Treatment Genetics

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Also: Savin has this terrible habit of just reading PM's through the email notification, which doesn't give the sender a timestamp or confirmation that he's seen it. Stop doing that, you silly 'mander. :p

I do this. It allows me to read people's PMs and then respond to them in my own damn time, without heaping on the stress and expectancy that comes from the other person knowing I've seen their message. This course of action becomes justified when I check back and see that you have visited the message history before I've replied, in other words checking to see if I've viewed it.

I can absolutely be screwed up as you. Deal with it.

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
That sort of thing is why I hate forum mechanics that allow everyone to see what you're doing, what you've looked at, what you ARE looking at and so on.

That and it's just kind of creepy in general.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
I have never been called out so hard in my entire life. :p  

If the forum recorded each viewing timestamp separately as opposed to overwriting it with the most recent, you'd be even more disturbed. I check my PM's at least a few dozen times a day. 

I'm always watching.

Waiting.

*heavy breathing*

giphy.gif

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
As much as I love Reaha, she's pretty inconsistent (sometimes literally), something Savin has admitted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I wasn't aware that Simone was a cowmazon. She certainly didn't strike me as being amazonish, more like being really toned cow.

But what do I now. *shrugs*

Meh, her character's history is ambiguous anyway. I just personally consider her an amazon as her mental faculties don't prioritize sex first like most of the bimbo cows (though she does get horny while working out), her competitiveness gives her an aggressive nature, and her frame being more tone than squishy. Given that New Texas is populated by a diverse set of characters who each have their own experiences with the Treatment, Simone can at least be a gradient on the scale of amazonian-ness instead of a full-on amazon. She can easily pass for either.

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
Meh, her character's history is ambiguous anyway. I just personally consider her an amazon as her mental faculties don't prioritize sex first like most of the bimbo cows (though she does get horny while working out), her competitiveness gives her an aggressive nature, and her frame being more tone than squishy. Given that New Texas is populated by a diverse set of characters who each have their own experiences with the Treatment, Simone can at least be a gradient on the scale of amazonian-ness instead of a full-on amazon. She can easily pass for either.

After all it makes sense (in a biological or genetic sense) that there are not just either squishy bimbos or freaking ripped amazons, but also things in between. Of course implementing something that resembled real genetics is not something we could ever dream of for the PC, but I guess a bit more leeway considering NPCs would not be that bad.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Isn't one of the milking attendants an amazon, too

Honestly it feels like we have more amazons than cows - or if they're not officially then they're a lot closer to that than they are to the bimbo cow ideal

though it's understandable, I guess. There are more directions to go in with amazons than cows just because bimbos are fairly limited in how they're typically written while there are lots of popular ways to write amazons and New Texas basically herds them into being one or the other. Reaha feels like an attempt to escape those restraints.

You are right about the serious limitations bimbo fetish impose on a potential character, unless you stretch that fetish definition harder than even it's used holes can withstand, or simply cherry-pick all the aspects you like about.

However IMO, it's less that the majority of NT females were written with the Amazon baseline fetish in mind, and more that they are written to represent certain points on the Treatment spectrum Jacques has brought up. Granted, all of those are supposed to be deviations from the stated norm of varying rarity, but most those characters are prominent NT citizens occupying notable positions. I for one won't cry any tears of boner sadness about 'proper' brainless bimbos staying relegated to a background role, just as I won't about the 'supermutant' variety of Treated characters not being a thing aside from PC.

I do this. It allows me to read people's PMs and then respond to them in my own damn time, without heaping on the stress and expectancy that comes from the other person knowing I've seen their message. This course of action becomes justified when I check back and see that you have visited the message history before I've replied, in other words checking to see if I've viewed it.

I can absolutely be screwed up as you. Deal with it.

Now see, that's a position of a reasonable and responsible individual who wants to limit unnecessary stress caused by silly things on the Internet.

Some of us just made procrastination and shirking responsibility into an art-form, and deal with on-line conversations same way we deal with RL. 

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
sister harem route when

Well, there's obviously going to be some kind of huge orgy with all her sisters (and her mom) while Reaha sits there looking on, horrified. Could probably make it repeatable if people want that.

Of course they will, who am I kidding.

She's a furry

This makes me incredibly sad.

Also: Savin has this terrible habit of just reading PM's through the email notification, which doesn't give the sender a timestamp or confirmation that he's seen it. Stop doing that, you silly 'mander. :p

No. See: What NS said.

As much as I love Reaha, she's pretty inconsistent (sometimes literally), something Savin has admitted.

