Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
It's really not gonna; that's the purpose of the part of the event where you say "no forever" and then poly!Azzy never comes up again. That was added specifically to address the issue.
That's fine with me. I just wish the "Say no forever" line was more in the vein of polite but firm, like when saying to Brienne, "No. I don't want to fuck you all night. Not now, not ever."
Oh, no. People wanting to bang Liaden isn't surprising in the least, but nobody's really had the time to get to her until just now. Her having any presence outside of the Hive quest is pure scope creep :p
Now that's an explanation I definitely believe. Liaden struck me as the sort of NPC who was nothing more than a plot mover and shaker, but was kind of a big hita and got an expanded role as a result.

Let me tell you, though, I'm glad they did. She had too much of a Satellite Love Interest quality to her for my liking.
Well, actually, Brienne is also kind of polygamous, she doesn't want to fuck others, but she wants Champ to do it. Of course, with strictly defined people who are very dear to her, so it's more about "sharing happiness and joy with loved ones," but still.
Yeah, Brint's a stud who kinda-sorta wants his own harem with the PC in it, Brienne wants the PC to have a harem with her as the top wife. I'm kind of surprised they haven't done anything with that thread before or since her scenes with Rina.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Listen when I say I want a more "monogamous"-esque romance in the game like Brienne or Kiyoko and I hear in response "actually, Brienne is not monogamous, she sexes others" I feel like people are missing the point and the appeal there.

Brienne only fucks other people if champ so weilds it. She is only interested in you, she only romantically loves you and would not dare fuck other chicks without your approval. That is what a monogamous -esque NPC means. They only exist to please the player by only being interested in them.

That is what I want more off. Less hos, more waifu/husbandos.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
Listen when I say I want a more "monogamous"-esque romance in the game like Brienne or Kiyoko and I hear in response "actually, Brienne is not monogamous, she sexes others" I feel like people are missing the point and the appeal there.

Brienne only fucks other people if champ so weilds it. She is only interested in you, she only romantically loves you and would not dare fuck other chicks without your approval. That is what a monogamous -esque NPC means. They only exist to please the player by only being interested in them.

That is what I want more off. Less hos, more waifu/husbandos.
Would that also include what Kiyoko does with you when it comes to Rindo and the two sisters?

Reactions: Ultra Chad

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I'm sure they'll add at least one more character like that, but I don't feel like making solid predictions since literally anyone or anything could be on the cards. Plus we're still waiting on BriHaus, which could be dropping any day now, and I am SOOOO ready for it.

Zarkrai

Sep 30, 2021
I don't like how becoming a Valkyrie overwrites your wings if you already have one. I thought the most they would do is either ask if you want a different wing or not and if not, then they would just change the color to white or gold. Not get rid of my wings entirely and give me the avian wings WITHOUT my consent.

• Haha
Reactions: wolfraider13

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
All the Soulbind Transformations override a lot of features from other races. Including different tails or wings. You get to be either a pure fox or a pure angel or a pure gothic salamander. No mix 'n' match.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Of the two present now, angel/Valkyrie (which, tbh has a lot more in common with lesser fantasy angels than any Valkyrie) has the least overall changes, have to be feminine, have to have wings, but after those two you can be a lot of other things, as seen with the example NPC Valkyries. Your wings will be overwritten and locked, and femininity has to be XX or more, but beyond that you can customize the appearance way more than Kitsune, which tends to be REALLY restricted. I'm hoping the gothmanders will lean more towards Valkyrie than Kitsune in this respect, but I'm honestly expecting them to be a lot closer to Kitsune in terms of rigidity. At least the "all of them are dickgirls" part was dropped for the Champion (even though like 80 % of my playtime tends to be dickgirls, it's still annoying to feel forced to that degree).

Reactions: Arai and Acharehnus

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
That seems to happen a lot, at least from what I see on some of the posts, ppl like playing either femboys or dickgirls; it's kinda fascinating how often it happens. Honestly, I just hope there's a 'middle-ground' route with the factions, I'd love to play the middleman that's looking to play all sides .

ForeverLurker

Feb 9, 2022
That seems to happen a lot, at least from what I see on some of the posts, ppl like playing either femboys or dickgirls; it's kinda fascinating how often it happens. Honestly, I just hope there's a 'middle-ground' route with the factions, I'd love to play the middleman that's looking to play all sides .
People have played their mc like that since coc 1 me personally I play straight guys (well Bi I guess with certain feminine characters) I tend to self insert in rpg games.

Reactions: Ultra Chad

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
People have played their mc like that since coc 1 me personally I play straight guys (well Bi I guess with certain feminine characters) I tend to self insert in rpg games.
Don't we all usually do that in some form, and then some do a female/waifu run? Self-inserts are kind of the purpose of RPGs, god to know I'm not the only one.

