Another Living Armor

Lord Lodestar

Sep 24, 2016
Why not make the detrimental effect a sexy one, then? Like instead of forcing the paternal/maternal urge onto the player, which borderlines on mindfuckery that tentacle egg monster does, the suit will communicate its needs and the player will react based on their Alignment and/or the current value of a compatibility score of some sort, if you'll decide to implement such system. On top of those messages, the symbiot will also stimulate the arousal as well as the size and productivity of the parts that produce its sustenance.

I like this suggestion. Probably works a little better if the creature has to at least stay in your inventory if it's unequipped. Part of the initial bonding comes with the creature establishing a psychic link with the PC, but I think having it communicate over interplanetary distances might be a stretch for a lot of people. Unless people wanna handwave their two-way Charles Xavier/Jean Grey tier telepath :D

Idea: The tentasuit has a trust variable.  It raises when in use, raises when sexed, but has a limit per day it can be raised.  Trust deteriorates when not in use.  Quickly if no surrogate is used, less quickly if you use a surrogate to keep the armor taken care of (maybe nursery?)  Half of it's base leveled armor is trust dependent, and its ability to receive any particular perk requires its trust to be above a threshold.  Also, unhelmeted and exposed require trust to be not horrible. 

I had a trust variable thing in mind for the helmetless and revealing forms for sure, but I actually really like the idea that the trust value would having some bearing on armor value. I'll have to keep that in mind. 

In the event that I decide your loveable biosuit can be taken out of your inventory at all now, the Nursery would be the best possible place. At least there, one could assume it's being properly taken care of, as much as I'd like to think the crew might try and help out. I'd have its trust decrease faster when out of inventory due to not being around. Like "Mom/Dad's out wherever and I dunno if they're ever gonna come back".

Actually I say go for something detrimental. To an extent. The treatment has oblivious pros and cons but before you can even use it you have to read what it does, giving players an insight to decide if they really want to go throughout with it. So for the symbiote there could be text, a warning, something to indicate that the player is making a big decision.

Oh, for sure. I don't intend to have the PC not have some reservations about letting some strange creature enter their body. Might be a time to throw in a funny blurb if you accepted the crabkids. I guess with that in mind, I'm not as opposed to detriments, as long as I can come up with something fair.

OK so first to kick of with main idea. Yeah organic armor instead inorganic one we got already in form of Nova. Yes it's something worth to have. As for it keeping up up to date...goddamit bacon if it alive and looks like cross of venom symbiote and especialy with been inspired on guyver it could and in fact SHOULD be able to undergone ala zerg like hyperevolutions to be able handle face new threats like... keep stronger enemies PC would fighting with game progress. And sometimes just for other reasons some "accidental" evolutions not forced by stronger enemies but due to PC finding stuff that can help mutate it in specific direction (like Nova after fight in Tavira Palace goo incubator or hopefully incoming soon uveto dungeon).

I had considered some level of adaptive evolution just due to the Guyver influence. For example, the creature might learn some kind of cloaking technique if you wear it while fighting the Vanae.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Heh well that would kinda of pale long distant cousin of Guyver then with such limited adaptability :p (Ok that was meant to be joke I suppose)

I think comming with some good example of adapting suit due to exposure to some things may req. some planning. But it shold give good results. Still probably may not been on scale like Guyver but who knows... maybe you would write it would be like lewd version of Guyver with it highly adaptive ability. Which in turn may be lil hard on coders to handle it.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
One thing this sorta reminds me of is the fusion suit from Metroid: Fusion.  Maybe in the final few planets, it might gain the Power Armor flag due to the stacking of armorization perks making it more and more battle-worthy. 

One suggestion:Maybe it could follow suit after Nova by being able to draw inspiration from many creatures to gain additional effects.  Two ideas along that line is being able to copy the Zil's honey to be able to produce a energy restoring drink, and being able to copy the frostwyrm's scales for additional armor and frost resist.  Perhaps it might even gain Psionics eventually.  (but lets not go into Psionics at this point)

Perhaps it could even copy traits from the PC directly, as a alternative to hunting opponents that specific traits. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
See how excited we get someone says they're maybe considering writing an idea?

K

Krynh

I do look forward to the Google Doc, so that this turns from an idea into something tangible,

Lord Lodestar

Sep 24, 2016
If you need any help, I am an expert in the field of Tentanetic Enchantments.

If I run into any roadblocks, I might just give you a holler.