Reaha is a huge hypocrite and all-around fuck-up, yeah.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Reaha is a huge hypocrite and all-around fuck-up, yeah.

When you say 'hypocrisy', are you talking about her being judgmental towards the same things she openly loves and lusts for , and that she tries to get without paying the price? Because to me those came across as the result of the 'fucked-up' part.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
When you say 'hypocrisy', are you talking about her being judgmental towards the same things she openly loves and lusts for , and that she tries to get without paying the price? Because to me those came across as the result of the 'fucked-up' part.

Little column A, little column B, I'm sure.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
No. See: What NS said.

Okay, so...can I do it?

I mean, I understand where you two are coming from, but from a sender's perspective there's nothing worse than getting completely ignored.  I get not wanting to answer when you're bombarded with stupid questions, which I'm sure you are daily, but I would hope you think a little higher of a question from me or Mysty about whether we can write something than you do of yet another request to get Anno preggers.

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
See, but now I always assume you have read it even if you might not have, because I have no way of knowing. If I see that someone's read a PM, I don't expect throwing together a response to become their first priority, it just puts me at ease knowing the message was properly received. I may be obsessive, but when it comes to other people offering me a bit of their time, I try to be as patient and understanding as I can. There's been plenty of times I've read a PM and not responded until much later, and I've never felt awkward because of it.

Oh silly |\/|ysty, none of us believe that you'll really assume that anyone has actually read it. That goes against everything we know about your nature. Nice try though :p We do all love that you're patient though.

@OP: I have to go with couch on this, in general. I would say that impossible is something that can happen in a truly controlled environment but perhaps this game could be considered an example of that since we have the might Fen dictator (hopefully benevolent). I would say that if someone were somehow immune to nano-bots in some fashion, I'm thinking an electricity based life form or some such, I imagine at that point they might be immune to the treatment. That however would be far afield from what it would appear you are attempting to do here.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Reaha is a huge hypocrite and all-around fuck-up, yeah.

Okay, so hear me out. What does Reaha actually want? And why doesn't she ever actually say it? Everyone on your crew is there for a reason. They want something more than sex and fulfill a function outside of it. Except Celise, but she tells you that; that she just wants your fluids. Not that she's mindless or anything, like I'm sure she likes you and all, I'm just saying.

With that said Reaha doesn't really have any aspirations, nor did she willingly join your crew. I was hoping her expansions could add a little more to her, and they did, but not in the context I'm talking about. The closest we got is that she was in the military, so she might be a good fighter, but it didn't really seem like something she was interested in. At least not anymore.

TL;DR: Reaha is your first (and only, not counting technically Celise) slave but acts very differently from your slaves in, say, CoC. What's up?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
That kind of internal conflict, having fetishes/fantasies you don't want to indulge on a surface level but can't completely push out of your mind, is a real bitch IRL.

Are you speaking from personal experience? If so, penny for your thoughts?

I think it's just thay she has aspirations, but they're not written yet, lol.

Poor Reaha.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Reaha has never been in a position where aspirations were really a thing she could have.  Curing her addiction is just the first step there: I imagine Captain Steele will play a large role in shaping Reaha's interests going forward, because she's in many ways a blank slate.

Personally I think becoming a security guard is an ideal use of her limited skillset, which is one reason why I want to be able to get her big and buff without having to Treat her.  Well, that and tall muscular cowgirls are super fucking hot.  Doing that requires helping her come to see it as an attractive body type for herself, though.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Honestly, muscular girls are just flat-out hot. I'm not talking hyper muscles, but chicks that push themselves to be fit and athletic are... hnnnnng. I've never seen it as "unfeminine," because the female body naturally has those muscle groups. If a girl is 'roiding herself up or getting some bizarre thing like muscle implants, sure, but to me, a naturally sculpted female physique is just as feminine as a sculpted male physique is masculine. 

... I'm sure that statement is offensive to somebody somewhere. I apologize in advance.

Oh, it's true.  Well-toned girls are always hot; if they have rocking curves then so much the better.

With cowgirls I like them a little bulky, because it fits the aesthetic, but for wolfgirls for instance my favorite is the lean athletic build.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
My money's on Reaha herself not knowing what she wants.

A combination of this and, as Couch mentioned, being all but impotent in terms of controlling her own life. Or so she thinks, anyway.

The PC is able to, at least to some extent, direct her course in her Cured expansion -- you can help Reaha find a job for herself, though whether that's doing something genuinely productive or if you just end up pimping her out again, well... 

