Myrellion Content Discussion (GENERAL)

Silens Phoenix

Nov 24, 2017
It's both. They wanted to win the war so they decided they would be super evil. You cannot excuse any and all actions just because it's a war. Our own history is full of horrible atrocities that were committed during war time that no one, even the people fighting in the war then, see as justified. Drug addicted sex slavery cannot be justified with "but we REALLY want to win, guys!"
And I'm not saying its justified. I'm saying that they had a choice between lining up all of their POWs and executing every Nth one on the spot, allow their soldiers to use the narcotic qualities of their venom to instill addiction, or to torture their POWs for information and test to see which aphrodisiac or even vesicant gas is most effective. High Command is poised to, and likely going to, denounce the act of taking trench wives once the war is over.

Additionally, it's not like the venom even makes the victim incapable of thinking for themselves. Sierva, one of Lieve's trench wives, can approach you as you're on the path between Kressia and No Myr's Land late in the day and ask you to take a message back to her lover that she had in Gildenmere. (That is, the one she had before she got left for dead on the battlefield and subsequently rescued by Lieve.) If you ask her about what Lieve thinks of this, she'll beg you not to tell her, because she's not supposed to send letters back home. (They could possibly be military secrets, you know.)

Moreover, both sides use red venom for their own purposes. You can run into a group of lustful Gold myr soldiers while wandering around Gildenmere, if you agree to follow them, they will fuck you for hours on end, giving you multiple doses of red venom because your refractory rate doesn't allow you to go every two seconds.

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
And I'm not saying its justified. I'm saying that they had a choice between lining up all of their POWs and executing every Nth one on the spot, allow their soldiers to use the narcotic qualities of their venom to instill addiction, or to torture their POWs for information and test to see which aphrodisiac or even vesicant gas is most effective. High Command is poised to, and likely going to, denounce the act of taking trench wives once the war is over.

Additionally, it's not like the venom even makes the victim incapable of thinking for themselves. Sierva, one of Lieve's trench wives, can approach you as you're on the path between Kressia and No Myr's Land late in the day and ask you to take a message back to her lover that she had in Gildenmere. (That is, the one she had before she got left for dead on the battlefield and subsequently rescued by Lieve.) If you ask her about what Lieve thinks of this, she'll beg you not to tell her, because she's not supposed to send letters back home. (They could possibly be military secrets, you know.)

Moreover, both sides use red venom for their own purposes. You can run into a group of lustful Gold myr soldiers while wandering around Gildenmere, if you agree to follow them, they will fuck you for hours on end, giving you multiple doses of red venom because your refractory rate doesn't allow you to go every two seconds.

..If you agree? I always refuse and I always get dragged along anyways.. Maybe because me reflexes are crappy..

Anyways, both sides commit atrocities, but it is important how they will deal with them after the war.
If high command increases the regulations of the natural venom and even sets up a fund for recovery of venom victims then I will be happier with my federation support.
The Golds on the other hand.. They diplomat refuses to accept that her great nation could also be gulty of this war and I fear that this denial will carry over even if they have peace.

About the Federation society: Militarism has huge problems, yes. But we know way to little as to say if the system creates suffering or not.
How are non-veteran civilians treated? Can they ensure that they (and their family) can earn enough to live? Is there any safety net?
Unless we have more answers to that we can not say if the federation has a good or bad system.
(Military) service is not a worse way to determine someones worth than money - which is the alternative if you look at the rest of the universe..

Reactions: valkyr42

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
We do get a fair idea of what non-vets/military are treated when you talk to the doctor lady. Really the only difference seems to be being able to vote and hold office.

Also militarism isn't gonna do the reds much good in the way of being able to continue shady shit as being a single planet government means that they'll just get pressured by all their much higher tech neighbors into acting more appropriately. The reds understand this and seem likely to follow along out of pragmatism. The golds on the other hand, seem like they're gonna sleep their way out of as much trouble as they can.

Reactions: Mooing_Mermaid

StainlessSteele

Apr 18, 2016
And I'm not saying its justified. I'm saying that they had a choice between lining up all of their POWs and executing every Nth one on the spot, allow their soldiers to use the narcotic qualities of their venom to instill addiction, or to torture their POWs for information and test to see which aphrodisiac or even vesicant gas is most effective.

OR they could have realized their resources couldn't continue taking more gold land and then, I dunno, stopped taking land they couldn't hold without horrible war atrocities? What if they didn't have venom? What if instead they decided they really wanted to win the war, so they just flat out butchered every single gold they ran across because they didn't have room in prison anymore?

Is that still acceptable to do because they really wanted to win? Or does that cross a line? Because that is definitely worse than what they do now, but they are the same in that they both completely cross the justifiable line of waging a war. You either acknowledge you can't continue taking land or you delve into evil and horrible practices to continue it. The reds did the later.