Heh well that would kinda of pale long distant cousin of Guyver then with such limited adaptability :p (Ok that was meant to be joke I suppose)

I think comming with some good example of adapting suit due to exposure to some things may req. some planning. But it shold give good results. Still probably may not been on scale like Guyver but who knows... maybe you would write it would be like lewd version of Guyver with it highly adaptive ability. Which in turn may be lil hard on coders to handle it.

The Guyver itself is pretty damn nuts. Enough that an actual Guyver unit by end of series could wreck most, if not everything in the TiTSverse in a direct confrontation. Best believe I wanna work in some HF Blades, though.

Ultimately, some stuff is gonna have to wait until an expansion. Just gonna have to get at least the base content out first.

One thing this sorta reminds me of is the fusion suit from Metroid: Fusion.  Maybe in the final few planets, it might gain the Power Armor flag due to the stacking of armorization perks making it more and more battle-worthy. 

One suggestion:Maybe it could follow suit after Nova by being able to draw inspiration from many creatures to gain additional effects.  Two ideas along that line is being able to copy the Zil's honey to be able to produce a energy restoring drink, and being able to copy the frostwyrm's scales for additional armor and frost resist.  Perhaps it might even gain Psionics eventually.  (but lets not go into Psionics at this point)

Perhaps it could even copy traits from the PC directly, as a alternative to hunting opponents that specific traits. 

Shout-outs to Metroid Fusion :D

The main thing I don't wanna run into is having the suit Megaman enough abilities that it ends up being broken. 

Zavos

May 7, 2016
The main thing I don't wanna run into is having the suit Megaman enough abilities that it ends up being broken. 

Perhaps some traits could be mutually exclusive with others.  The outer covering could be furry for insulation, but at the cost of easily overheating.  Or it could be covered by dense, mirrored scales that are vulnerable to shock.  The learned traits could occupy different "slots" within the suit itself that could be shifted around.   This would provide a choice to either specialize the suit for situations, or go with general purpose traits that are solid without any spectacular advantages or disadvantages.  And traits that don't even fit into the slots (healing and energy regeneration) could run on fluids that would need to be replenished later. 

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
The Guyver itself is pretty damn nuts. Enough that an actual Guyver unit by end of series could wreck most, if not everything in the TiTSverse in a direct confrontation. Best believe I wanna work in some HF Blades, though.

Ultimately, some stuff is gonna have to wait until an expansion. Just gonna have to get at least the base content out first.

Some of Guyver skills should be too good to not be used here. Like chest cannon(s) ^^

But true near end all weapon systems was so much upgraded it really get out of control. Ironicaly that was one of way to describe Guyver units :laugh:

I think here Fen or Sav will not let this suit go out of control.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Expanding on the symbiote not needing to be an actual item needed to be in inventory or equipped you could make it into a scene/event like the Fountain of Endowment with Exgartuan except more futurey and all that. You could make it a space travel triggered event where PC lands on a moon/large asteroid with a lab on it and PC sees a blue and pink sphere, (there could just be one if your plan is the symbiote choosing a gender from interacting with the PC), where they feel compelled to touch one. Basically how Spider-Man gets his symbiote in Secret Wars except less/no fighting and more lewd.

I can't believe it took me this long to realise how much I want a Klyntar-esque race in the game, even if symbiotes are muh fetish (tm).  Design wise, I think these could work.

As armours:

As a "permanent" symbiosis or as a race member:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
To be honest, I'm a little surprised by the level of input this got myself. It's an encouraging kind of pressure.

Either we're really starved for content, or someone other than me really likes Living Armor.

Lord Lodestar

Sep 24, 2016
Either we're really starved for content, or someone other than me really likes Living Armor.

A little of column A and a little of column B, I'd think.  

If it's of any assurance to anybody watching this thread, I've been slapping the keys to put together a proper document since last night.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
I had considered some level of adaptive evolution just due to the Guyver influence. For example, the creature might learn some kind of cloaking technique if you wear it while fighting the Vanae.

Thaaat's probs. where you want to draw the line. Something adaptive that -requires- you to commit to a bunch of expansions is almost guaranteed to be one that could easily spiral out of control and get people nipping at your heels. Plus there seems to be a soft rule about things like this being too much of a combat advantage to the point where the bonuses are so good that people might end up seeing content they don't like just to powergame.

