XXX-mas Contest Discussion Thread

Voldine

Nov 30, 2017
If what you're thinking of is "I'm going to make Steele's breasts be something unique, and I want every NPC to notice that they are odd" then that is probably an unfeasible thing to do. For one, the amount of NPCs already in the game that in one way or another deal with Steeles breasts is *huge*, so it'd be a lot of work for very little gain to write stuff for each of them... But you also have the problem of it being completely unsustainable in the future, because you'd need to write scenes for future NPCs too.

In other words, not just too much work for me on this contest to try that, but also too much work on the back-end of things trying to figure out how to inject a reaction to an SSTD into a pre-existing scene, and possibly too much work to even try tacking on a mention at the end.

Evandill

Sep 27, 2015
My current ideas are: a weird custom input for V-KO that does... something festive, a holiday patch that accesses some festively sexual behavior from her for example, though specifics I'm blanking on however; or a new bar assistant (on a bar somewhere, probably tarkus) wanting to make eggnog, but needs some help boosting her productivity to make the whole batch.

I really wanna do something with V-KO because I find the custom inputs rife with possibilities. Maybe bloating up to MILF-y proportions and giving some milk, and cookies... leading to fuckin' of course. Also it's funny that it's just now that I come up with that idea.

Reactions: Xeivous and Zavos

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
In other words, not just too much work for me on this contest to try that, but also too much work on the back-end of things trying to figure out how to inject a reaction to an SSTD into a pre-existing scene, and possibly too much work to even try tacking on a mention at the end.

It probably would not be difficult to do it, technically speaking.... But it would be a lot of mindless, really boring work, that nobody would want to do

(Disclaimer; I have not actually looked at the codebase, so I don't know for sure how difficult it'd be, but unless the code is some kind of unholy spaghetti mess, it can't be that hard)

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Doing it for a single scene is ezpz, will take you a minute.

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
Out of curiosity, how would writing a holiday-themed scene for a less widely used NPC be taken?
Is this a no-go because the NPC's creators have dibs? Is it kosher to attempt a new self contained scene for that NPC, providing a new writer does their best to keep that NPC in character?

Apologies if this is a dumb question! I'm still getting myself up to speed, but I like the idea of adding further content to an existing narrative thread if possible, without mucking up any more serious or on-going narrative arcs. I'm thinking more like the kind of vignettes you might find in something like Mass Effect email correspondence or follow-up interactions, but more appropriate for a sex game!

Silens Phoenix

Nov 24, 2017
Out of curiosity, how would writing a holiday-themed scene for a less widely used NPC be taken?
Is this a no-go because the NPC's creators have dibs? Is it kosher to attempt a new self contained scene for that NPC, providing a new writer does their best to keep that NPC in character?

Apologies if this is a dumb question! I'm still getting myself up to speed, but I like the idea of adding further content to an existing narrative thread if possible, without mucking up any more serious or on-going narrative arcs. I'm thinking more like the kind of vignettes you might find in something like Mass Effect email correspondence or follow-up interactions, but more appropriate for a sex game!
IIRC, it's okay to write for other characters, but you should definitely try to contact their creator well before submitting, preferably before you're a couple thousand words sunk into the scene. They might not like the idea or might have something similar planned already.

I'm not sure, hopefully some of the established members of the community answer you.

Spacestalin

Oct 21, 2017
I hadn't thought of asking, but yeah, that is a really important question.

Would it be acceptable to develop Cameron, or even Reaha further?

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
IIRC, it's okay to write for other characters, but you should definitely try to contact their creator well before submitting, preferably before you're a couple thousand words sunk into the scene. They might not like the idea or might have something similar planned already.

I'm not sure, hopefully some of the established members of the community answer you.

Thanks for the heads-up, Silens! I've thrown a PM to the folks.

Good luck to everyone who's got some shit started! I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
I hadn't thought of asking, but yeah, that is a really important question.

Would it be acceptable to develop Cameron, or even Reaha further?
Yes but the character's original writer (Fen/Savin i believe) have veto power so clear stuff with them first.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
Am making just the beginning scene of my work start with Anno and keade giving you a present and they leave, Is that okey? I wanted to ask because I should ask when using someone else's characters.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Am making just the beginning scene of my work start with Anno and keade giving you a present and they leave, Is that okey? I wanted to ask because I should ask when using someone else's characters.
You gotta ask Savin, them pups are his.

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017
Is it OK to already submit a Google Drive link and continue to work on the entry between now and the 15th? I'm pretty sure I'll have to work on mine until the last minute, but RL stuff and timezones might play against me. I'm 20 pages deep, most likely 5 more to go, and I would hate to see all this goes to waste because of a missed deadline.

