More beast-ey scenes?

Yvenne

Oct 25, 2015
Are Varmints like the TiTS equivalent of CoC Hellhounds? If so, will they have sex scenes? And about TamWolf, I was thinking about the related Bad End on Tarkus where it gets a Synth Phallus and proceeds to use it on you. Could this actually be implemented ingame outside of the Bad End scene, on the fixed TamWolf?

Essentially, yeah, this is not just about throwing shit at the wall. What the gist of it is, has the policy regarding such quadruped quasi-sentientsapient non-humanoid creatures changed from the CoC days? And is the lack of such scenes just because nobody's written it yet, or because there's a firm ban against it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
has the policy regarding such quadruped quasi-sentient non-humanoid creatures changed from the CoC days?

No, it hasn't. Fen doesn't allow beasty in his games. So no varmint sex, etc. TamWolf kind of skirts it because he's a robot and probably smarter than Tam-Tam.

Just don't remind Fen he wrote the cunt-snakes. Shh.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
it gets a Synth Phallus and proceeds to use it on you. Could this actually be implemented ingame outside of the Bad End scene, on the fixed TamWolf?

Now this is something I'd like to see, coupled with a varmint custom skin.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Are Varmints like the TiTS equivalent of CoC Hellhounds? If so, will they have sex scenes? And about TamWolf, I was thinking about the related Bad End on Tarkus where it gets a Synth Phallus and proceeds to use it on you. Could this actually be implemented ingame outside of the Bad End scene, on the fixed TamWolf?

Essentially, yeah, this is not just about throwing shit at the wall. What the gist of it is, has the policy regarding such quadruped quasi-sentient non-humanoid creatures changed from the CoC days? And is the lack of such scenes just because nobody's written it yet, or because there's a firm ban against it?

Quasi-sentient? Now I'm picturing Steele fucking a Clam or a Jellyfish.

Yvenne

Oct 25, 2015
No, it hasn't. Fen doesn't allow beasty in his games. So no varmint sex, etc. TamWolf kind of skirts it because he's a robot and probably smarter than Tam-Tam.

Just don't remind Fen he wrote the cunt-snakes. Shh.

Lol. Well I mean technically speaking, robots are programmed by humans and can't get give consent either. At least, those that are not sapient advanced AI xD  So sexbots programmed for the very purpose is riiight there, tiptoeing the line of quasi-sapient beings (read: animals) too :p

But yeah, what about CoC hellhounds then? I seem to recall a certain canine enemy NPC the hero can encounter, with double pricks xD  that you can also get as a pet ;)

Or some sort of invasive vine plant, say.

And yeah, this too. Certain flora that probably aren't sapient, that you can fuck or be fucked by. Probably even lower in terms of sapience than that. Probably only operating on instinct?

Quasi-sentient? Now I'm picturing Steele fucking a Clam or a Jellyfish.

Ahahaha xD  Thaaat's on the other end of extreme. Wait. Now I'm curious. How exactly does Steel fuck a Clam.... nevermind. I don't think I want to know lol

Attachments

• Yay.PNG
    Yay.PNG
    35.4 KB · Views: 9

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Lol ahahaha xD  Thaaat's on the other end of extreme. Wait. Now I'm curious. How exactly does Steel fuck a Clam.... nevermind. I don't think I want to know lol

Ah, you meant "Quasi-sapient" I take it... (derp on my part.)

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Hellhounds, according to TDM, are actually just furry dudes -- not beasts. You'd never know by reading, but that's what they are. 

ChaosLiving

Nov 3, 2015
They're described as what is called semi-bipedal; Also known as a gorilla-like posture. They have hands on their front limbs that they walk on as fists or outstretched palms, and paws behind them.

It does write them out to be semi-bipedal, just some people don't understand that you can be bipedal while having a preferred posture of being on all fours, much like a Gorilla (And most non-human primates) does!

