Your Gripes With CoC2

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Hello!

This is the new gripes box for CoC2: a place for you to list concerns, issues, and grievances with the game as it exists today. This isn't a place to talk about things you'd like to see added or think are missing (which has its own thread here), or to report bugs, typos, or other technical or implementation problems (those go in their own subforum, please and thank you). Having a centrally located place to collect constructive criticism is important for the health of the game, and we do regularly read these threads for that reason.

Before just letting you go, though, I'd like to talk a moment about user behavior in this thread, because there's some very good reasons the last version of this thread was locked and several people were banned.

Sometimes people posting in here will have takes you don't agree with -- and that's okay. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. There's really no need to argue over opinions and preferences. If you disagree with an opinion, let it ride.

Posting about factual errors in the game or inconsistencies should be relegated to their own threads for discussion, or reported as bugs.

Disguising your personal hot takes as a statement of fact in here is actively deleterious to the health of the game (and to our ability to go through otherwise valid criticism). It's okay to be wrong, but please remember this is a thread that fundamentally is about your own opinions on the game and its content. If what you say is provably wrong you're going to probably get your nose rubbed in it by other users or the staff. That being said, when that happens, I ask other users to please be respectful in correcting posts of that nature, preferably with direct quotations to back up your positions.

Also this is really not a place to post about real world ideology. Please keep your stances on race/gender/politics to yourself anywhere on the forum or FenCommunity as a whole, and especially here. This is a bannable offense.

Finally, a reminder again to please be respectful to each other and to the staff here. We don't have any dedicated forum moderators other than me anymore, and I have precious little patience for toxicity and flame wars. Some of you have been here a long, long time -- I have known some users on this forum since I was in college more than a decade ago. We're all grownups now, let's try and act like it. Attack dogging each other in this thread isn't acceptable, nor is being grossly toxic to others (even when they're being snide first).

Warns and bans will be issued liberally for your behavior, and the quality of your posting, not for your posted opinions themselves.

valkyr42

Mar 4, 2016
It's Cold Here, Midwestern US
I understand why DommeRina is locked to vagina-only players but not why it is locked to Brienne; shouldn't we be able to just go solo with Rina?

edit: ah, i understand now. i shall tolerate the clingy girlfriend for continued access to the content

Last edited:

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Everything about what happened last time makes me sad and tired. But yeah, gripes with the game...

I guess it annoys me that if you meet the requirements for Zhara to join your Wayfort but don't have any kids with her, the game just conjures Mitra out of whole cloth. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not.

Also I dislike how there's no followup about what happened to the corrupted Dryad in the Druid Temple, and that Archdruid Xadaron appeared once and was killed quickly with little fanfare. Not like I wanted to dissect him but he felt like an Anti-Climax.

Reactions: TipMaster

Gardeford

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I understand why DommeRina is locked to vagina-only players but not why it is locked to Brienne; shouldn't we be able to just go solo with Rina?
Brihaus probably could become a 1000+ page nightmare monster, but the result would just mean wsan never gets to write anything else for the game. It's already unbelievably complex with the level of detail he's going in for it.

Reactions: Furiae and valkyr42

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
I have a bit of a gripe in that I don't touch alchemy much as nearly as much as i did in the other games. I get the idea and it's neat but I don't like simply experimenting with my appearance. I have a basic idea of a few items and what they do but when i see i can mix each item with like different stuff idk it just feels a bit intimidating in a sense and i could just experiment and savescum but not too thrilled about that prospect. It's really just something I've barely ever touched in this game and i didn't go nuts with it in either games but i dunno.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
There were no ability lists. You only had the 5 spells from black/white books, cleansing palm from Jojo, and a couple TF based powers from naga/dragon. I may have missed one or two, but that's well under 10.

ShifterDreams

Sep 18, 2015
My biggest gripe is that the salamander eyes are hard locked to being golden in color I never tf my eyes into them even if I'm going full salamander because of this

Reactions: Furiae

Greyfox643

May 20, 2016
Carmen

When you trigger her blow job, she offers to have you visit for more fun whenever you're next in town.

Refuses to take geusts.

Just let me lewd the vampire Baroness

Also
(Boring combat related things)

Ashe not being a light weapon.

