Wsan writing

Discussion in 'Trials in Tainted Space' started by Wsan, Feb 6, 2016.

  1. Wsan

    Wsan Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2016
    Implemented

    Edan - a male Leithan in Tarkus' Mess Hall. He'll sleep with you if you're a girl.

    Dryad - a dryad in M'henga wilderness. She's a really nice herm girl who just wants to bang!

    Nyrea Huntress bad end - two additional scenes and a bad end when you lose to the Nyrean Alpha too many times.

    New Texas public use bad end - bad ending for Treated taur grills on New Texas who've been around. Accessible via Ellie.

    Haley - an amazon hermtaur on New Texas in the barn. She's aaaall about filling the PC with cum.

    Male Milodan - random encounter on Uveto. A furry barbarian that wants to hulksmash you in more ways than one.

    Deertaur TF - does what it says on the tin.

    Lund - Dogboy on Uveto.

    Ellie pregnancy expansion - pretty obvious.

    Stella D'Amore - extremely friendly pure female ausar beach babe bimbo (what a mouthful) on Tavros.

    Milly
    - quick encounter with the SteeleTech probe-collector girl on M'henga.

    SPACE BARES
    - silly mode encounter. You'll know it when you see it.

    Sylvie Synthsheath expansion
    - give your favourite Mountme a horsecock!

    Milodan pregnancy expansion
    - pretty obvious.


    Submitted

    Lund domination

    Zephyr x PC pregnancy

    Plot commission



    In progress

    Stella Breeding/Petplay

    Siegwulfe bimbo-domme expansion

    Unnamed 20k word commission

    Mechanic

    Ashley



    Commissions

    Commission thread
    18 USD per 1000 words.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Wsan, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: May 22, 2018 at 5:18 AM
  2. f4s1k1n

    f4s1k1n Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2015
    Where did you find the inspiration to that name? Because in Javanese language Edan means crazy,,,
     
  3. Wsan

    Wsan Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2016
    I can honestly say I had no idea. Funny coincidence!
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Lashcharge

    Lashcharge Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    Manly characters are indeed missed, straight or gay. There's a few issues with it, which could be me misreading your doc, because it's more confusing than I'm used to?


    First this happens in the Mess Hall. Which shouldn't be much of a issue for exhibitionists, but there are children in it(if I'm remembering correctly) and I think one of the devs said that's a big nono.


    You say this is first for girl characters, which I assume means feminine+vagina combo, and put a bunch of future possible feminine variants, but in the doc itself I don't see how he reacts to a masculine player proposing him for sex.


    You said you're doing variants for Leithan characters, but did you consider other type of taurs? Or technically Leithans with two legs?
     
  5. Emthana

    Emthana New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2016
    Please tell me we will be able to get revenge on him like we can do with Lane.
     
  6. Wsan

    Wsan Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2016
    Sorry, the doc might be weird because it's my first. Anyway, I've okayed the location with some devs (namely Fen) so I don't think there's any children involved.


    Yes, for girls so far. Sorry, I really should have been more specific when I said that (guess I forgot where I was). A girl with a vagina. I've also just realised I omitted males from the OP of this thread, my bad. He'll fuck traps whenever I get around to writing it, but I don't know if I can write "proper male on male" stuff. Guess that's up in the air for now? I don't feel too strongly about it either way, I'll figure it out later.


    As for non-Leithan taurs and non-taur Leithans... dunno. Non-Leithan taurs can probably be accommodated easily, non-taur Leithans might be really annoying. I didn't even know those existed, ha.


    Thanks everyone so far for your critique/help/questions! 


    The multiquote thing doesn't seem to be working but as for revenge, who knows.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Scarebear

    Scarebear Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2015
    Always happy to see more male NPCs, but so far it looks like Edan is not my type.


    Too blowjob centric, and he seems only really suited to cumslut/bimbo PCs.
     
  8. Wsan

    Wsan Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2016
    Yeah, right now it's gonna look that way because all of the anal/vaginal scenes are backloaded. soon.jpg


    Thanks again for the crit everyone.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Lashcharge

    Lashcharge Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    "You say goodbye to the raskvel family sitting around (or in their son's case, on) you and depart."