Focusing in on what you want the core principles to be (and how you want it to differ from the slime content - not just the other suit but also Celiss and others) is a better idea than swinging straight for the fences with all sorts of different armor "upgrades". It looks to me like your most coherent idea is that you want the armor to have a somewhat sophisticated relationship to the player. With it thinking of Steele as their parent do you want it to come off kind of incesty? Are you thinking mostly of tentacle content? If it's going to be more of a caring relationship (i.e. you're not stuck with this thing/will have an option to remove it so  - I assume - it's not actually going to be parasitic and take what it needs if you're not "feeding" it) will the focus be on building that relationship?

If it is instead of something as open-ended as adaption you might consider giving it stages. An initial post-larval one, a "teenage" intermediate one, and then a mature one, for instance. That could allow for some customization options or variations for relationship points while keeping it from getting too crazy (and also provide a reason for it to keep pace with but not necessarily overshadow standard armor that fits in with the spirit of what you're trying to do).

Lord Lodestar

Sep 24, 2016
Thaaat's probs. where you want to draw the line. Something adaptive that -requires- you to commit to a bunch of expansions is almost guaranteed to be one that could easily spiral out of control and get people nipping at your heels. Plus there seems to be a soft rule about things like this being too much of a combat advantage to the point where the bonuses are so good that people might end up seeing content they don't like just to powergame.

Focusing in on what you want the core principles to be (and how you want it to differ from the slime content - not just the other suit but also Celiss and others) is a better idea than swinging straight for the fences with all sorts of different armor "upgrades". It looks to me like your most coherent idea is that you want the armor to have a somewhat sophisticated relationship to the player. With it thinking of Steele as their parent do you want it to come off kind of incesty? Are you thinking mostly of tentacle content? If it's going to be more of a caring relationship (i.e. you're not stuck with this thing/will have an option to remove it so  - I assume - it's not actually going to be parasitic and take what it needs if you're not "feeding" it) will the focus be on building that relationship?

If it is instead of something as open-ended as adaption you might consider giving it stages. An initial post-larval one, a "teenage" intermediate one, and then a mature one, for instance. That could allow for some customization options or variations for relationship points while keeping it from getting too crazy (and also provide a reason for it to keep pace with but not necessarily overshadow standard armor that fits in with the spirit of what you're trying to do).

Yeah, I've long since come to the conclusion that going overboard with adaptation is a surefire way to end up creating some eternal BiS armor, especially if it's supposed to stay relevant over time. Still working out whether or not it'd be a "Megaman certain creature abilities after enough observation" or the parasite revealing some new toys over time, within reason.

After some thought, I've settled on it being a straight up parasite. Removable (albeit only after gaining enough trust), but unable to be stored outside of your inventory at the least. Flavour-wise, the creature hangs out on your spine Scarab-style when not equipped. Kind of hard not for it to feel at least a little incesty, but you've nailed it on the head there. There are, of course, going to be tentacles involved. You'll also get some feeler action for some full-body attention when you're wearing the suit/engaging in feeding (gonna see if that can fit in the masturbation menu). While the relationship between the parasite and the host is ultimately one of necessity for the creature, the creature itself isn't all that malicious beyond the feeding aspect. In fact, its outright affection is supposed to actually be kind of weird to the PC at the outset. 

I like the concept of the stages. Enough that I might reconsider certain things about how the creature functions to work them in. Which reminds me....

UPDATE!: So, progress has been going a little slowly due to work and a bit of a blunder on my part. For whatever reason, I thought it was a good idea to start working on the actual event where you acquire the damn suit before working on the suit/parasite itself. Thankfully, I'll be off from work for the next two days, so I'll have plenty of time to correct that foolishness. In fact, I'll be plugging away at the Suit doc during any down-time at work tonight.

Red1979

Apr 4, 2016
Since it's a living, organic creature, why not have it start with low stats, but you can raise its stats through training/feeding with caps based on player level? That way work is involved to make it strong. 

I'm thinking of giving it slots to assign traits to, but only unlock slots at certain levels. So, for instance, you can't add any traits until like level 6, you don't get 2 slots until like level 10, etc. You can change out the traits in the slots during a feeding session (so it's not too easy to change up).

I'm also picturing it like an organic Witchblade (well, technically the Witchblade is organic, since it's origin is a branch from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil), where you can make not only armor, but at higher levels weapons as well. For the ranged weapon i'm picturing it needing to have ammo similar to the goozooka, but instead of gray goo canisters use cum bubbles or milk bags as ammo that the symbiote uses as fuel for an energy discharge. 

Zavos

May 7, 2016
To be fair, Nova is BiS. 

