Wsan CoC2 content

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
so I do wish mechanical stats weren't tied to narrative ability/personality and dialogue

They really aren't. The only time they typically are is (VERY rarely) when high Cunning gives the PC a snarkier response or a witty one-liner. There aren't Persuade checks or things like that much if at all.

Helia

May 8, 2017
They really aren't. The only time they typically are is (VERY rarely) when high Cunning gives the PC a snarkier response or a witty one-liner. There aren't Persuade checks or things like that much if at all.

I only mean small dialogue variations, nothing major, but I do find it a tad annoying since I like customizing my characters roleplay, so dialogue variations that show your PC being strong for say, an amazonian character not being available if you are a charmer or mage since you can't level that attribute up at all. I'm just nitpicking, it's not a huge deal per say.

I can't speak for the whole game, but starting out there was breaking open the cage/pickpocketing/lockpicking in dog days, agility running with the woman in the track field which you get locked out of with pregnancy, and looking at the wiki a fair few scenes are described as requiring a certain amount of stats to accomplish like a rockslide, quests like Into the Closet/Shades of the Past which use the various stats for different outcomes, or bridal carrying an npc.

Plus it seems like backgrounds provide unique flavour text as well, although ones like scholar seem to get a lot more than the others, whilst some get none.

I completely understand that for most of these there are alternate options and you always have one or more that work (although it is probably awkward for a Meadow esque character if you play a Thief or Charmer), I don't consider this a huge deal, but it would be nice if roleplay dialogue wasn't directly tied to combat stats.

Helia

May 8, 2017
I'm a dex stan but I play warrior in CoC2 cause I don't otherwise have the strength to turn the tables on Brienne in a scene.
Yeah this is essentially my point, I'm not a fan of roleplay options being limited behind character classes. I enjoy the combat to an extent but I'm not beholden to it, so I prefer cheating up stats for scenes I can enjoy instead of focusing on it. And since backgrounds effect your stats as well, but have imbalanced options during dialogue, it is a similar pet peeve.

If anyone figures out what "BRINT_APP_BIMBO" is for I would greatly appreciate being made aware, since I like exploring all the content.

I agree with runing in that I love what the writing team is doing and I happily look forward to the future.

Helia

May 8, 2017
You can always rearrange stats at a trainer, regardless of class restrictions.

That is good to know, I haven't earned enough Electrum to utilize those mechanics yet, thank you. I'm still not sure on the system itself being ideal, but having mechanics in the game to be flexible with it is nice.

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
It only costs 300~ coins to respec stats, that's pretty much nothing. A handful of fights worth of money.

Helia

May 8, 2017
I've been procrastinating progressing further in the game because I'm exploring all the content in the early areas, so money is pretty slow. I feel this is getting a bit too off-topic for this thread though so I'll stop now.

Doglord

Mar 24, 2021
Hey there Wsan (or anyone else able to answer) I've got a question. I was looking over the parser documentation and noticed that Brienne has a flag to call the pc daddy/mommy. I'm assuming that either I've never seen it in game, or it's unimplemented?

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Hey there Wsan (or anyone else able to answer) I've got a question. I was looking over the parser documentation and noticed that Brienne has a flag to call the pc daddy/mommy. I'm assuming that either I've never seen it in game, or it's unimplemented?
I probably just forgot to use it, ha. Or I didn't write the scene to establish it yet. She can't just randomly call you it because not everyone's into that.

Doglord

Mar 24, 2021
I probably just forgot to use it, ha. Or I didn't write the scene to establish it yet. She can't just randomly call you it because not everyone's into that.
Now that I think about it, I vaguely remember her saying it once in a scene, which made me do a double take since it was so out of the blue. I may be losing my mind of course, but if I ever discover it again, I'll put up a bug report. Either way, thanks for your answer, as well as the content you produce for the game!

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Actually, I had a question since it came up in a discussion of Brint and Brienne's respective gameplay. I notice that Brienne does not have the same Blight and Pheromone weaknesses that Brint does. Is that intentional?

Since I just got a Champ with the right setup to find the scene (because I want one ready for future Lesbrienne fun), if you have a vagina and chose to Get Eaten Out, you can request that Brienne calls you Mommy. I don't it affects anything outside that specific instance though. I didn't see an equivalent scene for being called Daddy with my shemale Champ so that might not be implemented.

Reactions: Shanghai_Hourai

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Actually, I had a question since it came up in a discussion of Brint and Brienne's respective gameplay. I notice that Brienne does not have the same Blight and Pheromone weaknesses that Brint does. Is that intentional?

Not in the sense I made a decision about it. It's just that she isn't a furry now, technically, so she doesn't have the same resists, I think. I'll have to poke a coder.

Reactions: Shanghai_Hourai

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
If you ever consider adding some mommy/daddy role play, please do. It would be nice.

Reactions: Damiekinz

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Finally un-blew up my computer. Turns out my ~3 month old M2 drive kicked the bucket and I upgraded my motherboard/CPU for nothing, but at least the shop replaced the SSD for free and I'm no longer using a first-generation i5. Anyway, back to Elthara stuff. It'll be interesting to see what the reaction's like.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Anyway, back to Elthara stuff. It'll be interesting to see what the reaction's like.
Weird wording at the end there. Did you write something that can turn people off or something? It is hard to believe it. Since pregnancy content for a hot thick elf should flow through you like Nile through Egypt. You would need to try to mess it up.

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Weird wording at the end there. Did you write something that can turn people off or something? It is hard to believe it. Since pregnancy content for a hot thick elf should flow through you like Nile through Egypt. You would need to try to mess it up.
Pretty sure he meant it as in how excited people are going to be when they see it.

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
You are both wrong. :^)
There is a lot of Elthara content coming, more than you'd expect given I wrote this in a month. Sitting at around 36500 words atm, probably be closer to 50k by the time I send it to the coders. The only problem is that it's extremely complex so it might not even be coded in time for Mayternity, but we'll see. I feel bad for leykoss already.

Ireyon

May 14, 2018
There is a lot of Elthara content coming, more than you'd expect given I wrote this in a month. Sitting at around 36500 words atm, probably be closer to 50k by the time I send it to the coders. The only problem is that it's extremely complex so it might not even be coded in time for Mayternity, but we'll see. I feel bad for leykoss already.

I'm not specifically interested in Elthara but anything that makes coders cry due to length has my attention.

Have you considered sending a box of chocolates as an apology?

Kizrah

Jan 17, 2021

I don't remember what scene it was, but I am 100% sure there is a scene where Brienne called me mommy.

Sitting at around 36500 words atm, probably be closer to 50k by the time I send it to the coders.

:eek::oops:

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019

50k words for elthara content????

It's like all my namedays have come at once!

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Oh, sounds fun. I hope that the content is fun for those people that are not into whole pregnancy thing. Me, can not wait for all of it. Still, close to 50 000 words. Good lord man. You are really going above and beyond for best elf.

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth here, but what made you decide on such a giant expansion for Elthara? I enjoy her too, but I figured she was pretty feature complete as a side character who's into screwing around with multiple people, like a less important Elf-Cait. I'd have never guessed she was slated to start a family and whatever else you have planned for her. Is Hethia also going to get some kind of expansion or did you just feel like you enjoyed Elthara's character more between the two of them?