    Well rereading it doesn't specifically mention children, but it kinda implies it with this scene. Otherwise that's a very daring son.


    Mostly writers here don't consider writing scenes as gender specific, using variables to compensate here and there. Which brings the next issue: are you going to write entirely new scenes for herms and treated? Mostly people just use hascock variables for herms and Bimbo speech variable for treated(because there is more than one way to be bimbo and the treatment is only one of them).


    From what I understand the code requires to gather 6 points to be a full Leithan and you can get up to 7 without the legs.


    EDIT: I usually help people formatting their docs, and some of them can be pretty messy. I don't understand yours because it repeats itself a lot for some reason? I don't understand the logic behind that, but you said you were coding itself, so I shouldn't complain.
     
    #9 Lashcharge, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
  10. Wsan

    Wsan Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2016
    I will almost certainly write new scenes for treated PCs, which is why that will come after the "core functionality". They'll have less scenes overall though, probably. Herms probably won't actually get entirely new scenes, I'll just go back later and add them in with variables and new dialogue. Same for traps... probably. I'd like to have trap-specific scenes, but one thing at a time.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Lashcharge

    Lashcharge Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    What will be the differences between treated and regular scenes?


    Edit: I've realized my issues with your doc. It starts a variable for pc with 10% affection with him in the middle of the room description, continues across several scenes and then ends when the next part of the variable for pc with 20% affection, repeats the same scenes as above, and then goes for the 30% variable, going all this way into 100%.


    Altrough I'm not a coder, I observed tits code long enough to be pretty sure this is either impossible or has several reasons for gedan and fenoxo to not do it this way. It's very possible I could be wrong.


    I would normally give suggestions on how to fix it, but since you stated you're coding this, I don't know how to proceed.
     
    #11 Lashcharge, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
  12. Karretch

    Karretch Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    They're Raskvel. Half their existence consists of sex. I don't think they hide the concept from their children unless I'm missing something.
     
  13. Nik_van_Rijn

    Nik_van_Rijn Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2015
    They (Shekka's super-tribe that inhabits Nova) insist on preventing Aurora from learning about the 'Adult Secret'. I imagine same goes for their own children as long as they are considered such.
     
    Agrok likes this.
  14. Nonesuch

    Nonesuch Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    Aurora's Aurora. Amongst themselves, a race as sexually casual as the raskvel may have their own rules.


    That's kind of by the by though - the point about TiTS isn't to explore how alien an extra-terrestrial culture might be, it's to get the human reader's rocks off. With that in mind, I wouldn't have kids in any audience to a sex scene, because that weirds almost all human readers out.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. Etis

    Etis Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    Emmm... Is it mentioned somewhere, or your own guess?

    I'm quite sure, this is much less weird that some things already in game for most humans.


    About the topic: another Kelt? No, thanks. At least not without "turn tables" route.
     
    #15 Etis, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  16. Nonesuch

    Nonesuch Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    Name one.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Etis

    Etis Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    Like, every damn one of the monster girls, maybe? Humanoid octopus? Insectoid which would lay it's eggs in your butt? Amorphous goo pretending to be girl? Tentacle monsters? Snake which would eat your tail, attach to your body and drive you into ficking it? Also, don't mistake opinion of goverment of your country with whole humanity. Relationship of children and sexuality in people's perception is depending on who, where and when.


    Also, Reaha's when telling her past is saying that there are no hiding of such things from children on NT. On Mhen'ga one of the races have rape attempt as equivalent of saying hello and other which have 15 years of whole lifespan with all consequences.
     
  18. Woider

    Woider Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    Age of consent is based on the point in time most people sexually mature to the point of making an informed choice on sex. In essence, it's a utilitarian principle which aims to minimize harm.
     
  19. Nik_van_Rijn

    Nik_van_Rijn Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2015
    I'm with Nonesuch on the issue as a whole, it'd instantly change the mood to 'awkward as hell for me'. Additionally, having kids in the audience would potentially come too close to actually getting them involved, which is a big nope around here. Different kind of weird.


