is long, thick, and ropy. Its bedy black eyes flash open and it snarls. (roll initiative)

AlphaKaiser

Oct 1, 2015
Hikari: *shrieks loudly and nearly jumps out of her skin as the monster rises from the dead. She launches herself backwards preparing her mace and shield. You can hear her hissing back at the undead monster as her great distaste for necromancy seem to take hold of her for a moment.* (1d20 = 4)

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum practically vaults back as the monster awakens before drawing his bow and snarling right back at the undead creature. (1d20+2 > 20)

Autobass

Oct 19, 2016
Solum mutters a rapid string of muted utterings of "knew it, knew it, knew it!" as he hastily takes two steps back, quickly nocking an arrow before taking aim towards the creature and loosing the projectile with a *twang* of the bowstring.
(attack roll: 1d20+4= 8, damage roll: 1d8+2= 8.)