Nightgames Mod (v2.5.1.2) updated 2/11/17

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
ok so 2 things first off when you click options and you can do female vs male preference and move the slider what does that do? cause i have not seen any changes. also you might want to under power angel because she is unbeatble for me because i end up getting faced against attacks that do about 50 damage.

The Male Preference slider influences how likely the girls are to grow cocks once that option opens up at level 10. Before that, it does nothing.

About Angel, what level was she at? And your character? Did you try different strategies?

blegar1

Sep 1, 2015
The Male Preference slider influences how likely the girls are to grow cocks once that option opens up at level 10. Before that, it does nothing.

About Angel, what level was she at? And your character? Did you try different strategies?

So if the slider is completely to the right they probably will grow a cock? Also about angel only good and painfully slow strategy i found was just make sure she can't attack  so i had to use the hypnotism attack then keep using attacks bind her then repeat and i was level 45 3 levels higher than her apparantly her angel form is pretty much unbeatble even though i learnt stratergy's for the other participants

Last edited by a moderator:

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
So if the slider is completely to the right they probably will grow a cock? Also about angel only good and painfully slow strategy i found was just make sure she can't attack  so i had to use the hypnotism attack then keep using attacks bind her then repeat and i was level 45 3 levels higher than her apparantly her angel form is pretty much unbeatble even though i learnt stratergy's for the other participants

You are correct about the slider. It doesn't offer guarantees, but the odds are pretty good. Personally, I don't feel Angel is too strong, although she's certainly one of the hardest opponents. You mentioned getting dealt 50 damage, but that is not excessively high at those levels, even if it's common. 

@nergantre, there is a constant in rateMove which, if memory serves, controls the difficulty of the AI. Or at least a significant aspect of it. Perhaps that could be turned into another slider? 

blegar1

Sep 1, 2015
You are correct about the slider. It doesn't offer guarantees, but the odds are pretty good. Personally, I don't feel Angel is too strong, although she's certainly one of the hardest opponents. You mentioned getting dealt 50 damage, but that is not excessively high at those levels, even if it's common. 

@nergantre, there is a constant in rateMove which, if memory serves, controls the difficulty of the AI. Or at least a significant aspect of it. Perhaps that could be turned into another slider? 

yeah but since she uses the same move constantly i'm considered helpless to the barrage of attacks sometimes

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
yeah but since she uses the same move constantly i'm considered helpless to the barrage of attacks sometimes

What move is that? Perhaps one of the default AI modifiers is a bit too enthusiastic.

Also a heads-up: Due to a single missing letter, the Experienced Lover trait will actually increase the amount of damage received by the user of Thrust or Ride. All other fuck skills work fine, but this is something to consider when picking traits until it's fixed.

blegar1

Sep 1, 2015
What move is that? Perhaps one of the default AI modifiers is a bit too enthusiastic.

Also a heads-up: Due to a single missing letter, the Experienced Lover trait will actually increase the amount of damage received by the user of Thrust or Ride. All other fuck skills work fine, but this is something to consider when picking traits until it's fixed.

it's deep kiss and since sometimes her kiss can give me a status i get lowered down to the weakest moves and unless i build the mojo quick enough she does more damage to me than i do to her

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
it's deep kiss and since sometimes her kiss can give me a status i get lowered down to the weakest moves and unless i build the mojo quick enough she does more damage to me than i do to her

Angel doesn't get any specific bonuses to that move, but if you feel she's using it too much, you can tune it down:

-Open DefaultAiModifications.json in a text editor. It can be found in the data folder.

-Find Angel's section, it should be right at the top.

-Add the following entry:

{
"type" : "skill",
"value" : "nightgames.skills.Kiss",
"weight" : -1.0
}That should make her a lot less likely to kiss you. You can lower the number even further if you want her to do so even less.

blegar1

Sep 1, 2015
Angel doesn't get any specific bonuses to that move, but if you feel she's using it too much, you can tune it down:

-Open DefaultAiModifications.json in a text editor. It can be found in the data folder.

-Find Angel's section, it should be right at the top.

