Your Gripes With CoC2

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
And this may be a bit wanky but I'd say killing a Wraith that was equal to a weakened Lumia (even if it was with help) is far more impressive to anything CoC1 Champ has done. This can just be base Champ too without any soulbinds.
The champion in CoC1 is the stronger of the two. and it's really not even remotely close. beating the wraith just isn't an impressive feat when it already has a gaping chest wound and a goddess is still doing most of the heavy lifting. I'd be willing to grant that Kas and Lethice are about even but the champ in CoC1 fought her and her entire horde alone, CoC2 champ needs companions every step of the way.

Also want to throw out that soulbinds don't make the character any stronger just unlocks new abilities that are on par with every other ability in the game.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Fighting Marae is modded content.

Within a handful of posts, two conflations of modded content with vanilla.

This is why we don't endorse mods of this game.
Was gonna say this. Marae cannot be fought in the vanilla game, I was about to ask "Where the everloving fuck do you fight her in the OG game because that is NOT a thing I remember back when playing it even in my one and done corruption save."
And low and behold my hunch was correct. Can people stop conflating modded shit with the vanilla OG game please? All y'all are doing is causing misinfo to happen and no offense (or all of it if I really wanna be mean ig) it just makes those spouting it look dumb.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Also want to throw out that soulbinds don't make the character any stronger just unlocks new abilities that are on par with every other ability in the game.
So there are two ways to scale these characters: narratively or gameplay wise. Sure ingame soulbind doesn't do shit, but are you really going to argue soul linking to a god isn't going to make you a lot stronger? I mean.. look at Leofric. Do you think this random bum-ass hobo would be worth anything without his immortality? That brother should be flipping burgers/j

Besides if we are gameplay scaling: nothing CoC1 champ can do (modded or otherwise) simply compares to beating Godfeaster no sword and no debuff.

If we are narrative scalling, sure I can see CoC1 champ being ahead, since companions muddy the waters quite a bit.

Reactions: Cannibal Cravings

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
Sure ingame soulbind doesn't do shit, but are you really going to argue soul linking to a god isn't going to make you a lot stronger? I mean.. look at Leofric.
Leofric is his "God's" champion isn't he, not just someone who was turned into a furry.

Being turned from a human/elf/orc into a Kitsune isn't the same as being empowered.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
So there are two ways to scale these characters: narratively or gameplay wise. Sure ingame soulbind doesn't do shit, but are you really going to argue soul linking to a god isn't going to make you a lot stronger?
why yes, yes I am. if you look at examples like the kitsunes the valkyries and the astrida, (the soulbind options the champ actually has) each has there own instances of getting there asses kicked either by the champ or someone else. And you can cry foul and point context all you want but the soulbind didn't add to there stength, speed or intelligence. it just gave them powers that while unique and situationally useful don't put them above anyone else.
Besides if we are gameplay scaling: nothing CoC1 champ can do (modded or otherwise) simply compares to beating Godfeaster no sword and no debuff.

If we are narrative scalling, sure I can see CoC1 champ being ahead, since companions muddy the waters quite a bit.
you talk it up all you want it's still not impressive.

Furiae

Jan 7, 2021
OMG, it's like the Goku vs Superman fights on y2k-era GameFAQs all over again. Sephiroth is obviously stronger!!1

(seriously though, you're comparing the MC of a finished game to an unfinished game, not even their final form, etc etc etc)

also
ith CoC2 being based on DnD while the original CoC taking inspiration from traditional Western RPGs
Wait, what are "traditional Western RPGs" if not DnD? My next thought was you meant video games, so Ultima, but usually you maxed out at like level 8.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
Her losing her childhood was a combination of both losing the champion for 10 years not seeing your parent for 10 years I am sorry but will have a negative impact on a child regardless if they understand whatever the parent is doing for them will still be a major component in her and her mother either raising her to become hime or shoujo, which is influenced by you even though without you its a bit of a coin toss, because if you went straight to komori to free kiyoko after kinu is born she still becomes hime, her being robotic is only towards you its like she is either scared, unsure, angry, resentful or multiple combinations of feelings.
Please don't take offense but holy shit this is the biggest run on sentence I've ever seen. This whole section I've quoted here only has ONE period. Please format your posts a little bit in the future to make them easier to read. I understand being on mobile makes it harder but I can't understand 90% of what you replied with because its all just crammed together.

as for if she was resentful why did she allow the champ to pet her well its Japanese culture and tradition that the daughters don't disrespect the parents as its Japanese family hierarchy so I don't think she can outright deny a request from the father.
You're contradicting yourself right here. I made a point of saying how she outright denies the Champ when they ask to pet her tails/face in my original comment, so we know for a fact she's not just letting the Champ pet her just because she can't say no.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
OMG, it's like the Goku vs Superman fights on y2k-era GameFAQs all over again. Sephiroth is obviously stronger!!1
Levels are a game convention, not a statement of in-universe truth.

