Myrellion Content Discussion (GENERAL)

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
Which one? I can't speak for Hand So or Koda, but in regards to the Sera x-pack it's anyone's guess, considering the whole brouhaha between Fen and Nonesuch over Nonesuch writing her backstory when he got the okay to write content for her, which left a bad taste in both parties mouths.

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015
Which one? I can't speak for Hand So or Koda, but in regards to the Sera x-pack it's anyone's guess, considering the whole brouhaha between Fen and Nonesuch over Nonesuch writing her backstory when he got the okay to write content for her, which left a bad taste in both parties mouths.

What's the story behind this?

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
@Nebula Fox : I was talking about Sera.
which left a bad taste in both parties mouths.

And not in a fun way, I imagine.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Thread created for constant derailment topic of other threads now getting derailed...

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
This is in the thread derailment sub-forum, right?

On topic, fixing the fertility problem seems like the most permanent proposed solution, save for genociding either the Reds or the Golds. Every other solution just seems like it'll revert back to the same problem in a few generations. Also a lot of people suggesting turning all the myr into Orange myr doesn't exactly fix the problem at all.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Thread created for constant derailment topic of other threads now getting derailed...

I know, right. 

On topic, fixing the fertility problem seems like the most permanent proposed solution, save for genociding either the Reds or the Golds. Every other solution just seems like it'll revert back to the same problem in a few generations. Also a lot of people suggesting turning all the myr into Orange myr doesn't exactly fix the problem at all.

Pretty much +1 across the board, theoretically. We'll see, though!

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I was talking about all three of them. Shax (of whom I didn't know of) and Koda are MIA so who knows when or even if So will ever get finished. And I finished coding Sera several months ago, and put in a pull request, but nothing happened.

I honestly don't care about Sera's backstory this much. I mean at this point, if Fen writing his own backstory means Sera's x-pack getting in then by all means, I hope he does. ):

Last edited by a moderator:

Galgano

Aug 28, 2015

I don't see the Orange pill (it's a pill right?) as a very proper solution. One of the big things is that you would be altering the genetic makeup of two separate species. Giving them traits of another race that many of them hate would be an extreme form of immersion therapy. I guess that maybe after a generation or two the new members of the species won't have direct knowledge of what it was like before, during the separate-race issue. It may be a bit extreme, but bomb both sides until they have lost the will to fight. Then, sit them down and force them into a treaty similar to what America did to Japan. With no standing army, they will be unable to gather up much in the way of a invasion/fighting force. After a while their will will be restored, but by then their urge to fight will likely have waned and they would have found another way to occupy their time. There has to be more to their societies than just war.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
1) The Federation does not actively use venom on civilians. However, civilians (particularly in Gildenmere) have become addicted to bottled venom, and some refugees and returning POWs are also addicted to the source.

2) Correct. Reds have a lot of social taboos about random venom usage -- that's part of why they're so much more straight-laced than the Golds.

For a race with a bunch of social taboos about venom usage, they sure are happy to use it on you, a person they met three minutes ago, every time you even think about oral sex, kissing, or basically anything to do with their mouth.  Nehzara, Briha, Lieve, and McAllister's Red Pill test subject all use it on you with gleeful abandon and no indication of any qualms about doing so or indeed even telling you it's a thing they do, expecting you to know about it from elsewhere or just not caring.  In fact, the only sexable character who's even partially red myr and does not use venom on you is Renvra, I think.  I would have to go through all of Renvra's sex scenes to check.

Though assuming they do have a bunch of social taboos about venom usage that every sexable red myr happens to flout, that actually means letting McAllister create the Red Pill, and thus allowing anyone who wants to be able to produce red myr venom to do so, is a disaster waiting to happen.  Remind me never to do that sidequest again.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

Fertility seems to be an especially big problem for the reds, considering that: A) They're more straight-laced about sex, and B) They lack dedicated broodmothers to make more Reds. The Golds have Queens which gives them the ability to raise their numbers much more easily. So I would imagine that the Reds would be willing to trade a solution to their fertility problem in return for giving up some conquered Gold territory, as well as a potential guarantee from the UGC to mediate any future issues between the two groups.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
For a race with a bunch of social taboos about venom usage, they sure are happy to use it on you, a person they met three minutes ago, every time you even think about oral sex, kissing, or basically anything to do with their mouth.  Nehzara, Briha, Lieve, and McAllister's Red Pill test subject all use it on you with gleeful abandon and no indication of any qualms about doing so or indeed even telling you it's a thing they do, expecting you to know about it from elsewhere or just not caring.  In fact, the only sexable character who's even partially red myr and does not use venom on you is Renvra, I think.  I would have to go through all of Renvra's sex scenes to check.

Though assuming they do have a bunch of social taboos about venom usage that every sexable red myr happens to flout, that actually means letting McAllister create the Red Pill, and thus allowing anyone who wants to be able to produce red myr venom to do so, is a disaster waiting to happen.  Remind me never to do that sidequest again.

