Wsan writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark67titan

Mar 26, 2016
That's the idea, yeah. You sign up for the experience and you're getting the full ride.
and then people get pissed off because the "warnings" wasnt in bold text and saying "character will be domming your ass up ahead" even though you can tell what the character is about just be reading the character scenes and interactions, which is actually quite funny

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Two new things up on Patreon; well, newish. Lund voyeurism is done and there's also an Ilaria blowjob (involves urethral play). You've been warned. Still gotta do an Urbolg comm, the Patreon story (looks like it's gonna be the dryad fucking Anno), and I wanna poke at some Dryad Throbb content too.

Swooced

Feb 18, 2016
Two new things up on Patreon; well, newish. Lund voyeurism is done and there's also an Ilaria blowjob (involves urethral play). You've been warned. Still gotta do an Urbolg comm, the Patreon story (looks like it's gonna be the dryad fucking Anno), and I wanna poke at some Dryad Throbb content too.

I'd ask for an approximation on any Lund enemy content, but I've a feeling it's unfortunately low priority...

Swooced

Feb 18, 2016
It's less low priority and more "nobody's paid for it". So in the sense it's not even on the list of priorities, I guess you're right.

Man, *I* would commision for it! But the damn thing is sold out and I'm not going to waste 5 bucks on being able to vote on something that has no gurantee of winning...

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Man, *I* would commision for it! But the damn thing is sold out and I'm not going to waste 5 bucks on being able to vote on something that has no gurantee of winning...
I'm redoing my comm stuff when September rolls around so you'll have a chance then. I also accept commissions outside of Patreon, although right now I'm probably full for the foreseeable future owing to already having 4 non-Patreon comms and the workload I'm about to take on next month.

Swooced

Feb 18, 2016
I'm redoing my comm stuff when September rolls around so you'll have a chance then. I also accept commissions outside of Patreon, although right now I'm probably full for the foreseeable future owing to already having 4 non-Patreon comms and the workload I'm about to take on next month.

Well, thanks for the chance I suppose... hey, I know this might be out of the blue, but have you any advice for an up-and-comer? I've recently set up my own patreon, and thus far managed two patrons, but no one seems to be commisioning anything... should I just go to where the money is? Convince people to come to me?

Any and all advice would be welcome, especially from some one like you who's managed fricken' TRIPLE digits... I wanna write because I love it, but writing rarely pays bills you know?

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Well, thanks for the chance I suppose... hey, I know this might be out of the blue, but have you any advice for an up-and-comer? I've recently set up my own patreon, and thus far managed two patrons, but no one seems to be commisioning anything... should I just go to where the money is? Convince people to come to me?

Any and all advice would be welcome, especially from some one like you who's managed fricken' TRIPLE digits... I wanna write because I love it, but writing rarely pays bills you know?
All of the non-staff writers I've seen succeed with writing as a semi-job or a permanent job have unique situations.
1) Nonesuch is easily a top 3 author in this community. It's honestly simple in his case; he's just good at it, so people want to commission him. He is also unique in that the aspects of writing he focuses on are more in line with, say, Savin than they are with me or Fen. He has a few characters that people really love.
2) SomeKindOfWizard (lesser known on the forums, well-known on discord) writes for a lot of Western visual novels. When she chips in for TiTS, she commands a premium because, again, she's good.
3) Obviously the person I can talk about best here is myself. I get commissions because I combine quality with quantity. I have an extremely long, proven track record going back years. So does pretty much any other author that gets attention - not to the same extent, but if you're going to ask people to bet on you, you have to show them some proof. When people come to me they usually want one of (or all of) a few things - high quality, speed, implementation time, and more recently both gay stuff and companion stuff (not many writers do either). Because I'm good at what I do I can usually just toss the shorter stuff at Fen and he'll put it in the same day (this is what just happened today; you can see the front page post about it).

I guess my advice to any budding author is to have previous work you can point at or to have work already in the game. Most (all?) of us started off writing for TiTS for free. I wrote and coded my own submissions for free while attending university. TiTS is a massive audience so there's always some niche to target with your work.

I should probably warn you though, I wouldn't recommend emulating me. Not because my life sucks or anything (I love it) but because no person in their right mind should do what I'm doing.