Perhaps for out of inventory storage, you could ask Bridget to have something built...  but it would need a week to complete, on top of trust needed to deposit it.  Vic obviously intended for Steele to spread his legacy far and wide, but i doubt he had alien symboites in mind.  I also rather doubt alien symboites are beyond the scope of his team's contingencies.  

I still think the equipable trait system might be best for keeping it good but not best of the best.  Perhaps it could have one main trait (armor type/resists), one sexy trait (pheromones, auto tentacle molestation, stuff like that) and one utility trait.  Even Ditto could only manifest four powers at once, despite technically being able to manifest any power. 

My lil image for equipable main traits are fur (frost resist, fire weaknes, evasion boost), scales (mirrored, elec weakness, fortification) and membrane (basically from those jellyfish things in LessauQuest, elec resist, frost weak, bonus shields).

Lord Lodestar

Sep 24, 2016
I'm still alive, guys. And I've got a doc. To be honest, I'm more than a little annoyed at myself over how skimpy this feels after taking so long to crack out what I've got thus far. This is probably a little late in the game to mention, but I should inform you folks that I'm not exactly the strongest writer (especially in the realm of smut, as I've realized overtime), haha.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KncYbeo3_i0IxPfJy0Umr-EhTiqoeen0jt-DbT-Sg28/edit?usp=sharing

At the moment,  the only stuff in the doc happens to be some of the (probably pretty damn rough) initial stages of bonding with the creature, including some stuff from after the creature is actually "born" and in full-cover mode. At some point, I'm gonna have to go back and do the actual scene for when you let the damned thing inside ya.

In any case, feel free to comment away on whatever you've got for me. Lord knows I need it.

MilitaryAaa

Aug 30, 2015
Aww it's so excited to meet you. I'm not big on fixing grammar so someone else will have to proof read, but I can make a suggestion. Maybe add one to two more dream sequences, the first one could be very rudimentary only a feeling of wanting acceptance while the second could steel dreaming about their 'child' is about to be born? That's when the third, yours, happens.

But yeah just an idea, anyway I did like the way you described the suit crawling over the pc.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Incestuous Consentacle Impregnation?!

@IVIysteriousPerson: SEE! Other people have my fetishes too!

I was expecting something devious and dominant, but this is cute so I am okay with it.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Things look good so far.  It pushes all my tentacle kink buttons.  Thank you for allowing us to choose its gender.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
EDIT: Just to be clear, in case anyone that sees this lacks the context: noobie is actually a terrible person. I like to make sure Captain Shitpost doesn't get a head too big for the hat.  :D  

K.

So, consensual hypno when?

Lord Lodestar

Sep 24, 2016
Incestuous Consentacle Impregnation?!

@IVIysteriousPerson: SEE! Other people have my fetishes too!

I was expecting something devious and dominant, but this is cute so I am okay with it.

Didn't wanna come too close to the tentacle egg, and who doesn't like cute things? 

Aww it's so excited to meet you. I'm not big on fixing grammar so someone else will have to proof read, but I can make a suggestion. Maybe add one to two more dream sequences, the first one could be very rudimentary only a feeling of wanting acceptance while the second could steel dreaming about their 'child' is about to be born? That's when the third, yours, happens.

But yeah just an idea, anyway I did like the way you described the suit crawling over the pc.

I was actually considering adding in a few more sequences in, since the actual process would feel a little skimpy without it. At some point, I'm gonna have to go back and spruce up some update messages too.

Things look good so far.  It pushes all my tentacle kink buttons.  Thank you for allowing us to choose its gender.

Glad you like it so far. I had actually considered adding in an agender option, but just decided I didn't really care that much.

MagusErebus

Nov 27, 2015
Doc looks good, was just wondering how you planned for the Tenta-Suit to burrow/retract back into Steele since it seems to be a solid and in my mind no amount of hollow spaces in bones/body/etc etc would house it apart from spess magik. You could make the Tenta-Suit like a sentient blacklight virus from the game Prototype, or make the suit never truly removable but just make it condense to skin tight levels and make it go invisible. 

Lord Lodestar

Sep 24, 2016
Doc looks good, was just wondering how you planned for the Tenta-Suit to burrow/retract back into Steele since it seems to be a solid and in my mind no amount of hollow spaces in bones/body/etc etc would house it apart from spess magik. You could make the Tenta-Suit like a sentient blacklight virus from the game Prototype, or make the suit never truly removable but just make it condense to skin tight levels and make it go invisible. 

I'll be writing the scene that goes over that pretty soon. As a hint, the burning sensation during the initial armorizing scene isn't purely an aphrodisiac effect.