    Nitpicking time: Reaha was weirded the fuck out by her mother's and sisters' behavior, and despite their accelerated growth, races like Vanae or Nyrea still don't engage in (or allow PC to engage in) pedo- or ephebophilia, at least on screen.
     
  20. Etis

    Etis Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    Yes, and it varies from 12 to 21 in different countries. This means that it is based on bullshit principle rather than any real reasons.

    Reaha is obviously considered freak between NT people, and hiding things off screen doesn't really work for me.
     
  21. Nonesuch

    Nonesuch Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    All of these things aren't close to involving children in sexual activity, and are in most cases tropes that stretch back into antiquity. I am comfortable saying they are much less edgy. The sexual parasites are *slightly* more outre, but still not close.

    Keeping children separate from sexual activity is one of those things which is so close to a universal moral guideline in human society to be declared as such. Cultural relativism only goes so far here. Also, bringing age of consent into this is muddying the issue - the raskvel are described as children.

    And I would say that is the exact point that many players say "Woah, hang on a minute..." with regards to NT. Certainly it was for me - although as with a lot of Savin's work, it's hard to tell if he actually intended it that way.


    In my mind kids and sex should always be separated in erotica, no matter how indirect it is. This is one of the reasons why your offspring grow so fast in CoC, and why preg content is so thin on the ground in TiTS - it eases a lot of concerns the average player will have.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  22. Etis

    Etis Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    Eeeh, this thread is likely going nowhere. Certainly off topic. Let's drop it, since this is one of the themes where everyone is always left with own opinion afterwards.
     
  23. Wsan

    Wsan Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2016
    Christ, guys. There are no kids in the audience.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  24. Nonesuch

    Nonesuch Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    Sorry, Wsan. This sometimes happens.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  25. Wsan

    Wsan Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2016
    Just fyi the document's going to be out of date for a little bit. I have a tendency to do everything out of order, or more like in the order I get inspiration in. So I'm going back and editing the document at the same time I'm writing new scenes, but I'm also writing a couple of scenes ahead and then retroactively adjusting the scenes so they flow better. I've also changed the scope of the character a little bit and will likely adjust the ending; maybe make it so the player can choose what happens.


    Honestly, I don't know how people write characters "properly"; maybe they don't. I have this idealised image of an author sitting down, planning out the character, and then following the skeleton they've laid out. The way it seems to work for me is that I lay out a skeleton, sit down and write the scene, then get an idea and implement it, then go "Wait, that doesn't work with the previous scene. I'll have to adjust it", then go back to the other scene and change it, which might mean I have to move the scene that was going to come after so that it comes before and rewrite the dialogue, etc. Maybe you can only write a character in order if it's much smaller in scope. I dunno! I'm not actually down about it, I guess these are just musings. Anyway, I finished the next drinks scene. The next bits are where actual sex scenes start!


    Also I dunno if this is necessary to explain but the way the character works is that he holds dominance over you. You have the three base choices of Stories/Sex/Drinks when talking to him. Stories are just stories. The Sex/Drinks scenes change every time you hit a new dominance breakpoint (typically after doing a sex scene twice unless I change that too). The kicker is that the Drinks scenes don't increase his dominance over you, only sex scenes do. This is to avoid people missing a scene because they picked one and not the other. So if you wanted to see every scene, you'd do Drinks first every time. I have no idea if people will actually do that though, which is another reason I don't make Drinks increase it. At 30 dominance the Drinks/Stories options become unavailable anyway.


    Not coincidentally, I wrote this post out of order.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  26. Wsan

    Wsan Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2016
    Alright, I've written the first actual sex scene! It's only for Leithans at the moment, but I'll be writing the humanoid version before I move on to the next scene. This is probably a good time to bring up a few things about my writing, and writing for TiTS in general, just as points of discussion and explanation. I was gonna drop this as a post in response to a guy in Savin's Simple Scenes thread but it was offtopic, so I'll just put it here.