Ria Brew

Nov 16, 2020
I never self insert in rpgs, those are my escapes. If anything all my characters are usually idealized versions of the kind of people I WISH I could be, and for the most part that includes physical and personality traits that differ greatly from me.

And with my 2 character types being strong, tall women and soft femmy boys take that how you will.

Don't we all usually do that in some form, and then some do a female/waifu run? Self-inserts are kind of the purpose of RPGs, god to know I'm not the only one.
There's a couple more popular ways people go about making their characters. Some people make the champ a self insert or idealized version of themselves, some want to play as something they just find extremely attractive, others just like throwing together neat transformative options to see what they can end up with or scene variations, etc.

We've got a lot of people looking for different things from these games in our community, so it's best to be a bit more careful with such assumptions.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
There's a couple more popular ways people go about making their characters. Some people make the champ a self insert or idealized version of themselves, some want to play as something they just find extremely attractive, others just like throwing together neat transformative options to see what they can end up with or scene variations, etc.

We've got a lot of people looking for different things from these games in our community, so it's best to be a bit more careful with such assumptions.
In a way, wouldn't all of that be possible by basing that off of creating self/idealized inserts? I mean there are a lot of people in our world and I'm assuming at least some of the characters draw their inspirations from somewhere. Except I'm not sure there are any real life wolf boys anything like that here.

In a way, wouldn't all of that be possible by basing that off of creating self/idealized inserts? I mean there are a lot of people in our world and I'm assuming at least some of the characters draw their inspirations from somewhere. Except I'm not sure there are any real life wolf boys anything like that here.
Of course it's possible, and some people already play like that, that's why I ended the sentence with etcetera to imply there's more and then went on to say that we have a huge variety of things that players are striving for.

Apologies if the post came off as inconsiderate or ignorant in any way, I just didn't feel like making a meatier post at the time and took the lazy route.

ForeverLurker

Feb 9, 2022
Of course it's possible, and some people already play like that, that's why I ended the sentence with etcetera to imply there's more and then went on to say that we have a huge variety of things that players are striving for.

Apologies if the post came off as inconsiderate or ignorant in any way, I just didn't feel like making a meatier post at the time and took the lazy route.
Personally I self insert because theres not alot of relatable black characters in stuff like this or fantasy in general.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
I never self insert in rpgs, those are my escapes. If anything all my characters are usually idealized versions of the kind of people I WISH I could be, and for the most part that includes physical and personality traits that differ greatly from me.

And with my 2 character types being strong, tall women and soft femmy boys take that how you will.

This for me for sure. At some point in early childhood I did self-inserts that were idealized versions of me in an "when I grow up" type of way, but these days my sense of self-worth just won't let me. I haven't played a character that shared anything more than the most basic sense of right and wrong (and frequently not even that) for 20 years in any RPG. Sometimes I make characters based on stories, like a made a Warrior that was directly inspired by the MC from the Heretic Spellblade haremlit books, or I made a futanari barbarian based off some random smut story that I liked the description of. But frequently these days I'll go with "archetypes" like "heroic knight" or "evil sorceress" or the like, and then just spin off that to some degree.

I have a friend on the other hand who is the complete and total opposite and just can't play a game if he can't self-insert as if it was him today that ended up in that situation, and when he does play then he can only play the game once, and will vehemently claim that was the only way it could have happened as if it was a preset movie or the like, because that's the only way he would have played it. To his defense he's mildly autistic of the aspy type, hence the extreme angle of that, but it's given me better insight into people who prefer self-inserts for sure dealing with him...

Shizenhakai

Jul 9, 2016
Minor thing, but after seeing Etheryn without her chastity cage, seeing her with it makes me uncomfortable.

Her member looks like it is 4-5 times the size of the cage. Being in there must have been painful..
Also, now that she is uncaged, can we increase that size as well? =P

Bluebird42

Jan 5, 2021
Minor thing, but after seeing Etheryn without her chastity cage, seeing her with it makes me uncomfortable.

Her member looks like it is 4-5 times the size of the cage. Being in there must have been painful..
Also, now that she is uncaged, can we increase that size as well? =P
I'm fairly certain Sav has said somewhere that Ryn's cock size won't be changeable. In game, she likes the size of her cock and isn't keen on changing it. Writing wise, she has so many parsers to account for and keep up with already that it would be absolute hell to add another, as well as having to go back through the already-written content (again) to account for the new variation.

Reactions: Savin and Sacremas

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
At best you'd be able to get it back to before she shrunk it in an attempt to remove the cage by having it fall off.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
I just want a new sleeping 69 scene with my character and uncaged Ryn. My character would have a nice pacifier to suckle, Ryn would have her stomach-deep feeding tube, win-win.