Django

Apr 14, 2017
Please don't take offense but holy shit this is the biggest run on sentence I've ever seen. This whole section I've quoted here only has ONE period. Please format your posts a little bit in the future to make them easier to read. I understand being on mobile makes it harder but I can't understand 90% of what you replied with because its all just crammed together.
I haven't used this website/forum for the entire time I have been on Fenoxo's forums so let me cook for a sec next time I will make a video for you.

You're contradicting yourself right here. I made a point of saying how she outright denies the Champ when they ask to pet her tails/face in my original comment, so we know for a fact she's not just letting the Champ pet her just because she can't say no.
that is why I said how much influence does the Japanese culture have on the kitsunes? If its a lot then you can assume based on japanese traditions and culture that the family hierarchy solidified considering we are basing the kitsune off of medieval/middle ages Japan also taking into account if the rules apply when you aren't from nobility or an outsider. As there has been only 1 instances where a farmer became basically the Shogan but refused the title.

Doesn't the fact that she doesn't allow the champ to pat her tail or face is a direct indicator that she has either, resentment, annoyance, anger, trust issues, toward the champ given you can only pat the face or tail depending the route, if you can find the dialogue of those exchanges of when you did both when she was a kid and can identify what caused such a preferred switch then its safe to assume she has one of the many emotional issues that I mention earlier where she allows to be pat is a link to her emotions towards the champ.
Her not seeing/being with the champion for 10 years is almost too obvious that she would have resentment towards the champ even if she understood that the champ was demon slaying or didn't know that in the wake of keros releasing them from the orb would fast forward just Kinu's age 10 years, if you don't think not seeing either mother or father wouldn't have a negative impact on the relationship she has with the champ you are out of your mind as Kiyoko has to stop herself from actually saying what might be the main reason.

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
I don't know about anyone else, but for me mods for coc1 are a mandatory, the base game is too raw and abruptly short.

So hopefully in 10+ years I'll be able to blast those pesky ≈100hp cultists with a 200,000 damage fireball.... three times in a row... with a flame dot. All that in CoC2 Wuxia 7.5w6 mod Friendly Fluff edition!
megumin.gif

Reactions: Tamsee and Loveless

redlightnin55

Dec 21, 2022
Well that was a ride... Anyway, back on track.

Kalysea's content could use an "I'm just helping you to beat the demons" option. It's not great that one dialogue ends with your character thinking over their reward from her and a line that says something like "it doesn't hurt just to consider the option" and then if you decide to for the merit of stopping demonic invasion or corruption, you are forced into being her dick sheath without further choice. Even Dracula would blush from your sucking obsession in these scenes.

A choice of whatever benefit she's offering without forcing the player into wanton dick slobbering (or any sex) would be greatly appreciated.

Zeus101

May 5, 2023
Well that was a ride... Anyway, back on track.

Kalysea's content could use an "I'm just helping you to beat the demons" option. It's not great that one dialogue ends with your character thinking over their reward from her and a line that says something like "it doesn't hurt just to consider the option" and then if you decide to for the merit of stopping demonic invasion or corruption, you are forced into being her dick sheath without further choice. Even Dracula would blush from your sucking obsession in these scenes.

A choice of whatever benefit she's offering without forcing the player into wanton dick slobbering (or any sex) would be greatly appreciated.
I hate when shit like that happen very very annoying

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Wait, what are "traditional Western RPGs" if not DnD? My next thought was you meant video games, so Ultima, but usually you maxed out at like level 8.
"Traditional" was probably not the right word. What I had in mind as "traditional Western RPGs" were games like Fable, Diablo 2 and Oblivion. Compared to these games DnD has a lot steeper power curve with leveling up and a far less involved skill tree. CoC1 had the most bare bones skill tree ever but it did have it. CoC2 doesn't. Now I'm also not saying there aren't Western RPGs without skill trees or there aren't JRPGs with them, I just wanted to explain what I had in mind while I typed that.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
Not really a gripe, though still kind of annoying but didn't know where to put it. In the double play date scene with both Aster & Piyari, the writer uses sister in law.. not the correct term, half sister is more precise.

Reactions: ForeverLurker

Pezantri

Aug 28, 2023
Y'know, I've been wondering for a while, but is there no main questline anymore? We've completed Act One, but now it just seems to be a whole lot of random stuff plus RynQuest

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Y'know, I've been wondering for a while, but is there no main questline anymore? We've completed Act One, but now it just seems to be a whole lot of random stuff plus RynQuest
As Savin has said quite a few times (see this and this and this and this), he and another writer have been working very hard on the continuation of the main story quest, and end of the Khor'minos section of the main story. Given how much they've done (a little more than half, at this point) and how much they're doing, it will be done in a few more months.

someone28

Jan 9, 2016
My biggest annoyance is the continued random encounters, especially once I've seen all their scenes and am max level. This is mostly because at this point, I'm backtracking through these areas to get to the permanent content I want to see.

