Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
...holy shit that's a lot of null pointer exceptions I didn't know about.

Just goes to show a lot of the code I did is a pile of shit :D

I'll fix it... :|

Unfortunately dndw hasn't pushed the new bite stuff he was working on, so I can't merge that in... It'll be up to him to release a build when he has the chance. I pushed it to my branch.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
...holy shit that's a lot of null pointer exceptions I didn't know about.

Just goes to show a lot of the code I did is a pile of shit :D

I'll fix it... :|

Unfortunately dndw hasn't pushed the new bite stuff he was working on, so I can't merge that in... It'll be up to him to release a build when he has the chance. I pushed it to my branch.

I probably should point out what version I was running off of too. That previous bug report post right before this was a clean game run from 2.0.3.3. Basically I try to start new games with each version that is released since I've noticed it tends to prevent bugs version change bugs with the save files. (Those don't always happen obviously!) Oh! I am running 8.0.920.14 in both the 32 bit and 64 bit packages too just so you know the Java version I have.

jose the 5th

May 10, 2016
I cant get past the first screen. I name my character select my strengths and weaknesses spend my points the click start and nothing happens. 

E

ero

Is there file with trait descriptions, as in what their effects are? I found the trait names and reqs in TraitRequirements.xml, but I can't find any concrete info on what many of those traits do.

ScarredEyes

Oct 13, 2015
I don't think there's any actual concrete information that's not in code, like nothing saying about accuracy, buff and debuff %s. Personally, I'd think they would be detracting, but meh.

As for effects...apart from going to competitor info and seeing what the traits do (as long as the opponents have it), I don't think there's a file to look at for that. Which traits are you talking about?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I cant get past the first screen. I name my character select my strengths and weaknesses spend my points the click start and nothing happens. 

The most likely reason is that you're trying to launch the game directly from the zip. Instead, try extracting all of it first and then running the .jar file. If that doesn't work, check whether you've placed the game in a protected folder like Program Files, ProgramData or (gasp!) WINDOWS. If neither of those is the case, please post the contents of your nightgames_log.txt file, which should at that point contain an error message.

Is there file with trait descriptions, as in what their effects are? I found the trait names and reqs in TraitRequirements.xml, but I can't find any concrete info on what many of those traits do.

There isn't a file like that. A number of them are listed on the wiki, and those descriptions are accurate. The mod adds a whole lot of them, though (and the base game has more as well), and those aren't listed. In the screen where you pick traits (at level-up) you can view the tooltips for the traits available to you at that point. You can read all of the tooltips, including those for unavailable traits, in this file: Trait.java You'll have to read past the code, however.

jskil5

May 17, 2016
im having a major bug here my builds max will power atm is 166/166 that what it shows during the day however during the games it drops and lowers randomly e.g to 3/3 max willpower i have no idea what caused it if you want me to upload my save i will im going to avoid playing the mod for now lemme know what id need to show so you can fix it

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
im having a major bug here my builds max will power atm is 166/166 that what it shows during the day however during the games it drops and lowers randomly e.g to 3/3 max willpower i have no idea what caused it if you want me to upload my save i will im going to avoid playing the mod for now lemme know what id need to show so you can fix it

Are you afflicted with Cassie's magic milk addiction? That will substantially lower your willpower if you get into withdrawal. (though not quite that much). Uploading your save might indeed offer some insight,

E

ero

There isn't a file like that. A number of them are listed on the wiki, and those descriptions are accurate. The mod adds a whole lot of them, though (and the base game has more as well), and those aren't listed. In the screen where you pick traits (at level-up) you can view the tooltips for the traits available to you at that point. You can read all of the tooltips, including those for unavailable traits, in this file: Trait.java You'll have to read past the code, however.

Thanks. I was messing around with some of the custom characters posted in this thread, that's why I was asking for information on what skills/traits are called on a code-basis and what they do.