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
But yeah, what about CoC hellhounds then? I seem to recall a certain canine enemy NPC the hero can encounter, with double pricks xD  that you can also get as a pet ;)
Savin has written some content where you can get a pet varmint, which has yet to be implemented.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
They're described as what is called semi-bipedal; Also known as a gorilla-like posture. They have hands on their front limbs that they walk on as fists or outstretched palms, and paws behind them.

It does write them out to be semi-bipedal, just some people don't understand that you can be bipedal while having a preferred posture of being on all fours, much like a Gorilla (And most non-human primates) does!

The stance isn't the issue. The writing doesn't convey that they are of average ranged intelligence. As far as is conveyed they're slightly smarter, if at all, dogs.

Yvenne

Oct 25, 2015
Savin has written some content where you can get a pet varmint, which has yet to be implemented.
I was implying that since hellhounds can be pets, they are more animal than a sapient being. If it was a sapient being, you would call them a follower, not a pet. I'm just saying that in CoC, the hellhound is specifically described as a pet and not a follower. I'm just noting that there's not much difference between Varmints and CoC Hellhounds, except one has sex scenes, and the other doesn't xD

The stance isn't the issue. The writing doesn't convey that they are of average ranged intelligence. As far as is conveyed they're slightly smarter, if at all, dogs.

And yeah, this. It's not about whether they are quadrupedal, semi-bipedal, bipedal, or even floating in midair. They are portrayed as more animal than sapient beings. As far as they are conveyed, of course.

Hellhounds, according to TDM, are actually just furry dudes -- not beasts. You'd never know by reading, but that's what they are. 

But then again, this isn't necessarily canon if it's not implied ingame. Like, I could say NPC "A" actually has light blue skin coloration, outside the game, even though the game implies it is a darker shade of blue bordering on mossy green.

Technically, this could be used as, Varmints also could be really smart creatures with an intelligence comparable to that of humans... they just don't show it ingame, and hide behind a veneer of animalistic instincts xD

Attachments

• Yay.PNG
    Yay.PNG
    35.4 KB · Views: 0

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
I was implying that since hellhounds can be pets, they are more animal than a sapient being. If it was a sapient being, you would call them a follower, not a pet. I'm just saying that in CoC, the hellhound is specifically described as a pet and not a follower. I'm just noting that there's not much difference between Varmints and CoC Hellhounds, except one has sex scenes, and the other doesn't xD

Sort of like how Ceraph makes you only capable of thinking of yourself as a pet if you get her bad end?  Hellhounds have intelligence on the level of a child around 6-10 years old without a master (though more accurately, a bunch of their mental faculties are just missing, they're incomplete without a master), but if they do have a master then their intelligence will be significantly higher.  The smarter the master, the smarter the hellhound.  They're intentionally designed to be the perfect mental slave to a demon.

I rewrote the encounter twice to try and make it clearer that they're semi-bipedal furries.  A whole bunch of people ignored the changes, and a bunch of others complained about them because they wanted their beastiality content back.  At this point I've just given up.

Yvenne

Oct 25, 2015
Sort of like how Ceraph makes you only capable of thinking of yourself as a pet if you get her bad end?  Hellhounds have intelligence on the level of a child around 6-10 years old without a master (though more accurately, a bunch of their mental faculties are just missing, they're incomplete without a master), but if they do have a master then their intelligence will be significantly higher.  The smarter the master, the smarter the hellhound.  They're intentionally designed to be the perfect mental slave to a demon.

I rewrote the encounter twice to try and make it clearer that they're semi-bipedal furries.  A whole bunch of people ignored the changes, and a bunch of others complained about them because they wanted their beastiality content back.  At this point I've just given up.

Ah. Well, thanks for sating my curiosity on that matter ^_^  It's still referred to as a beast, and makes very canine-ish motions, as well as seemingly being incapable of speech. Also, when you encounter it, or rather him, the text is: "You get the feeling that reasoning with this beast will be impossible."