-Add the following entry:

{
"type" : "skill",
"value" : "nightgames.skills.Kiss",
"weight" : -1.0
}That should make her a lot less likely to kiss you. You can lower the number even further if you want her to do so even less.

no it is i believe you can do that at some point where if you kiss someone there's a chance they'll get enthralled and it'll srsly make the fight a lot tougher seems like only way of countering it is using eyes of temptation so the attack does not get me it's the status chance

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
no it is i believe you can do that at some point where if you kiss someone there's a chance they'll get enthralled and it'll srsly make the fight a lot tougher seems like only way of countering it is using eyes of temptation so the attack does not get me it's the status chance

Deep Kiss, Drain Kiss and Kiss are actually all just Kiss. It just gets a different name and effect based on your attributes.

Oct 3, 2015
I can't figure out how to get the Animism stat, or how to level it, I know it exists, and I even have all the mods from Kat, just can't make it work at all.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@Shawkerson, sorry you actually can't right now :\. In the original game I think it was meant to be a kat exclusive stat, and I never added a way to get it in the modded version of the game. Just so we're clear, you can't get these attributes at all right now: Technique, Bio, Animism

@blegar1, at level 43, you should have enough willpower and maximum arousal to tank out 50 pleasure kisses... Angel usually isn't very dangerous unless you fuck her or let her fuck you. What did you put your level up points into?

@EAnil, sorry no android plans unfortunately. It wouldn't work very well on phones with the UI, and honestly I have no motivation to try to make it work. If anyone wants to do it though, the source code is freely available on github :D

Anyways, hey guys, just dropping by to say I'm not dead. Work has been really busy lately, and I haven't had any time to work on games. That said though, I'm actually sneakily working on a new project. The nightgames mod has been a ton of fun to do, but sometimes, it feels really constraining to write for other people's characters. The game is at a place where most of the work is filling in writing, and I'm finding myself sitting at a blank word doc half the time, spacing out.

So sorry to everyone, but I think I'm going to stop working on Nightgames mod aside from merging in any fixes or new features other people have submitted to me for the near future (I may pick it up again after a month or two though, which is what happened last time).

Anyways, a bit of a sneak peek on what I'm working on next (all tentative for now), just in case you're interested

Title Ideas:
- Succubus Uprising
- Succubus Princess
- Fallen Princess
- Succubus Revival

Basic plot:
- You play a princess (prince?) of a kingdom. Your entire family is killed by a usurper at the beginning of the game. You manage to get away by contracting a demoness sleeping in the family heirloom necklace you were wearing. She saves your life by whisking 
- You borrow the demoness's power to try and reclaim the throne. Balance using the demon's abilities with the corruption you receive by doing so.

Characters:
- Demoness of the necklace:
    - Unnamed for now
    - She is actually an ancient succubus queen, ruling over a demon nation that the humans conquered.
    - She's technically also your ancestor, as the previous demon royal blood has been mixed with the conqueror's, giving the new royal family more strength and magic powers than normal humans.
    - She generally tries to help you, but in her own lewd ways.
    - She is also trying to corrupt you into a demon, which she justifies as something that would make you happier.
    - The former queen actually likes humans in general, even though she was defeated and sealed into a crystal by them.
        - That said, she prefers them corrupted into a more pleasing form, with minds that focuses on more pleasurable pursuits.
    - A bit of an airhead, not much regality for a queen.
    - Most of her powers have diminished over the years that she's been sealed, so she isn't really able to do much at first.

- Princess:
    - Named by the player
    - You are a unwed naive princess.
    - Being the youngest of 3 royal heirs, you were sheltered by your loving family when you were young, so you do not have very many life skills.
    - Brought up by your father the king, you have always had a strong sense of justice, and enjoys helping people.
    - You admired the royal guard for their bravery and chivalry. You wanted to join the royal knights since you wont be needed to inherit the throne.
    - When the usurper came and seized the throne, your parents and older brothers protected you and died to the betrayer's soldiers
    - You are completely inexperienced sexually, and will refuse to do many lewd acts. The demoness will help you get over that.