I guess I can just cheat a few stats to check out the descriptions of most traits at least.

jskil5

May 17, 2016
Are you afflicted with Cassie's magic milk addiction? That will substantially lower your willpower if you get into withdrawal. (though not quite that much). Uploading your save might indeed offer some insight,

i have cassies addiction but im not in withdrawal anyway heres my save

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Q3ON0zHVwoYWkxOTl4TDMwajA

also i have tried safe removal of addictions just to see if it helped but it didn't make any difference this started after Maya's 1st appearance in a match thats all i can tell you from memory 

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
I love how even though I've done everything this mod, and the original game itself has to offer.

I still come back a few days, to a week later to play it again after making a new character. <3

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
i have cassies addiction but im not in withdrawal anyway heres my save

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Q3ON0zHVwoYWkxOTl4TDMwajA

also i have tried safe removal of addictions just to see if it helped but it didn't make any difference this started after Maya's 1st appearance in a match thats all i can tell you from memory 

Sorry for the belated response. I've tried out your save, and nothing weird happened to the willpower meter. I haven't found any changes made since the last release that should have any effect, but who knows? I'll keep trying different things from time to time, though, as time permits.

jskil5

May 17, 2016
Sorry for the belated response. I've tried out your save, and nothing weird happened to the willpower meter. I haven't found any changes made since the last release that should have any effect, but who knows? I'll keep trying different things from time to time, though, as time permits.

thx for at least attempting to find the problem i've decided to make a new save if it happens again or i notice any other bugs ill inform you btw i think the bug with willpower happened more frequently when i was fighting maya after her 1st match if it helps also i just tried my save again and i;m definatley gonna have to make a new save its still happening so i hope you do find the problem then if not its okk cause you at least looked

ok i had my max willpower and mojo confused but my willpower is dropping at random and i at least 3 times now since this 1st happened with this save my max willpower dropped as low as 0/0 resulting in an instant loss even though i was winning i think it has to do with how i got my willpower.

with this build i didnt put points into willpower cause if you lose a match you get a free point in willpower(plus a small boost to max arousal) so i put points into eveything else and if i lost a match accepted the loss and moved on so try something like that and see if the bug occurs when time permits

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
I found a bug in the vanilla version that may  be worth looking into in the mod. if an external modifier like clothing temporarily modifies a character's stats, the adjusted value will be written into the save. When the save file is then loaded, that value is read in at the base stat and the modifier will be applied again.

Also, I just noticed that Samantha's draw scene is still a placeholder. Dndw, are you planning to write that at some point or should I post it on my priority list?

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
So one minor thing I found in the game.

If you get to level 10, and are able to pay for more competitors.

You are able to go in the negative money-wise if you have lower than the amount, and then pay the 1000-1500$.

Not sure if this is a thing or not, since you are not able to go in the negative by buying other things.

It will just say you don't have enough money...

I found out that the multiple levels was from my Level drain skill.

But the skill itself is a bit OP, since I gained 15-20 levels in only 4-5 fights.

Maybe it should be nerfed a bit?

samurei12

Feb 21, 2016
hey i posted on here awhile ago with a problem and then forgot about. I downloaded the latest version and i am have the same problem that i did with one of the older versions were it asks me to choose a application to the game with and nothing works. i have jave installed and have done everything right.

JickOShadows

May 13, 2016
hey i posted on here awhile ago with a problem and then forgot about. I downloaded the latest version and i am have the same problem that i did with one of the older versions were it asks me to choose a application to the game with and nothing works. i have jave installed and have done everything right.

Did you extract the game files?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Thanks for the bug reports. Someone also posted a pull request on github with some fixes and improvements for the custom starts, so once I've checked those I'll integrate them. I'll try to get a bugfix update out later today, but no promises.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Dndw, are you planning to write that at some point or should I post it on my priority list?

Sorry, I forgot to answer. I hadn't really thought about writing it, and I don't think I could manage it any time soon. So feel free to write it yourself, if you want.

