Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Would be nice if we could skip a few days manually just so I don't have to spam sleep. Even one of those "I'm going to wait for my pregnancy to be over at the inn/nursery" things like in TiTS. Otherwise it feels like it takes forever for pregnancies to advance even when they're made shorter in settings.
Ovilixer can accelerate your pregnancy.
Also, there are some pregnancies that don't affect the scenes with the mother at all, like Elthara. Why does she not want to even TRY something gentler while she's expecting?
El's extant pregnancy content, what with needing to account for Champ, Brint, Domrona, and Quin, is already frightfully complex. I don't think wsan was feeling up to significant variation. You can headcanon something a bit more sedate if you like.

If you want your beloved's baby bump to come up in scenes, Tobs is often very happy to take that into account. Of course, he's sometimes also liable to refer to her "baby bag", so you accept a certain amount of risk here...

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
I would say a gripe of mine is an extension of a facet which I love; which comes with the amazing costumization. It is inconsistent when acknowledging features of your character, like I made my character huge in stature but a lot of content reads like you are much smaller and delicate no matter your size.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
'manders are definitely not what this guy's looking for if the wyvern isn't doing it. They're even more human than she is :p
I get that 'manders are kemonomimi scalies, but logically Tychris is the most likely location for other, less human looking human lizard races to pop up as well as well represented minority population. Unless the coastal region has some amphibian scaly goodness lurking on its beaches.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I would say a gripe of mine is an extension of a facet which I love; which comes with the amazing costumization. It is inconsistent when acknowledging features of your character, like I made my character huge in stature but a lot of content reads like you are much smaller and delicate no matter your size.
Because fuck making that many parsers for the sizes.

Reactions: retsamenustik

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There is a selection of parsers reflecting your height ([char.isHeight] and [char.heightRange]) and there are others for Thickness and Tone so it's not that the parsers don't exist but that using them in every scene where they might hypothetically be relevant would be a whole lot of work.

Last edited:

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Because fuck making that many parsers for the sizes.
I understand considering size can vary by the inch, but even ballpark ranges (small, average, large, extra large) can significantly improve immersive cohesion.

But yeah I can see it being a lot of effort and I have noted the times where the narrative does mention my size.

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Ovilixer can accelerate your pregnancy.
Oh I'm generally not pregnant. I impregnate NPCs.
El's extant pregnancy content, what with needing to account for Champ, Brint, Domrona, and Quin, is already frightfully complex. I don't think wsan was feeling up to significant variation. You can headcanon something a bit more sedate if you like.
I guess not. Still, I at least have Kiyoko.
If you want your beloved's baby bump to come up in scenes, Tobs is often very happy to take that into account. Of course, he's sometimes also liable to refer to her "baby bag", so you accept a certain amount of risk here...
Yeah "baby bag" really makes me shake my head every time I see it, but IMO is a small price to pay for such a lovely mother and wife.

SwordBlaster

Nov 27, 2021
I think my only legitimate, major gripe with CoC II is the lack of anthro species/races. It's not a deal breaker, there's lots of game coming so who knows what we'll get, but I'm a sucker for the more beastial/less human races and it makes me sad. I can't recall if fan-written TF stuff is allowed (within reason), if it is one day I might have to get off my lazy ass and try and write something, haha.

I do have one really nitpicky thing, and I know it's petty and kind of dumb but sometimes I really wish stackable items didn't cap out at 9 items per stack. It doesn't really bother me in reality, just seems off to me when I think about it.

Squirrelwagon

Jun 15, 2016
I can't recall if fan-written TF stuff is allowed (within reason), if it is one day I might have to get off my lazy ass and try and write something, haha.
Contributors are absolutely allowed to write TFs! Whether they'll get in the game or not is another question entirely, mostly having to do with writing quality, if it fits the limits the Champ's allowed (so has to be bipedal, has to have two arms, that kind of thing), and otherwise fits the tone of the setting.

Otherwise, a good chunk of the game's current TFs were all made by contributors, so if you're really up for tearing your hair out writing a transformative, check the wiki for what's already in-game and then pick something to write!

Reactions: Burnerbro

JBento

Oct 30, 2021
I can see it now, a pc who somehow managed to become as small as a thumbtack and Kohaku becomes even smaller using her overwhelming power.
This is because Kohi is an angel*, and as we all know angels can dance on the head of pins.

Namely an angel of commerce*, in that she somehow manages to get you the best deals possible and STILL turn a profit in every transaction.

**This is why she's the colour of gold.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I do know you get a small discount as a foxen champ, not much to matter but its there. Ambra still gonna get you for every fucking electrum your worth.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
The introduction to Khorminos? I do not know, the way Brint/Brienne acted like it was a big deal seemed funny to me and out of place. Especially Brint who was way full of himself for an area that contains:
2 blowjob set pieces, 3 adventures that fuck off, a caravan and a Village consisting of his family? Maybe those boisterous claims should have been saved for a latter area?

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
The introduction to Khorminos? I do not know, the way Brint/Brienne acted like it was a big deal seemed funny to me and out of place. Especially Brint who was way full of himself for an area that contains:
2 blowjob set pieces, 3 adventures that fuck off, a caravan and a Village consisting of his family? Maybe those boisterous claims should have been saved for a latter area?
This area of the game is still heavily under construction.

kiby

Aug 26, 2015
This area of the game is still heavily under construction.
Also this is just the outskirts of the city. This is essentially the farmland supplying the city proper, which we have only recently been able to get into at all (the milking barn, the bakery, and inn are in the city itself). The fact that there is a huge city, with a properly protected farmland/suburban area surrounding it (which all have indoor plumbing), puts it head and shoulders above Hawkethorne and at least even with the Winter City.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Isnt there like 36 slots in the fucking city proper, with gods know how many that are going to be filled with stuff.

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
The champion speaking sometimes confuses me, like some scenes I have to read how the other character responds to actually translate what the champion said as opposed to what was a narrative description. I prefer when the champion has quotations and speaks plainly and leave the second person perspective to the narration and not what is meant for the dialogue.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Eh thats up to the writers, they tend to make it clear when the champ is talking via use of I/myself/etc.

Grainy

Nov 25, 2021
Eh thats up to the writers, they tend to make it clear when the champ is talking via use of I/myself/etc.
I am talking about the scenes where they use "You" without quotations even when it is meant as dialogue for the champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.