Okay, so...can I do it?

but I would hope you think a little higher of a question from me or Mysty about whether we can write something than you do of yet another request to get Anno preggers.

As an addendum to NS's point, I usually only answer work PMs when I'm working. Which I haven't done since Wednesday morning, since the first session of I Can't Believe It's Not Chemo went pretty rough for me. Sorry.

So, having now read your PM: what do you have in mind for that drug treatment? Aside from just a different way to change Reaha's bodytype, you'd probably need to revise a lot of her new talk scenes and interactions to reflect her having not been Treated (let alone any personality alterations the Amazon treatment incurs for her). It'd be a lot more involved than just a different access route. If you wanna do all that, though, be my guest.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I'm assuming you'll be able to either convince or force her. Personally I'm confident that Cowmazon Reaha can and will be sexy, happy, and waffy.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I'm assuming you'll be able to either convince or force her. Personally I'm confident that Cowmazon Reaha can and will be sexy, happy, and waffy.

My guess is that Steele will force it on her, and at first you'll end up with a pretty mad cowmazon who'll exhaust Steele of all his/her fluids to satisfy herself, and quench her rage a bit.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
But did you see what Reaha was wearing? She was practically asking to be Treated.

No but in all seriousness though, it's funny how dominant she turns into. Kind of a little surprise for an owner who would have wanted a cowslut.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
OhGodPlsNo, I get that her becoming a Cowmazon wouldn't really be comparable to some of the other variants, but forced Treating of any kind is still absolutely not okay in my book. If it weren't permanent, it wouldn't be quite so extreme (still a terrible thing to do), but because it's irreversible it's just... no. :eek:hdear:  

I don't really see another way to get Reaha to take it, though, hence the reason I asked. And also why I danced around it in my initial inquiry... 

It's either that or some really heavy convincing like Noobsaleh said, kinda like you gradually tempt her into doing it. Convincing her how good it would make her feel, probably dozen times better than what her patches can do for her...Something like that I imagine.

My point is, Reaha doesn't want to take the treatment. So I can only imagine a mean Steele would press the matter on her.

but forced Treating of any kind is still absolutely not okay

Not only you that think this way. There's a reason why that one Steph Irson video was removed...This and the fact that it really didn't fit with the whole New Texan way of letting outside people choose for themselves if they want to get treated.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
since the first session of I Can't Believe It's Not Chemo went pretty rough for me. Sorry.

Right, that was a thing, wasn't it?  Sorry.

So, having now read your PM: what do you have in mind for that drug treatment? Aside from just a different way to change Reaha's bodytype, you'd probably need to revise a lot of her new talk scenes and interactions to reflect her having not been Treated (let alone any personality alterations the Amazon treatment incurs for her). It'd be a lot more involved than just a different access route. If you wanna do all that, though, be my guest.

The rough plan I had in mind was something like:

• Player has to finish curing Reaha so we get that shit out of the way.
  • When exploring career options, bring up her military service.  Reaha presumably complains that she's too soft for that now.
  • Player can go to Cynthia and bring it up, bring her back to the ship to meet Reaha.  Three-way sex scene that helps Reaha come to appreciate how hot Cynthia's beefcake figure is.
  • Player pays out some credits, gets a slightly adjusted dosage of Holstaria made for Reaha.
  • Reaha gets her Treated appearance along with a hefty dom streak awakening from the sense of power, enough so that her Treated scenes aren't out of character.  Without Treatment backing it up, this ego boost is likely rather more fragile, putting her in more of a switch position.  Essentially you get a mix of Cured and Treated.

The reason I wanted to bring it up now, before Treated Reaha was written, is to avoid it being a tacked-on expansion that requires going back and editing in branches later.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
That would be some interesting comeuppance. The best possible result for a forced Treating, really.

My biggest issue with the Treatment, and the reason I just find it completely appalling, is that it's irreversible. That's it. I wouldn't even mind NT that much if there was a chance someone that was culturally indoctrinated and subsequently Treated might be able to break away from it. It wouldn't even need to actually happen, just the possibility alone would make it infinitely less frightening. Maybe that's the point, though... :$  

One reason it's such an incredible "Jesus Christ how horrifying" flare up is because I don't really understand why or how the Treatment is supposed to be permanent. It just "is." Something like GaloMax sort of makes sense because it changes the composition of your entire being (aren't galotians supposed to be single celled-organisms or something?), but nothing the Treatment does seems like it should be permanent. 

The simple fact that the possibility of creating TF's of any kind that are completely irreversible is terrifying in and of itself. I know my brain immediately jumps to dark places in situations like this, but just think of the implications of that for a second. It's not hard to see that concept becoming truly horrifying.

