Return to Mareth (In Game)

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
The group reconverged just as the sun was beginning to sink beneath the horizon. As Derek continued to work on his new lust reduction spell, he thought that he was getting close to figuring out a way to make it work, but he was going to need to test it on something to be sure. Meanwhile, he rest of the group set about getting some much needed rest.

[Everyone mark off one ration, and decide if anyone's going to be keeping watch at night.]

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
Derek begins making a small indent all around the camp perimeter, after he did, he slammed his foot down, a bright blue ward briefly flashing. almost falling from the sudden big use of mental strength, he sits down, waiting for the rest to congregate.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"What's that, Derek?" Elliana asks as she sits down by the campfire's radiant warmth, looking into the crackling fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"A magic spell that makes sure that all your nightmares will go away for the night, so rest easily."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"But one of us still needs to keep watch... Perhaps I should, I can sleep with one eye open." She sighs, looking at Mia and Derek. "Anything you wanna share before we go to bed?"

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"uh, don't get carried away at night. just because we are sleeping doesn't mean you can do whatever you want, understand?"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Yeah, I didn't plan on sneaking away with the cube-monster and leave you unguarded..." She sighs. "Try to have a good night's sleep, guys... I'll wake you if danger is imminent."

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
"right, oh and don't open my bag, goodnight." he said, just before going to sleep.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Why would I..." She shakes her head and takes up position at the end of the little cave. [Going off for the night]

Last edited by a moderator:

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Elliana...get some rest. I thrive in the moonlight and would be happy to take watch. It would give me time to commune with the moon goddess after all."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Alright... If you insist, Cassy..." She gets up and walks to the other end of the small cave, stopping only to give Castella a hug. "Be careful." She then lies down, and goes to sleep.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Despite the oppressive red sky and smoldering orange sun of the day, night time in the strange new world seemed blissfully tranquil, and hauntingly familiar. With the sun set, the sky was cast in the inky black curtain of night, and the stars could be seen twinkling in the sky. To Castella's delight, the moon came out as well, and to her shock, it looked like the same moon she had always prayed to. It's pearly glow bathed the lake in silvery light, and for at least one night, everything seemed to be at piece.

The sun rose over the horizon the next day, spilling it's light into the small camp and did it's best to rouse the party to an early start.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Elliana yawns and stretches, her eyes drawn to the smoldering embers of their campfire. It's light out... she must have overslept. "Good morning... everybody had a good night's sleep? Except Cassy..."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Would you like to accompany me in exploring the Lakeside and forest, Mia? I could use someone who is skilled in hand-to-hand fighting." She checks her equipment, making sure she has enough arrows and general supplies.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"Ah, good morning everyone. You missed such a beautiful night. Even here the moon shine brightly!"

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Good morning, Cassy..." Elliana smiles. "Perhaps you would also accompany me? Or do you need some rest?" She's packing some items and getting ready to head out early.

Floozer

Oct 1, 2015
"I should get a little rest. Mia will keep you safe." She starts setting out her bed roll and get a little sleep.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Sleep well. Thanks for watching over us during the night." She slings her pack around her back and stands by the end of the cave.

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
Mia finishes donning her armour, she adjusts the sheath on her hip and turns to Elliana. "Ok, i think i'm ready to go."

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"Good, let's see what we can find of interest around here... we'll need to replenish our supplies at some point, so might aswell find out where and how to do it." Elliana walks out with her bow in hand. [Should we do some kind of roll when travelling, or is this just a Discern Realities roll?]

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
Elliana, and Mia, weighed their options. Circling the lake would easily take days, but checking down the beach a coupe of miles in either direction wouldn't take more than a few hours, and if anything happened to them, at least the others would know where to start looking. The forest that they could see in the distance, however was thick and overgrown, but likely a good place to search for resources.

[Once you pick a location, give me a discern realities roll.]  

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
"I feel more safe in the forest... especially after yesterday. What about you, Mia? You agree, or would you prefer the lakeside?" She rubs her arm a bit.

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
"Yeah, it seems we should avoid the lake at lest for now, forest it is then." Mia heads in the direction of the forest, as she approaches it she slows down to try and move undetected by whatever may be in there.

[Discern realities, 2+1............]

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
[Discern realities 5+4+2 = 11] (Questions would be: What here is useful? What dangers can be found? What's going to happen?) Elliana walks silently through the woods with her bow in hand, her keen eyes scanning for and tracking any movement in the trees and on the ground.

Ecnalab

Apr 18, 2016
As the two women made their way into the forest, as strange sense of deja vu washed over Elliana. Despite much of the plant life being completely unrecognizable, more than a few of the trees they passed were as familiar as the ones she had grown up around, and some of the plants they passed she recognized as medicinal. Ordinary pine and oak trees mingled with strange pink willows with unusually thick drooping vines. All told the woods presented a strange blend of the familiar and the bizarre.

Another thing that made the ranger perk up was the clear signs of animal life. Deer tracks crisscrossed with the paw prints of predators as surely as they had back home. However, as with the plants, the comfortingly familiar was mixed with the unsettlingly strange. Amidst the ordinary animal tracks were other trails that were left by things that were clearly neither human nor animal. Among the most concerning were a set of large round prints that Elliana could not even begin to guess at the origin of. Whatever had left them though, was big, heavy, and seemed to walk on two legs.

Fortunately, none of the tracks were very fresh, and the forest as a whole seemed no more threatening than any other they had been in.   

Penguinmafia

Jul 28, 2016
[Ok, lets try again!]

Once in the forest Mia spots the tracks but isn't skilled enough to know how fresh they are. "I hope we don't run into whatever made those." She says quietly, pointing at the large circular tracks, she rests a hand on the hilt of her sword, ready to draw at any second. She surveys the area of the forest they are in, looking for anything they can use  [Discern realities roll, 7+1. Phew! What here is useful or valuable to me?]

Do you think we could set traps on the trails? Even i can tell this place gets a lot of animals passing through it.

Gamer791

Oct 14, 2015
All the while Derek was determined to finally finish the inverted formula. [Int3+4+2]