XXX-mas Contest Discussion Thread

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017
Wait, if @wallpaper 's quote is real, are we just gonna let fly casual homophobia just because @Artemis118 edited it out? I'm not coming here to be called a sex-crazed lunatic for liking having sex with both women and men...

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017
I think if he edited it out, we can just forget about it.

No need to burn Artemis at the stake.

I kind of don't want to, because they are completely unapologetic about calling gay people lunatics who only care about having sex with whoever is willing and are incapable of romance (because that's what behind these few sentences), they just replace this little bit of hate an ignorance with a "There was something here, I deleted it." It's even more inappropriate considering it's a contest about Christmas.

Anyway, I paged the mods, we will see what they say.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
Wow I love Dolphi's picture it looks cool.

Mistakes were made, if he took it back I don't think it's a problem, some people realize stuff too late. If he does it again than I think there's a problem because that's rude and discrimination. Some times I think people go too far to protect themselves before talking to the person of question.

Reactions: Dolphi

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
They made an edit to remove the content, and I think that's totally suitable. No need to take further action. Write what you wanna write and let others do their own hard work, right?

Reactions: Kesil and Dolphi

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017
I'm sorry but for me it isn't an "honest mistake" like saying "that's gay" to say something sucks, that's a full paragraph calling gay people
  1. lunatics,
  2. uncaring with whom they have sex as long as they have sex
  3. not able to have a romantic relationship
That's the kind of stereotypes gay people have to face every day and if you give casual homophobes one free pass, that's still allowing way too much hate toward them. Also, they haven't apologized, only deleted the incriminating lines when called out.

But in the end it doesn't matter what I, or you think is an appropriate response, only the mod team can. Like I said, I reported them, so let's see what's decided.

Reactions: partnerintime

Dolphi

Dec 12, 2017
I have read the quote and pardon me if im mistaken, but i feel the quote is more "Not everyone is sexable since i'd rather not have everyone in my story be sex crazed" than "Gays and bis are insatiable and cannot form relationships"

I dont think this is considered de-railing a thread, but i think this is one way to get it locked so we should probably not do this.

Reactions: ribbons

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017
Congratulations to the winners! I'll finally be able to stop checking the front page every five minutes for the results to go down :p

I'm just wondering if I should polish my idea or if it's a waste of time. I cut out another encounter, one sex scene, a codex entry, one masturbatory item and one ride of a special milker... A lot of work I could spend elsewhere if there's 0 chance to get approved in the end.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
Hrmmm.... I keep getting terrible scores. The first time was my fault for bad grammar and spacing. I fixed that problem with the second one but I don't know what they mean by technical complications put them off. I'm not complaining I just like this stuff and want to get better, can anyone explain why I suck.

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
Congrats to the winners! That was a fun challenge.

Annick, it might be worth putting this challenge on the backburner to practice some one-off scenes, then refine the original entry for next year? If nothing else you'll have a chance to re-read and refine.

Dragonice, I'm not in a place where I can read entries, but if you're having technical issues, you might want to try going for a simpler scene? Usually technical issues come from trying to get too complex, either with too many characters or ideas or options.

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017

Annick, it might be worth putting this challenge on the backburner to practice some one-off scenes, then refine the original entry for next year? If nothing else you'll have a chance to re-read and refine.

Dragonice, I'm not in a place where I can read entries, but if you're having technical issues, you might want to try going for a simpler scene? Usually technical issues come from trying to get too complex, either with too many characters or ideas or options.

I asked fenoxo in the comments, we will see what he says, but I'll probably do that.

Right now I'm working to adapt previous blowjob scene to make them compliant with a possible mouthgina SSTD. It's good practive work and I think it would actually make the submission way more likely to be accepted. Stub content is a big problem so coming with something new that works with what is already in the game should really increases the chances.

I also have the perfect idea for Easter! No complex encounters with fight scenes and loss/win variations, just 5 scenes 100% pure lewd that exploit niche European Easter folklore that has yet to be explored in TiTS (pm me if you want to see the overview page ;) ). I might just need to pm Savin about some technicality.

Reactions: wallpaper

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017

Thanks perhaps I should stick to short ideas until I can understand what I'm actually doing, because honestly I'm doing what I think I shouldn't.

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
I hope you guys both get to the root of what makes cool new scenes! It sounds like you're both putting a tonne of effort in.

Reactions: Annick Nijm

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017
I hope you guys both get to the root of what makes cool new scenes! It sounds like you're both putting a tonne of effort in.

well, I think my big issue what that I had to cut down my idea to bare minimum to fit the time limit. I wrote 30 pages in 2 weeks, with a full time job and 1 weekend spend with the gf.

If you have time to give an in depth review of my submission I would love that thought :). Adjatha gave me a 10 in technical but Fenoxo only a 7, so I'm not sure where to stand.

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
Hah, I had the opposite reaction from the judges! With our powers combined...

But yeah, when I'm home from traveling I'll give it a peek. I'm not into the technical side of things but maybe a pair of fresh eyes could help?

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017
Hah, I had the opposite reaction from the judges! With our powers combined...

But yeah, when I'm home from traveling I'll give it a peek. I'm not into the technical side of things but maybe a pair of fresh eyes could help?

Sure! Thanks already :)
Have a safe and fun travel!