Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

Rikis

May 17, 2016
Maya's event doesn't work. On 30 day when I press nothing happens, screen doesn't changes, I can't progress.

It seems issue was too many contestants. Player+8 basics+2 custom+Maya there is not enough places to put characters because of this in Match.java:

Deque<Area> areaList = new ArrayDeque<>();
        areaList.add(map.get("Dorm"));
        areaList.add(map.get("Engineering"));
        areaList.add(map.get("Liberal Arts"));
        areaList.add(map.get("Dining"));
        areaList.add(map.get("Union"));
        areaList.add(map.get("Bridge"));
        areaList.add(map.get("Library"));
        areaList.add(map.get("Tunnel"));
        areaList.add(map.get("Workshop"));
        areaList.add(map.get("Pool"));
        combatants.forEach(character -> {
            if (character.has(Trait.immobile)) {
                character.place(map.get("Courtyard"));
            } else {
                character.place(areaList.pop());
            }

Should all characters spawn on Maya's event?

I think it's bug in Global.java.

if (matchmod.name().equals("maya")) {

lineup = pickCharacters(lineup, players, 4);

} else if (matchmod.name().equals("ftc")) {

lineup = pickCharacters(players, lineup, 4);

Last edited by a moderator:

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
Maya's event doesn't work. On 30 day when I press nothing happens, screen doesn't changes, I can't progress.

It seems issue was too many contestants. Player+8 basics+2 custom+Maya there is not enough places to put characters because of this in Match.java:

Should all characters spawn on Maya's event?

I think it's bug in Global.java.

Looks like you're right, will fix and push thanks

jskil5

May 17, 2016
ok i didnt even think they had the option to surrender but i just made angel surrender while fucking her i used carry and was well over my arousal limit but yea that just happend.

aslo location skill somtimes vanishes screen shot included and i clearly have the locater perk

nergantre i have also noticed a problem with the addictions so far (cassie,angel,reyka) you cant access the day time scenes that strengthen or reinforce the addicition even if you had the addiction if you load a save in which you had them

Untitled.png

jskil5

May 17, 2016
ok yea it was my bad i didnt have any trophies to burn

also this is a consistant thing and should be fixed i know the i have all 3 addictions but i cant strenghen them becaues of this

nergantre i have also noticed a problem with the addictions so far (cassie,angel,reyka) you cant access the day time scenes that strengthen or reinforce the addicition even if you had the addiction if you load a save in which you had them

jskil5

May 17, 2016
glad i could help i may be very new but if run i across any other bugs ill let ya know( well im not new but i only just recently made an account figured it was time i left lurker status XD)

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
2.0.0 changelog
Note the bump in major version numbers. Old saves will NOT be supported (mostly because old Airi will be messed up)

Bug fixes:
- Fixed addictions not being saved
- Fixed various typos and such
- Fixed Maya crashing the game upon entrance
- Fixed contestants not making you cum when at full arousal.
- Fixed games vs AI lasting forever

New content:
- Added an Airi content update
    - Airi has basic daytime scenes now, with two new Traits
    - Airi will only shift into slime form after orgasming at < 60% willpower
    - New Attribute for Airi split off from Rosea's Bio (now has Slime)
    - Airi is now stronger but has less endurance in slime form
        - Addded new slime mimicry skills:
            - Mimic: Succubus
            - Mimic: Dryad
            - Mimic: Werecat
            - Mimic: Witch
            - Mimic: Angel
    - Added a lot of new portraits for Airi (this killed me, she has fucking 14 portrait variations :|  I don't want to work anymoooreeee)

https://mega.nz/#!J8IkFKQJ!DOnEsV3wi0ltafRZ5cxEIeUTWs3KMPbu1YMb5qRqeNs

jskil5

May 17, 2016
ill try the new build out right now and let you know if theres anything uber game breaking (also will the save from the last ver still work i really dont want to have to start a new character) i mean from the build just b4 this one

JickOShadows

May 13, 2016
ill try the new build out right now and let you know if theres anything uber game breaking (also will the save from the last ver still work i really dont want to have to start a new character)

Says old saves will NOT be supported, due to Airi conflictions.

jskil5

May 17, 2016
went ahead and tested the save anyway if you have a save from the most recent version b4 this build it still works and nothings broken it just means you get to skip past how you encounter airi and that you get to skip past getting her affection up high enough to spar/games/sex with her thats all

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
It will "work" but not correctly.

