Observation post of the Observer.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
For those suggesting that the Champion (especially if soulbound with Keros) should be able to take Miko and Rindo as concubines do keep in mind. The Champion is themselves the Consort in his or her marriage and is, at the end of the day, not the authority of the household. I'm not certain a husband-consort would be entitled to a concubine, let alone two. xD
The Observer has talked about concubinage before (as have other writers), so it's already been established that anyone who could have that sort of relationship with the Champion can have it even if you're already married to Kiyoko. Not to mention that literally none of the marriages already in the game are exclusive and none are going to be, so it would be rather odd to put that kind of restriction on concubines within the floofsphere when it doesn't apply to marriage overall.

Now, whether Miko, Mai or Rindo fall into the category of potential concubines is another question.

tmax

May 20, 2021
It is not, and it wasn't. For a husband-consort to have any number of lovers independent of the foxen community though is not quite the same as taking two noteworthy members of said community and officially bringing them into the fold as Concubines of their Den, especially when it isn't really their Den to begin with, it's Kiyoko's Den.

We all know the Kitsune are sticklers for propriety and traditions, and I'm willing to bet all five of my tails this would step on all kinds of lines and toes.

Don't mistake me. I'm not saying it can't happen, nor that it'd be unwelcome if it did happen, but the motion would certainly be challenged. Kiyoko's willingness to share is a well known quantity by now, and her more or less giving her tacit approval of the notion is honestly a blessing, because if she had not it would definitely not happen.

The tricky part though would be gaining the approval or their immedeate family, or guardians in Rindo's case. Mai would not be a problem, I don't think, nor Hitoshi really. Nakano and (most importantly) Komari though... that would be difficult
NGL this totally makes sense to me, and on one half, I usually have a solid and dedicated character for the Kitsune transform, BUT Rindo is just the cutest and best little fox ;-;

I think Rindo is personally the only one I'd actually bother to bring into the mix and might be more possible from that perspective as she has a pretty unique situation as far as her story and looks go obviously. I think Komari mentions maybe pairing her WITH Nakano in some of the dialogue if you talk to her, but this would change depending on your Kinu seed (haha) and the choices made before in the astral plane. I imagine though maybe the goal is to have ONE of her ancestors paired with her though? So, maybe if not Nakano it's Hitoshi instead?

All that being said, Kiyoko is actually pretty possessive, I don't think that she'd allow a full-on marriage concubine because it's kinda opposite how Kitsune society works? For sure she'll do the nasty with the champion and other members if present, but I'm not sure if she'd sanction something beyond a romp in the sheets. She and especially when raising Kinu seems to be a traditionalist at heart, even if she's likely more willing to bend the rules as she's in a colonial governance position away from the main political/social sphere of the throne.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
She and especially when raising Kinu seems to be a traditionalist at heart,
She is, but she also doesn't seem to be opposed to sharing.... in fact I might be inclined to suggest she may have a kink for it.
Also per the link in Wolfram's post...
*Second wives and concubines were common in many oriental cultures.
So no, I don't think she would be terribly opposed on grounds of traditions to taking a concubine into the family as one of her own, at least provided she approves of the choice which she has no reason not to in Mikoto's case, (especially because she encouraged the action that knocked her up) but the Kurokawas need to consent too and at least two of them are likely to be very recalcitent about the idea.

tmax

May 20, 2021
She is, but she also doesn't seem to be opposed to sharing.... in fact I might be inclined to suggest she may have a kink for it.
Also per the link in Wolfram's post...

So no, I don't think she would be terribly opposed on grounds of traditions to taking a concubine into the family as one of her own, at least provided she approves of the choice which she has no reason not to in Mikoto's case, (especially because she encouraged the action that knocked her up) but the Kurokawas need to consent too and at least two of them are likely to be very recalcitent about the idea.
I think I saw someone say it best, as long as you're slinging the cock her way whenever she desires it, the side wives probably don't matter as much. Maybe she's got a bit of the kink in there, she definitely seems to enjoy seeing you fuck Rindo knowing that she's got total control lol. Kiyoko is all about that soft power-wielding for sure and it's hilarious in some of the dialogue, especially when the champion calls her out on it haha.

As for Miko, I'm not sure, she's an alright character but I've never been super attached to the shrine maidens, they're obviously sexy, but don't have an insane amount of interest to me as far as their characters go. The most interesting thing about them really is their relation to Komari and being cursed with their, I dunno what you'd call it, psychic abilities? Curses? Wifing them wouldn't be my first instinct, I think Rindo is the only one I'd even consider for concubine status personally, Kohaku maybe? THAT BEING SAID, there's a lot of side characters in the den so it's kinda hard to judge them based on the limited amount of time TOBs has to write (of which they're also in charge of other characters and writing). Miko's pregnancy in Mayternity was like the first actual content I think she's gotten in forever and it was definitely refreshing to get some more details about her character (and also the lewds lol)

The only thing I'd care about personally though is making sure that as you have two babies who are going to actually grow up by normal means, the two of them and Miko are taken care of properly and not abused in any way. Which I don't THINK would even be a thought in anyone's mind within the den due to (assuming you transform) that you have their gods favor and also that Miko is related to the people in the highest seats of power. Doesn't stop people from talking shit though or being vicious about things.