- Usurper:
    - A powerful noble that conspired to seize the throne with the rest of the nobility.
    - Motivations are the king's popularity, and recent mandates that benefited the commoners more than the aristocracy.

Objectives:
- Amass enough power to seize the throne.
    - Get powerful relics from the labyrinth under the city
    - Convince (or corrupt) people to help you
    - Upgrade your own power through training/leveling/modifications
- Keep corruption below your will stat, or gameover happens
- Stay low profile enough to not attract exorcists from the church

Basic gameplay:
- Day/Night cycle,
    - 3 actions in day time
    - 2 actions in night time
- day time is for training/visiting people/shopping/delving into the labyrinth
- night time is for sex training/seduction/corrupting people/harvesting life force
- Labyrinth/day time fights are mostly non-sexual, maybe with some tease tactics thrown in.
    - If you beat other adventurers/humanoids in the labyrinth, you can drain them once you have enough corruption/demon transformation
    - There will be a lot of random events in the labyrinth, and the better prepared you are with artifacts and skills, the deeper down you will be able to go.
- Corrupting people will play out differently per character.
    - Generally, you will need to:
        1. gain their trust (romance them, help them, convince them) OR capture them (kidnap them, capture them, etc)
        2. inflict enough corruption on them (could be anything from infusing them with your mana, making them drink corrupting concoctions, etc)
        3. break their spirit (sex them enough to make them give in, or special events depending on the NPC)
        4. have a transformation catalyst (if they can be corrupted into a slime girl, you may need a large glob of magically infused slime)
- Convincing people works similarly, but is less effective in the final battle unless they are a soldier:
    1. Gain their trust OR seduce them
    2. Charisma and sex skills are more important here than in corrupting people

Redscizor

Sep 2, 2015
Interesting, only MC TF to demon and other characters TF to monster girls?

java too, or what do you use?

MC want be demon or a monster? I think is a very slow corruption

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
Ok, initially i like the game you are making. However i recommend that you focus on one gender, its your choice male or female but the best games with sexual content have usually just one gender.

Thinking about it, the optimal would be to be a "male", why?, because you chose a succubus airhead, i feel that the teasing that she can make to the mc is actually quite good, another reason is that you worked in night games and the focus was with the male gender, but at the same time if you feel that you prefer a princess then dont mind this.

Now... about the features i would like to propose a little modification, do not use willpower for that, i think that it would be better if you used it with npc interactions or circunstances, for example bad endings, being forced to have sex for example would take a bit of your willpower and you could use it to affect future endings, not everything should be bad endings, for example she could become a slave if she doesnt have enough willpower or everything your imagination can think, i would propose that it can even affect your decisions, sometimes even force you to take certain actions that may/may not have been a posible option.

About the stat which will "fight" corruption i would add conscientiousness, because it would represent "how much you are in control of your body", to increase it you would have to meditate or do different actions so that you can control your desire.

For the last thing, i would make it possible not only to gain life force but to lose it, why? because its not a complete transformation so there are a few... defects or weak points. Im one of those who thinks its funny when the enemys can become stronger because of you :).

Have a nice day.

Marsproject

Oct 6, 2015
Forgive me for asking but I was wondering about something i've seen.  When I start I choose a female character, but once I beat one of the other girls the second paragraph of the victory sex refers to my character as a male or herm.  I.E. "Cassie smiles sheepishly and takes hold of your still hard cock."  And, "As a girl it would be a disgrace to get a boy all hot and bothered, only to have another girl make him cum."

Why does my character morph into a male in these scenes and then back to female once its over?

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Forgive me for asking but I was wondering about something i've seen.  When I start I choose a female character, but once I beat one of the other girls the second paragraph of the victory sex refers to my character as a male or herm.  I.E. "Cassie smiles sheepishly and takes hold of your still hard cock."  And, "As a girl it would be a disgrace to get a boy all hot and bothered, only to have another girl make him cum."

Why does my character morph into a male in these scenes and then back to female once its over?