Airi will stay in slime form all the time, or sometimes she will have tentacles in human form.

She will also never use some of her abilities.

jskil5

May 17, 2016
so far as i can tell she appears to be fine for me even uses her new abilities would you like me to upload a copy of my save to google drive to check

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Yup looks like the addictions aren't being saved. Woopsies.

Yeah, that last update wasn't my proudest moment, sorry for all the trouble. But I've found a few bugs as well! Mwahaha!

In CockMod#countsAs, you check whether the mimicked pussy is the part we're looking for, not the cock.

The Mimic* skills are not added to the skill pool, and hence cannot be used.

Airi's new form-shifting mechanisms do not play nice with the existing genital swapping: she will always have a pussy in slime form, even when she toggles it away.

The 'melting' description displays after every orgasm when she's beneath the willpower threshold, not only the one that pushes her over.

(This has been here for longer, but Engulf displays the wrong set-up message and the counter does not seem to expire)

(This may simply not be finished yet as the changelog doesn't mention it, and it's not really important anyway, but Parasited#toString returns "Seeded")

I'll return the favor by fixing these.

Edit:

Also NullPointers in SlimeMimicry due to not passing Combat instances along, and Mimic skills check for Stsflag.form instead of Stsflag.mimic, allowing serial mimicry

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
*facepalms*

I knew I didn't play test this one enough... Just wanted to push this out since I'm going to be heading off to another business trip soon. Thanks man.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
LOVE the new Airi portraits

Anyways, here 2.0.1, hopefully it's actually fucking playable this time. :|  (I play tested it this time, I promise!)

https://mega.nz/#!w4JzGYpR!J2dgH9cdeZOuwYYn2M8xm-1o88M63N6Z439eC7rhsFM

2.0.1 changelog
Bug fixes:
- Fixed a ton of Airi specific bugs (thanks dndw)
- Fixed a bug where being at 0 willpower will make the AI always want to keep you there (hey, since they're at 0 willpower, I don't want to make them cum because that would lower their arousal right? RIGHT?)
- Fixed/nerfed "Mimic: Witch" so that the AI doesn't pick it every chance it has

Balance:
- Rebalanced Airi (she was completely ridiculous before these changes)
    - Gave the the "repressed" trait, which lowers her seduction by 50%
        - Turning into slime form will remove this trait for that specific battle
    - Gave her a body sexiness boost in slime form to compensate
    - Reduced her Arousal to be lower than normal for opponents
    - Reduced her willpower and willpower growth to be more in line with other opponents
    - Gave her clothing. Woops. Apparently I forgot to do that, so she was just running around naked all the time without even being in slime form.
    - Redid her level up trait growth.
        - Now in human form, she only gets the training perks.
        - In slime form, she will get more interesting traits dependent on her level.

New features(?):
    - Made it so you can now press 0-9 to pick choices. Hooray one handed mode.

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
Got a bug that followed me from the last version. The game will state something happened in the description, but then won't recognize it.

For example, I was caught in a spider trap in the dining hall one night, and I was allowed to go on the very turn it said I was strung up.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
So who is Lexy, and what do her gloves do? Unused custom nurse competitor?

A nurse type opponent actually sounds amazing.

I could just see a new enemy being a girl who wants to become a doctor, and then she would make medical comments during the fight. <3

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
So who is Lexy, and what do her gloves do? Unused custom nurse competitor?

There are only a few skills, their effects, and those gloves at the moment. So call her a very, very unfinished character.

A nurse type opponent actually sounds amazing.

I could just see a new enemy being a girl who wants to become a doctor, and then she would make medical comments during the fight. <3

Do feel free to help out if you want, but I for one am not going to work on her in the near future. There's still the addictions to do (update incoming later today!) and then I want to see about improving the AI. 

lolzoke

May 26, 2016
I have an issue with 2.0.0, I seem to have fallen over 20 levels behind every contender. I started a new game as directed for 2.0.0, and I started as a hermaphrodite. Here's an example of how far behind I am: 

1653e0c695.png

I did not skip any nights, or ever surrender. I find it almost impossible to beat any of the other contenders because their s tats are significantly higher than mine. Most of the contenders can make my character's willpower drop to 0 within 10 turns or less, and I am unable to break almost anything that inhibits me (binds/obeys/etc)  I choose the "Quick Learner" trait at the start of some of my levels. I didn't have this problem prior to the latest version before this one. I believe I'm going to have to make a new game to fix this :/

Legion

Aug 27, 2015
Lexy was a futa character I wrote back in October 2015. Or at least thats when I had most of her scenes written anyway.
Since then I have passed the stuff I wrote onto both nergantre and the bard himself.

