Hn0's Custom Image Pack [Version 6]

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
And I got my answer as well. Imgur is just for previewing the images, archive here: https://mega.nz/#!n0c1RbYL!kK_mu-ZHQ2RVSedsJXb-f5oKcL4eA7GR15kfqRtdGaY

Jesus, I put together almost 400 images, at least 300 of them I just found. They could all probably be cropped, compressed, and reviewed. I just realized this is probably the reason my load times have been so bad lately.

These are great. You should absolutely make a dedicated topic for them as well. The Kiha hug one especially.

NPHaPWh.jpg

Look at that! I feel horrible for fighting her now.

Ironclad

Dec 5, 2015
I don't know making people look in a bunch of different places could get confusing. I'd rather some of them get incorporated into your image pack, and if people want they can pick and choose any you left out from the thread. First things first, need to fix the load time issues and shrink these down, my current image folder has 1,000+ files and is nearly 500 MB. What dimensions should I aim for in resizing? 600x800 I guess is a good size to aim for, 800 or so of the pics are bigger than that and account for the size bloat.

I think epidemico said he was going with .jpeg but that brings up one problem, transparency. There is a workaround with .png overlay that just contains the alpha mask to save space but I don't know if CoC is capable of that. It should be technically possible with flash, but I don't know anything about coding.
http://peterhrynkow.com/how-to-compress-a-png-like-a-jpeg/
http://bandwidthjunkies.com/blog/2010/10/quickly-mask-images-in-flash/

This works perfectly for shrinking down .png and keeping transparency! No need to worry about masking overlays after all: https://tinypng.com/

I'm in the process of converting the images without transparency using this GIMP plugin for batch editing: http://registry.gimp.org/node/26259

Now I'm wondering if I should add transparency to a bunch of images with empty backgrounds.

Last when I have the energy, the anemone, kid A, and googirl assets should be differentiated and organized better.

UPDATE: Wow, resizing and converting to .jpeg reduced 400 MB worth of pics to 50 MB and I see no difference in quality at 600x800. Final filesize should be a fifth of the originals. About 200 left to do, transparency is working nicely while filesize is still low. Also turns out I can shrink the .png in the batch plugin, no need for tinypng.

Last edited by a moderator:

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015

Well if you find a place to host the images, I can add a link to the main topic. For that many images, an imgur album would be clunky.

There's not a hole lot of difference between Kid A and Goo girl. Kid A is blue while Goo girl can be blue, purple or clear. After that point, i just pick whichever pic looks younger and cuter and those go to Kid A.

Down to 50mb. I should consider that.

Ironclad

Dec 5, 2015
Fair enough but I was thinking something besides slime girls for the Anemone. I can find squid/octopus girls pretty easily. Will do that next.

UPDATE: Finally happy with how the transparency looks. 150 images to edit, should be done Tuesday, maybe Monday. Total file size of the image pack should be a little over 100 MB which I'm content with. Please god no more images with white backgrounds. Images are relatively small with a width of 600 pixels but I think it's a good compromise to prevent filesize bloat.

Matt98

Jan 2, 2016
Heya, not sure how often you check back here so I won't hold my breath. For some reason I can't get the pack to work. It was working fine until suddenly it just stopped. I'm running the revamp mod and I have everything in the right place: folder titled img in the same directory as coc (yes it's unzipped). The game is just not detecting it at all. I thought the game might have been corrupted somehow (incidental pun FTW), but re-downloading it did nothing. Any ideas? Oh, and I'm using playing on firefox 47 with adobe flash in case that matters.

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015

In Main Menu > Debug Info, does it say any images have been loaded into the cache?

In Main Menu > Settings > Interface, is Image Pack set to ON?

If not, could you also send a screenshot of the folder with the .swf file and img folder in it, as well as a screen shot of inside the img folder.

Matt98

Jan 2, 2016
In Main Menu > Debug Info, does it say any images have been loaded into the cache?

In Main Menu > Settings > Interface, is Image Pack set to ON?

If not, could you also send a screenshot of the folder with the .swf file and img folder in it, as well as a screen shot of inside the img folder.

Shit, sorry for the late reply, I kinda forgot. It says no images have been loaded and it's set to on.

Screenshot (10).png

Screenshot (11).png

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
Shit, sorry for the late reply, I kinda forgot. It says no images have been loaded and it's set to on.