Reactions: Starstruck

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
Greetings ToBs, i want to ask something about the cannon of your race in charge, the Kitsune, being a matriarchal society, and although it is not the same, the army is also commanded mainly by women? With this referring to the high ranks, since i suppose that the Emperor would have the last word. The same question to the artistic sector if it is not too much trouble.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Lone Wolf115

Greetings ToBs, i want to ask something about the cannon of your race in charge, the Kitsune, being a matriarchal society, and although it is not the same, the army is also commanded mainly by women? With this referring to the high ranks, since i suppose that the Emperor would have the last word. The same question to the artistic sector if it is not too much trouble.
Kero's word is last. The return of the cherry blossom throne means that he is in charge right (can't remember correctly)?

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
The Kitsune are not Matriarchal but Matrilineal. Which is a definition that may be too subtle for some to distinguish.
1626278012088.png

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
The Kitsune are not Matriarchal but Matrilineal. Which is a definition that may be too subtle for some to distinguish.
The main families seem sometimes to have greater authority than the Emperor and are headed by the mother of the family, therefore they are matriarchal by having the greatest power. I know it is not a good reference but it says it explicitly in the codex.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
The best defense here is pointing out that If the foxen were a true Matriarchy then Azami would be Provost, not Nakano, but it is not. He meanwhile is the better warrior, more ambitious than she is, and the Great Great Grandson of the colony's sitting governor, but if the Kitsune were matriarchal all of that would really amount to very little.

There is also the fact that Keros' own words indicates the presence of a Matrilineal infrastructure within their culture, though admittedly the two are not wholly mutually exclusive, the fact that they have an Emperor to begin with as opposed to an Empress only compounds my conclusion.

Now... if you want to talk Matriarchy, I believe you need look no further than the Winter City lol..

Last edited:

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
La mejor defensa aquí es señalar que si los zorros fueran un verdadero Matriarcado, entonces Azami sería Provost, no Nakano, pero no lo es. Mientras tanto, él es el mejor guerrero, más ambicioso que ella, y el bisnieto del gobernador en funciones de la colonia, pero si los Kitsune fueran matriarcales, todo eso en realidad equivaldría a muy poco.

También está el hecho de que las propias palabras de Keros indican la presencia de una infraestructura Matrilineal dentro de su cultura, aunque es cierto que los dos no son totalmente excluyentes, el hecho de que tengan un Emperador para empezar en lugar de una Emperatriz solo agrava mi conclusión. .

Ahora ... si quieres hablar sobre matriarcado, creo que no necesitas buscar más allá de Winter City lol ..
Azami is in charge of the Den scouts, even so, Nakano obeys Komari and perhaps, maybe he is the exception to his rank thanks to his ability (not very recognized in the old country) and his kinship with Komari, while the others could be girls, that's why my question to ToBs.

In the codex he mentions that the only exceptions are the emperor and Keros, but the first mentioned is continually manipulated and obstructed by the clans making it little more than a decorative title.

mikethor007

Jun 26, 2021
... should be able to take Miko and Rindo as concubines ...
What with the way Miko's pregnancy was treated with outright hostility (the vibe i got from the reaction scene was "how dare you!!"), and that Rindo is supposed to be matchmade with whomever Kinu didn't choose... don't see that happening.

Question, when is that Rindo thing supposed to happen? It just didn't in my case, or perhaps it's such a subtle line of text somewhere that I just didn't notice...

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
What with the way Miko's pregnancy was treated with outright hostility (the vibe i got from the reaction scene was "how dare you!!"), and that Rindo is supposed to be matchmade with whomever Kinu didn't choose... don't see that happening.

Question, when is that Rindo thing supposed to happen? It just didn't in my case, or perhaps it's such a subtle line of text somewhere that I just didn't notice...
I hope that changes. It's awfully hard to continue enjoying the game when great characters like Miko and Rindo are thrust in your faces then snatched away to be given to men. (I am rolling my eyes so hard at that cliche). This is why I prefer the Kitsunes in CoC, we the MCs are treated like we actually are one unlike CoC2.

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019
Just wanted to drop in and say i love the dungeons you write! I've always gotta do them more than once cause i feel like there's something new to find every time and i really like that.

Definitely some of my favorite content