Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Really? That's your stance? "Oh doing this one sidequest unlocks an OPTION for one of my sidekicks or an NPC I never have to interact with, that (in the former's case) can be switched off at any time, but I don't like it so I'll just leave an NPC to DIE HORRIBLY AND SLOWLY." I find that kind of nutso.

• Love
Reactions: Animalistic

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Why yes, I would doom a dragon to her death just because she is not willing to give me power. If that spear can make even as someone as useless as Evelyn a fighter, just imagine if it had someone like the champion wield its boons. But since it is from bygone era where only high nobility was considered worthy of its boons, I will honor it's tradition of letting people down and let it fade away like the relic it is. For it does not belong in more developed times.

Really? That's your stance? "Oh doing this one sidequest unlocks an OPTION for one of my sidekicks or an NPC I never have to interact with, that (in the former's case) can be switched off at any time, but I don't like it so I'll just leave an NPC to DIE HORRIBLY AND SLOWLY." I find that kind of nutso.
Considering we have things like the magical nuke under the Hawkethorne temple that people attempt to handwave by saying the timeline branches so that it only exists if you start building the temple or some nonsense, probably not the right person to be taking up this sort of grievance with to be honest. Whose to say Ashe even exists as she does if you never procced her first scene?

And also considering the questline is initially spun to just be about a tea delivery, there's also the simple headcanon that the champion didn't think it was actually that important whilst they deal with the potential end of the world as they know it, and thus has no idea there's a dying dragon in a cave somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arai

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
So, besides me accidentally wiping my file again...which is a shame tha'ts 365 in game days undone (god getting kiyoko kids back the grind is looming)... But after a few major updates I suppose I can start workin my way back and see how things are.

My minor gripe this time is I usually set up my PC with excessive amount of cum getting the potion from that one orc guy and stuff liek that. But I don't want people perpetually pregnant so I take the brown leaf thing (or whatever it's called that makes you not impregnate anyone) since i can't just make everyone not get pregnant so it ends up in a weird spot where a few scenes, i forget which ones exactly just don't work cause you aren't like virile enough i guess cause i took the leaf and there's some comments on it and like I get it to an extent but honestly I feel I would like the brown leaf more if it was literally just a turn on turn off pregnancy thing and not effect scenes itself.

It's not a big deal in the slightest honestly but it bugs me a bit so I feel I hafta just leave the leaf off and then Brienne goes from pregnant to pregnant and then i end up not wanting to take her out cause that's not okay to me when i have other companion choices and it ends up as a whole thing.

Maybe I just wanna ask Brienne to take contraceptives herself but ah well no option for that lol...And then there's characters like Elthara too and I'm sure a few others that i usually have this problem with.

Reactions: wolfraider13

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
So, besides me accidentally wiping my file again...which is a shame tha'ts 365 in game days undone (god getting kiyoko kids back the grind is looming)... But after a few major updates I suppose I can start workin my way back and see how things are.
You might be able to load from Auto-save. Unless you mean you erased all the cookies/browser data that would secure it. Either way it might be a good idea to download it a save file for future proofing.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
You might be able to load from Auto-save. Unless you mean you erased all the cookies/browser data that would secure it. Either way it might be a good idea to download it a save file for future proofing.

yeah it was wiping my browser data. I probably should see about doing that tbh. Cause I forget and then like a long long long while later end up doing that and just whoops.

Ultra Chad

Aug 22, 2022

My minor gripe this time is I usually set up my PC with excessive amount of cum getting the potion from that one orc guy and stuff liek that. But I don't want people perpetually pregnant so I take the brown leaf thing (or whatever it's called that makes you not impregnate anyone) since i can't just make everyone not get pregnant so it ends up in a weird spot where a few scenes, i forget which ones exactly just don't work cause you aren't like virile enough i guess cause i took the leaf and there's some comments on it and like I get it to an extent but honestly I feel I would like the brown leaf more if it was literally just a turn on turn off pregnancy thing and not effect scenes itself.

It's not a big deal in the slightest honestly but it bugs me a bit so I feel I hafta just leave the leaf off and then Brienne goes from pregnant to pregnant and then i end up not wanting to take her out cause that's not okay to me when i have other companion choices and it ends up as a whole thing.