So yeah. Misunderstood there. Either way, perhaps not necessarily Varmints, but I really hope there'd be, well, similar content on TiTS. Of the semi-bipedal furries kind. I'd give writing similar content a try - I just need to know if such content will be okay.

As for TamWolf, it is a robot with sentience, and the fixed one shows sapience. And there already is a sex scene with TamWolf equipped with a synthcock for the Bad End against Mistress Tam. So, technically, how awesome would it be if we could equip a synthcock we can get from Anno for Gianna, and equip it on the fixed TamWolf? :D  Essentially, more scenes with TamWolf is all I'm saying, and without having to force a bad end against some really weak NPC in a one-time encounter on Tarkus (or having to play a new char just to get to that point). Is anybody working on similar content at the moment? 

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
To actually answer the question, if ever someone writes for it Third's Coeurl species has an extreme case of sexual dimorphism where the males are basically wolves and the females stick thin humanoids. If the males aren't beasty enough, then idk /shrug

To clarify, the males aren't literally wolves/animals. They just look that way and they've got the smarts.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
While he's not intended to be sexable by the PC, a male coeurl is slated to be a crewmember serving under an Uveto NPC, and he's boning another crewman. So yeah, beast-form things with humanoid intelligence is A-Okay.

Sep 17, 2015
While he's not intended to be sexable by the PC, a male coeurl is slated to be a crewmember serving under an Uveto NPC, and he's boning another crewman. So yeah, beast-form things with humanoid intelligence is A-Okay.

Soooo Going by that logic Would Smart Talking Horses with Witty puns be acceptable?

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
tumblr_inline_mrhxov8yhn1qz4rgp.png

Pixelmancer

Jan 8, 2016
That rule is so ridiculously hypocritical. Not sapient? Can't fuck it because it arguably "can't give consent", even though nobody cares about anything else done to nonsapients without their consent. Sapient? You can rape it all you want even though it's actively denying you consent.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
That rule is so ridiculously hypocritical. Not sapient? Can't fuck it because it arguably "can't give consent", even though nobody cares about anything else done to nonsapients without their consent. Sapient? You can rape it all you want even though it's actively denying you consent.

The only thing I can say to this is that rape committed in the real world have both physical and psychological consequences, whilst in the games there's an implicit "Winner fucks the loser" agreement going on.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
You can skirt the line by just saying something is sentient and/or making it really hot. Tentacle monsters aren't bestiality because MUH FETISH. Same with all the parasitic creatures in TiTS and the hellhounds from CoC. You can also just claim they're mythical/mystical/magical somehow. Now if you want to have sex with Varmints just retcon them and say they're at least as smart as Mimbranes and need sexy humans to breed.

TL;DR: Bestiality isn't okay, but you can have sex with anything as long as it doesn't make Fen uncomfortable.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
TL;DR: Bestiality isn't okay, but you can have sex with anything as long as it doesn't make Fen uncomfortable.

This. It's Fen's game, and we have to respect or live with his choices. There are plenty of things which disgust or freak me out in the games, so I tend to avoid them after the initial discovery and cringe.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Consent and the need for it

And consent isn't the reason why "beast-ey" scenes are in general verboten in Fen's games. Most generic NPCs neither ask for nor give consent. The non-sentient cockvines and cuntsnakes aren't capable of it. So that might be where the line should be drawn, but it isn't. It's drawn at the exact point Fen's penis wilts reading something. And everybody asking about this particular issue just has to come to terms with that.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
And consent isn't the reason why "beast-ey" scenes are in general verboten in Fen's games. Most generic NPCs neither ask for nor give consent. The non-sentient cockvines and cuntsnakes aren't capable of it. So that might be where the line should be drawn, but it isn't. It's drawn at the exact point Fen's penis wilts reading something. And everybody asking about this particular issue just has to come to terms with that.

See, this is where it's really at.