Steele's Crew/Followers

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
So, I hate to sound like a jagoff for asking this, but are there ANY plans on adding better crew mate options in future builds? Because two months into this game and after seeing all the potential alien races and what looked like interesting character designs from artwork about it, I'm a little underwhelmed with the ones that are available. I was hoping we'd get Raskvel mechanics/ship hands, Rahn body guards, or maybe even a pet alien plant girls like something out of Little Shop of Horrors. Instead we have a slime girl, a (surprisingly) uninteresting sex bot, and two animal-eared girls (because of course they'd be, right?).

I get the game is in Alpha and those who aren't backers will be the last to ask or know anything about the game, I understand that, but between most of the interactive npcs being half-breeds or modded humans the whole ""alien"" feel of the game is kind of weak - at best.

Again, just wanted to bring up something I was curious about, that's all .

Last edited by a moderator:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
There will eventually be more crewmates.  That said, writing crewmates is hard and takes a long time and not a lot of people want to do it.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I'm mostly fine with the selection we got right now. I would just like to have more interactions between them and them responding more to various events, be it story or changes to the PC (getting preggers, using tf items). Also the ability to sleep with more than one at a time.

CrusaderDurante

Jan 13, 2016
Go look around the Event Submissions and such. There's plenty of followers being worked on. 

Implementing them is pretty low on the priority list seeing as we still have other planets to go. 

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Aside from Yammi (ugh), companions are pretty low on the priority list versus actually progressing the game. More will show up along the way, but not very often.

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Companions take a fair amount of effort to do up and even then that's with a character you can do a lot with but doesn't really interact with other features - going the extra mile there takes a fuck load of effort. Effort that, in the case of Fenoxo and Savin, completely dries up any manner of progression in content in the game for a while. Nevermind whether or not you have an idea to take that far to fruition or whatever, too.

Companions are great fodder for guest writers, mostly because people run up to write their waifu and not various encounters usually. So a bunch pop up as would-be submissions, see; CoC's, but few actually come to fruition. (See; TiTs')

That said, when we get right down to it your question is "hey will there be more content to this game" and the answer is a safe "yes."

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Companions take a fair amount of effort to do up and even then that's with a character you can do a lot with but doesn't really interact with other features - going the extra mile there takes a fuck load of effort. Effort that, in the case of Fenoxo and Savin, completely dries up any manner of progression in content in the game for a while. Nevermind whether or not you have an idea to take that far to fruition or whatever, too.

Companions are great fodder for guest writers, mostly because people run up to write their waifu and not various encounters usually. So a bunch pop up as would-be submissions, see; CoC's, but few actually come to fruition. (See; TiTs')

That said, when we get right down to it your question is "hey will there be more content to this game" and the answer is a safe "yes."

Well it doesn't help that most companion mechanics are locked behind the "Spaceship content" wall.

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
Go look around the Event Submissions and such. There's plenty of followers being worked on. 

Implementing them is pretty low on the priority list seeing as we still have other planets to go. 

I did, and after pages of more half-breeds and some male aliens I can't say I'm majorly impressed or excited to see if they come to fruition. Yes, I'm mostly in this for the  "sex with alien women" genre (as stunningly and frustratingly rare as it is), and while I get there are others who have differing tastes, but after seeing art concepts like the Gorgons, Sirens, Rahn, Tripods, and etc., only to get more runoff from the generic anime factory is kinda boring in comparison.

Could I do any better? Nope, and fenoxo, savin, and gedan, have their work cut out for them.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Even some of the best NPCs are just that, NPCs and not followers, per se. In fact, we only have three so far, no? Celise, Anno, and Bess?

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
Even some of the best NPCs are just that, NPCs and not followers, per se. In fact, we only have three so far, no? Celise, Anno, and Bess?
And Rehea. 

If we add Nova (Gray goo armor) we´ve got five.

Even though she´s not technically a crew member, I like to think of her as one. She does after all live on the ship and is a valuable member helping me out in the Rush.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
You just need to be a bimbo to tame them. You can drag one onto your ship regardless of your status. We have to wait for another npc to be added to tame as a non-bimbo.

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015
I think the next follower that's likely to be implemented is Angus if I'm not mistaken, and he's still a few months away, especially considering the complexity of the character and the amount of coding that will need to be completed.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Won't next follower/crew member be Yammy? If not her I also think it would be Angus. Well this or that way it will be still npc taken from NT (hahah suspicious why all possible next crew member to grab is from NT ^^).

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, if your a bimbo.

Hehehe.

There was an accidental overlook on our parts that let you take varmints onto your ship as inventory items. Anybody can do that, but ATM, only bimbos can Snow White it up and tame them.

Won't next follower/crew member be Yammy?

If I can stop dying and actually get some work in maybe. :V

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
I think the next follower that's likely to be implemented is Angus if I'm not mistaken, and he's still a few months away, especially considering the complexity of the character and the amount of coding that will need to be completed.

finished writing yes probably, implemented is up to devs tho and they haven't even reviewed Angus yet so... keep your fingers crossed!

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
Hehehe.

There was an accidental overlook on our parts that let you take varmints onto your ship as inventory items. Anybody can do that, but ATM, only bimbos can Snow White it up and tame them.

If I can stop dying and actually get some work in maybe. :V

Yammi, the ice cream girl? Why? I mean that as pure inquisitiveness.

FerrousFlint

Mar 14, 2016
Her original author wrote most of a follower xpak, and she was promised as an Offbeatr stretch goal that was hit.

Anyone else promised a follower/NPC as a stretch goal?

It's kinda iffy for me when someone's oc gets top billing for follower/party member status rather than just a unique and interesting character. Last thing I'd want to see is space Excelia

K

Krynh

Yammi doesn't even have that much content to speak of. No sex scene yet either. 

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Anyone else promised a follower/NPC as a stretch goal?

It's kinda iffy for me when someone's oc gets top billing for follower/party member status rather than just a unique and interesting character. Last thing I'd want to see is space Excelia

No.

That said, Yammi was made from the ground up for TiTS; she's not exactly some rando's fursona. 

Yammi doesn't even have that much content to speak of. No sex scene yet either. 

That would be because her author didn't write any :/

K

Krynh

No.

That said, Yammi was made from the ground up for TiTS; she's not exactly some rando's fursona. 

That would be because her author didn't write any :/

Will there be ones in the xpac? Would be a bit odd to have a crew member that you can't have a shag with. 

Last edited: