Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlightnin55

Dec 21, 2022
Hmm... Hmmmm... I'm going to do something I'd normally never considering doing, but since I found what might be the only piece of feedback on the most recent steam update that's not sociopathic or sycophantic, I'd like to share it in light of other recent gripes. Though it's not just due to relevance but also whoever this dude is, he's hilarious.

steamcap.png
"Dodging tits like a mf" to get to the story and gay content. It really paints a hilarious mental picture though, a gay male champ literally running through the whole game like he's storming Normandy on D-Day, trying not to be blown apart or shot to pieces by giant tits or futa dick on his search for normal, hot men he can fuck.

It is a little sad to think that's the state the game is in for purely gay men, though. Especially those who don't want feminine males. Though I also can't really say it'd be any easier for me to handle that either. I thought about having to write masculine gay content recently just due to seeing it in demand here and realized I probably couldn't do it well. Despite being a bit bi, I only like feminine males. I couldn't convincingly write someone being attracted to a big, burly dude because I don't know how that feels.

Anywho, even though most of the stuff people post over on steam is insane, there are some people who genuinely try to make their feelings known like mostly mentally healthy adults. Might be worth popping in over there from time to time and sharing some info is all I'm saying.

And someone get this hilarious dude a hot guy he can fuck that doesn't fuck him! lmao

Last edited:

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
The myth that there's no dudes in the game has been countered so many times at this point. There are a fairly sizeable number of men, a significant amount more than there are women with dicks.

Reactions: Aurastrasza

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Hmm... Hmmmm... I'm going to do something I'd normally never considering doing, but since I found what might be the only piece of feedback on the most recent steam update that's not sociopathic or sycophantic, I'd like to share it in light of other recent gripes. Though it's not just due to relevance but also whoever this dude is, he's hilarious.

View attachment 28764
"Dodging tits like a mf" to get to the story and gay content. It really paints a hilarious mental picture though, a gay male champ literally running through the whole game like he's storming Normandy on D-Day, trying not to be blown apart or shot to pieces by giant tits or futa dick on his search for normal, hot men he can fuck.

It is a little sad to think that's the state the game is in for purely gay men, though. Especially those who don't want feminine males. Though I also can't really say it'd be any easier for me to handle that either. I thought about having to write masculine gay content recently just due to seeing it in demand here and realized I probably couldn't do it well. Despite being a bit bi, I only like feminine males. I couldn't convincingly write someone being attracted to a big, burly dude because I don't know how that feels.

Anywho, even though most of the stuff people post over on steam is insane, there are some people who genuinely try to make their feelings known like mostly mentally healthy adults. Might be worth popping in over there from time to time and sharing some info is all I'm saying.

And someone get this hilarious dude a hot guy he can fuck that doesn't fuck him! lmao
Male content is on back burner. Mostly because the game is not aimed at people that exclusive like man -- Ala gay man and straight woman. They are seen more as a bonus content for those that just happen to be into both sexes. Which is why I am surprised that there are players of those groups engaging with this community.

It honestly feels like half of their interest isof gay community is being kept by Brint and his wide back, with slight hope from guys that Garrett will figure out one of these days that he is also it into boy butt.

The myth that there's no dudes in the game has been countered so many times at this point. There are a fairly sizeable number of men, a significant amount more than there are women with dicks.
Why are you distinguishing between girls with and without dicks?

Reactions: Emerald

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Why? They are women that just happen to have dicks. They are characters with female pronouns. They are female content. Sure, not everyone that is into women will be into willies, but that is just preferences at the end of the day.
Because if we start making segregations for all the preferences, in game both Cboys and Traps(femboys) are counted as separate branches of male content. And people seem to generally agree (not me) that they are not something that fits neetly into male box. Should we start counting them separately then?

Because if we do, than we only have one, out of the box, guy that has pussy instead of a dick. Which is much more of a disparity than one we can find between dickgirls/futa and men as a whole. And the one between femboys and Dickgirls also is not much better.

What I am getting at is: you are comparing subsect of female content to entirety of male one. Which is not a fair comparison in my opinion.

Edit: Also, I feel like that just looking at the list of fuckable guys does not give you a full picture of how lacking in guys we actually are. Wide as a lake, shallow as a puddle as it were. So even on that front her comparison is lacking since numbers do not tell the whole story.

Edit: And even then, I do not see how Arch saying that the game is lacking in dickgirls/males somehow invalidates someone else's observation that there is not that much there in terms of fuckable guys. Two different groups of people could be starving at same time. That does not mean that the other has a right to tell other that, since they are not also not getting fed, they should just be happy with what they got.

I see no logic there.

Last edited:

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
Male content is on back burner. Mostly because the game is not aimed at people that exclusive like man -- Ala gay man and straight woman. They are seen more as a bonus content for those that just happen to be into both sexes. Which is why I am surprised that there are players of those groups engaging with this community.

It honestly feels like half of their interest isof gay community is being kept by Brint and his wide back, with slight hope from guys that Garrett will figure out one of these days that he is also it into boy butt.

Because the fucking post I'm replying to distinguishes. Wtf.

The post I'm replying to complains about how many women with dicks there are, and about how few men there are. There are however significantly more men than there are women with dicks in this game. And that's a thing people bitch about constantly, which has been proven untrue time and again.

cloer

Jun 3, 2018
Honestly, I haven't read most of the posts in before, the walls of text, they make my eyes glaze over.

Just latched onto the one thing that struck out to me. So, out of context, yes, "girls" and "girls with dicks" is a distinction worth mentioning, same as "boy" and "boy with a vagina"

For clarity's sake.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
I believe it was just to make a point. The review from steam mentions specifically that the user thinks there are more futa women in the game than there are men. Arch wasn't drawing a line between futa women and non-futa women they were just making a point that the person who posted that steam review was wrong in their assumption.

At least that's how I personally interpreted it.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
It sounded to me that he threw dickgirls/futa together with women as whole. It seemed so insignificant to me compared to his wider point that we are lacking in men.

Edit: Still, I also find it funny how a lot people seem to latch on that "the game has to many dickgirls". Still not sure what is that all about.

Last edited:

arch99

Dec 24, 2019
Jesus fucking christ Animalistic smoke some weed please. For all of our sakes. You come out here every day trying to pick a fight with 200 people at the same time, every single day. Do something else.

• Haha
Reactions: wolfraider13

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
Yes, but they threw it together with women as whole. There was no apperent separation there that said "there are to many dickgirls", but that there are to little men.
Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 10-07-37 Your gripes with CoC II.png

I believe the person who posted the review did in fact separate the two seeing as though they list "amazonian women" and "dickgirls" as two separate entities.

Not trying to argue or anything just trying to diffuse a potential misunderstanding.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Yeah, but that feels like a such small part of his comment for people to latch on to. Since he also mentioned Amazonian women, large hips and breast. I do not know, seems silly to focus on that. But I guess if you feel like people bring to often that there are to many dickgirls, you would be feeling defensive.
Same way how I feel defensive about guys.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
I believe that was a common problem all the way back to the original CoC wasn't it? Folks complaining about too much furry futa femdom lol

My first thought whenever I see someone complaining about a lack of certain content in the game is "So why don't you go make it yourself?" I understand it doesn't have the same appeal as playing through something written by somebody else but still. Be the change you want to see in the world!

redlightnin55

Dec 21, 2022
Given the language this person used, I think it's more about wanting more non-combat exclusive males to fuck that don't have horse wangs.

It also literally starts with "I hope there's more added" and not "there is none." Knee-jerk reactions aren't generally helpful in conversations like this. It seems like you only read the first sentence or only committed that part to mind and overreacted.
I understand perfectly why it's not the primary focus of the game. By focusing on bisexuality you can potentially net parts of three crowds instead of two. That part's as simple as adding 1+1.

But this particular piece of feedback also does two things:
1: Singles out horse dick-based npcs, which is a sizeable amount of currently repeatable male interactions.
2: Specifies that they'd like more guys to fuck that don't just fuck them.

Both of which seem like valid points of feedback to me. After all, bi men also want to fuck men and not just be fucked by them, and not everyone likes horse dick.

---

Anywho for those who already addressed this to me and those who would do so in the future, please keep in mind those in the screenshot are not my opinions. I simply shared it.

Jesus fucking christ Animalistic smoke some weed please. For all of our sakes. You come out here every day trying to pick a fight with 200 people at the same time, every single day. Do something else.
I don't know, you seem just as consistently combative to me, just about different things.

But with that, I'm done. Had no idea how volatile sharing an outside opinion would be! Regardless of which stance you take, all of you need to relax a little. It's okay. We can all disagree and remain civil, without knee-jerk reactions or ad hominem attacks.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
1: Singles out horse dick-based npcs, which is a sizeable amount of currently repeatable male interactions.

Both of which seem like valid points of feedback to me. After all, bi men also want to fuck men and not just be fucked by them, and not everyone likes horse dick.
I can actually hard agree on this point. Speaking as a bi male who prefers to be the more dominant partner I have noticed that there aren't many scenes where you pitch instead of catch. Specifically for non-combat encounters is my focus here, just to be clear. So yeah this little snippet of feedback actually has some validity to it when we break it down like that.

Had no idea how volatile sharing an outside opinion would be! Regardless of which stance you take, all of you need to relax a little. It's okay. We can all disagree and remain civil, without knee-jerk reactions or ad hominem attacks.
Agreed! We're all bunch of degenerate perverts here so lets get along lol

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019

View attachment 28764
--

Well, with that out of the way, I wanted to say something that I was planning to write as a response to that gem,

So here it goes:
YES! Finally another guy brings up how we are lacking in males that are willing (key word willing) to bottom. I have spoken many times about this when it gets brought up (mostly by me) and I will continue to do so since, honestly, it is getting kind of control.
Elyon, Keros, Darius, Quintatilius, Takahiro, upcoming Tetsuyo, and every minotaur that is not Brint or Nikol. Oh sure, there are exceptions (aforementioned Brint, every femboy, Yon and Imad) and, sure that does not seem like a lot. But those are still exceptions and, with how lackling in guys we are to begin with, that is a healthy portion that looks at my pretty boy champ and says "Bottom or nothing".

It makes the game on some level feel unfriendly for gay/bi guys (or anyone that is into topping), and it really hurts game as a whole. I know many people that would be interested in Quin or Elyon if they were just willing to bottom once in a while.

Oh, I agree with your comment and the users comment wholeheartedly -- as can be seen above. He, like me, is a frustated dom that is just hungry for boy butt. And yeah, human dick is best dick. Although I do not mind animalistic shafts (sucked off both Brint and Berwyn to much to deny this), the tried and true is my preferred form of genitalia.

I can actually hard agree on this point. Speaking as a bi male who prefers to be the more dominant partner I have noticed that there aren't many scenes where you pitch instead of catch. Specifically for non-combat encounters is my focus here, just to be clear. So yeah this little snippet of feedback actually has some validity to it when we break it down like that.
Ey, brother, glad to see another guy here that prefers to top. Sometimes it feels like I am surronded by bottoms when interacting with this community.

Attachments

• steamcap.png
    steamcap.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 8

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
It makes the game on some level feel unfriendly for gay/bi guys (or anyone that is into topping), and it really hurts game as a whole. I know many people that would be interested in Quin or Elyon if they were just willing to bottom once in a while.
Personally I don't feel like its unfriendly so much as it is catering to a specific audience. Even in my brief time on the forums I've seen the staff writers state many times that their main focus is to create content that the majority of people will enjoy. Sadly this means that folks like us who are part of the minority get the short end of the stick. But don't get me wrong, that's okay. Just like how certain books are meant for certain audiences CoC2 is a game that is meant more for people who enjoy certain kinks. I also don't expect the writers to be able to create content they're not entirely a fan of themselves, and while I can't claim to know what they're into specifically I think its reasonable to assume that most of them just aren't interested in creating male content.

Also yeah add another person to that list. Everyone being mean to Quin when he's just trying to turn over a new leaf, like damn y'all be nice. I gotta protect my misunderstood bunny boy...

Ey, brother, glad to see another guy here that prefers to top. Sometimes it feels like I am surronded by bottoms when interacting with this community.
I'm sure there are more than a few who'd consider themselves as a switch given the right circumstances. But yeah if the content in the game is anything to judge the community by I'm sure there aren't many of us around.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I wonder what that user thinks about Yonzan, or if they know about Jstar's plans for Tetsuya. Hopefully they enjoy both of those NPCs. :)
Personally I don't feel like its unfriendly so much as it is catering to a specific audience. Even in my brief time on the forums I've seen the staff writers state many times that their main focus is to create content that the majority of people will enjoy. Sadly this means that folks like us who are part of the minority get the short end of the stick. But don't get me wrong, that's okay. Just like how certain books are meant for certain audiences CoC2 is a game that is meant more for people who enjoy certain kinks. I also don't expect the writers to be able to create content they're not entirely a fan of themselves, and while I can't claim to know what they're into specifically I think its reasonable to assume that most of them just aren't interested in creating male content.

Also yeah add another person to that list. Everyone being mean to Quin when he's just trying to turn over a new leaf, like damn y'all be nice. I gotta protect my misunderstood bunny boy...
This is basically correct. Staff writers - who, it's important to note, literally all got their start as community writers writing things that they liked or things that specific people liked and paid them to write - emphasize content that they're into, but when they do create content outside those interests (which they do more often than you'd think), they focus on content that already has a large following. So yeah: while some of the particulars of the Steam user's post aren't empirically correct (the "dickgirls" thing, the supposed difficulty of "dodging" NPCs that you're not into when it's extremely easy to not click the sex button, etc.), the core "I wish there were more stuff in the game for me, and it feels a little bad when so much of the game is For Other People" isn't really something that someone can argue with. But it's also not something that's going to get fixed unless people who are actually passionate about m/m content start writing it or commissioning it.

If someone starts filing well-written m/m stuff, it's got the same chance of getting in as any other good community writing.

And yeah. I wish more people would give Quin a fair shake, too. He's a decent guy.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Personally I don't feel like its unfriendly so much as it is catering to a specific audience.
I mean, yeah, I get that to some extent. But I do not see why a guy bottoming would be such a divergence. I do not know if devs ever made a poll for what people want out of their guys, but I would be personally interested in it.

Just like how certain books are meant for certain audiences CoC2 is a game that is meant more for people who enjoy certain kinks. I also don't expect the writers to be able to create content they're not entirely a fan of themselves, and while I can't claim to know what they're into specifically I think its reasonable to assume that most of them just aren't interested in creating male content.
Yeah, it does feel like most authors are not interested in seing a guy bottom, which is fine. But there is still a part of me that wishes that in the future they would at least try to accomidate to the pitching crowd.

Everyone being mean to Quin when he's just trying to turn over a new leaf, like damn y'all be nice. I gotta protect my misunderstood bunny boy...
Welcome to the club. While I also bully the ever living daylight out of him -- mostly cause he deserves it- I only do it cause I like him.
Jstar's plans for Tetsuya.
He has no bottoming content as far I have seen. And while I trust Jstar that he will get it down the line when he gets returns to Tety, it still stings.

Reactions: Cannibal Cravings

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
If someone starts filing well-written m/m stuff, it's got the same chance of getting in as any other good community writing.
I've been tempted but I'm not sure if my writing abilities are good enough. Also, if we're being totally honest, I'm sorta scared of the parser after taking a peek at the document for it lol

But there is still a part of me that wishes that in the future they would at least try to accomidate to the pitching crowd.
I'm sure eventually more content will be added. Will it ever be on the same level as the amazonian women? Probably not, but I'm sure they won't totally ignore folks like us.

redlightnin55

Dec 21, 2022
I think I've said just about everything useful I can as to the inclusion of more m/m content. I only really bring it up because, while I don't particularly want it for myself, I do want it for others who I know have been a bit neglected for a while now. For perspective, I just checked the steam update notes and can see--unless I missed one--there hasn't been a new, sexable stationary male npc since Yonzan. That was back in May of last year. There were some very minor updates to at least one male character I saw (Nash), but aside from that, nothing for the stationary npcs.

I wonder what that user thinks about Yonzan, or if they know about Jstar's plans for Tetsuya. Hopefully they enjoy both of those NPCs. :)
This I touched upon only briefly in that post with the screenshot, but I'm not entirely sure he does know. He mentions an upcoming character by name, but that happens frequently over there because some salty steam users come here to fortify their salt, then return there to rile stuff up. But that's neither here nor there.

The info or lack thereof is actually what I think might be part of the problem.

While there's a decent amount of male content currently in the pipeline, that info doesn't seem to get to the steam users very well. It might not be the worst idea to actually log info like that when people ask about it here or on discord and start including it in the steam update news feed for the game. When the new updates are brought up each month, it could start including at the bottom something like,

"While we can't promise when this stuff will be finished, this is a list of what's currently in the pipeline and what our community writers are currently working on!"

It would certainly mitigate a good chunk of the anxiety-focused anger that's been building up over there socially. Obviously I don't have the hard metrics, but on average, only about 10% of a game's purchasers on steam leave reviews. I'll be potentially extra generous here for the sake of this and say that for CoC2, 50% of the people who bought it left a review for it. Since there are 1200 reviews, that would mean 2400 sales. I for one bought the game because it entered my feed, had no idea CoC1 was ever a thing, never heard of TiTS, nothing. So I likewise never really knew this forum existed, nor any other method of socializing about it for roughly a year of owning it. Only found out because I eventually got curious to learn more. Trust me, not everyone else is as curious as me. And even after learning of the forum, I didn't join until very recently.

So for all the people like me prior to finding out, you could have literally a thousand players in that example that don't receive info about what's coming. If the normal number was accurate and only 10% of players reviewed it, you'd have potentially over ten thousand people that have no clue what's going on with the direction of the game.

This is why it might be a good idea to share more news with that audience, and also why it may be unfair to say you're doing what the majority of players want when you might only be doing what the majority of players who know to interact with you want. Though again, I do not have hard metrics nor know how each and every one of you use your free time.

Edit: Oh, and the discussions page pinned topic only says "CoC2 Wiki and Bug Reports Forum" which doesn't exactly sell that you can use the forum for other things too.

But when you click on that delightful READ MORE part of the steam store page for this game, riiiiight there at the bottom it says:

steampage.png

So if that isn't being done thoroughly, I'd certainly say it'd be a good idea to. A thousand or ten thousand, that's a lot of people who might not be getting updated and might not be getting their feedback heard. It's a lot of people even when you consider possible overlap between patreon supporters and steam buyers, which may account for 20-40% of the sales.

If you guys can't really afford to be spread more thin, I totally understand that and would be happy to catalogue the more sane feedback I find there since I already browse it frequently anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emerald
And yeah. I wish more people would give Quin a fair shake, too. He's a decent guy
You know, when the mood strikes me I can really be into some of his content. He does have bits and bobs here that seem actually somewhat sweet.

But he's also objectively kind of a shit person since he's using lust magic on people without consent. I know this is a fantasy porn game and all, but when you take off the smut tinted glasses we are all still aware that sexual harassment and rape are bad, right?

The pain of male followers. One is an actual sex offender, the other wants to marry you if you bang once and has a weapon of mass destruction between his legs.

Reactions: Cannibal Cravings

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Putting the rest of my thoughts in a spoiler as an attempt to not word wall.
Speaking of spoilers, discussions on this topic are usually put fully in spoilers because of Convocation of Mirrors.
Almost certainly so, but I feel like much more of the men are faceless generic types, like the centaur raiders or the Crazy Horse (even if it's not the majority), while a greater portion of the dickgirls are more fleshed out or at least have a name.
My first thought whenever I see someone complaining about a lack of certain content in the game is "So why don't you go make it yourself?" I understand it doesn't have the same appeal as playing through something written by somebody else but still. Be the change you want to see in the world!
The answer is that it's super hard (at least to get into). I've been on-and-off working on a singular sex scene, so that I can familiarize myself with the process before writing larger projects like the femboy half-mino half-wolf idea I had which led to me wanting to write, and it feels hard to really describe things and capture the feeling of the dialogue. I can write a thousand word essay in a few hours easy, but man, creative writing feels like something else entirely.