Is there substantiation for why the Treatment is permanent? I genuinely don't know.

I think the permanency is merely fir the sake of catering to fans of the fetish its targeting. But personally I really, really wish there were some sort of treatment  equivalent to the mental debimbo potion from CoC. Even if it remains impossible to completely cure the treatment, being able to at least unlock a way to mitigate some of the mental damage without needing to resort to save editing would make the treatment a lot more palatable to a lot of folks I imagine. 

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
One of the lines of reasoning PC can potentially use to convince Reaha to get AmazonTreated is by presenting that as an out for her in regards to the struggles against the fetish she doesn't want to indulge in but can't get away from. And that her inability to view herself as beautiful and desirable unless she is a soft cow is just the result of her world's bullshit poisoning her mind.

So she will be able to stick it to NT and get rid of most of her self-image issues in one go.

Still like the Couch's alternative better, mostle because the lore surrounding the Treatment dictates that PC won't have any way to be certain that Reaha won't become bimbo. And because it will certainly help to properly convince her that such change is for the best.

Wish you all the best, Analmancer senpai, fwiw.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
  • Cynthia
  • Holstaria

Who? What? Personally I'd prefer a permanently Treated Reaha, but that's just me.

That would be some interesting comeuppance. The best possible result for a forced Treating, really.

Well, she'd still be your slave, and you'd still be able to discipline her. In any case I'm pretty confident there'll be a convincing option, but even if not it's as if Reaha is completely against the idea. Note: I don't have the link to Treated Reaha's doc anymore.

But personally I really, really wish there were some sort of treatment equivalent to the mental debimbo potion from CoC.

Something like a specially ordered Steele Tech surgery?

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Okay, so hear me out. What does Reaha actually want? And why doesn't she ever actually say it?
“<i>I know everything about you,</i>” So’s mouth replies serenely. “<i>Everything that is on public record, everything that was picked up on security equipment over the last decade, everything that can be deduced from that. Reaha Hayes, New Texan born, un-Treated, joined the U.G.C. peace corps as soon as legally able. Served with merit for two years, left the forces before serious promotion in order to pour savings into unaffordable bovine gene mods. Agreed to enter indentured servitude to pay off debt; first to a brothel chain, then to [pc.name] Steele.</i>” The full lips curve into a smile. “<i>All of your life you have pursued submission, explicitly and implicitly. You crave someone standing over you and telling you what to do. The only time in your life when some modicum of freedom was available to you, you chose to throw your money away on erotic mutations that would have been freely yours if you had stayed on your home planet, in an act of childish regression. You complain about your life on extranet forums but secretly you enjoy your servitude to [pc.name] Steele. Responsibility. You fear it.</i>”

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
(aren't galotians supposed to be single celled-organisms or something?)

Pretty sure that's the Rahn race. Galotians are probably made out of plenty of cells.

Is there substantiation for why the Treatment is permanent? I genuinely don't know.

Maybe because everyone who has ever taken it don't want to change back?

It was originally designed to make it easy to populate the planet, it wasn't supposed to be an on and off thing. And even after the technology to change the formula arrived, no 

And the things you're adressing are the very reasons some people views New Texas as a bit of a dark planet. It's very open about it though, nothing underlying about it either.

The simple fact that the possibility of creating TF's of any kind that are completely irreversible is terrifying in and of itself. I know my brain immediately jumps to dark places in situations like this, but just think of the implications of that for a second. It's not hard to see that concept becoming truly horrifying.

This is the reason why I feel sorry for Reaha. Fleeing her home planet to avoid an inevitable irreversible change, which horrified her, growing up seeing what she could be forced to become... It's kinda sad that New Texas doesn't think about those kind of individuals.

But hey, not my planet, not my rules...at least not yet...(*evil chuckling in the distance)

And I don't want to derail a perfectly fine thread with moral discussions...

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
@Nonesuch: Hey, wait just a second...that's not canon yet! Speaking of which, please, please, please have So banter with Sera.

Although it's true.

Guys, let's not take this thread in the direction it's going. We've all been here long enough to know, so we all get it. New Texas and the Treatment are really creepy to some people, and really hot to others. Some people like their fetishes taken up to an 11, and others need rules and regulations. Maybe even some waff. And some people aren't so clear cut on any of it. All of which is totally fine for the sake of smut.

Of course, some of you guyses are also writers and exist solely to dangle a piece of meat in front of me like some kind of Porn Nazis.