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
I got some prbs to gripe about real quick they might seem petty but blowing up minor gripes is my thing so, why is it that with certain areas and NPCs there are price changes but they don't make sense? An example is in Khor'minos you'll find gems to sell in the tunnels, the mage-fox vendor will buy them for cheap but up the road and the tainted-herbs dealer buy them for half the original value, so this implies that Khor' is used to having these gems around but when I go somewhere like Hawkthrone I still end up selling them for the same half price? The Economy hasn't been thoroughly thought through.
Another thing is that the Kitsune merchant with the champion thighs is in disguise selling goods at a high price but all you have to do to circumvent that is go to den, there should be a cycle for her to be in the den and then going on the road to hustle.

Last edited:

susby99

Dec 3, 2020
When creating a character strength is the only attribute that is left inaccessible when playing certain classes as certain races. Every other stat is included in one of the two all-class backgrounds, and some like the warrior class can completely ignore having to pick and choose attributes entirely so long as they pick Noble Scion as their background. It won't necessarily cripple a character, but it doesn't feel great playing something like a White Mage Spellsword as any race other than Orc or Lupine when you know either of the two aforementioned groups come built-in with an attribute your preferred character doesn't even get the option of picking.
The attribute system seems like a really good idea for building up certain types of playstyles but when one class can work around the system just by its own merit while others force you to either play as a character you don't want to or miss out on building up your character in the way you want to and it just makes the system seem like an unnecessary complication added to the system

Last edited:

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
When creating a character strength is the only attribute that is left inaccessible when playing certain classes as certain races. Every other stat is included in one of the two all-class backgrounds, and some like the warrior class can completely ignore having to pick and choose attributes entirely so long as they pick Noble Scion as their background. It won't necessarily cripple a character, but it doesn't feel great playing something like a White Mage Spellsword as any race other than Orc or Lupine when you know either of the two aforementioned groups come built-in with an attribute your preferred character doesn't even get the option of picking.
The attribute system seems like a really good idea for building up certain types of playstyles but when one class can work around the system just by its own merit while others force you to either play as a character you don't want to or miss out on building up your character in the way you want to and it just makes the system seem like an unnecessary complication added to the system
Are you... are you talking about affinities? I assume so, given you talking about how "Every other stat is included in one of the two all-class backgrounds." If so, then I'd have to guess you haven't updated your game in a really long time, because affinities were removed in February of 2022. They still stuck around in name, but they no longer mattered mechanically, as from that point onwards we've been able to level up any stat regardless of class, race, and background.

Back when they were still in the game, I found them really annoying and I complained about it too, but it's been gone for well over a year. Why bring it up now?

Reactions: Sacremas

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Are you... are you talking about affinities? I assume so, given you talking about how "Every other stat is included in one of the two all-class backgrounds." If so, then I'd have to guess you haven't updated your game in a really long time, because affinities were removed in February of 2022. They still stuck around in name, but they no longer mattered mechanically, as from that point onwards we've been able to level up any stat regardless of class, race, and background.

Back when they were still in the game, I found them really annoying and I complained about it too, but it's been gone for well over a year. Why bring it up now?
Looks like it's finally time for me to make a warrior that uses Presence

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Looks like it's finally time for me to make a warrior that uses Presence
Presence based warriors makes for great tank types, I'm playing a mirror mage based one now that is Toughness, Willpower and Presence as traits with either Agility or Strength as Boons depending on what I need, that usually has a summon ready and wears Conqueror's Plate, Helm of Heroes and Guldring all to boost leadership, and then with the right gear you get a near unkillable summoner tank that buffs everyone else and can do some holy smiting when needed. Swap toughness for Strength and get Agility as a Boon when needed for heavier stuff, and you get a somewhat more squishy paladin type instead.

Yeah Affinities were more than a bit annoying, I ended up making two noble scion human warriors that swapped classes later for example with my desired spread, just to get around that. While I still feel mixed about removal of Resolve (while a semi awkward system, removing it made Charmers weird, and it means that unless you get blueballed quickly or the like, which can be much easier avoided, there's no longer any need to worry about filling up your resolve in trade for some corruption points, though town teleport kinda made that moot also I guess, it just still seems like a vital part of the mix to loose), removing Affinities was good.

susby99

Dec 3, 2020

I was going off the information provided by the wiki, and was also really annoyed that the classes and everything in game didn't even show what affinities the characters would get but I guess it was the wiki that hasn't been updated in a really long time lol. Thanks for the reply because I probably wouldn't have known this at all otherwise. Looking at it again (editing this post) I guess it makes sense to keep some of the info there for people who do want to play on older versions but it'd be nice if they could make it a bit clearer that they were removed from newer versions for the benefit of idiots like me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.