Speaking of which, why is it that [pc.cockInchesOther] doesn't work? The parser documentation says "You can add "Other" to the end of any parser and it will use the not-main cock," but in testing stuff with the parser tester, it doesn't recognize [pc.cockInchesOther] as a viable parser, saying "[66:84] "cockInchesOther" does not exist in "pc"".
I've been tempted but I'm not sure if my writing abilities are good enough. Also, if we're being totally honest, I'm sorta scared of the parser after taking a peek at the document for it lol
Honestly, I feel like reading everything in the parser is a terrible idea, and you should limit yourself to more relevant things when reading it, particularly PC-related stuff.

Cannibal Cravings

Jan 17, 2023
Speaking of spoilers, discussions on this topic are usually put fully in spoilers because of Convocation of Mirrors.
Ah, my apologies. I'm still new around the forums and haven't fully picked up on some things. I'll be sure to keep this in mind in the future.

The answer is that it's super hard (at least to get into). I've been on-and-off working on a singular sex scene, so that I can familiarize myself with the process before writing larger projects like the femboy half-mino half-wolf idea I had which led to me wanting to write, and it feels hard to really describe things and capture the feeling of the dialogue. I can write a thousand word essay in a few hours easy, but man, creative writing feels like something else entirely.
Yeah I get it. Its partially for that same reason I haven't tried submitting any content myself. I'm honestly not confident enough in my abilities to say that I'd be able to write something with the same level of quality that I see from folks like Savin and the rest of the crew. At the same time though I feel like some people are really entitled and will make demands from the writers regardless of their own ability to create content. All that aside though, thanks for working hard on adding more scenes to the game for us to enjoy! No idea about your question with the parser though, like I said I'm a total noob around here.

Reactions: Tide Hunter

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Speaking of which, why is it that [pc.cockInchesOther] doesn't work? The parser documentation says "You can add "Other" to the end of any parser and it will use the not-main cock," but in testing stuff with the parser tester, it doesn't recognize [pc.cockInchesOther] as a viable parser, saying "[66:84] "cockInchesOther" does not exist in "pc"".
It should work, but only if the PC has more than one penis. Otherwise it'll return an error. Did you do a hasCocks or cock12b complex parser around it?

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Wish we could get a sneak peak at the next massive stage ofBriHaus and/or getting Brienne and her mom and sister pregnant together. My libido wants the satisfaction of a cow girl harem.

And yeah. I wish more people would give Quin a fair shake, too. He's a decent guy.
As far as I'm concerned, he's burdened with being a dominant male who only pitches and has only one scene gated behind a marriage sidequest I've heard no progress on. If I could stuff my cock into his tight bunny bum, it would endear him to me greatly, but alas.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
We (mostly Tobs and Drake) do read the Steam forum too.

I don't generally post there myself cuz some reporter was being mega creepy about it when the game launched, but what's posted there does get seen for sure.

You do make a good point about that section of the community potentially not knowing about the actual forums we host. The main menu of the game does have a link directly to Fenoxo.com, but maybe that ought to be changed to something like "Join the Community at [forum link]" or something!

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
It should work, but only if the PC has more than one penis. Otherwise it'll return an error. Did you do a hasCocks or cock12b complex parser around it?
The scene is double-penetration, so it won't be available to single-cocked players, and I specifically loaded up a save for a character with a second cock. The [pc.cockOther] parser worked fine.

redlightnin55

Dec 21, 2022
We (mostly Tobs and Drake) do read the Steam forum too.

I don't generally post there myself cuz some reporter was being mega creepy about it when the game launched, but what's posted there does get seen for sure.

You do make a good point about that section of the community potentially not knowing about the actual forums we host. The main menu of the game does have a link directly to Fenoxo.com, but maybe that ought to be changed to something like "Join the Community at [forum link]" or something!
Yeah, I really don't blame anyone for not going there personally for many reasons. That's the main reason I suggested adding more to the monthly updates because no one is generally directly identified by those. And why I offered to collect feedback myself. lol

As for a message update, I'm glad to see you agree with the general idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.