The answer is tragically simple: those scenes do not exist. The original Night Games wad written with a male protagonist and no way to change gender, so a lot of things were hard-coded with male anatomy and pronouns. Nergantre created a system with a more flexible view on gender, but the existing scenes were not affected by this, only new ones use it. The problem is not that these scenes cannot be added, it would indeed be rather simple, the problem is that they haven't been written. Nergantre recently mentioned staring at a blank document when he was trying to write something, and I share that particular affliction. If someone else were to write these, it would be easy to add them, though. 

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015
Been following this game for a while, but this is my first post. 

I modified samantha.json to turn Samantha into a male NPC called Samuel. See attached. (I had to keep the filename the same.)

The modified file contains a scene for Player draws with Samantha. I also made some changes to weights and anatomy. It seems to work okay (in-battle text is hardcoded so still shows Samuel as female). But for some reason I can't actually fuck/assfuck Samuel, or vice versa.

edit: Hotfixed to remove breasts...

edit: Further tinkering

View attachment samantha.json

higi

Oct 3, 2015
How in the world do you play this game I got all the files and everything but when I look in the files I don't see any start game here icons.

nergantre

Aug 28, 2015
@higi, did you install java 8 like the first post mentioned? if so, then double click on the jar file in the unzipped folder.

@ataraxia, strange, it looks like it would work... was there any errors in the logs?

@mars, yup as dndw says, there's a lot of missing scenes. Sorry about that.

@ases, thanks for the comments. like I said, this is all pretty tentative, and may change. I think the main character will be end up being a girl for sure right now, at least in the story I was envisioning. Was wondering if I was going to add a forced tg option. It'll just be flavor backstory anyways, so it probably wont matter.

@red, the plan right now is for the mc to have a slow transformation into a half/full demon through the course of the game. In addition to that, you will have many NPCs across the town to transform into monster girls, kind of like village of nightmares if you've played that. Every target you corrupt will end up as a monster girl of some kind (whether or not they start off as a guy). The corruption of side characters wont be COMPLETELY necessary in the plot, but will help you a lot and is the majority of the side quests.

Anyways, I know the setting/fetishes wont please everyone, but it's just something I wanted to do. There's plenty of other games out there catering to specific needs :p

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
@higi, did you install java 8 like the first post mentioned? if so, then double click on the jar file in the unzipped folder.

@ataraxia, strange, it looks like it would work... was there any errors in the logs?

@mars, yup as dndw says, there's a lot of missing scenes. Sorry about that.

@ases, thanks for the comments. like I said, this is all pretty tentative, and may change. I think the main character will be end up being a girl for sure right now, at least in the story I was envisioning. Was wondering if I was going to add a forced tg option. It'll just be flavor backstory anyways, so it probably wont matter.

@red, the plan right now is for the mc to have a slow transformation into a half/full demon through the course of the game. In addition to that, you will have many NPCs across the town to transform into monster girls, kind of like village of nightmares if you've played that. Every target you corrupt will end up as a monster girl of some kind (whether or not they start off as a guy). The corruption of side characters wont be COMPLETELY necessary in the plot, but will help you a lot and is the majority of the side quests.

Anyways, I know the setting/fetishes wont please everyone, but it's just something I wanted to do. There's plenty of other games out there catering to specific needs :p

I think i now understand better what you want to do... when i played that game it started ok but it felt too easy to corrupt people, and the npc interaction was a bit meh...

I think that if you could do better those two points then it will be a good game.

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015

Hey nergantre :)

No obvious errors in the logs. The logs did show that I should not have too many copies of the same file in the game folder as they seem to all get loaded on starting. However I sorted this out and it did not fix the problem with Samuel.

I did some more testing and my best guess is that there is some hardcoded limitation within the game .jar itself that prevents the player from assfucking male NPCs and maybe an absence of code to allow male NPCs to fuck the player. Samuel behaves normally (i.e. like a girl with a girl-cock) if I change the line in the character file to make him female again (i.e. "sex":"female",).

Character images and .json file attached. Had to use 7-Zip for this as .zip folder would not upload properly to the forum.

View attachment samuel.json

View attachment README.txt

View attachment samuel.7z  - contains images

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015
Created a second male NPC character called Travis. 