High Command is poised to, and likely going to, denounce the act of taking trench wives once the war is over.

What's funny is people criticize the golds for trying to manipulate and politic their way around issues and here comes the reds doing the same thing. "Well, technically we totally allowed it and knew it was going on but now that the war is won we uh... we denounce it.... Uh.... we think it's, like, totally not cool."

If they did that I would have even less respect for them than I do now. At least own up to what you are doing. You think the war is a good enough reason to allow shit like this to happen then own that stance. Pretending like you actually care after the fact to save face is complete bullshit and they are little better than the golds sucking dick to further their own agenda. Except the golds are sucking dick and the reds are pretending they don't like sex slavery. Which one of those is worse?

Additionally, it's not like the venom even makes the victim incapable of thinking for themselves..

It makes them dependent on it like a heroin addict. Literal real life human traffickers use this same method with heroin. Pump them up with heroin and get them addicted and they have to do what you say to get their next dose.

That's one group of golds. They don't use the venom in their army for war purposes to make sex slaves. ONE group of golds uses it on you, and they should face punishment for that.

Reactions: Barquiel and Couch

Zavos

May 7, 2016
About the Federation society: Militarism has huge problems, yes. But we know way to little as to say if the system creates suffering or not.
How are non-veteran civilians treated? Can they ensure that they (and their family) can earn enough to live? Is there any safety net?
Unless we have more answers to that we can not say if the federation has a good or bad system.
(Military) service is not a worse way to determine someones worth than money - which is the alternative if you look at the rest of the universe..
Non-citizens have the same rights citizens do, minus voting rights and ability to hold public office.
The safety net is essentially the guarantee of a job within the federation if you wish to join. If you're pregnant, male, or otherwise unsuited for combat, you're assigned to a noncombat position. With red victory, its easy to imagine a restructuring to shift focus from armed forces to diplomatic corps, as the need for a large body of soldiers will diminish.

Reactions: valkyr42

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
With red victory, its easy to imagine a restructuring to shift focus from armed forces to diplomatic corps, as the need for a large body of soldiers will diminish.

Consider this Word of God from the devs: In the event of a Red October Dawn Wedding Victory, the Federation will shift as much of their manpower as possible towards exploration of the galaxy and uplifting themselves (education, updating tech, establishing relations with other races). Medical technology will be of particular interest to them, both in terms of healing and fertility treatments.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Well then. Unless the red victory fucks with NPCs i like on the gold side, I'm pretty certain that I'm gonna be siding with the reds.

Blaq Mask

Dec 6, 2017
Ok, I had to make an account once I saw this thrown out:
“Citizenship is an attitude, a state of mind, an emotional conviction that the whole is greater than the part . . . and that the part should be humbly proud to sacrifice itself that the whole may live... Under our system every voter and officeholder is a man who has demonstrated through voluntary and difficult service that he places the welfare of the group ahead of personal advantage.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

@Savin ,
You do know Starship Troopers is satire, right? Like, the society it portrays isn't supposed to be seen as a good thing?

Reactions: Couch

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
That's one group of golds. They don't use the venom in their army for war purposes to make sex slaves. ONE group of golds uses it on you, and they should face punishment for that.
Do you not see the hypocrisy coming from your own brain? You can excuse one group of Golds from representing them all but get hung the fuck up on a selection of Reds that do something you don't like. Fucking hell. The venom is just a motherfucking kink, addictions can be fucking broken, and frankly this circular arguing is getting nowhere. Abuse happens, boo hoo, suck it up and get off your high horse about the venom being oh-so-evil.

And to answer the whole sex slave part, again, it's a measy solution to a logistics problem of where to house and feed prisoners. Come end of war that shit can start proccessing the golds to become normal civilians.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freed85 and Emerald

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Ok, I had to make an account once I saw this thrown out:
You do know Starship Troopers is satire, right? Like, the society it portrays isn't supposed to be seen as a good thing?

I thought the movie was the satire.... it's been awhile since I read the book.

StainlessSteele

Apr 18, 2016
Do you not see the hypocrisy coming from your own brain? You can excuse one group of Golds from representing them all but get hung the fuck up on a selection of Reds that do something you don't like. Fucking hell.

It's NOT a small selection of reds, though! Trench Wives are all over the Federation. They even award them to people like prizes. This is not just a couple of reds, it's a huge number if not the majority of them.

The venom is just a motherfucking kink,

Yes! And I have no problem with people liking that kink. Or sex slavery as a kink either. What I find baffling is that typically with those kinds of kinks no one actually tries defending them as if they aren't actually terrible. That's what I find so baffling. No one who has a rape fetish would sit on a forum and defend the practice as an acceptable war time strategy. Except here, of course.

addictions can be fucking broken, and frankly this circular arguing is getting nowhere. Abuse happens, boo hoo, suck it up and get off your high horse about the venom being oh-so-evil.

