A list of unrelated questions

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Is... is that real? Did I write that? I have absolutely no recollection of it.

I've been rummaging through her code to get a better understanding of her speech patterns and mannerisms for the xpack, yeah, when I found that it cracked me up.

Turns out Nova, for how small of a character she looks, she has nearly 200 pages of code and over 30k words.

there is a metric ton of behind the scenes, unique and variant dialog.

this.gooArmorInventoryRemove(armorItem);

break;

case "discard":

case "drop":

if(InShipInterior())

{

msg = msg + ParseText("<i>“Well, if you don’t have any place for me, I’ll just pack my things and go...”</i> [goo.name] materializes a faux suitcase and fills it with various self-created items, closes it, and cartoonishly stuffs the case between her cleavage. <i>“Have a nice day!”</i> she finishes as she leaps into the nearest trash chute and ejects herself out of your ship.");

She has unique dismiss text depending if you discard her in public, in your ship, in the wilderness, if you sell her, etc. There are tons and tons of variations on various different things (conversations, transformations, etc.). It's quite impressive.

for example there is a ton of dialog and comments if you put Nova in the storage. She keeps talking and talking to you (or herself) every-time you check the storage.

There's even a blurb for buying her from a vendor or replacing her for an item:

case "buy":

msg = msg + ParseText("<i>“Guess who’s baaack... It’s me, [goo.name]!”</i> Your gooey partner springs out and gives you a great big hug, excited about her return.");

break;

case "sell":

msg = msg + ParseText("<i>“O-oh... okay. I hope I was worth the price.”</i> [goo.name] looks at you with a wimper in her lips and watery eyes. When she notices your reaction, she tries to perk up before quickly disappearing with a final farewell, <i>“Goodbye now!”</i>");

break;

case "discard":

case "drop":

if(InShipInterior())

{

msg = msg + ParseText("<i>“Well, if you don’t have any place for me, I’ll just pack my things and go...”</i> [goo.name] materializes a faux suitcase and fills it with various self-created items, closes it, and cartoonishly stuffs the case between her cleavage. <i>“Have a nice day!”</i> she finishes as she leaps into the nearest trash chute and ejects herself out of your ship.");

}

else if(InPublicSpace())

{

msg = msg + ParseText("<i>“Out here? With all these people?”</i> [goo.name] appears very overwhelmed. <i>“Maybe I should make some new friends? Do any of them like blowjobs? I wonder...”</i> She continues thinking out loud to herself and disappears into the distance.");

}

else

{

msg = msg + ParseText("<i>“Out here? All alone? By myself?”</i> [goo.name] appears very scared at the thought. <i>“I-If you say so... I mean, I can make new friends... maybe?”</i> Saddened at losing a friend, she wanders off and disappears into the distance.");

}

break;

case "replace":

msg = msg + ParseText("<i>“No way! You wanna trade me for... for </i>that<i>?!”</i> [goo.name] exclaims. <i>“That’s like... like... argh!”</i> The goo is so flustered that she can barely come up with any more words. Giving up due to the futility of the situation, she just melts into a silver puddle and speeds off and away from you, never to be seen again.");

Last edited:

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Honestly, I'm surprised she doesn't put on a cartoonish hat to finish off the bit.

Xarit

Feb 19, 2019
this is probably a very stupid question but, are Sydian offspring not implemented? i had to do a good amount of sittings in Tarkus before being properly bred by a Sydian male and after all the waiting the babies were birthed as human (according to the dialogue and the nursery info), the Codex marks it as Sydian but yeah, there were no armored insect babies in that litter. i dont mind giving some human brothers and sisters to the only human offspring i have atm but yeah, wasnt the outcome i was expecting.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
this is probably a very stupid question but, are Sydian offspring not implemented? i had to do a good amount of sittings in Tarkus before being properly bred by a Sydian male and after all the waiting the babies were birthed as human (according to the dialogue and the nursery info), the Codex marks it as Sydian but yeah, there were no armored insect babies in that litter. i dont mind giving some human brothers and sisters to the only human offspring i have atm but yeah, wasnt the outcome i was expecting.
Sydians are mutated humans. Breeding with Sydians will produce human children.

SURPRISE! :toot:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I'm really weirded out by that, because the Nova is roughly as old as the ship that held the ancient New Texas population, so if they nodded themselves on purpose it should still produce mod-affected children like NT, and if they simply adapted to the environment through evolution then they would not have human babies. This also brings up what happens when Simii breed with humans, since technically they're the descendants of modded chimpanzees and didn't evolve that way like NT.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
but yeah, there were no armored insect babies in that litter. i dont mind giving some human brothers and sisters to the only human offspring i have atm but yeah, wasnt the outcome i was expecting.