Hrm. Back in Debug Info, is Current Sandbox Mode localWithNetwork? Otherwise, I can't imagine it's a game problem. Looks like it's not scanning the img folder for some reason.

Does it work if you use another browser or a standalone flash player? Maybe running CoC as an Admin?

Does the original CoC work? (https://www.fenoxo.com/play-games/)

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015

DrTentakelliebe

Aug 22, 2016
Okay so a life time ago there was a black and white naga in the img pack, i colored it. I have changed computers a couple of times since and lost it along the way, anyone know where I can find the old naga?

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
Okay so a life time ago there was a black and white naga in the img pack, i colored it. I have changed computers a couple of times since and lost it along the way, anyone know where I can find the old naga?

Probably from the official image pack. This it?

HHWAbRh.jpg

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
I just realized, that there are no scenes for Benoit(e) in the game. And since we've added some new scenes during my Basilisk Eyes Implementation I could add some images.showImage-calls to Benoit.as and some other related scenes.

Just tell me, how the image files should be named or hop over to CoC: Basilisk Eyes and suggest them.

Scenes from bassy eyes implemented so far:

• Male Benoit first talk about basilisk eyes.
  • Female of herm Benoite first talk about basilisk eyes.
  • First time gaining basilisk eyes from Benoit(e) (two pages)
  • Repeat gaining basilisk eyes from Benoit(e) (one page)
  • Benoite first talk about hair-pin (and getting it from Benoit(e)
  • Once per day talk to Benoit(e) about the hair-pin
  • Player with basilisk eyes petrifying an imp
  • Player carrying back an imp stone statue (on shoulder or on back)
  • Player dragging back an imp stone statue on a crude sled.

mmh, well, I guess i have to ditch those, where a third person image is required. The player with bassy eyes can be every damn race out there if he/she never touches a transformative again after gaining basilisk eyes. On the other hand: We could probably always assume, that the player is a basilisk or a dracolisk (with fully grown dragon wings and the rest being lizan + bassy eyes)

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
I just realized, that there are no scenes for Benoit(e) in the game. And since we've added some new scenes during my Basilisk Eyes Implementation I could add some images.showImage-calls to Benoit.as and some other related scenes.

Just tell me, how the image files should be named or hop over to CoC: Basilisk Eyes and suggest them.

Scenes from bassy eyes implemented so far:

• Male Benoit first talk about basilisk eyes.
  • Female of herm Benoite first talk about basilisk eyes.
  • First time gaining basilisk eyes from Benoit(e) (two pages)
  • Repeat gaining basilisk eyes from Benoit(e) (one page)
  • Benoite first talk about hair-pin (and getting it from Benoit(e)
  • Once per day talk to Benoit(e) about the hair-pin
  • Player with basilisk eyes petrifying an imp
  • Player carrying back an imp stone statue (on shoulder or on back)
  • Player dragging back an imp stone statue on a crude sled.

mmh, well, I guess i have to ditch those, where a third person image is required. The player with bassy eyes can be every damn race out there if he/she never touches a transformative again after gaining basilisk eyes. On the other hand: We could probably always assume, that the player is a basilisk or a dracolisk (with fully grown dragon wings and the rest being lizan + bassy eyes)

My suggestion is to start everything with benoit-male- / benoit-female- so it orders nicely in the .xml. Keep the keywords short and simple so people can remember them easily when saving an image.

Then starting all the talk scenes with benoit-male-talk.

You could label all the other scenes like benoit-male-talk-hairpin or benoit-male-talk-eyes, but it's likely there won't be many images that have both basilisks and hairpins, so it might be better to just generalize everything under benoit-male-talk, then add extra image names if anyone requests it.

The other could be called benoit-male-player-statue. Due to most player appearances being a complete mess, i don't bother including images with the player in it, so the pack i play with would likely just have an image of a statue in it.

Of course, i put to much thought into this though, so go with what feels right.

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
The other could be called benoit-male-player-statue. Due to most player appearances being a complete mess, i don't bother including images with the player in it, so the pack i play with would likely just have an image of a statue in it.

Well, the current max lizardScore() in CoC Revamp is 11, so I could simply check for 'if (player.lizardScore() >= 9) or something like that. For dracolisks and dragonewts I've implemented player.hasDragonWingsAndFire() (requires fully grown dragon wings).

In other words, if the player isn't basilisk/lizan enough, the picture won't show.

