Sagas of Nysa (D&D RP for 3)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"As tempting as it is to stick around for a while, there is something of a clock ticking for us. So, if we could get directions to this Sidhe Fest, we'll be on our way and let you folks get back to business," explained Tori.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Oh that'd be easy, you just keep goin east, like till you hit the ocean, big town colorful flags, cant miss it."
He says.
[Your pretty sure he's referring to the large settlement you scouted out first, its several days back the way you came and you are running low on rations]
"Oh and uh hey, if you happen to see Belle's sister around, do us a favor and don't mention what we was doin, we'd real apursheate that, OK see you around! ya'll take care now you hear?
He says with a toothy grin.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"What, is something about you two having a fun time? Doing it in public might be a little... off-putting to some, but otherwise I can't quite see the issue." Alex chimes in.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Oh no, my sister's just a bitch"
Belle chimes in,
"And a racist"
Eustace mutters under his breath
"She doesn't like it when I fool around with Eustace, that's why I was so flustered when you found us"
Belle replied.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Ra-cist?" Alexandra asks, confused. "I'm sorry, I don't know what that word means. I know what a bitch is, but not what that is..."

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Ray-sist, spee-schist, I don't know, but she ain't fonda me and mine none"
Eustace said disgruntled.
"Audrey just doesn't have a very high opinion of Saytrs is all, says I'm 'breeding below my class'"
Belle added.

Last edited:

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"That sounds horrible! I guess the traders that used to visit us also got a little bit of mocking... mostly because they were small or short or spindly. Don't think it ever went *that* far, however..." She ponders, tapping her chin.

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
"Yeah she's just bossy like that, I wouldn't worry about it too much if I was you. I always tell her we're free to love who we want, long as we ain't ruinin no one's good time, thems just the rules."
Belle said.

Last edited:

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
"Well, thank you for your time, and the directions. Come on, Alex, we've got ground to cover," said Tori, as she turned to leave.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Yeah... we better go. It was nice meeting you two!" She says, and waves goodbye to the pair before departing with Tori.

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Asher's face brightened at the thought of a silent mission he never was much of a confrontational bunny even though his skill with a blade was formidable. He glanced at the map as he pondered the things that may prove to be troublesome in this task, "If these gnolls are smart they would have double the lookouts especially seeing as they suffered such a loss when they last attacked here so observing there actions may be tricky.." Asher said sorta to himself aloud as he peered around the map trying to figure a sort of blind spot that they could travel but to no avail. He sighed as his ears drooped before speaking "Well I've never actually dealt with gnolls during my time alone but we should be fine if we keep our distance.." Asher said rubbing his chin in thought.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Realizing that time was against them, Tori decided that the time had come to turn back. At least they had found that there was some semblance of civilization out in the wider world, and the locals had proven friendlier than she had expected. Unless something pretty amazing had happened back at the village, she had a pretty good idea of where the tanooki would be heading.

Last edited:

AubreyC

Mar 26, 2016
"And I am Agatha, lost Immolator," he said with a warm goofy smile. It became evident why he was smiling like that for as soon as he finished the introduction he let his orange reptilian slip between his lips and he let it wag quickly up and down. Though Agatha could use the member to taste smells in the air he was using it now just to be goofy. Perhaps it would help this Kaelys relax more around him. Agatha was no stranger to people being nervous or apprehensive around him. It was difficult for him to understand the reasoning when he first ran from the ruined cult he had once been apart of. But he soon realized they were nervous of the flames he could call upon. He turned his attention to Asher and considered the map. "I would suggest going at night," he began "but if we get into a fight I can't be discreet with my flames. Also, night may be a Gnolls active hours. Hmm.." Agatha had studied the Gnolls very little when sneaky passed them before arriving at the village. He knew just enough to not get caught while traveling alone. He looked to both of his companions in turn. "Can anyone set a trap perhaps? I fancy taking one of them as prisoner and questioning them back at the village."

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
Tori and Alex___________
[I'm sorry maybe I wasn't clear, the journey has been brutal (on the group) and you are almost out of rations. You don't have enough provisions to just 'turn back around' and even if you did you don't have the time. If you aren't back at the village by the first frost they are going to presume you dead and act accordingly. Now if your really dead set on getting back there you and Alex can roll to undertake a perilous journey otherwise you will need to reunite the party and act on what you have learned.]