Lieve asks for your approval before dosing you though, Briha is a lawless deserter, Nehzara probably doesn't care anymore, and the test subject wellllll that generally devolved into an uncontrolled romp in a formerly decontaminated chamber, blame Xenogen, they do mention that the TF doesn't have the full on effect of the red's venom. Mind you, I'd like an option for player to enslave any golds with their TF'd venom as we go through the red victory path, bahaha. And Renvra does have the venom, it's just a watered down version, in her dick.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
...Unless they're making druggy trench harems. :3

Well from how the Red in the bathhouse acts, compared to the Golds in the same place, I would say they do act at least embarrassed by wanting to jump your bones. From what I see it as, its more that the idea of public sex is very embarrassing to them, while golds are happy to do it wherever. So golds probably have more sex on average I'm guessing, which would lead to a baby production advantage. Maybe, dunno... lots of extrapolation and guess work here. Gonna need Savin's clarification on this, the more I think of it the less sure I am of that specific point.

Blackwater Syn

Aug 28, 2015
If the situation seems convoluted,contradictory, and hypocritical on both sides with no apparent easy solutions...doesn't that just mean that the authors did a good job at replicating real life?

Reactions: Ecchi Bunny

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
If the situation seems convoluted,contradictory, and hypocritical on both sides with no apparent easy solutions...doesn't that just mean that the authors did a good job at replicating real life?

Or maybe that's just what happens when you have multiple authors writing on something, they all bring different points of view to the table?

Is it art imitating life, or life imitating art?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Well from how the Red in the bathhouse acts, compared to the Golds in the same place, I would say they do act at least embarrassed by wanting to jump your bones. From what I see it as, its more that the idea of public sex is very embarrassing to them, while golds are happy to do it wherever. So golds probably have more sex on average I'm guessing, which would lead to a baby production advantage. Maybe, dunno... lots of extrapolation and guess work here. Gonna need Savin's clarification on this, the more I think of it the less sure I am of that specific point.

Golds having sex is largely irrelevant because they reproduce via the queens.

Lieve asks for your approval before dosing you though, Briha is a lawless deserter, Nehzara probably doesn't care anymore, and the test subject wellllll that generally devolved into an uncontrolled romp in a formerly decontaminated chamber, blame Xenogen, they do mention that the TF doesn't have the full on effect of the red's venom. Mind you, I'd like an option for player to enslave any golds with their TF'd venom as we go through the red victory path, bahaha. And Renvra does have the venom, it's just a watered down version, in her dick.

I hope you can see how the lead diplomat of the Scarlet Federation not caring about dosing offworlders with venom without warning or consent is not okay if you say they have social taboos about it!

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
First thing that happens in the storage closet scene, which you get upon asking for permission into Kressia, is Nehzara kisses and venoms you.

I don't have a problem with red myr characters claiming they habitually show restraint about using their venom and this not being true, though I'd like to be able to call them out or at least acknowledge the falsehood.  I do have a problem with a writer claiming one thing and showing another.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You can.  I am not so charitably inclined.

If the reds are straight-laced about the use of their venom as Savin - not the myr in-setting, Savin speaking on his authority as one of the game's lead developers - claims they are, then nearly every use of venom on the player would have to be radically different in context, in level of romantic involvement, in forewarning and in provision of consent.  The reason they are not is because if you like red myr, you probably find their venom hot and want to see it used in sex scenes.  And that's fine.  But don't be surprised if when discussing mammal-brain matters, if you try to claim that red myr don't use venom casually, there's people who look at what's in the game and call bullshit.

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
Your opinion is trash, admin.

In regards to the venom thing maybe Nehzara and the like are the exception, not the rule.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015

In regards to the venom thing maybe Nehzara and the like are the exception, not the rule.

You probably wouldn't choose exceptions on morally ambigous things and put them on highly sensitive diplomatic positions.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I hope you can see how the lead diplomat of the Scarlet Federation not caring about dosing offworlders with venom without warning or consent is not okay if you say they have social taboos about it!

A position which she hates, and responds with sardonic undertones to the player's questions and some defiance to her superiors when she states that she wasn't supposed to draw attention to the practice of taking POWs as trench wives. But that's irrelevant. This being Kaizer's character, I wouldn't be surprised if she was pent up and simply didn't care about propriety or how she was going to have her way with the player.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com

IMO if red's REALLY had a thing about not using their venom most of the time, kissing would be massively taboo (along with oral). It'd likely be seen as something only done with trenchwives to keep them docile, and using it on a free man/woman would be incredibly crass and offensive.

Of course, Nez was the first red myr written, and everybody was thinking with their dick. Now pardon me while I go back to loving my free love, hippy-dippy honey-dispenser ants.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
 It'd likely be seen as something only done with trenchwives to keep them docile, and using it on a free man/woman would be incredibly crass and offensive.

I've always thought that Reds in general don't see Gold Myr as sub-human(ant?) trash. POWs being former soldiers, they should be considered even more worthy of at least some respect, as evidenced by Nezhara's rebuttal of her subordinate badmouthing Lyralla. So designating them as an acceptable target in such a way is super-hypocritical.

Damn it, being pro-Red is harder by the second.

Reactions: Ecchi Bunny