CoCEd - A save editor

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
CoC has two different, and incompatible, save file types: "Slot" format saves (a.k.a. those created via the "Save" button) and "Save to File" format saves (a.k.a. those created by the "Save to File" button). Attempting to load a "Slot" save as though it were a "Save to File" save, or vice versa, will cause CoC to think the save is corrupt, at best, or see the save deleted, at worse. CoCEd's import dialog (Open > Import…) allows you to specify the format type of the save file you're trying to load—the export dialog (Save As > Export…) is similar. Based on the issues experienced, I'm assuming that, at least, some of you have tried to export a "Save to File" save without actually selecting that format (the default is "Slot" format)—or vice versa.  When using Import/Export, you must get the format correct.

Also, a suggestion I've made before.  Try copying the save file to your computer, edit it there, then copy it back to your mobile device.  It shouldn't matter, however, it's one less thing that might be going wrong.

Feb 6, 2016
CoC has two different, and incompatible, save file types: "Slot" format saves (a.k.a. those created via the "Save" button) and "Save to File" format saves (a.k.a. those created by the "Save to File" button). Attempting to load a "Slot" save as though it were a "Save to File" save, or vice versa, will cause CoC to think the save is corrupt, at best, or see the save deleted, at worse. CoCEd's import dialog (Open > Import…) allows you to specify the format type of the save file you're trying to load—the export dialog (Save As > Export…) is similar. Based on the issues experienced, I'm assuming that, at least, some of you have tried to export a "Save to File" save without actually selecting that format (the default is "Slot" format)—or vice versa.  When using Import/Export, you must get the format correct.

Also, a suggestion I've made before.  Try copying the save file to your computer, edit it there, then copy it back to your mobile device.  It shouldn't matter, however, it's one less thing that might be going wrong.

first, thank yo for taking the time to respond, and i apologize if my responses sound a bit... frustrated. 

i tried using the save to file... file.., as a save to file.. file,  but CoCed says its a slot format file, despite it not being one, so first it gives me this error:

[CoCEd: 1.2.22.34294]
System.NotImplementedException: Unknown endianness
   at CoCEd.Model.AmfReader.ReadStandardFile(AmfFile file, String& name) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\Model\AmfReader.cs:line 52
   at CoCEd.Model.AmfFile..ctor(String path) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\Model\AmfFile.cs:line 37

then it gives me this one:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Select[TSource,TResult](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
   at CoCEd.ViewModel.ArrayVM`1..ctor(AmfObject obj, Func`2 selector) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\VM.cs:line 267
   at CoCEd.ViewModel.GameVM..ctor(AmfFile file, GameVM previousVM, Boolean isRevampMod) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\GameVM.cs:line 69
   at CoCEd.ViewModel.VM.Load(String path, SerializationFormat expectedFormat, Boolean createBackup) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\VM.cs:line 127
   at CoCEd.ViewModel.ImportRootVM.OnClick() in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\ViewModel\FilesVM.cs:line 255
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

the problem being if i then try to load it as a SLOT file, i get the error i received earlier. 

likewise, when i use the regular save files, found in my local storage folder after using the regular save button, they are all saved as "localstorage" files or "localstorage-journal" files, so it also doesnt work, and gives me this error:

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\generalking007\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\https_www.fenoxo.com_0.localstorage' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at CoCEd.Model.AmfFile..ctor(String path) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\Model\AmfFile.cs:line 32

followed by this error (sorry for the big post here):

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\generalking007\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\https_www.fenoxo.com_0.localstorage' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at CoCEd.Model.AmfFile..ctor(String path) in c:\Users\tmedwards\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\CoCEd\CoCEd\Model\AmfFile.cs:line 32

i am really confused. am i jsut being an idiot here or is something actually wrong, id be fine with either at this point. 

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
i tried using the save to file... file.., as a save to file.. file,  but CoCed says its a slot format file, despite it not being one, so first it gives me this error:

System.NotImplementedException: Unknown endianness
   […]

then it gives me this one:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
   […]

the problem being if i then try to load it as a SLOT file, i get the error i received earlier.

AMF files should have one endianness (network or big-endian), so you should not be seeing an endianness exception.  Either the file is not what you think it is or Save to File is producing non-standard results for you.  The null exception is likely simply a symptom of the former.

I can't say more without a save file to analyze.  If you can upload a save file (which gives you the endianness exception) someplace, I can take a look at it.

Also.  What OS are you using (name, version, bitness)?  Which Chrome are you using (version, bitness)?

likewise, when i use the regular save files, found in my local storage folder after using the regular save button, they are all saved as "localstorage" files or "localstorage-journal" files, so it also doesnt work, and gives me this error:

[…]

That is not where your save files are (any of them).  If by "regular" saves you mean "Slot format" saves, then simply open CoCEd after creating the save (CoCEd only assembles the in-use saves directories at startup) and you should see it within the Open menu (under Local (Chrome[…]), LocalWithNet (Chrome[…]), or Online (Chrome[…]); I think you get the picture).

Where exactly each directory is varies, but they should be under a path like:

"C:\Users\generalking007\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\{CHROME_ID}\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\{FLASH_ID}\{TYPE}"

• Where {CHROME_ID} is probably something like: "Default" or "Profile …".
  • And {FLASH_ID} is a random looking sequence of letters and numbers (e.g. "F3H2IM08").
  • And {TYPE} is one of the following (based on how you're playing CoC): "localhost", "#localWithNet", or "www.fenoxo.com".