I actually didn't think that either of them got around to adding anything from her (probably because of the shoddy style most of my notes were in) but I guess some stuff made it into the code.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Yay for parallel development: two updates in two days!

This one is mostly for Kat's addiction, details in the changelog. Also a few bugfixes, for instance:

I did not skip any nights, or ever surrender. I find it almost impossible to beat any of the other contenders because their s tats are significantly higher than mine.

Some more debug code which accidentally made it into 1.9.6 and then stayed there: a flat 50% boost to XP for everyone but the player. It's gone now.

I feel like the effects of this new addiction are a little underwhelming compared to the rest. Time will tell.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!tFQmGIQD!K9SsbRyZBzeeH9Hrb05yG6QhCzCaTlYbKvVi5PgGC7Y

Changelog:

-Added Kat's Breeder addiction. You get it by her biting you during sex, and can worsen it by fucking her (or being bitten again). It increases pleasure from fucking Kat, allows her to use Invitation without mojo, keeps you from pulling out at high levels, and allows the use and increases the damage of Wild Thrust. At high levels, it makes the player Feral, which reduces willpower loss but maintains half of your arousal on orgasm. In withdrawal, it causes a permanent Horny causing arousal over time.
-Added Bite, which can only be used by Kat. It has no effects beside the addiction.
-Relocated the withdrawal check so that the relevant message(s) are printed without being immediately removed again...
-Witdrawal effects now refresh every turn, both in and out of combat. This shouldn't have any effect on existing content, just for the Horny mentioned above.
-All (hopefully) of the game now compares characters by type instead of name. This may prevent some bugs in future plans.

(This was changed in 2.0.0, but not mentioned: Frenzied characters can no longer use Engulf)

And now for something completely different.

As has been mentioned, the AI is in serious need of some work. Currently, it just tries all available actions and sees what worked best, then goes with that. That works fine for single turns, but it means there's little to no planning going on. The AI modifier system was an attempt to alleviate this by biasing the system to more 'interesting' moves rather than just the good ones, but it hasn't done much. What's needed is an entirely new system. So what I want to do is to build a series of behavior trees to provide more structure to the AI. Trouble is, those things have to be designed, which means I have to know effective strategies. Currently, I know precisely one play style: my own. That's not enough. If, after doing the remaining addictions, I were to provide a more detailed 'play-by-play' logging mechanism, would people be prepared to share those logs? I get that it's somewhat private, which is why I ask, but it would really help.

The Silver Bard

Sep 2, 2015
Lexy was a futa character I wrote back in October 2015. Or at least thats when I had most of her scenes written anyway.
Since then I have passed the stuff I wrote onto both nergantre and the bard himself.

I actually didn't think that either of them got around to adding anything from her (probably because of the shoddy style most of my notes were in) but I guess some stuff made it into the code.

I'm still holding onto the stuff you wrote for Lexy. I'll probably add her soon, but I need to flesh out her skillset more..

Technicolour

Apr 14, 2016
As has been mentioned, the AI is in serious need of some work. Currently, it just tries all available actions and sees what worked best, then goes with that. That works fine for single turns, but it means there's little to no planning going on. The AI modifier system was an attempt to alleviate this by biasing the system to more 'interesting' moves rather than just the good ones, but it hasn't done much. What's needed is an entirely new system. So what I want to do is to build a series of behavior trees to provide more structure to the AI. Trouble is, those things have to be designed, which means I have to know effective strategies. Currently, I know precisely one play style: my own. That's not enough. If, after doing the remaining addictions, I were to provide a more detailed 'play-by-play' logging mechanism, would people be prepared to share those logs? I get that it's somewhat private, which is why I ask, but it would really help.

I would be willing to share those logs.

As always the fear is with the AI becoming too predictable [?], though i guess it's always a balance. Still, very interested to see what could come out of this.

(Also, i still have a habit of losing on purpose because im a slut xD, don't know how much that would affect the logs)