From the README: 

Travis - 'male' NPC for Night Games Mod 1_8_3_1

To include Travis in your game copy the contents of "assets" to the game's assets folder and the contents of "characters" to the game's characters folder. Also edit included.json!

Travis is a dominant power-focused bondage-loving character a little bit like Jewel. His victory and defeat scenes include some elements of bondage and borderline non-consensual activity. 

Travis's sex has been set to female for now because fucking and assfucking don't seem to work properly when set to male.

Travis's sex will be reported as female during battle scenes regardless of settings. Only written scenes will reflect his 'male' gender. These scenes assume the player character is male.

View attachment travis.7z

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Nice job on those characters! 

I did some more testing and my best guess is that there is some hardcoded limitation within the game .jar itself that prevents the player from assfucking male NPCs and maybe an absence of code to allow male NPCs to fuck the player. 

I think you're right, and I also think it's accidental. It seems to me as if the AssFuck skill requires the current position to be 'insertable', that is, that there sould be some other position that can be reached by starting penetration. That sounds perfectly reasonable, but the code that checks this requirements stipulates that the 'pitcher' must have an insertable part (cock or strapon), and the 'catcher' a pussy. It does not say anything about asses. The way the checks are implemented in the skills, the skill asks whether insertion is possible with either partner being dominant, so it checks twice. When a male player is holding a female player from behind, it will see that the girl has a pussy (even though it's not used), and allow the skill. In the reverse case, when the girl is wearing a strapon, it will see that the player does not have a pussy, but then it will also check for player-dominant sex, which is again possible even though it won't happen in this case (the check is superfluous). This double checking is what has hidden the error so far, it only becomes clear when neither combatant is female.

Technical details follow:

AssFuck#usable seems to be largely copied from Fuck, and in particular the following two clauses stand out:

(c.getStance().insert(getSelf(), getSelf()) != c.getStance() || c.getStance().insert(target, getSelf()) != c.getStance())This is the double check outlined above. AbstractFacingScene and AbstractBehindScene implement Position#insert thusly:

// Initialize
if (pitcher.body.getRandomInsertable() == null || !catcher.hasPussy()) {
// invalid
return this;
}
// Pick specific position to transition to And herein lies the problem. These two classes are the parents of most notably Behind, Mount and ReverseMount, which I think are the only positions in which anal sex can be initiated. There should probably either be an insertAnal method, or an additional parameter introduced to the existing method.

Vintrion

Sep 15, 2015
-snip- derp

Can't delete post, hrm.

Can there by a hypothetical trap character that is regarded as female then? Oh wait, just realized why that wouldn't work, and then you'd provably need custom double-team scenes.

EDIT: -snip- -snippy snip- -citizen snippers-

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
Can there by a hypothetical trap character that is regarded as female then? Oh wait, just realized why that wouldn't work, and then you'd provably need custom double-team scenes.

Characters are regarded as female if and only if they have a pussy, regardless of any other anatomy they may or may not possess. It would be trivial to add a 'Trap' trait to override this behavior, though. For everything to make sense,  you will indeed need new scenes. The characters will load and play just fine without them, but the existing scenes may mention non-existent body parts. 

Vasin

Aug 27, 2015
What would be required to make a new character and get the game to recognize them? I messed with creating one a while back using Rosea's document, but I wasn't able to implement her in the game. It'd break, sometimes, if I tried.

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
What would be required to make a new character and get the game to recognize them? I messed with creating one a while back using Rosea's document, but I wasn't able to implement her in the game. It'd break, sometimes, if I tried.

You'd have to add the file name to included.json and then meet the requirements you specified in the file. If there are any errors, the log may help in tracking them down. 

dndw

Aug 27, 2015
I tried that, but the character I made never showed up in the game.

Are you sure you got all the requirements right? You might also want to check the logs anyway even if it didn't crash. 

Varlance

Oct 6, 2015

You have to edit one of the lines in the character .json file to create a button like the ones that allow you to add Samantha and Rosea. Have a look at the file for Samantha - it's the first line that mentions 1500 (her cost). I can be more specific later when I am not posting from a phone.