The clearest example of this is probably the encounters on the way to Zo, because there's no waypoint within ~5 squares of her house.

Like, on the one hand I really appreciate that the world still feels alive and populated even after you've "cleared" an area. On the other hand, it really is quite annoying, especially when there's a near 0 chance I lose any of the fights and I never want to see the victory/loss scenes.

A quick idea would be to add a mechanic where killing enough Imps/Centaur leaders will disable that encounter - that'd help a bit here and there.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
The clearest example of this is probably the encounters on the way to Zo, because there's no waypoint within ~5 squares of her house.
A quick idea would be to add a mechanic where killing enough Imps/Centaur leaders will disable that encounter - that'd help a bit here and there.
I feel the same way going to visit goo-cat Nihara in Khor-Minos lake district. But Zo is also up there. It's either run down from Hawkethorne (preferred) or up from Marefolk Village (I usually hit Valencia on the way), but that's a guaranteed cultist fight at the Ford.

The problem is that even if you could halt the Centaur fights (or even say disable them for 12 hours after defeating/killing them)... there'd still be Lupine Scouts, the two or three Crazy Horses, the Marefolk Shaman, Mushroom Druid, maybe gnolls or slimes depending on the route (Heshat), etc. Luckily, like you said, it's not so bad since you can just auto-pilot it or burn your Ultimate Power (since you're likely sleeping it off with Zo or Pupperidge Farm and not really in danger, or even Flee with little chance of failure.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
This. Please for the love of god allow us to choose an option like "once and for all" on the corrupted centaurs. It could require clearing the harvest valley marefolk and centaur quests first obviously. But having this as a clickable option would be nice for the people who don't engage with the erotic scenes during those encounters anyways.

God knows anytime I see them its one or two moves and then a swift execution lol

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
Hmm... that a double-edged sword. If this is added for one type of encounter, requests for all others will follow very soon.
I could make the argument that because they're specifically a "corrupted" encounter their numbers would dwindle over time once the Harvest Valley quests are complete anyways. I understand that realistically there is more than just one centaur village in the world but it really feels like that specific encounter should stop once you solve the Valley's problems. It also wouldn't make sense for certain other encounters. Like the totally normal pack of wolves from the old forest, realistically the Champ isn't out here pulling random genocide. Its pretty easy to put a line in the sand and see what encounters could realistically fall off in the later game and what encounters could stick around.

Regardless putting "once and for all" as a button that players could choose would allow people to opt in or opt out of seeing those scenes. The people who enjoy the fights and sex scenes can just keep them around but other people who just want to skip past it have the option of stopping it forever. I believe the only other content in the game with an option like this is the random elf boy with a horse wang you can encounter in the old forest. His scenes are the only ones I've seen in the game with a "remove content" button.

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
I could make the argument that because they're specifically a "corrupted" encounter their numbers would dwindle over time once the Harvest Valley quests are complete anyways. I understand that realistically there is more than just one centaur village in the world but it really feels like that specific encounter should stop once you solve the Valley's problems. It also wouldn't make sense for certain other encounters. Like the totally normal pack of wolves from the old forest, realistically the Champ isn't out here pulling random genocide. Its pretty easy to put a line in the sand and see what encounters could realistically fall off in the later game and what encounters could stick around.

Regardless putting "once and for all" as a button that players could choose would allow people to opt in or opt out of seeing those scenes. The people who enjoy the fights and sex scenes can just keep them around but other people who just want to skip past it have the option of stopping it forever. I believe the only other content in the game with an option like this is the random elf boy with a horse wang you can encounter in the old forest. His scenes are the only ones I've seen in the game with a "remove content" button.
What I meant was that adding such an "on/off" switch would necessarily generate a wallop of requests for same to all other encounters, which would create additional burdens for developers. Instead of processing each individual encounter separately, with a logical chain of why it is now unavailable and so on, it would be better to create an item to deter low-level assholes, all at once. Just set encouter chance to zero for a certain amount of time.

As for that elf boy in the forest, I read somewhere that the whole point of adding the option with its disabling was due to a very heavy load of encounters in this location. So it's just an opportunity to unload the encounter sheet.

And the irrevocable removal of the centaur pack can play a cruel joke. As far as I know it's the only(?) way to increase your dick size past the certain threshold that TFs can provide.

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
The centaur pack is the only way to get certain combinations of dick attributes, because fucking the leader enough times will transform the base shape of your dick into horse, while leaving other tags intact. You can't get a barbed horse dick any other way, as far as I know.

Zeus101

May 5, 2023
Maybe they should add an invisible potion or something like that, to keep you invisible for a while like 7 tiles or something like that

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Liaden's Hug! Scene. Not because it's there. But because it doesn't have a gender or relationship lock and my pure male character still sees it. WHY!?