Your gripes with CoC II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
It is indeed difficult to lift big things as a small person.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
On some of my playthroughs I can overpower Brienne and all my PCs are short. I don't think it has anything to do with height.

Lotus

May 8, 2021
North
Tease combat feels really dumb whenever I have to use it and just feels like its here because CoC1 had it. Hope the next game drops it.
I kind of agree. Teasing and seduction should really come before, or instead of combat. Spells that induce arousal I can understand, sort of, having an application in the battle. Sort of. But I keep thinking to my first encounter with the foxes when I more or less waltzed through their corridors flashing my party's tits and dicks to the defenders until they let me march all the way up to their sacred shrine. That was weird.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I kinda miss Atugia's recharge skill #2 being a damaging attack. Like, it also provided defensive stuff, but it gave a little bit of damage (not even enough to outpower her basic attack, I think) which made it feel a bit more worth using in regular encounters. Her current S2 is useful for the style she's intended, since it allows for the squishier dps who generates threat by nuking enemies to not just die instantly, but also you could just not nuke everything if the foes aren't squishy enough to actually fall that fast first turn and let the tank generate threat like normal. And it feels kind of weird in function, since it says something about redirecting damage to Atugia while the shield is still up, but like... why? Having used it, I can see that it makes it so that damage that your allies would have taken gets redirected to Atugia, and that's damage dealt to their temporary hp. Against resolve damage it is literally worthless, so foes like the Harpies and Wyvern girl basically just make Ancestor's Judgement useless in their fights, and against physical foes, either you can just sweep them aside in one turn with a strong team and other companions, or they're dangerous enough that using enemies focusing all of their damage into one target will knock them out. The ability has several strong aspects, given the temp hp, increased resistances, impacting everyone on your team (aside from her, the tank, y'know, the one who should be getting resistances and temp hp if she's doing her job), and low cooldown, but it seems pretty much designed around a player not using her Guarded Stance and not engaging in threat management. It's basically just built around ignoring threat and having a pseudo-taunt instead. You're either ignoring a major aspect of combat or you have no reason to use the ability.

Also, the name is kinda weird. For something called "Ancestor's Judgement," well, judgement as an ability often tends to be like dropping a gavel on a foe, not protecting an ally. Like, the ability as it is now would be better served as being titled "Ancestral Aegis," but that name belongs to Atugia's encounter power when you first fight her, and it's a vastly different ability.

Ah, and on the current version: It makes foes who do aoe attacks incredibly dangerous. Maitha has a Fireball, and it just does, like, 40-50 damage, but because the shield is up on everyone Atugia just takes 250 damage and get's instakilled.

coldmonkey

May 11, 2016
Oh, here's a mechanical one: When you click "Powers" mid-battle and all the powers you want to use are on cooldown, and you have to press "Back" to get back to the main combat menu. As every well-balanced individual can attest, that is infuriating. So my suggestion is: add extra "Attack," "Defend" and "Tease" buttons on the "Powers" page as well. Save me a hundred "Back" presses for every long gameplay session. That or some kind of notification that this and that power have recharged at the end of every combat report page.

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
waltzed through their corridors flashing my party's tits and dicks to the defenders until they let me march all the way up to their sacred shrine.

Is that not how I'm supposed to fight people? No wonder my therapist keeps groaning and pinching the bridge of her nose. And why I got arrested for self defense.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
How the game sees the ninja outfit for females:
Kurako_clothed.png

How I see the female ninja outfit:

Attachments

• 80502f3e9b65c4339354e67d35b400ef.jpg
    80502f3e9b65c4339354e67d35b400ef.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Gooch

Lotus

May 8, 2021
North

What's the difference?
The art for this game is great but one design gripe I have that is present for a lot of characters is having cat/fox/dog ears jut out from the top of the head instead of being where the would be on a human skull.
For example, I'd much rather have the ears be like the folks on the right instead of the ones on the left.
View attachment 17170
This is mostly just personal taste, but having them on the top has lead to some headscratchers like how Farrah's headband clips right thru her ears or how Kazuo's glasses are somehow being held underneath his ears.
Yeah, I agree. But I don't think about it most of the time.

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I only just realised this but most if not all the images in CoC2 are of a Male human PC which is disappointing as my PCs are mostly Herm. I can understand that it would take way to long to account for all types of PCs but surely you could do images for a Herm human PC for those that have no interest in the Male ones.

Reactions: Animalistic

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Kurako_clothed.png

Huh, so I never really noticed before (on account of the in-game busts usually being from the waist up); but Kura wanders the Frostwood essentially barefoot?

Dem toes definitely be cold.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
Huh, so I never really noticed before (on account of the in-game busts usually being from the waist up); but Kura wanders the Frostwood essentially barefoot?

Dem toes definitely be cold.
Basically.

But you can click/tap the busts and view the full art - then click/tap again to close it. All it does it scroll the current scene back to the top.

Reactions: Undecided

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Basically.

But you can click/tap the busts and view the full art - then click/tap again to close it. All it does it scroll the current scene back to the top.
Ah yeah I knew about this, thanks. I usually just don't bother to do so in-game and just look at the full pictures in the games resources folder ("resources\app\resources\bitmaps\fulls"). Been a bit since I actually checked it out though, hence the Kura realization.

All it does it scroll the current scene back to the top.
Sounds like a bug tbh, and it is something I have experienced before; which is why I tend not to do so in-game anymore.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
I only just realised this but most if not all the images in CoC2 are of a Male human PC which is disappointing as my PCs are mostly Herm. I can understand that it would take way to long to account for all types of PCs but surely you could do images for a Herm human PC for those that have no interest in the Male ones.
There aren't many in-game CGs that show the Champion, and that's by design. Of those that do, here's the tally:

1. The Brienne missionary CG depicts a light-skinned humanoid belly, penis, and thighs. The Champion possesses no body hair in this image. It's not much of a leap to imagine this character as either masculine or feminine.

2. The Infrith/Hretha CG depicts a light-skinned human character with long brown hair, breasts and a penis. This is the only CG Champion that has a face, and they are both busty and hung.

3. The Viviane blowjob CG depicts a disembodied human penis.

4. and 5. The two CGs that come closest to depicting a character that is unquestionably masculine are the Kiyoko/Miko pregnant CG and the Lusamine tree sex CG. Even here, there's some ambiguity; again, the character has no body hair, and while being muscular (very muscular in the Kiyoko/Miko art) their body type isn't too far away from the way that, say, Moira has drawn Arona, mutatis mutandis.

No other in-game art depicts the Champion at all. Out of five images, none is unequivocally masculine; two come kind of close, but two others don't, and one is unequivocally not masculine.

And honestly, that tracks. A few of the writing team members - which does much of the work of organizing commissions for in-game art - play as women with penises. Others, obviously, play male characters. I think it's a pretty even split, and that I'm the only person who currently submits significant amounts of written content who doesn't play characters with donguses at all.

With all that said, I understand that it doesn't feel like much of the CG Champion insert art is particularly feminine, but I think that most of what exists is at least reasonably ambiguous.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
I've been thirsting for mallach ever since I saw BK draw him and now when I hear that we get a dream of him in-game it's unfortunately one-time-and-never-again.

Once again like I've mentioned in another thread regarding managing to get the very thing I've been waiting for only to still be disappointed by it, cruel irony... :(

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
Will certainly be dropping Lust/Resolve at least lmao.

I mean it's a nice idea that some enemies are good at fighting yet weak willed enough to fall for it... but it just doesn't mesh well with a team since you need to build your team around lust damage if you want to use it. Splitting damage types just makes the fight longer.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
I mean it's a nice idea that some enemies are good at fighting yet weak willed enough to fall for it... but it just doesn't mesh well with a team since you need to build your team around lust damage if you want to use it. Splitting damage types just makes the fight longer.
Aye. Resolve damage just never felt like it fit in this game, particularly due to how long it took for proper resolve companions to be added and how you can start with two health-damage companions, and one split-damage companion who does better at hp-damage, but you need to go through a questline to get Quin, a questline to get Cait's Dancer set, and a questline (technically two) for Bimbazy.

Additionally, resolve scaling was only added because resolve damage was becoming brokenly powerful, but it's still not much more than the baseline 100, so you have two scales where either resolve damage doesn't become stronger despite everything else becoming stronger as you level up, or resolve damage does scale to a point where it's broken. As far as I can tell, it's primarily the former, excepting crits.