Kaelys, Asher, & Agatha________

[Might I recommend a roll to defy danger (from being spotted) and a roll to discern realities. Alternately if Kae shapeshifts into a bird she can skip the danger roll.]

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Tori... I think we need to forage as much as possible on our way back. And I do not know how well your charges will fare... I think bringing them on this was a big mistake... Sophie is completely out of her depth, and I'm afraid she can't march on an empty stomach... much less when it turns colder." She says to Tori with a glum expression, after going over their rations. "Do you suggest we hunker down in Sidhé lands until then, or do we absolutely need to get back to the village?"

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[Now so we are clear, when we say 'turn back' I assume you mean to the village? Cause I think Wo and I aren't clear. But yes returning to tanuki village will not require a roll on your parts. And you both aught to arrive shortly after the other group's scouting run.]

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
[I was confused as hell, too. Thanks for clearing that up. The way I read that, I thought we were basically out of rations, and had to roll just to get home.]

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
When the day started to end and the moon started to rise in the sky, Kae finished her preparations. She would be scouring the skies for any clues that the village might be in trouble and if possible, she would also keep an eye on the other two scouts. "Seriously... try not to get spotted. I'm not in shape to be fighting but if things go bad, let out a loud whistle and I'll come." She said to the pair before she started, feet after feet, running and as she reached a certain velocity she jumped. As her body went up it her shape also began to change, her volume decreasing exponentially and her arms changing into large wingspan with her feet becoming powerful talons. What was once Kaelys was now a huge eagle taking to the sky.

[Discern realities 12, What is about to happen? What should I be on the lookout for? What here is not what it appears to be?]

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[ In the zones surrounding the village,
What is about to happen: the gnolls in the camp to the south have rebuilt and added another bunk house for more soldiers. They are very clearly poised for an attack and soon.
What to be on the lookout for: in addition to a nasty looking compliment of Naga archers in the camp, it appears some kind of hillgiant or troll has taken up residence in the old deamon cave east of the village.
What is not as it appears: everything here is as it appears to be.]

AubreyC

Mar 26, 2016
[Would it be possible for Agatha to spend some of this time meant for scouting to reinforce some of the village's defenses?]

Aphroditus Dionysus

Jun 1, 2016
[You could try and do that instead, but the village's defenses consisted of illusion magic, and that's it really. No wall or anything. Also that wouldn't really require a roll since it doesn't fit in with any move I can think of. Let us assume you help to the best of your capacity and the following day or so Tori and Alex return to the village.]

Kei

Aug 29, 2015
Just after Tori and her group arrived back from their expedition, Kae called for a meeting at the elder's house. It didn't took her long to explain what she had seen the previous day adding with as many details as she could the reinforcements the gnoll forces had received and how they seemed rather ready to march for battle.

"One thing struck me as particularly interesting. Something rather large and bulky, some kind of demi-human or humanoid creature seems to have taken over the cave where we fought that tentacle daemon. I think we should investigate it. If it's friendly, we might be able to recruit a valuable ally and if it's not... then we could lure whatever that is towards the gnoll troops. I bet something that large would make quite a commotion and maybe even our odds a little should it come to a fight."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Hahaha!" Alexandra bursts out. "I like how you're thinking, Kaelys! Let that thing run rampant and wreak havoc among the gnolls, then we can cut into their disorganised mob!" She grins, slamming her fist on the table. "It will be glorious to both witness and partake in. Finally, a battle against a real enemy, instead of fighting for sport!"

Keelat

Nov 4, 2016
Asher shivers at the thought and speaks up "W-well that'd be great and all but what if that backfires? I would hate for one of us to get hurt...or even worse by whatever is in that cave.." Asher says his ears drooping a bit. He didn't want to sound like the "Debbie Downer" of the conversation but he wanted that thought to linger in the heads of those he would be traveling with, "I'm all for figuring out whats in the cave but is it really justice to unleash it against the gnolls...I know what the majority of them did was terrible...but they can't all but awful folk right..?" Asher asked sounding a bit too hopeful before clearing his throat and speaking against his own words "But I guess that's just me giving them the benefit of the doubt" He says quietly.