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 6, 2016
AMF files should have one endianness (network or big-endian), so you should not be seeing an endianness exception.  Either the file is not what you think it is or Save to File is producing non-standard results for you.  The null exception is likely simply a symptom of the former.

I can't say more without a save file to analyze.  If you can upload a save file (which gives you the endianness exception) someplace, I can take a look at it.

Also.  What OS are you using (name, version, bitness)?  Which Chrome are you using (version, bitness)?

That is not where your save files are (any of them).  If by "regular" saves you mean "Slot format" saves, then simply open CoCEd after creating the save (CoCEd only assembles the in-use saves directories at startup) and you should see it within the Open menu (under Local (Chrome[…]), LocalWithNet (Chrome[…]), or Online (Chrome[…]); I think you get the picture).

Where exactly each directory is varies, but they should be under a path like:

"C:\Users\generalking007\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\{CHROME_ID}\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects\{FLASH_ID}\{TYPE}"

• Where {CHROME_ID} is probably something like: "Default" or "Profile …".
  • And {FLASH_ID} is a random looking sequence of letters and numbers (e.g. "F3H2IM08").
  • And {TYPE} is one of the following (based on how you're playing CoC): "localhost", "#localWithNet", or "www.fenoxo.com".

first, again, thank you for your help, as for the save file, ill add them here, since both give me the same error. the reason i went to the spot i did to find the regular old save files is i did a full computer search for "fenoxo" and thats all that came up, as fopr the path you gave me, it leads nowhere, since i did a search for #sharedobjects, and cant seem to find the files there, so i have no idea where the files would be. 

again, sorry of the tone of this seems frustrated, i am grateful you are taking your free time to help me.

View attachment test for character creator

View attachment test 2 for char-acter editor

Feb 6, 2016
Those are Fall of Eden (FoE) saves, not Corruption of Champions (CoC) saves.

... ok, so i am jsut an idiot.. thtas good to know xD  ill try actually playing corruption of champions then.

oh, an d sorry for wasting a crap load of your time being oblivious to my own failure

Lokey478

Oct 23, 2015
Ok I've managed to properly edit my save data but I can't transfer it to my android phone the game doesn't do anything when I choose the load file option.

f4s1k1n

Aug 28, 2015
What do you have to make the file save as, using .swf and .sol do not work

Just use save to file,,, there will be no extension to save file (asdf not asdf.sol). Sorry if this post is not helpful,,, at least i tried,,,

Longbow

Feb 10, 2016
Thank you for maintaining this. I'm not sure I would want to go back to CoC without the editor, these days. Too used to the convenience.

SuperSel V2

Apr 27, 2016
I feel kinda stupid about this, but I can't find the CoCEd.exe program at all.  I fallowed the instructions exactly, downloaded the latest version, extracted it, looked in the directory, but the program is nowhere to be found. Halp?

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
If you downloaded the correct file, CoCEd-1.2.25.zip, and unarchived it properly, then you should see five files:

1. CoCEd.Data.xml
  2. CoCEd.DataRevampMod.xml
  3. CoCEd.exe
  4. CoCEd.license.txt
  5. CoCEd.pdb

Depending on your Explorer settings it may, or may not, be showing the file extensions.  The one you want is the one that looks like an executable.

If you do not see those files, then you likely downloaded one of the source archives—in which case, download the correct file.

Nythias

Jan 3, 2016
I'm having issues loading in my revamp mod saves again. Specifically my mobile one...

Halp? I want Kelt back!

I wanted to turn him into Kelly, yet instead kicked him on his ass and now I can't get him again.

asd

Apr 21, 2016
In the body page of the editor i can't choose the centaur lower body anymore, and when i tried to become a centaur with the items it count it as a quadruped hoofed.

I'm using the latest version of the editor and the revamp mod.

There is a way to fix this bug?

Cattura.PNG

Screenshot (12).png

Sanguinis

Aug 30, 2015
In the body page of the editor i can't choose the centaur lower body anymore, and when i tried to become a centaur with the items it count it as a quadruped hoofed.

I'm using the latest version of the editor and the revamp mod.

There is a way to fix this bug?

Not a bug, quadruped replaced centaur a while ago.  It just literally means four feet.  You'll still have your humanoid upper body.

asd

Apr 21, 2016
ah, i was hoping that with the centaur lower body i could change the lower part's fur colour while having the upper part with no fur

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
ah, i was hoping that with the centaur lower body i could change the lower part's fur colour while having the upper part with no fur

Nothing was changed in color management. Change just allowed to be non-equine taur.

SoulSaber

May 28, 2016
I was wondering if there was a way for someone to make a save editor similar to this but for the game TiTs Trials in Tainted space. If so that would be awesome.

Drag0n2k16

May 30, 2016
Does anybody know if there are currently any plans to add support for other Operating Systems like OS X and Linux?

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
Unless there is unmanaged code in the assembly it should work fine.

That or any number of other things that Mono doesn't bother to support.  WPF for example, which CoCEd uses for its UI.

bigman99

Jun 2, 2016
for some reason no matter what I try the CoC program won't recognise the edited file/save as a save. I've saved it as a .sol and just a file and it seems to work for the file version but rather than loading just says "! File is either corrupted or not a valid save". can anyone recommend a way to fix or bypass this so I can load the file?

TheMadExile

Aug 27, 2015
If you exported it as a .sol file (i.e. a "Slot" format save), then you cannot load it via Load File.  Either save it to a slot or choose the correct file type when exporting—for Load File that would be the "Save to File" format (the default, even for exports, is the "Slot" format).