    First off, if you've already read the document the new scene starts on page 48. It ended up a lot longer than I thought. Also, the formatting is fucked because I wrote it in LibreOffice and it didn't paste right. Also, I need to edit it later.


     Like I said, it's not complete (lots of else cases I haven't covered). I'm new to writing for TiTS, but I'm pretty sure I've already run into a few of the main problems to do with accommodating tauric characters, but Leithans in particular. Also problems with writing for PCs in general - I've done writing before, but it was one character.


    1) The first is that unless you're making an NPC ONLY for Leithans, every single sex scene and possibly dialogue/entry/etc scene will be FULL of if/else statements to cover having six legs and rear-mounted genitals, as well as a frontally mounted humanoid body that can't reach its hindquarters. This is actually only the tip of the iceberg, as I'm told that you can technically have Leithan as your race but NOT be a taur. If this is possible, holy fuck, it's amazing anyone has EVER written anything for a Leithan PC. It means I have to have if/elses inside the if/elses I already have specifically for Leithans to cover whatever fucker has a non-taur Leithan.


    2) Looking over the forums, I've realised pretty much noone (at least the ones on the forums, which I don't take as representative of the whole but there's a definite trend) plays the way I do. Everyone is a hermaphroditic goo-bodied starfucker with wings. Holy shit! The document is 55 pages long and I'm not even halfway done. If I ever accommodate everything, which I won't, it'd be like 600. The coding has taken a backseat to the writing, but depending on how annoying it is to detect if someone is a trap (hopefully not that bad) maybe I can't make that happen.


    3) Speaking of detecting things, holy shit, the Treatment. I thought it would be as easy as


    if pc.treated()
    {
    stuff lol
    }


    But Lash reminded me there are different types of treatment... so not everyone is gonna have bimbo speech, not everyone is gonna have grabbable horns, and some of them are gonna have dicks too. FUCK me, what a pain in the figurative ass. I used to wonder why the content on some planets like NT was so self-contained, but now I know. The PC is customisable - amazingly so, I don't think I've ever seen so many TFs. This is fantastic for players but a frigging nightmare for writers. Since I'm the one doing the coding (it's a bit of a stretch to call what I'm doing coding, but it's there) for my own character, I'm doing a singular route for one type of PC before I'm doing too many expansions. This is because I need to have a "complete" route so I can start debugging without having to figure out why the zebramorph-wolfkin hybrid's genitals won't work but the Ausar's will. Although I've written a few scenes for Leithan/non-Leithan PCs because I like taurs, so that's not even true. Whatever.


    I guess that's it for now. I do apologize for the messiness of the document. Lash did his best, but there's a bunch of shit that needs editing and I could literally do that all day so I'm producing raw material to "complete" a route instead, because frankly I imagine my code is gonna have a shitton of bugs in it given my unfamiliarity with the structure. This is why you may have seen me saying "I'll do it later" a lot. I'm not throwing shit to the wayside, it's just that it's far less important than just writing at this point.


    Tl;dr writing for you snowflakes has turned me into a jaded husk and I'm only halfway done, but this shit will happen. Unless fen vetoes it and I commit sudoku.


    Edit: Have added the non-Leithan sex scene too. It's mostly the same except when he cums he lifts you off the ground. Will probably edit it a bit, but...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #26 Wsan, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2016
  27. Karretch

    Karretch Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    There's a reason we refer to Steele as an amorphous blob.
     
  28. Couch

    Couch Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2015
    Do not attempt to cover all body types.  The only things you should account for are {they got the d // they got the v // they got both}, {they got dem titties // they don't got dem titties}, and {muh fetish}.  I like lactating and cumflation so I almost always write bits for if you can do either.  I don't try to account for multiple dicks because I generally don't like multiple dicks.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Agrok likes this.
  29. Wsan

    Wsan Well-Known Member
    Creator

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2016
    That's pretty much what I'm doing for now. At the least I want scenes for female Leithans and female non-Leithans. Where I go from there, dunno.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  30. Lashcharge

    Lashcharge Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2015
    The problem with this project is that it's trying to do sex scenes for every 10% of relationship, instead of doing sex scenes and changing them with variables.