Kirorororo

Oct 6, 2017
Pretty much everyone posted them submissions before they were complete in the last contest.

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017
@Kirorororo OK Thanks! I'll post the link right away. On a side note, it's my first participation and I have no idea if my content is properly formatted or if I'm not missing key elements in my structure, so I'm open to constructive comments! Just no remark about the event structure or scene flow because I already had to cut down on my initial idea (another encounter + make the Candy Maker ridable) and, being a perfectionist, it's already stressing me out. I think completing the current planning is doable as long as I don't start to question everything I've already worked on.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z_TR0Uxcfo2P-l1lMTT6t1DwIRZxJcaqTSW1B2-39GY/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Just realized there was another post to ask for advice. Sorry! Spent 3:30h writing after work today, brain is not happy.

Last edited:

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
Got permission to use the pups from Sivan and am almost done hopefully I can get it done by tomorrow, hopefully.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Got permission to use the pups from Sivan and am almost done hopefully I can get it done by tomorrow, hopefully.

I was so confused for a moment there wondering who this Sivan person was, since I didn't remember anyone by that name making any Puppy characters, then I remembered you were looking for permission for Savin's characters. :oops:

Dragonspiderkitsune

Sep 27, 2016
www.pixiv.net
See that’s the easiest part. Just give them barcode tattoos that contain their information and set up the codex to scan and relay the info to you.

“Hey! Ausar Pup #342, how are you doing, kiddo? How’s your mommy doing? Did you eat all your homewor—Damnit Codex....oh wait, it says here you’re teething, so I guess chewing homework helps then. Take care kiddo.”

Considering that Steele probably also has one from the sub-turner training, I think barcode tattoos can be a pretty good family tradition to pass down.

AgentNeoSpy

Dec 14, 2017
Hey quick question. Is there an exact time on the 15th that we need to submit by, or will it be like a midnight on the 15th kind of deal?

Annick Nijm

Dec 11, 2017
OK, entry done! I think there are a lot of grammar mistakes and weird sentences in the sex scenes after the Synter's encounter, but I just can't look at the doc again anymore. 30 pages in less than 2 weeks, while balancing with full time job, social obligation and the gf... I'm not satisfied with the result, I had to cut half of it (A second encounter, a ride on the Candy Maker, potentially the TFGS-Ter69 dildo as a final gift with a masturbation scene) so if I try to proofread myself, I'll start deleting stuff out of frustration.

I know 30 pages is already a good amount of work, especially for a first participation, and that I'm just being my usual perfectionist bitch but... urgh! I need to step away from this project for a bit. I sacrificed so many sleep hours to do it and I'm not confident at all it up to par. We will see the results.

AgentNeoSpy

Dec 14, 2017
This.

To be exact it is midnight Fens time which is the same time that the forum is set to.
Thanks! I think I'll be working right up to the last minute

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
I don't know what sleep is I was up all night and morning finishing up something I no idea is good or not so Mary Holliday for whatever you worship. (Collapses)

Reactions: wallpaper

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
I think most of us can safely say we have run low on sleep in the last day or two.

But it's done!! Maybe next year we'll have learned, haha.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
Are they even going to have another holliday contest after christmas. I don't know so but I think they might wait a while before doing something else. That's just me though who knows.

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
Mm, if they have an Easter contest I think I'd probably make the entirety of my entry based around trying to create literal Easter eggs for the game to tuck in here and there, but I don't know enough about how it works to see it through, haha! Maybe make save-edit dependant content with a hook in the text of the game itself? Or some alternate scenes for pre-existing, common victory or defeat choices for various species?

wallpaper

Nov 29, 2017
I have no doubt this won't be reviewed in time before the end of the deadline submission, since it's an unholy 25 pages of mess that's still being done even now. Not my greatest planning, but it'll do.

Sorry for no gayness with one of the few actual dudes, but it feels weird to have everyone just be sex-crazed lunatics with only the next lay on their mind. I understand that 'oh ever since all the different sex cultures of different galactic species forced changes in the sexual activities of the galaxy and blah blah blah…' I get it. Don't worry, I fully get it. That doesn't mean I'm doing it though.

The bi-shaming blurb at the beginning is a little weird to me. Presuming heteronormative behaviour as not sex-crazed, but homosexual (or bisexual, really) behaviour for men as sex-crazed is kind of a kick in the butt to bi people in real life, you know? If your bag is hetero and lesbian romance, that's totally fine... but I don't think you need to defend it by lightly trampling other players. We understand ykinmk! (Or 'your lifestyle isn't mine' in some cases, lol!)