Addictions CAN be broken, but are not easy to. That's kinda the whole point. If the golds could just shrug it off it wouldn't work the way intended. And

And to answer the whole sex slave part, again, it's a measy solution to a logistics problem of where to house and feed prisoners. Come end of war that shit can start proccessing the golds to become normal civilians.

It's a lot more than a measly logistic solution. Read my above comment. If their solution involved butchering every gold that ever crossed their path would that just be a "measly logistic solution" or would that cross a line? As I said, "they just wanna win the war" is a shit argument.

And now that you mention making them citizens, that's another point I have against the reds. Their victory involves destroying the golds way of life and forcing them to adopt their own. A gold victory (most likely) does not mean the end of the Federation. The reds can keep being reds doing what they like. A gold victory, most likely, just means preserving the golds independence.

And just to say one more time, I GET that the golds won't be slaves forever. So I don't know why people keep bringing this point up as if that's what I'm saying. Yes, they will most likely stop being slaves after the war. I NEVER said otherwise. People are acting like that's some sort of example of the reds throwing the golds a bone and being good people. It's not. It's just them not being AS EVIL as they COULD have been, and it's not good enough.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015

The movie is satire; the book most certainly is not. The Federation is based on the book's version; the only thing I lifted from the movies for them is the snazzy Hugo Boss uniforms.

That said, I'm just here to play devil's advocate for the faction I wrote. Both sides suck, it's just a question of which flavor of suck is more appealing to you.

Silens Phoenix

Nov 24, 2017
It's NOT a small selection of reds, though! Trench Wives are all over the Federation. They even award them to people like prizes. This is not just a couple of reds, it's a huge number if not the majority of them.

So far we have 9 red myr that we can interact with. Four of them do not have an indication on whether they are for or against trench wives, three of them are against trench wives, and two of them actively own trench wives. Of the two that own them, one is Lieve, who gives her 'wives' a fair bit of autonomy and the other is Nehzara, who has this to say on the matter.

Nehzara said:
Trench wives are not slaves, and any soldier who thinks otherwise will likely find herself on the wrong end of a disciplinary action.

Oh, and let's not forget. There's that one group of gold myr, counting several hundred, that are willing to drug an offworlder with a known addictive substance so that they can get what they want. Not only do they force PCs with low reflexes to get drugged and fuck against their will, they do so with the permission of the queens.

Lusty Myr Squadron said:
You still don’t know your way out, and even if you did, there are dozens of lusty women blocking the way back - not to mention the hundreds of potential pursuers just ahead, all of them turning their hungry, inky eyes in your direction.

“You’re contracted to serve until my soldiers are satisfied, and serve you shall.” She produces a vial of bubbling, pink-hued liquid. “Wartime authorization 647 sanctions the use of enhancement chemicals in times of extreme need, determined by the unit commander.” Looking over soldiers, she bellows out, “I think this qualifies as extreme need. What do my fine soldiers think?”

A chorus of cheers and moans answers her, and nodding to herself, she holds the vial to your lips, tipping the frothy liquid in your panting maw. “Drink up.”

Even if you wanted to resist it, you couldn’t. The moment it makes contact with your lip, the red myr venom’s insidious effects make themselves known, lighting up your nerves like a Christmas tree.

Far more than five girls mount you, and the poles must have seen at least two hundred different cunts, but there are always more to use you, always more slits, clits, and tits.

-----------------------

And now that you mention making them citizens, that's another point I have against the reds. Their victory involves destroying the golds way of life and forcing them to adopt their own. A gold victory (most likely) does not mean the end of the Federation. The reds can keep being reds doing what they like. A gold victory, most likely, just means preserving the golds independence.

Even you don't agree with yourself here.

Queen Irellia said:
Her antennae flick outward, stretched wide. “The ceasefire? It’s a joke. The reds won’t let it bind them for long. They’ll find an excuse to violate it or sneak a commando raid past your U.G.C. surveillance to kill off the remaining queens. It bought us time to recover, but it is no solution.”

“Well, what would be a solution?” you wonder aloud.

“Well, you could wipe their cities out with an orbital bombardment and use your anti-missile systems to ground their nukes before they hit Gildenmere. Once they’ve been buried in fire and rock, we can rebuild.”

She also says that a reworking of the red society is another option in a different conversation tree.

The options for gold victory are genocide or destroying the reds way of life. Seems oddly familiar...

Blaq Mask

Dec 6, 2017
The movie is satire; the book most certainly is not. The Federation is based on the book's version; the only thing I lifted from the movies for them is the snazzy Hugo Boss uniforms.

That said, I'm just here to play devil's advocate for the faction I wrote. Both sides suck, it's just a question of which flavor of suck is more appealing to you.

Hah, my bad, the movie supplanted the book in my mind. I forgot the original played the whole fascist utopia thing totally straight.