YEsManKablaam

Sep 2, 2015
This is just me grumbling after doing part of the Gweyr quest but it feels like tease damage is unbalanced on both sides. I can gear up for it and basically bypass most enemies defenses entirely or in the case of trying to cause a distraction go in turn one and see both of my companions hit 0 resolve on turn 1 and revive only gives back 25 resolve and only has 1 use obviously.

This is part of why I ended up stopping playing TiTs over time since it feels like you're playing a different game with tease damage in a weird way. It's still early on and you could rationalize it in a story way since the whole thing wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't undermining warriors somehow but there isn't a whooole lot really to effectively combat high tease damage and that's a bummer just for gameplay. effectively I want to emphasize since there are items and skills to do it and you know what I'm not the best so I'm probably missing something here or there too but like...god damn man just walk in a fight and rng happening to throw 2 temptresses at me (3 one time) it's just a loss 80% of the time it seems like. I even went over to the winter city real quick to see if maxing willpower for the team does much...and not really it seems?

Part of it is Rift being at the cap at the moment so I get that too. So don't mind me I'm just griping after some rng annoyances. It's not the end of the world but sometimes you have to vent some frustrations.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
New (severely minor) gripe:

Trying to make a knock-off satyr and the game labels her as a centaur - I know that taurs aren't ever gonna be in because four legs, but/so what point is calling someone a taur that isn't a taur in? Wouldn't something with hooves and two legs be some sort of satyr?

This has been my TED Talk, thanks for listening.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Part of it is Rift being at the cap at the moment so I get that too. So don't mind me I'm just griping after some rng annoyances. It's not the end of the world but sometimes you have to vent some frustrations.
that's what this thread is for isn't it? but yeah the resolve system just isn't balanced well atm. in TiTS and CoC1 lust damage taken was proportional to libido and damage dealt was based on tease skill. it was a simple but effective system and it wasn't hard to mitigate damage by just keeping your libido low. this new combat system they've created is a lot more complex by comparison and is going to take some time for them to balance properly.

SH60

Jun 8, 2021
Building for resolve damage feels like its more trouble than its worth compared to building for health damage. And the main I can find is the skills don't feel as good but maybe thats because my resolve champion is still in the early game but not having a good at-will power for resolve hurts.

Stupid_Goo

Apr 10, 2021
And the main I can find is the skills don't feel as good but maybe thats because my resolve champion is still in the early game but not having a good at-will power for resolve hurts.
Yeah, Bolstering Dance for Charmer is a start; Zo teaches you a better, but only affects you, resolve-healing at-will and Oliban Oils only work so much. On the bright side, Resolve is a double-edged sword for both sides of the fight...

I've been having real issues deciding what kind of PC to have, and it bugs me because the ones I actually wanna make won't happen until late- to endgame because dragons & stuff, or aren't properly in yet; the ones I can't get used to are readily available but aren't quite my cup of tea, and being a stereotypical catthief or cowtease is boring for me.
I'll sit here contemplating spending some hours on what kind of TF I'll ever bother making, if I ever learn how to parse and actually stick to a theme.

SH60

Jun 8, 2021
On the bright side, Resolve is a double-edged sword for both sides of the fight...
True but the problem is that health damage builds can do far better with less time put into them than a resolve damage build.

I've been having real issues deciding what kind of PC to have, and it bugs me because the ones I actually wanna make won't happen until late- to endgame because dragons & stuff, or aren't properly in yet; the ones I can't get used to are readily available but aren't quite my cup of tea, and being a stereotypical catthief or cowtease is boring for me.
I have the same problem when trying to build a warrior and its because there's no easy way to heal resolve damage early game if you don't have Bolstering Dance.

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Building for resolve damage feels like its more trouble than its worth compared to building for health damage. And the main I can find is the skills don't feel as good but maybe thats because my resolve champion is still in the early game but not having a good at-will power for resolve hurts.
I have the same problem building mage characters. it feels like the best way to do it is to start out as a thief and then respec into charmer or mage after you've acquired the skills and stats but I understand that's not a great solution when you're roleplaying.

(whoa when did I become well known)

Status
Not open for further replies.