As a heads up: Heres the lizan-part of player.race()

Code:
if (lizardScore() >= 4)
{
	if (hasDragonWingsAndFire())
		race = isBasilisk() ? "dracolisk" : "dragonewt";
	else
		race = isBasilisk() ? "basilisk"  : "lizan";
	if (isTaur())
		race += "-taur";
	if (lizardScore() >= 9)
		return race; // High lizardScore? always return lizan-race
}

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
Oh and for the sake of adding a player that is basilisk enough to get a third person pic I could add a basiliskScore-function. This could remove points, if for example the wings aren't leathery, if it has antennae or any other body part that won't fit.

Hair would probably excluded aka always be the same hairtype with a fixed hairlength. The only disambiguation I could do would probably bassy spines and maybe bassy plume, but Phase 2, where I've added those 2 new hairtypes was the phase, that used the most work to discuss and implement.

Well anyway, I'd rather do a if (flawless_basilisk_or_dracolisk()) showImage(); else dontShowImage(); rather than handling every damn permutation of possible TF mixmax that player come up with.

TL/DR: Just wait and I'll point you to the final implementation of it. I'll try to make this very strict and if players still complain, that their character looks different than the pic being displayed, then I'd rather make it even stricter.

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
Okay, so it's better now but only about 150 images show instead of all of them. Have you run into this before?

Nay. Are you using the latest download (v6)?

Edit: Or, are you using the official game? It can't use as many images as the modded ones can.

Stadler

Jun 21, 2016
TL/DR: Just wait and I'll point you to the final implementation of it. I'll try to make this very strict and if players still complain, that their character looks different than the pic being displayed, then I'd rather make it even stricter.
As a heads up: Here's a table with the proposed file names: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Feem8Y9B-li4RWlQ-lTBKrN9Jf-j0juiGa6C1k6Vv2o/edit#gid=0

Benoit(e) talk scenes would be dependent on Benoit(e)'s gender
Players imp scenes would be dependent on the players hairStyle or his/her gender (see the remarks there)

jst12

Dec 18, 2016
Hey I'm kind of a moron and need some help...
I can't get the images to work and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong when downloading the mod. I know that the newest version is something like 1.3.20, and my download file is titles Coc_1.0.2_v.01.swf, just want to make sure that's right. I don't see an 'interface' option in the settings area, so something must be wrong there. I can post any relevant screenshots. Sorry if I've made everyone dumber by posting this.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
For mod you need to go to correct mod thread and use download form there not main page of fen site. The one downloaded file you meantioned looks like it's base unmodded version of CoC.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@jst12 That is what Kitteh called Vanilla+ mod. Atm Kitteh working on three mods: one if orginal and oldest Revamp CoC that ia at at 1.3.25 version. Then we got Java version of Revamp CoC that have only few builds and is really in stub form amt. Finaly we got Vanilla+ mod that he started to work on in last few days. So depending which one of those mods you meant to not work with image pack it may be the right or wrong one mod build you downloaded.

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
Hey I'm kind of a moron and need some help...
I can't get the images to work and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong when downloading the mod. I know that the newest version is something like 1.3.20, and my download file is titles Coc_1.0.2_v.01.swf, just want to make sure that's right. I don't see an 'interface' option in the settings area, so something must be wrong there. I can post any relevant screenshots. Sorry if I've made everyone dumber by posting this.
As Ormeal said, you have the Vanilla+ mod. The image pack does work with it though. Have you run through the Issues section on this topic with no problems? In the main menu, in Debug Info, does it say at the bottom "Currently have 161 images loaded into cache."?

If you wanted the Revamp mod, go to Kitteh's Releases here - https://github.com/Kitteh6660/Corruption-of-Champions-Mod/releases - and scroll down till you reach a release with Mod in the title

jst12

Dec 18, 2016
As Ormeal said, you have the Vanilla+ mod. The image pack does work with it though. Have you run through the Issues section on this topic with no problems? In the main menu, in Debug Info, does it say at the bottom "Currently have 161 images loaded into cache."?

If you wanted the Revamp mod, go to Kitteh's Releases here - https://github.com/Kitteh6660/Corruption-of-Champions-Mod/releases - and scroll down till you reach a release with Mod in the title

I think I have it now, with the revamp mod as well as the images. It says 233 images loaded into cache. Is this correct?