Anyway, here is that bugfix release I promised:

https://mega.nz/#!hZ5xWLjR!EpWu1yq3KmkCyFlsx49CSAiDxC-GBmcK5FbPuBh1mlo

Changelog:

16/06/16 - 2.0.4
-Fixed bug where unlocking new competitors allowed the player to end up with a negative amount of money.
-Merged in fixes to the start configuration mechanism by Ryplinn.
-Some small fixes.

Posted an issue on github. Thought you guys should know as well.

https://github.com/nergantre/nightgamesmod/blob/d8b2e9c9d4be246a44594a404427bc49f8c4ef47/NightgamesMod/nightgames/characters/body/PussyPart.java

pleasureMod += self.has(Trait.pussyTraining1) ? .5 : 0;
pleasureMod += self.has(Trait.pussyTraining2) ? .7 : 0;
pleasureMod += self.has(Trait.pussyTraining3) ? .7 : 0;

• pussyTraining3 should add a value of .9 instead of .7

Actually, you'll note that higher levels of training are only available if the character already has the lower levels, so these numbers are cumulative. The total bonuses for the three training levels are 0.5, 1.2 and 1.9.

Just to verify:

-Did you try to run the .jar file? If it opens up to a bunch of .class files, that's your problem.

-Are you certain Java is correctly installed? (Try reinstalling/updating from java.com)

If neither of those helps, maybe post a screenshot of what's going on?

samurei12

Feb 21, 2016
yeah i just double checked that jave is installed correctly and yeah i was trying to run the.jar file but im not seeing any other files that i could run

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
yeah i just double checked that jave is installed correctly and yeah i was trying to run the.jar file but im not seeing any other files that i could run

No, the .jar is correct. It seems it's a problem with file associations: Windows (I assume you're using windows) doesn't know that .jar files can be opened with java. When the 'What do you want to run this with?' popup appears, you should search for the location java is installed in, which will probably be Program Files\Java\<version>. There, you should select java.exe, and make sure to set it as the default. It should work, then

samurei12

Feb 21, 2016
No, the .jar is correct. It seems it's a problem with file associations: Windows (I assume you're using windows) doesn't know that .jar files can be opened with java. When the 'What do you want to run this with?' popup appears, you should search for the location java is installed in, which will probably be Program Files\Java\<version>. There, you should select java.exe, and make sure to set it as the default. It should work, then

i tried doing as you said but i cant find a java.exe

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
I'm also having problems running the game. I extracted the folder, set Java.exe as the default to open with, and all I get is a very brief terminal pop-up. I'm running windows 8.1. Is the game a stand-alone, or does it also require a browser to have activated all the java stuff? This is the second time I've tried to check out this game, and being shut-down like this is pretty frustrating.

Edit: Figures 5 minutes after I post this I finally run across the answer...

To those having the same problem, try this:
1) Open up a text editor
2) Type in java -jar "your file name here"
3) Save the file as a .bat
4) Put the file in the same location as the .jar file
5) Run the .bat to run the game

ex: "Nightgamesmod_2_0_4.bat" contains the line "java -jar Nightgamesmod_2_0_4.jar"

samurei12

Feb 21, 2016
I'm also having problems running the game. I extracted the folder, set Java.exe as the default to open with, and all I get is a very brief terminal pop-up. I'm running windows 8.1. Is the game a stand-alone, or does it also require a browser to have activated all the java stuff? This is the second time I've tried to check out this game, and being shut-down like this is pretty frustrating.

1) Open up a text editor

ex: "Nightgamesmod_2_0_4.bat" contains the line "java -jar Nightgamesmod_2_0_4.jar"

tried doing what you did but it didnt work

gochisox

Jun 16, 2016

1) Open up a text editor

Yeah Im habing issue with this to, I did the same thing as you, made Java the default, then did you .bat thing and all im getting is a half a second of a command promp screne before it drops, its very annoying.  I also downloaded JavaRunner and I can get to the first screen but it wont let me go any farther then that,