Maybe I just wanna ask Brienne to take contraceptives herself but ah well no option for that lol...And then there's characters like Elthara too and I'm sure a few others that i usually have this problem with.
I have the opposite problem as I want to impregnate all the woman I sleep with but that is not possible right now.

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
yeah, I'm good, I don't particularly appreciate playing puppet for the writer unless it's a properly thought-out scenario. She's on life support and will probably outlive us if we're going to get technical about things.

Reactions: Arai

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills

The pain of being a Brienne-Stand is that you are perpetually locked into the child support system:negativeman:
Tho I get you, she should have like a built-in child limit or something.

Lolipop

Jun 21, 2020
Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I think we seriously need better unique, single-handed weapons for Black mages.

We currently don't have a single unique item that sounds impressive: whereas warriors get the "Dawnsword" or "Wings of Sorra," black mages are left with a less than glamorous "control rod" that has extremely mediocre stats due to the latest rework, plus it's a gift from Kinu as opposed to a trophy won in combat (plus its gated behind Kiyoko content, which ain't for everyone)

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Honestly surprised they didn't give us more Black Mage stuff in the Berwyn dungeon.
Yeah, pretty much the only things were a spell and the Titanic Hat having a strong spellpower buff. But given the latest patch notes, I presume it's been nerfed.
"control rod" that has extremely mediocre stats due to the latest rework,
I do have to wonder, what the specific number tweaks are. For all four nerfed things, really.

Reactions: Lolipop

Mostof1

Apr 5, 2023
The game feels weird without the resolve bar. Winning through arousal was an interesting alternative winning condition that added more flavor to combat. Now teasing feels just like any other attack.

It also breaks immersion when showing boobs hurts the enemy like they've been hit with a fire spell.

They should add a replacement or at least the option to toggle it back.

Reactions: Lolipop

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Yeah, pretty much the only things were a spell and the Titanic Hat having a strong spellpower buff. But given the latest patch notes, I presume it's been nerfed.

I do have to wonder, what the specific number tweaks are. For all four nerfed things, really.

The Titanic Hat can either give a large (12 points I think it is) Spellpower, Attack Power or Sexiness bonus, depending on what your highest stat of Strength, Willpower and Presence, I think it's been slightly nerfed from 15 points, and it used to give the other misc stats that the regular hat from the Old Forest gave you, but now it only gives that stat boost and nothing else.

Lolipop

Jun 21, 2020

The hat ain't that good (any more). The crown from the latest Etheryn quest is arguably better.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but a gripe I have is Azyrran x Liaden. I basically create a new character specifically for romancing Azyrran, as all my characters tend to be monogamous (sex with one character ever) and I don't intend on changing that. All of her interactions with my character were all lovey dovey and stuff. After a few days she then asks me to be her wingman for Liaden. Imagine my shock as this came out of nowhere (at least I didn't notice anything that would have lead up to that). I know there's the option that will basically forbid her from asking you again and then they don't ever become a couple, but still, the fact that that happened at all is still bothersome for me, because it came out of nowhere.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Actually, I may have an idea that might fix the Azyrran and Liaden thing. Maybe if you have sex with Azyrran a certain amount of times, or your relationship with her is at a specific level the whole event of her trying to get with Liaden can be ignored entirely? That way, the event can occur for people who are into it, and there's also a way for it to not happen at all for people who are bothered by its existence. I understand that it may take a while to do, so maybe after the team is done working on other stuff? As long as it happens in the forseeable future.

Last edited:

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Or you know, not every companion has to be designed to ONLY want to fuck the champ and no one else? God forbid you cant have one companion have you as there main hole.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
Or you know, not every companion has to be designed to ONLY want to fuck the champ and no one else? God forbid you cant have one companion have you as there main hole.
The problem, if you read properly is that it comes out of nowhere. Remember Cait? She makes it clear that she's gonna sleep around with others before she even sleeps with you, which I appreciate. I wouldn't have even bothered with Azyrran if I knew this was gonna happen.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
I'm just surprised it took them this long to make it so players could befriend and have sex with Liaden independently of Azzy. Sure they wrote her as a lesbian, but that wouldn't stop anyone who was okay with making a female Champion or using female pronouns. She's a plucky blonde with a tan and a short skirt. Did they really think players wouldn't want a piece of her?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
As long as it happens in the forseeable future.
It's really not gonna; that's the purpose of the part of the event where you say "no forever" and then poly!Azzy never comes up again. That was added specifically to address the issue.