That said, what exactly are the problems with gold myr society? The red are easy to figure, what with you literally dressing them up like Nazis, but nothing about the gold sticks out really.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
That said, what exactly are the problems with gold myr society? The red are easy to figure, what with you literally dressing them up like Nazis, but nothing about the gold sticks out really.
Oligarchy based on being able to breed or not and power based on number of children/births. That's about it, as has been stated Gold society hasn't been expanded upon much via writing.

Sogen

Oct 4, 2017
I still say the best ending for Myrellion is neither Myr faction wins, with Steele taking control and becoming uncontested master/mistress of the planet. *Insert triumphant maniacal laughter here*

Silens Phoenix

Nov 24, 2017
If we're throwing out personal endings for the planet here. I'd like to see Steele Tech develop an aerosol that only affects red and gold myr, afflicting them with the effects of the orange pill, before deploying the aerosol planet wide until all the myr are orange. Then I can sit back and watch the figurative fireworks as they quickly either kill each other or overcome their former racial barriers.

Yes, I would want the extinction of two species to potentially save the populace of both.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
If we're throwing out personal endings for the planet here. I'd like to see Steele Tech develop an aerosol that only affects red and gold myr, afflicting them with the effects of the orange pill, before deploying the aerosol planet wide until all the myr are orange. Then I can sit back and watch the figurative fireworks as they quickly either kill each other or overcome their former racial barriers.

Yes, I would want the extinction of two species to potentially save the populace of both.
The problem with this is, as has been discussed before, that doesn't stop the animosity and the true haters would just kill indiscriminately at that point because hybrids are seen as an abomination.

StainlessSteele

Apr 18, 2016
So far we have 9 red myr that we can interact with.

You can gleam that there are far more by listening to what those interactions are saying. Also, your numbers are off there. The chick you first meet on the planet has trench wives, leive has trench wives, and the red myr in the bath has trench wives, can't remember if general murder has them or not. Those are just the one's who we see first hand. There are also a ton of them mentioned by others. The doctor talks about having people coming in and out of her office day after day needing her to look at their trench wives, one of Leives wives talks about getting to sing in the city, but only for red myr and their trench wives, they are mentioned routinely even if you don't interact with every single person who has them. It's not just those three, it's definitely all over the place.

I mean, come on. They decided to do it from the start because there was a TON of excess prisoners. Argue that it's acceptable if you think it is, but don't try to play the "it only happens very rarely" card. That's ridiculous.

Trench wives are not slaves, and any soldier who thinks otherwise will likely find herself on the wrong end of a disciplinary action.

That's the "official" stance, but just have a talk with the doctor lady to see that's a flat out lie.

Also, she can say they aren't slaves all she wants. They're slaves. That's like me walking up to a dog and saying "That's a cat."

Oh, and let's not forget. There's that one group of gold myr, counting several hundred, that are willing to drug an offworlder with a known addictive substance so that they can get what they want. Not only do they force PCs with low reflexes to get drugged and fuck against their will, they do so with the permission of the queens.

I already said those gold myr are in the wrong. That's a small number of them as opposed to a society that literally awards them like prizes for a job well done.

Acting like gold venom rape is ANYWHERE on par with reds is desperation at it's finest.

The options for gold victory are genocide or destroying the reds way of life. Seems oddly familiar...

A change in their society is not destroying their way of life. It can be as simple as "Hey, stop enslaving me, yo." And before you try, the difference between fed and gold is not a small change, so that IS destroying their way of life.

Blaq Mask

Dec 6, 2017
Oligarchy based on being able to breed or not and power based on number of children/births. That's about it, as has been stated Gold society hasn't been expanded upon much via writing.

See, I can't even really take issue with that. When the means of procreation are limited in any fashion, society by necessity is going to warp around it one way or another. You either end up with the gold myr or the Handmaid's Tale. Or hell, Male red myr.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
Hah, my bad, the movie supplanted the book in my mind. I forgot the original played the whole fascist utopia thing totally straight.

Except they are supposed to be like WW1 germany but with snazzy uniforms from WW2.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
Hold on.
Savin said:
virginal queens (like Liliana)

I don't know if I'm mistaken but don't you have an option to fuck her in a medical cubicle, Or am I thinking of someone else?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
You can fuck her, but it's more of a metaphorical virginity methinks, rather than literal.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
But how can you be a metaporical virgin? It's ether you been fucked or not right? Nothing makes sense anymore why is Donald Trump president, why is loli-con a thing, why is snow so soft and fluffy but cold as fuck?!

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Any plans to expand on this?

No idea. Not by me, that's for sure.

But how can you be a metaporical virgin? It's ether you been fucked or not right?

She's a virgin when you meet her, IIRC. And either way, she's too malnourished to get pregnant, so her queenliness doesn't ever show up.