Observation post of the Observer.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Kiyoko agrees with you (if I have interpreted her correctly)
She seems cool with it. Rather I was asking Tobs when he was thinking of adding such content. Or if he was even thinking about it.

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
I know kitsune society is matriarchal, but are there plans to do a father's day event? I recently saw the scene of Inari Kinu when she gives us a hug in exchange for a gift, I think it would be a good way for her to open up a little more emotionally with the PC

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
I know kitsune society is matriarchal, but are there plans to do a father's day event? I recently saw the scene of Inari Kinu when she gives us a hug in exchange for a gift, I think it would be a good way for her to open up a little more emotionally with the PC

I think you're oversimplifying. The kitsune are ruled by an emperor (which would make it more of a patriarchal system). The reason why certain women have a huge amount of influence is not because of a matriarchy but because their abilities are passed down through their eldest daughters.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
Tobs_Comms.png

You go home one day to find this. Something feels wrong, but you can't quite place your finger on what. Maybe it's just your imagination.

Aside from having no idea who the girl on the right is or what's going on, I see no issues at all. Guess it is my imagination.

Reactions: Aurore

Jorr The Great

Jul 9, 2019
Mexico
www.youtube.com
Creo que estás simplificando demasiado. Los kitsune están gobernados por un emperador (lo que lo convertiría en un sistema más patriarcal). La razón por la que ciertas mujeres tienen una gran influencia no es por un matriarcado, sino porque sus habilidades se transmiten a través de sus hijas mayores.
I just wanted to avoid mentioning the obvious, even though it seems that the only men above the matriarchs are the emperor and Keros.

coffee with milk

May 5, 2021
I think you're oversimplifying. The kitsune are ruled by an emperor (which would make it more of a patriarchal system). The reason why certain women have a huge amount of influence is not because of a matriarchy but because their abilities are passed down through their eldest daughters.
So matrilineal.

Gothamson

Apr 13, 2018
Pretty sure. Dont know the female kitsune but she looks pregnant... A gender bend of one of the suitors?

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
Would Miko's twins still be bastards if Miko becomes the Champs official concubine or wife?

Lone Wolf115

I thank and love The Observer/ fluff Lord for my Kitsune family. Are they based on Japanese culture because I remember something of them being from their culture. Yes I know I can Google it but I want to hear it from the Devs.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Are they based on Japanese culture because I remember something of them being from their culture. Yes I know I can Google it but I want to hear it from the Devs.
You could also use the board's search function to see if The Observer has already answered this question before (he has). Yes, the kitsune as a culture are largely based on Heian period Japan. The fact that literally all their names are Japanese might have been the most obvious hint...

Lone Wolf115

You could also use the board's search function to see if The Observer has already answered this question before (he has). Yes, the kitsune as a culture are largely based on Heian period Japan. The fact that literally all their names are Japanese might have been the most obvious hint...
Thanks.

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
For those suggesting that the Champion (especially if soulbound with Keros) should be able to take Miko and Rindo as concubines do keep in mind. The Champion is themselves the Consort in his or her marriage and is, at the end of the day, not the authority of the household. I'm not certain a husband-consort would be entitled to a concubine, let alone two. xD

Even if Kiyoko herself seems reasonably supportive of the idea near as I can tell.

Reactions: Stupid_Goo

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
For those suggesting that the Champion (especially if soulbound with Keros) should be able to take Miko and Rindo as concubines do keep in mind. The Champion is themselves the Consort in his or her marriage and is, at the end of the day, not the authority of the household. I'm not certain a husband-consort would be entitled to a concubine, let alone two. xD

Even if Kiyoko herself seems reasonably supportive of the idea near as I can tell.
And you felt the need to tell us why?
The champ technically ALREADY has multiple lovers, I don't think having some sort of house authority is required to have that or be "entitled" to have one. Was that even said anywhere?

Reactions: Mr. Grau

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
And you felt the need to tell us why?
The champ technically ALREADY has multiple lovers, I don't think having some sort of house authority is required to have that or be "entitled" to have one. Was that even said anywhere?
It is not, and it wasn't. For a noblewoman's husband-consort to have any number of lovers independent of the foxen community though is not quite the same as taking two noteworthy members of said community and officially bringing them into the fold as Concubines of their Den, especially when it isn't really their Den to begin with, it's Kiyoko's Den.

We all know the Kitsune are sticklers for propriety and traditions, and I'm willing to bet all five of my tails this would step on all kinds of lines and toes.

Don't mistake me. I'm not saying it can't happen, nor that it'd be unwelcome if it did happen, but the motion would certainly be challenged. Kiyoko's willingness to share is a well known quantity by now, and her more or less giving her tacit approval of the notion is honestly a blessing, because if she had not it would definitely not happen.

The tricky part though would be gaining the approval or their immedeate family, or guardians in Rindo's case. Mai would not be a problem, I don't think, nor Hitoshi really. Nakano and (most importantly) Komari though... that would be difficult

Last edited:
Reactions: Stupid_Goo

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
What this all boils down to is that politics are involved, as is tradition. As an outsider to the culture, you aren't particularly inclined to like or in a position to deal with either. So yes, it sucks. But that's reality for you.