0.60's Sketches

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I like the character drawings themselves. If you want some critique, I'd like to say that, though it's clear what you want to show, the level of details vary quite a bit from an element to another, even within the same drawing (e.g. Milly's hair as opposed to the face). Similarly, you're pretty good with perspectives, but there might be some elements that may not seem to mesh well with one another.

zero point sixty

May 7, 2016
London
Yeah, to be honest I'm mostly drawing faces like that because they're hard, I'm trying to work at it though. Honestly, Milly's hair is the way it is because I couldn't really think of another way of showing thin braids. I hadn't really thought about consistency of detail like that before, it's a good point. The perspective thing is tricky, I assume you mean like between Nevrie and her chair? I've only just started doing stuff with multiple elements as opposed to just single posing characters, so hopefully that will improve with practice.

Thanks!

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
You're welcome.

As for Nevrie, I was thinking about the desk: drawing wise, the desk is flawless and the kind one could see in a furniture book as a diagram, but it doesn't seem to go along Nevrie... and I swear that her breasts would stay pressed against the upper part :p Still, and as you said, I'm sure that will improve with practice.

zero point sixty

May 7, 2016
London
You're welcome.

As for Nevrie, I was thinking about the desk: drawing wise, the desk is flawless and the kind one could see in a furniture book as a diagram, but it doesn't seem to go along Nevrie... and I swear that her breasts would stay pressed against the upper part :p Still, and as you said, I'm sure that will improve with practice.

Actually, that one was intentional, I imagined she's lowered her chair and is slouched in preparation for what's about to happen.

Also, anyone who's ever worked a customer service desk will know that they rarely seem to have been designed for actual people :confused:

I know what you mean, though. It's also another example of a bit of a clash, since it looks kinda like it's half cartoon and half technical drawing.

zero point sixty

May 7, 2016
London
Good morning!

I wanted to dry drawing a character who was buff but not, like, amazonian. So, a fit female Ovir:
IMG_0335.jpg

And here's a character that's been bouncing round my head for a while, a kaithrit girl who's spent a long time with some more-friendly Venus Pitchers, and has gone a bit native. Also, she found a SynthSheath just lying around somewhere. What are the chances?
IMG_0342.jpg

Reactions: Servik

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
Its super great to see your art and to see you improving and working hard.
Can I recommend you focus more on proportions though? Is one of the most fundamental parts of figure drawing and I think it will help you a huge deal. :)
I have some good tutorials I can link you when I get back to my desktop if you'd like?

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
A bit? That saeri almost looks straight from some early or proto Renaissance work (I take it's the face and pose, though)!

Perhaps you should consider working on arms next time.

Reactions: Glassboy

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
I cannot for the life of me find the references for proportions I thought I had bookmarked.
I'm just going to drop a link to Doxy's tutorials. (If you don't know, Doxy created Zo'dee in TiTS and is a super talented artist.)
https://prismblush.com/tutorials/

Also here's a great site full of great references for women.
https://www.female-anatomy-for-artist.com/

You're already making huge improvements. The Saeri is pretty great. It looks like you used more construction lines there, did you?

zero point sixty

May 7, 2016
London
I'm just going to drop a link to Doxy's tutorials. (If you don't know, Doxy created Zo'dee in TiTS and is a super talented artist.)
https://prismblush.com/tutorials/
It looks like you used more construction lines there, did you?

Cheers, the references will be super-helpful too.

I've not been using more construction lines so much as taking a bit longer to measure and set them out.

Up next, 'spot the reference to a famous picture' with Jesse:
jesse.jpg

Reactions: Nonesuch and n666

Glassboy

Sep 6, 2015
Ireland
Correct! That it was a sorta-obscure CoC character was why I thought it might not be obvious : |
Haha! Your only mistake was vastly underestimating my obsession with futa horsecock. Loppe is my favourite CoC character. :p

Sure, specifically for TiTS/CoC characters or would you draw an OC™?