I miss dual wielding two epic holy weapons like I'm the chosen of Sigmar The Hammer and The Emperor Lumia. But cool. Would also be could if I could tease her shift until use a 2Handed form if her, but if mace and shield is what she envisioned for me, then so be it.

There's also a lack of non-heavy special two-handers. Not all two handers need to be so SLOW with their (HEAVY) tags and their penalty to accuracy and initiative. It feels like the Swift Sword is the only option for that, but it deals only one type of non-elemental damage.

Fritz Hansen

Jun 3, 2023
Crap to play without companions. Some enemies can do multiple turns in a single round, but the Champion can only do one turn every round when alone. It makes combat difficult against horde of enemy

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.png

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
The game and the devs will never support solo parties. Because that's not how the game is supposed to be played or whatever.

Boshe

Apr 4, 2022
there is dual wield and it's pretty good if you go with shortswords and give yourself Byvernia's powers
that said, another gripe, no new Byvernia content

Cerneu

Aug 19, 2019
What's the point of shearing either Clementine or Noire if you don't get to collect their wool?

I want it... for reasons.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Cait and Ryn ought to take Great Heal upon reaching level 6. In general, companions replace their worse abilities for the higher level better alternative if it exists upon hitting that level but this is most notable with Great Heal. Also I wish Ryn would get Dawnbreak on her Queenly Raiment set if you give her the crown since Spirit Veil is pretty mid at this level.

Rudra72

Jun 16, 2022
It bothers me somehwat that physical appearance changes are sorta-kinda RNG

Hair color/eye color/kind of fur etc should just be fixed to a specific ingredient I think

Furiae

Jan 7, 2021
other than the eternal "not enough dudes" complaint (which i actually AM trying to combat by working on a submission:oops:)?

the newest dungeon just reminded me how i wish i could side with/help the druids. after convocation of mirrors, i have no particular inclination to kiss up to the seven (except maybe mallach, because 'catboy' is basically my sexual preference; and he hasn't tried to yoink my soul, just gave me a 'hey your demon girlfriend? SHE'S A DEMON' talking-to, which is fair enough), and i genuinely feel for hethia and her people more than the lumian frost elves.

i think i said before, years ago, i wish i could have the option of trying to wipe out the kitsune to save the wyld trees, even if it went all drakengard and i got a bad end for the attempt. i get that content like that is probably way lower priority than progressing the mainline story, but if this was a tabletop campaign, that's what i'd be doing ;)

Jablue

Jun 6, 2019
Bigger Gripe: I don't feel like much of a wizard with a limited number of spells in an encounter that I have to have pre-selected. :/

Smaller Gripe: Why can't I plow the widowed Gobbo-gilf???? :negativeman:

Boshe

Apr 4, 2022
Bigger Gripe: I don't feel like much of a wizard with a limited number of spells in an encounter that I have to have pre-selected. :/
I don't feel like much of a wizard with an arcanist/scholar background and still having to rely on Viv for all the magical theory and basic enchantments

Smaller Gripe: Why can't I plow the widowed Gobbo-gilf???? :negativeman:
because she has no content yet

Rezplz

Jul 27, 2022
other than the eternal "not enough dudes" complaint (which i actually AM trying to combat by working on a submission:oops:)?

the newest dungeon just reminded me how i wish i could side with/help the druids. after convocation of mirrors, i have no particular inclination to kiss up to the seven (except maybe mallach, because 'catboy' is basically my sexual preference; and he hasn't tried to yoink my soul, just gave me a 'hey your demon girlfriend? SHE'S A DEMON' talking-to, which is fair enough), and i genuinely feel for hethia and her people more than the lumian frost elves.

i think i said before, years ago, i wish i could have the option of trying to wipe out the kitsune to save the wyld trees, even if it went all drakengard and i got a bad end for the attempt. i get that content like that is probably way lower priority than progressing the mainline story, but if this was a tabletop campaign, that's what i'd be doing ;)
I'm assuming I missed something due to my habit of skimming a lot(especially kitsune stuff) due to multitasking, but is it confirmed somewhere that the kitsune are messing up the trees? I noticed one line that hints that they're contributing to their downfall somehow. Also, if they're doing something to the wyld trees after certain events happened to them in the past (I have no idea how to use spoiler tags, plz halp) it might not even be so bad of a thing.

'hey your demon girlfriend? SHE'S A DEMON'
Speaking of WOAH SPOILERS.

Reactions: valkyr42