Did they really think players wouldn't want a piece of her?
Oh, no. People wanting to bang Liaden isn't surprising in the least, but nobody's really had the time to get to her until just now. Her having any presence outside of the Hive quest is pure scope creep :p

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
It's really not gonna; that's the purpose of the part of the event where you say "no forever" and then poly!Azzy never comes up again. That was added specifically to address the issue.

Oh, no. People wanting to bang Liaden isn't surprising in the least, but nobody's really had the time to get to her until just now. Her having any presence outside of the Hive quest is pure scope creep :p
And here I thought reoccurring side-characters was a complete genius move to give the illusion of a "lived-in" feeling

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
I personally love it when a character that I like is exclusive to me or close to it. And I think many others do. So I hope we get more of those along the way. Enough with whores and manwhores (especially the latter.)

I get it, I even mentioned it as being one of the reasons Azzy wasn't higher over in that least liked companion thread, but for me I think the biggest issue is that for it feels like it should just be a little less mean spirited when you try to opt out of the Azzy/Lia scenes, including a possible way to do so whilst saying you're fine with it, but just hiding most of the content from yourself.

I don't even have a problem with her being poly, lord knows the champion is most of the time, but sometimes it just feels like you're getting a tiny bit third wheeled, and that stinks on playthroughs where you wanna romance the bee at times.

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
The situation is like if you date someone exclusively for a while and everything is going great. Then suddenly they say that they are poly and they wanna have sex with other people. Even if you tell them "no forever", it's off-putting they'd ask you that and you already know that this is something they want to do and that in their mind you're the bad guy for not letting them live their life. I'm not sure how most people here would react to that, but for me personally, not very well. Just to clarify, I'm not saying I have anything against poly people, if my comment gives off that impression. So if the event is not gonna change to where there's another way to avoid it all together, then it is what it is I suppose.

Last edited:

Bleh223

Dec 9, 2022
I get it, I even mentioned it as being one of the reasons Azzy wasn't higher over in that least liked companion thread, but for me I think the biggest issue is that for it feels like it should just be a little less mean spirited when you try to opt out of the Azzy/Lia scenes, including a possible way to do so whilst saying you're fine with it, but just hiding most of the content from yourself.

I don't even have a problem with her being poly, lord knows the champion is most of the time, but sometimes it just feels like you're getting a tiny bit third wheeled, and that stinks on playthroughs where you wanna romance the bee at times.
I don't know man, maybe they can add in a Bess/Beth or Embry kind of relationship from TITS to certain characters where they ask you what kind of relationship you want: poly, mono, etc. They can probably demand the right to sleep with others if you say that you're poly, and if you say mono there's a way for them to detect if you sleep with someone else and either end the relationship or punish you somehow.

Last edited:

Melancholy Man

Mar 23, 2023
Greenhills
I get that we want the cuddle-bug to ourselves but monogamy isn't rewarded or encouraged in this game guys, we just have to take our wins when we get them; thank the Gods that the writers for Brienne and Aileh are around.

Reactions: Bleh223

Dude_with_bad_english

Oct 11, 2022
I get that we want the cuddle-bug to ourselves but monogamy isn't rewarded or encouraged in this game guys, we just have to take our wins when we get them; thank the Gods that the writers for Brienne and Aileh are around.
Well, actually, Brienne is also kind of polygamous, she doesn't want to fuck others, but she wants Champ to do it. Of course, with strictly defined people who are very dear to her, so it's more about "sharing happiness and joy with loved ones," but still. As for Aileh, she almost certainly has some fun time when she visits her mother, but it's nothing serious, more like a family tradition, having tea, eating a cupcake, having fun with a live sex toy, you know nothing serious.

Okay, fine, I'm just fucking with you. :gedlaugh:

And seriously, a pure romantic monogamous relationship sounds too good for these horny lands. Maybe at another time in another place for other people. Now go push that couple into a pool of corrupt honey!:gedhmmyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.