Swooced

Feb 18, 2016
Also on a side note, does anyone know if the whole Kor'gonne Chief thing will go anywhere? Cause like, his room is just occupying space on in the Hold, and you can't seem to enter...

moobere

May 19, 2017
Also on a side note, does anyone know if the whole Kor'gonne Chief thing will go anywhere? Cause like, his room is just occupying space on in the Hold, and you can't seem to enter...
Probly after the little invasion thing thats not in yet.

Reactions: Jongeedubs

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
@Wsan any chance for the new Lund submission scenes to make it into the backer/public build?
Yeah, I threw them in the submission queue. Fen'll get to them when he gets to them, I'm not worried.

The Korgonne Chief situation comes up later.

yeah but you can never have enough Lund
Y'all fiends.

The Krispiness

May 7, 2018
Under your bed.
www.google.com
@Wsan It's kinda weird that in Amber's expac you are directed to Urbolg for taur sex gear. That's a really far leap in logic. I'd think Ellie, Haley, and Sylvie (P.S. I don't think your expac for her is on patreon). The PC should get directed to Ellie who says the last of it was bought by "some lethian miners that were going to some comet somewhere". Only then would the player get directed to Urbolg.

Also, so nice to have more Illaria stuff. I was worried she might've been abandoned, but I always hoped for more stuff besides putting honey in that bunny's cunny and put a bunny in that honey. Do you got any other plans for her once you get some free time?

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
@Wsan Also, so nice to have more Illaria stuff. I was worried she might've been abandoned, but I always hoped for more stuff besides putting honey in that bunny's cunny and put a bunny in that honey. Do you got any other plans for her once you get some free time?

Naw. It was an ancient commission a former commissioner dredged up and wanted me to have another shot at. Also I don't have any 'free time' when it comes to TiTS writing; pretty much everything I do is paid for.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
So just in case y'all didn't know my Patreon's going through a remodel in September. My overall rates are rising to $21/1000 and I'm opening up a lot more slots. Here's my current Patreon workload
5x 1000 word slots
3x 2000 word slots
1x 4000 word slot (unlisted lol)

Here's what it'll look like after the changes:
6x 1000 word slots
4x 2000 word slots
3x 3000 word slots
2x 4000 word slots
Total = 31k words/month

Dunno how quickly these'll fill but uh, given how my expectations with relation to this kind of thing keep getting shattered probably pretty quick. I'll be finishing Siegwulfe first thing in September, then working on the rest of Amber's commissioned Dumbfuck content. From there, since Patreon people are now paying upfront, I'll be working on a mix of their stuff and Snekwife stuff. Should be fun!

B

Creator
Jul 13, 2016
You raising your rates means I can also raise mine, which is good and cool

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
August's story is up on Patreon - the voters chose Dryad x Anno, though Zephyr x Trapsteele wasn't too far behind. Really, there was a nice spread of votes everywhere. Here's an excerpt.

Taking the needy centauress by the hand, Anno led her to the quarters Steele had set her up with when she’d first arrived. A little more lived-in by now, the only part of it Amber really paid any attention to was the bed. It was soft and inviting even before the perky ausar girl had undone her jeans and laid down on all fours atop it, tempting her with the sight of Anno’s firm, natural ass.

“Waiting for a starting pistol?” Anno asked, swishing her fluffy tail back and forth. “C’mon, cutie, you can let out all that pent-up sexual aggression right here.”

It was like she’d been freed of her chains. Amber sprung forward, forelegs up on the bed and desperately seeking Anno’s hot, tight pussy with her oversized horsecock. Even through the haze of heat and lust, she could dimly feel just how incredibly wet the beautiful ausar beneath her was - the situation was beyond her wildest dreams. The reality of it all only truly hit her when she felt her flared tip catch on Anno’s slippery cunt and thrust herself inside, letting out an instinctive moan of pleasure when she found it to be every bit as perfect as she’d imagined it in her furtive fantasies about the endearing ausar babe, pressing down on her from all sides but still so warm and welcoming.

“Oh! Oh, you’re a big girl,” Anno groaned, arching her back in pleasure underneath Amber’s weight as she felt the deergirl’s swollen equine cockhead stretch her out. “Uunnnf!”

moobere

May 19, 2017
August's story is up on Patreon - the voters chose Dryad x Anno, though Zephyr x Trapsteele wasn't too far behind. Really, there was a nice spread of votes everywhere. Here's an excerpt.
Is it bad i kinda avoid anno?

Status
Not open for further replies.