What you're really missing out on are the super-rare "we copy and pasted code from Briha and forgot to change it for Zephyr"-kids

Children by Zephyr
* Five Children: 4 years, Human, 5 sons
- Having pale skin, and red chitin.
* Five Children: 4 years, Human, 2 sons, and 3 daughters
* Five Children: 4 years, Human, 4 sons, and 1 daughter

You should try discarding Nova inside your ship, she goes full cartoon, makes a goo suitcase, fills it with goo items and stores it in her cleavage before ejecting out of a chute.

HAHAHAH ...holy shit

H20_Mel0n

Feb 13, 2019
I wanted to ask how to name Sera's children. I spent most of the time in maternity and haven't got an option to name them, or to even see them in the nursery after they were born. Where are they?

Skylinegtr34

May 20, 2018
I wanted to ask how to name Sera's children. I spent most of the time in maternity and haven't got an option to name them, or to even see them in the nursery after they were born. Where are they?

It’s on the frist floor, right from the elevator, there’s gonna be an option to go down

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015

After Steele or Sera gives birth, Sera may randomly appear in the Tavros Station nursery's cafeteria between the times of 18:00 to 21:30. During this time, The Dark Chrysalis will be closed while she is there if it is still open. When approached, because Sera's children are unique, if Steele has any unnamed children with her, Sera will prompt Steele to name them.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
How do you access the Group Fuckin' option with Shizuya? It doesn't seem like any of my characters are able to do it and it doesn't look like there's anything stopping them. Everyone I've tried with already knows Anno, which seems to be the only qualifier for the scene, so I don't know what's wrong.

Edit: Also, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH WHOEVER WROTE THE SCENE WHERE ANNO GETS EVICTED?! I just tried it to see if that would change anything and got blindsided by the feels. You monsters.
Edit x2: Now I'm just evicting everyone left and right to see what happens and this is not okay.

Dunno. You might wanna peep Shizuya's content doc.

Probably Savin. I accidently hit the wrong key once, and I felt like a real jerk.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
@Nonesuch I didn't want to derail your thread with this question:
Is the Sydian Queen on Tarkus supposed to aggressively try to recruit Steele several times in a row out in the Rust Fields? I'm getting encounters one right after the other upwards of five times in a row.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
@Nonesuch I didn't want to derail your thread with this question:
Is the Sydian Queen on Tarkus supposed to aggressively try to recruit Steele several times in a row out in the Rust Fields? I'm getting encounters one right after the other upwards of five times in a row.

No, she should leave you alone for at least a few hours each time you encounter her. I'd be obliged if you put that into a bug report.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Dumb4cum

I've only had this proc naturally once. I have no idea how to consistently get this to trigger.

*edit* the moment I posted this it proc'd :catstare:

Last edited:
Reactions: SeriousBlueJewel

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
What's the codex entry between Leithan and Ovir and how to unlock it?

The wiki doesn't have it covered yet. :/

Xerox

Jul 27, 2018
How long is Ula's pregnancy time? Im waiting it out to do Wargii, and I dont wanna overshoot it massively.

Narmlet

Mar 8, 2019
Is there any way to get a tentacle in vag(no im not talking about those you get with shark mods) and if not then getting a genital slit?

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Is there any way to get a tentacle in vag(no im not talking about those you get with shark mods) and if not then getting a genital slit?
Ovir Ace or Positive can give you a genital slit, and I think that Vanae have tentacle vaginas, so try Sky Sap?

Narmlet

Mar 8, 2019
Ovir Ace or Positive can give you a genital slit, and I think that Vanae have tentacle vaginas, so try Sky Sap?
Vanae actually have,as written in game "feelers" and that's all good but I was thinking about it being a penis tentacle that goes out if pc(or tentacle) feels like it

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
Vanae actually have,as written in game "feelers" and that's all good but I was thinking about it being a penis tentacle that goes out if pc(or tentacle) feels like it
Ah, then you'll have to go with a tentacle dick in a slit. Not sure if there are any slit docking scenes either. Tentacle dicks should be Cerespirin from Gene, and probably something else I'm forgetting.

Oh, and be careful with savescumming, Terran Treats can remove slits and stuff.